We could not have given any more

DB-14

pettigrewsstylist
50 minutes ago, Haken said:

The team line up was odd.  Smacked of trying to hold onto 0-0 for an hour and then bring on Uche, Walker and Naismith.  However, that starting line up was neve going to tire Rangers’ defence, or anyone else’s, for that matter.

the formation was way too narrow for Hampden.  So much so that Tavernier could’ve reared a herd of cattle in all the space he was getting.

Effort?  MacLean runs about but there’s always an easy out  because no one is closing down Rangers’ options.  We do that a lot and it boils my piss.

we have a group of players who have no belief in themselves, and they aren’t going to get that from a guy who’s been there all along.  New manager needs to bring in his own coaching team.  We are dire and we are in trouble as things stand.

Totally, with that line up we were always goig to be beat by time the masterclass of subs came on. Piss poor and transparent plan.

Empty him. Another hope for the best, whilst hiding loon.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darren

• Bazzas right boot

• jambopilms

• Jon Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imo they ran about a lot, effort was fine. 

Quality, a different issue. 

Very poor. 

Our players  ran about chasing shadows. 

We got absolutely torn apart today 3- 0 going on 8-0

What annoys me more is this type of attitude is what’s got us as good as bottom of the league and performances like today becoming the norm. As an example Steve Clarke had a decent Kilmarnock side punching above their weight because he just wouldn’t accept performances like that, he had them believing they could go toe to toe with anyone and had a system that worked and stuck to it. We have absolutely none of that, we just accept mediocrity and trot out the excuses. Whoever comes in needs to be a winner, and make sure the players know exactly what standard is required. 

Berra and Smith gave their all.  That's it.

At least half of the Hearts players on that pitch today were utterly hopeless.  We do have some very good players but the rest are utterly hopeless.

Goalie was OK.

The tactics consisted of knock it back to the keeper then launch it. It was feeble, pitiful pish. He played Wighton and Meshino as defensive forwards, more focused on that than actually creating plays. The midfield were utterly horrendous. 

It was probably the worst performance this season tbh in terms of the importance of the game, we created absolutely zilch.

And his comments just go against the facts.

Silly Austin, I know he’s probably trying to protect them and not dent their confidence further but facts are facts and if he truly believes what he said then it just confirms how low the bar it set at Hearts these days.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

Our players  ran about chasing shadows. 

We got absolutely torn apart today 3- 0 going on 8-0

Yip. 

How I seen it. Quality the issue, not effort. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

But it did have something to.do with the way we set up to play the game

Yip. 

Set up and quality the issue. 

Imo, we tried, we were just piss. 

Utter rank. 

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Why are you convinced things are in the process of being fixed? Things have been desperately in need of fixing for at least a year.

I would say two years. 

The biggest issue yesterday was quality HOWEVER their first goal comes about because nobody was marking Davis edge of the box at the first corner ..Sean Clare was marking nobody. The actual goal was simply poor defending and coaching.  The third goal was Bozanic allowing Morelos to run past him and ended up putting in a pathetic attempt to stop the shot. 

McPhee should get the job permanently if he can tell me what Sean Clare brings to the team. Like most, I've wanted the boy to do well however he was utterly shocking yesterday in both quality and effort.  Playing him, Bozanic, Wighton & McLean was basically 7 vs 11. 

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

This guy is a joke.. 

He is I think responsible for a lot more than we are led to believe. 

Very good talker and without doubt he needs to go as well 

17 hours ago, Darren said:

Ikpeazu lasted 55 minutes or so absolutely fine. Why not start him then take him off if he tires?

He had a decent game at Tynecastle, why not give them something to think about from the start? Why give Rangers the impetus by starting with Maclean and Wighton?

I steered my comment in the direction of today's game. I think when we're discussing the merits of MacPhee's coaching that's not a huge step in a different direction.

You then referred to three times when he's apparently picked the right team. I must have missed his successful spell in charge of Hearts.

You must not follow hearts or pay attention to the previous three games he has managed,

J.T.F.Robertson

We were basically outclassed and can only hope a new manager DOES have the ability to make us a lot better. Fingers x'd!

Also, a few less serious injuries would hopefully help the cause.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Just now, Jon Snow said:

You must not follow hearts or pay attention to the previous three games he has managed,

I paid plenty of attention to the game he managed yesterday.

18 hours ago, Darren said:

Ikpeazu lasted 55 minutes or so absolutely fine. Why not start him then take him off if he tires?

He had a decent game at Tynecastle, why not give them something to think about from the start? Why give Rangers the impetus by starting with Maclean and Wighton?

I steered my comment in the direction of today's game. I think when we're discussing the merits of MacPhee's coaching that's not a huge step in a different direction.

You then referred to three times when he's apparently picked the right team. I must have missed his successful spell in charge of Hearts.

Exactly.  We did get well beaten yesterday, didn’t we?

Yet the poster taking you up on points portrays him as a mastermind because of a game last season in which CL probably still had authority over team selection from his sick bed.

You could nit pick for a while at yesterday’s selection. He wanted to ‘run’ Rangers, basically, with Wighton(whether rated or not) who’s been injured and not played, but left 3 much much better players on the bench, 2 of which were on return from injury like Wighton, and his best centre forward available......in a national semi final, v Rangers, at Hampden. 

If ever there was a game that finally highlighted the tactical, over thinking pish we’ve endured for too long , it was yesterday.  He more or less said it all in the post match interview. 

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Please tell me about the other 3? 

I can't say I keep a mental note of games presided over by caretaker managers.

But seeing as you're the one who keeps banging on about them, why not enlighten me?

Michael Smith has a very different assessment of the team performance yesterday. Players just not doing what they should be doing and lacking belief.

I don't think he could have got it more wrong if he tried.  The starting line-up tells you that he was handing the game to rangers on a plate.  He should have started with just about everyone who was on that bench and got stuck right in.

That would at least have let us come away with some respect.  Who knows, we might even have won.

23 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I didn't expect much today, obviously went hoping something special might happen but it was all hope rather than expectation. I really just wanted to see if even this early a change in style might bring out something different in the squad. I'll maybe have a better idea after the fixture next week against St Mirren but at the moment I think I'm beginning to feel that as well as a replacement manager there is a fair bit of work to be done on the squad as well.

In parts it was similar to Wednesday night, then St Johnstone were a piss poor team but we allowed them to beat us, today that was far from a good Rangers side, but a goal either side of half time killed the game stone dead.

The hard work to stay up begins in earnest at Tynecastle next week, and hopefully this will reflect in the way we approach the game versus St Mirren next Saturday.

I wish they'd let you pick the team and determine the tactics.  I honestly do.

55 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't think he could have got it more wrong if he tried.  The starting line-up tells you that he was handing the game to rangers on a plate.  He should have started with just about everyone who was on that bench and got stuck right in.

That would at least have let us come away with some respect.  Who knows, we might even have won.

Spot on!  He basically got it the wrong way round.  Tactical genius!

Nelly Terraces
8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yesterday was an embarrassment. His comments are a disgrace. 

Totally agree. By the end we were so disorganised it was like watching a pub team - totally all over the place. It was just amateurish.

Never laid a glove on them either, and the team selection was laughable. 

Guest ToqueJambo

That didn't take long 😂 McPhee Oot! Graffiti on the crest next. 

It was a pretty attacking line-up to be fair. The easy option with our injuries would have been to pack midfield. Mind you, at least one of Naismith, Uche and Walker should have started if he planned to play them at all. The league's pretty much done this season so with a final at stake this was the game to risk at least one of them. Uche had started previous games on fire and had the Rangers defenders on toast last time out. He would have been our best chance of an early goal. That was a bit of a clanger of a decision.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Looking at our squad and how utterly shite most of them are I 100% agree with the gormless hippie in that yes, they certainly are not capable if giving anymore.

Guest ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, kissthebadge said:

The biggest issue yesterday was quality HOWEVER their first goal comes about because nobody was marking Davis edge of the box at the first corner ..Sean Clare was marking nobody. The actual goal was simply poor defending and coaching.  The third goal was Bozanic allowing Morelos to run past him and ended up putting in a pathetic attempt to stop the shot. 

McPhee should get the job permanently if he can tell me what Sean Clare brings to the team. Like most, I've wanted the boy to do well however he was utterly shocking yesterday in both quality and effort.  Playing him, Bozanic, Wighton & McLean was basically 7 vs 11. 

This is the problem any new Hearts manager would have faced on Sunday, same as Levein or McPhee. Most folk agree even just a 30-minutes fit Uche should have started in place of McLean, but who should have played instead of Bozanic, Wighton and Clare? 

As Naismith and Walker are still coming back, our only fit options are Irving, Damour and Morrison. I'm not even sure Damour and Morrison were fit as they weren't on the bench after playing against St Johnstone so maybe two games in a. week is two much for them just now. Either way I don't think any of those three would have made a difference.

I get everyone's fed up talking about the injuries but if a new man took over tomorrow he'd have the same group of mostly 2nd and 3rd choice picks to choose from in some key positions. Our injuries have been unbelievable, here's hoping we get Naismith, Walker, Washington, Mulraney, Souttar, Haring and Halkett (have I missed anyone?) back soon, and that Smith and Whelan aren't now out for a while after Sunday.

Edited by ToqueJambo

MacPhee had a plan alright sit in defend and try stop rangers from scoring. The whole team was crap they did not show for passes they looked like a team what to do on the park 

What a disgrace from anyone associated with Hearts to come out with. Ask the Fans who started to leave after the third goal, if they felt the team had given their all??

Everyone knows there is only one way to achieve a result against the old firm, and that is an in your face approach. We however, started like rabbits in the headlights and opted to play our way into the game. This has NEVER worked, yet McPhee with this game as an Interview failed spectacularly.

The only thing worse than his tactics was his assessment of the game afterwards. We need a complete clear out of the Levein mob, as they have a Losers mentality.

Edited by gowestjambo

letsalldothebeattie

Comments like that are what is going to cement him not getting the job so for that I am delighted he’s said it. Sunday has shown he’s not up to managing us the team sheet was baffling and to come out with a comment like that is just like the teams performance on Sunday, pathetic & embarrassing. Sooner we get somebody new in and clear out McPhee, Daly & Fox the better. Fresh start fresh ideas needed 

What should he have said? "Well two days in I can see that the squad is bloated with sub-standard players who are incapable of covering for the injured players..."

We played our LB at RB because our RB was covering CB and then he got injured so had to be replaced with a striker...

Willfully ignoring the truths of the predicament MacPhee found himself in may suit an agenda but most of us are not stupid enough to fail to see through it...

Just now, Spellczech said:

What should he have said? "Well two days in I can see that the squad is bloated with sub-standard players who are incapable of covering for the injured players..."

We played our LB at RB because our RB was covering CB and then he got injured so had to be replaced with a striker...

Willfully ignoring the truths of the predicament MacPhee found himself in may suit an agenda but most of us are not stupid enough to fail to see through it...

How about the truth .

Michael Smith called it right.

Regardless of what he should or shouldn't have said, he himself must have known his post match comments wouldn't have gone down well.

The philosophy was - as it has been for some time - defend from the front.  While I fully expect every player to play some role in defending attacks, it's a negative mindset that has become ingrained in the players.  How many times did we see a player facing forwards turn around and play it backwards?  How many times did we see the 'attacking line-up' move to take up good position going forward?  This has been going on for ages, now.

Saturday needs to be about us scoring goals, not us preventing them from scoring goals.  Hopefully, if Naismith is fit enough to start, he'll help with that, as some of these professional footballers appear to need told where to stand and where to run to.

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You’re reverting to the we are bright and intelligent and understand what’s really going on. Do you have eyes? Did you watch that shit show? 

Just stop the rather tiresome I’m better than anyone nonsense. It’s just more excuses like the one’s that kept Craig in the job. Austin should be nowhere near our dugout after Sunday. 

On 03/11/2019 at 19:07, Darren said:

So utterly transparent that his tactics were to keep it at 0-0 and bring on Ikpeazu, Naismith and Walker.

A terrible choice, not least because one injury can totally scupper those plans.

MacPhee is a total diddy, a Levein man and should be punted forthwith.

Not sure what else he could do in the circumstances? The game plan was working until Whelan had to go off.  I blame CL for having a crap squad, it’s not AM fault.

Whilst I would prefer a more experienced manager I don’t blame AM for the result on Sunday.

AM has managed the first team 4 times and has won 3 of these games.

40 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Comments like that are what is going to cement him not getting the job so for that I am delighted he’s said it. Sunday has shown he’s not up to managing us the team sheet was baffling and to come out with a comment like that is just like the teams performance on Sunday, pathetic & embarrassing. Sooner we get somebody new in and clear out McPhee, Daly & Fox the better. Fresh start fresh ideas needed 

3 wins from 4 games suggests he can manage us successfully. 

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Some of what you say is true, but part of the "predicament" he was in was of his own making.

Starting with Maclean and Wighton up front.

No place on the bench for Dikamona, a player who can cover CH or RB

Pinning his hopes on keeping it at 0-0 until the last 20 minutes when he could put on 2 players that hadn't played since August.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Not sure what else he could do in the circumstances? The game plan was working until Whelan had to go off.  I blame CL for having a crap squad, it’s not AM fault.

Whilst I would prefer a more experienced manager I don’t blame AM for the result on Sunday.

AM has managed the first team 4 times and has won 3 of these games.

I’m not suggesting he should get the managers job myself but things went against us when Whelan had to go off. Losing Smith too was a hammer blow. 
Starting Wighton was a surprise but at least he went with 2 up front when there is absolutely no way Levein would’ve. It wasn’t the usual scared set up that were used to in Glasgow. We didn’t get much foothold in the game either due to a chronic lack of talent in the middle of the park. 
But looking at it, apart from possibly starting Uche (and he was rumoured to not be 100%) I’m not sure what else he could’ve done tbh. Our squad, or what is available anyway, isn’t very good. We were never beating Rangers with what we had. 
The new guy has got a job on his hands. This team looks in a bit of trouble. A win saturday is absolutely essential. We lose that and a relation battle gets real. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

How about the truth .

Michael Smith called it right.

Regardless of what he should or shouldn't have said, he himself must have known his post match comments wouldn't have gone down well.

Fair play to Smith - finally someone telling it how it is, and that doesn’t just apply to the players.

Prince Buaben

Hearts look like a smaller scale version of Arsenal. Where players look like they have had it easy, no real direction and everything looks lethargic.

Going to take a while to get over this.  

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

3 wins from 4 games suggests he can manage us successfully. 

Under Levein. Levein hasn’t got any say on the team to pick. Sunday was Austin McPhee’s first game in charge on his own and he bottled it

7 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Under Levein. Levein hasn’t got any say on the team to pick. Sunday was Austin McPhee’s first game in charge on his own and he bottled it

Explain how he 'bottled' it? Such an overused, nonsense term. We couldnt come out the blocks and attack, we would have been ripped apart. The game plan of soaking up pressure  and frustrating Rangers for the first half was working well until GW had to go off. We shot ourselves in the foot by losing a 2nd goal so quickly in the second half.

I remember a certain Paulo Sergio doing the exact same to Celtic then bringing on Beattie to turn the game on it's head. 

St Mirren is massive, that is the game we will see his credentials. He isnt getting the job, that is clear.

letsalldothebeattie
20 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Explain how he 'bottled' it? Such an overused, nonsense term. We couldnt come out the blocks and attack, we would have been ripped apart. The game plan of soaking up pressure  and frustrating Rangers for the first half was working well until GW had to go off. We shot ourselves in the foot by losing a 2nd goal so quickly in the second half.

I remember a certain Paulo Sergio doing the exact same to Celtic then bringing on Beattie to turn the game on it's head. 

St Mirren is massive, that is the game we will see his credentials. He isnt getting the job, that is clear.

What like we did at Tynie 2 weeks ago? That was the platform for Levein & then McPhee when Levein was gone. It’s been proven it works when you get in the face of the old firm and go at them from the off you can get a result. Throw in the fact he doesn’t start Uche who dominated their back 4 in the game. He start Wighton in his first game back in who knows how long but doesn’t take that same risk with Naisy. Nobody on here can honestly say looking at the team he put out we were going get anything from that game. He bottled the selection which resulted in us getting exactly what we deserved on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not suggesting he should get the managers job myself but things went against us when Whelan had to go off. Losing Smith too was a hammer blow. 
Starting Wighton was a surprise but at least he went with 2 up front when there is absolutely no way Levein would’ve. It wasn’t the usual scared set up that were used to in Glasgow. We didn’t get much foothold in the game either due to a chronic lack of talent in the middle of the park. 
But looking at it, apart from possibly starting Uche (and he was rumoured to not be 100%) I’m not sure what else he could’ve done tbh. Our squad, or what is available anyway, isn’t very good. We were never beating Rangers with what we had. 
The new guy has got a job on his hands. This team looks in a bit of trouble. A win saturday is absolutely essential. We lose that and a relation battle gets real. 

What use was 2 up front when we never made it past the half-way line. The team froze at the centre circle and passed it all the way back to our keeper. That is all I saw us do on Sunday.