We could not have given any more

DB-14

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We have a very poor team. What else did we expect?

The word being used Apathy. Not really acceptable is it our squad should be so much better back to the usual recruitment issues

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darren

• Bazzas right boot

• jambopilms

• Jon Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

Great. Didn't have a clue how to set up Hearts to compete today, though.

No that was clear as day but the question was how he got a job at a club like hearts and would experience pros listen to instructions. I’ll spin it back to you and say he did the last three times he has picked the team but it’s a pointless statement just like yours just now 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Our effort today was NOT fine. Our midfield was weak as pish water without Whelan. Uche apart our forwards were powder puff or anonymous. We don't look fit and run out of gas early doors almost every game we play. We very rarely press teams and either don't pass to players who can run at teams or said players are terrified to get the ball. Our first team would be a match for anyone in the league if it was EVER available to be picked but it's not and the squad players are not good enough and do not fight and scrap for the ball. The right manager would sort us out. Hopefully we employ him.

Whelan is simply twice the player of Irving or Bozanic 

Wighton and Maclean ran about and got stuck in, just poor players Compared to Walker, Naismith, Uche or Washington. 

Not passing and being terrified is all about mentality and ability not running about or effort imo. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, mutchy1 said:

Uche should have started 100% Austin u need a major kick up the arse, brutal to watch 

Ridiculous he never started tbh. 

I got slaughtered on the match day thread for highlighting that MacPhee has been a major, major part in the shape and tactics for months now. Our game plan today was a carbon copy of the cup final tactics, hold on for penalties or sneak a goal from a set play.  Thankfully today should be the last we see MacPhee and Daly in the hearts dug out. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I got slaughtered on the match day thread for highlighting that MacPhee has been a major, major part in the shape and tactics for months now. Our game plan today was a carbon copy of the cup final tactics, hold on for penalties or sneak a goal from a set play.  Thankfully today should be the last we see MacPhee and Daly in the hearts dug out. 

I remember your posts earlier and still think you were wrong. I just think it is way more likely that levin has influenced McPhee than the other way round. Craig has barely changed his tactics his whole career. Not saying AM has had zero influence just doubting the extent of the influence you say he’s had.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whelan is simply twice the player of Irving or Bozanic 

Wighton and Maclean ran about and got stuck in, just poor players Compared to Walker, Naismith, Uche or Washington. 

Not passing and being terrified is all about mentality and ability not running about or effort imo. 

Bozanic's lack of guts and effort in turning his back on the cross was directly responsible for one of the goals IMO. Wighton was as anonymous as Clare and the only two challenges I can recall Maclean making were the one he was, wrongly booked for and the one on their whiney arsed keeper after the whistle had gone. Neither of those players should be anywhere near a Hearts team, again in my opinion. John Millar, Neil Berry, Ian Black, Brian Whittaker, Ryan Stevenson even the likes of Gavin Reilly and Jamie ******* Hamill are prime examples of "inferior" players who put in a shift for this club and whose effort could rarely be questioned. Not many in the current squad can say the same. This may well be down to the management of both Levien and McPhee but the efort has to come from the players. Glaring lack of it today 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I remember your posts earlier and still think you were wrong. I just think it is way more likely that levin has influenced McPhee than the other way round. Craig has barely changed his tactics his whole career. Not saying AM has had zero influence just doubting the extent of the influence you say he’s had.

I think MacPhee was meant to take over from Levein and has been given the reins on more than a few occasions. Shape, tactics, staring 11’s, set play ideas etc etc all coming from MacPhee. Not saying it can’t be a bit of both but he has definitely had a huge part to play in the mess we find ourselves. 

portobellojambo1

I didn't expect much today, obviously went hoping something special might happen but it was all hope rather than expectation. I really just wanted to see if even this early a change in style might bring out something different in the squad. I'll maybe have a better idea after the fixture next week against St Mirren but at the moment I think I'm beginning to feel that as well as a replacement manager there is a fair bit of work to be done on the squad as well.

In parts it was similar to Wednesday night, then St Johnstone were a piss poor team but we allowed them to beat us, today that was far from a good Rangers side, but a goal either side of half time killed the game stone dead.

The hard work to stay up begins in earnest at Tynecastle next week, and hopefully this will reflect in the way we approach the game versus St Mirren next Saturday.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Just now, busby1985 said:

I think MacPhee was meant to take over from Levein and has been given the reins on more than a few occasions. Shape, tactics, staring 11’s, set play ideas etc etc all coming from MacPhee. Not saying it can’t be a bit of both but he has definitely had a huge part to play in the mess we find ourselves. 

Aye fair enough. Set plays for sure, as I’ve said though I doubt the rest. No real way of proving which of us is right without confirmation from someone inside the club.

29 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Spot on, he should have gone all-out to be four goals up at half-time, then brought on Uche, Walker, and Naismith for the second half. 

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No that was clear as day but the question was how he got a job at a club like hearts and would experience pros listen to instructions. I’ll spin it back to you and say he did the last three times he has picked the team but it’s a pointless statement just like yours just now 

Sorry, what's your point? The last three times of what? 

From someone who's been there the whole time throughout the specky and Cathro decibels, and in auld saggy tits wisdom still kept a job, I think you should do the honourable thing and get yourself as far to **** out the club as possible you weirdo looking *******. 

Folk do realise he isnt the new manager right ? Save your tears and tantrums. Calm yer tits and wait till we have our new manager in place. That's what we wanted but it doesn't happen over night. Interim manager that's all. I think some expected a big turn in fortunes after two days, jokers

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imo they ran about a lot, effort was fine. 

Quality, a different issue. 

Very poor. 

The effort today was not a patch in the effort Rangers put in!!! 

The closed us down quickly at every opportunity and their work rate was far better than ours all over the park. 

We are a team of unfit, injury prone idiots 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Folk do realise he isnt the new manager right ? Save your tears and tantrums. Calm yer tits and wait till we have our new manager in place. That's what we wanted but it doesn't happen over night. Interim manager that's all. I think some expected a big turn in fortunes after two days, jokers

Enjoy the game today?

Not sure why that should be acceptable just because Levein has finally been given his jotters.

Edited by Darren

15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I didn't expect much today, obviously went hoping something special might happen but it was all hope rather than expectation. I really just wanted to see if even this early a change in style might bring out something different in the squad. I'll maybe have a better idea after the fixture next week against St Mirren but at the moment I think I'm beginning to feel that as well as a replacement manager there is a fair bit of work to be done on the squad as well.

In parts it was similar to Wednesday night, then St Johnstone were a piss poor team but we allowed them to beat us, today that was far from a good Rangers side, but a goal either side of half time killed the game stone dead.

The hard work to stay up begins in earnest at Tynecastle next week, and hopefully this will reflect in the way we approach the game versus St Mirren next Saturday.

Rangers are a funny side. Not convinced by them but they do knock it about well enough but at the same time have a few overrated players. That’s not sour grapes or me trying to say we were in the game, we were miles from winning today, miles. 

We lack big characters as much as players with decent ability for this level. No Hearts fan goes to the matches these days thinking they’re looking forward to seeing someone come into the team and it gets them excited, that it may help spark a performance. We severely lack those players.

When you look at Rangers they have a spine that dig in, give energy and spark to their team before you start looking around at their other players.  

Goldson, Jack and Morelos all have an energy and physical presence even before you look at what else they do. Those attributes don’t cost money, which people moan about them having.  

Promised myself not to watch, I did. First 5 mins thought we looked compact then nothing poorest I can remember in a long long time, Yes it will get better I hope in time but right now these players look down and out.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

Enjoy the game today?

Not sure why that should be acceptable just because Levein has finally been given his jotters.

No we were shit, it wasn't unexpected though. I just don't get the seethe when what we wanted was levein gone and he has gone. Is it a surprise to get beat 3-0 off rangers. Nope. Is it likely to get better before a new manager comes in. Nope.

Is it worth crying about how shit we are until we have a new manager. Nope.

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No we were shit, it wasn't unexpected though. I just don't get the seethe when what we wanted was levein gone and he has gone. Is it a surprise to get beat 3-0 off rangers. Nope. Is it likely to get better before a new manager comes in. Nope.

Is it worth crying about how shit we are until we have a new manager. Nope.

So just accept the defeatist attitude and terrible line-up? Not for me.

Levein's coaches must go but there's no way we should rush an appointment on the back of that. 

I'd still like us to take the time necessary to sift through the applicants and make sure, as much as is possible, that the big decision is a sound one. 

However, we do need to pick up points until then. I think Neil McCann could do us a wee turn in the short term. No idea if he'd be up for such a short term gig but there's no harm in asking and I feel he'd get us results that AM won't.

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

So just accept the defeatist attitude and terrible line-up? Not for me.

So what are you doing not to accept it ? Moaning about things that are in the process of getting fixed. Very good.

What line up would have been acceptable to you ?

Isn't it funny how all you self proclaimed footballing experts know more than the people who are actually paid to do the job yet no one is hiring you. Even the opposition manager is saying Hearts gave it the best they could but were simply outclassed.

Some of you need to google the Dunning Kruger effect.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So what are you doing not to accept it ? Moaning about things that are in the process of getting fixed. Very good.

How do you know it's being fixed? I'd suggest the removal of Craig Levein is just the start of what needs to be done.

I wouldn't have had Austin MacPhee in charge, I wouldn't have played Bozanic, Wighton or Clare, all of whom are evidently shit or have played terribly for months. 

If the purpose of this forum isn't to comment on today's match then what is it for?

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Isn't it funny how all you self proclaimed footballing experts know more than the people who are actually paid to do the job yet no one is hiring you. Even the opposition manager is saying Hearts gave it the best they could but were simply outclassed.

Some of you need to google the Dunning Kruger effect.

You can't expect him to say "yeah, Hearts are shit, it was a piece of piss for us today".

Also, giving their best is the least I expect.

Edited by Darren

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

How do you know it's being fixed? I'd suggest the removal of Craig Levein is just the start of what needs to be done.

I wouldn't have had Austin MacPhee in charge, I wouldn't have played Bozanic, Wighton or Clare, all of whom are evidently shit or have played terribly for months. 

If the purpose of this forum isn't to comment on today's match then what is it for?

Who would you have had in for boz, wighton ( who wasn't that bad today) or Clare. Irvine? Morrison ? Keena ? Nobody who is fit would have made a difference. Who would you put in temp charge ?

Just now, jambopilms said:

Who would you have had in for boz, wighton ( who wasn't that bad today) or Clare. Irvine? Morrison ? Keena ? Nobody who is fit would have made a difference. Who would you put in temp charge ?

Hearts don't have any players called Irvine. Wighton's one contribution was to put a header from five yards out miles wide. Clare has been mince for months.

If Ikpeazu, Naismith and Walker were all fit then they should have played.

I'd have had someone not involved with the first team squad as interim manager - so probably Andy Kirk on that basis.

If you think the dross served up today was in any way acceptable that's your prerogative. It's not good enough for me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Horrific situation for absolutely everyone today. 

5 days to prepare for a very important game 

Let’s face facts at least half a dozen of the players picked to start today would be nowhere near the first team if it was not for the horrendous number of injuries we have to our first picks. That said over the past couple of years we have managed put together some dreadful squad players who should be nowhere near this club. Time for that to be addressed pronto.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Hearts don't have any players called Irvine. Wighton's one contribution was to put a header from five yards out miles wide. Clare has been mince for months.

If Ikpeazu, Naismith and Walker were all fit then they should have played.

I'd have had someone not involved with the first team squad as interim manager - so probably Andy Kirk on that basis.

If you think the dross served up today was in any way acceptable that's your prerogative. It's not good enough for me

They weren't fit though, or they would have started, clearly. Not acceptable or surprising. 

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why are you convinced things are in the process of being fixed? Things have been desperately in need of fixing for at least a year.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

:lol:

Sorry, what's your point? The last three times of what? 

I’ll break it down for you 

me - explained how Austin got a job at hearts 

you - completely changed the subject to he didn’t know how to set up the team today implying that he shouldn’t have been given the chance

me - he got it right the last three times he has picked the team 

you- last three times of what 

me- this explanation 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

The effort today was not a patch in the effort Rangers put in!!! 

The closed us down quickly at every opportunity and their work rate was far better than ours all over the park. 

We are a team of unfit, injury prone idiots 

Nah, rangers just had  better players in every position. 

Nothing to do with work rate. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Reading his comments there’s one thing he’s right about, get the minds focused immediately on Saturday 3pm Tynecastle vs St Mirren. That is a bigger game for us than the game we lost today. We’ve got a week to prepare now, a win is desperately needed.

Lets hope Naismith and Walker back gives us a bit of a boost. Boy do we need to find some way of getting 3 points in that game. 

Wake up in the morning and forget today ever happened. It’s time to step forward and start the repairs. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No doubt about the fact that Rangers did have better players out there. It’s the complete lack of self belief in some of ours that gets me.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

So utterly transparent that his tactics were to keep it at 0-0 and bring on Ikpeazu, Naismith and Walker.

A terrible choice, not least because one injury can totally scupper those plans.

MacPhee is a total diddy, a Levein man and should be punted forthwith.

I had the misfortune of listening of listening to him on Sportsound before the game explaining why Wighton was starting instead of Uche. He was basically saying Uche only does it for half an hour in a game and Wighton does brilliant work off the ball.

Pretty much said that the plan was to keep it 0-0 and then bring on some firepower in the second half. 

Dire stuff!

2 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

I actually agree with MacPhee. Seriously what were people expecting ? Shite team = shite performance. Despite what some may think we don't have a great squad and we have some really poor players. White, Bozanic, Clare, Wighton, Maclean are really poor and should be nowhere near our first team, Hickey should not be playing right back, Irving isn't ready and Uche ain't great. We were always going to lose today and will probably lose a few more short term until a new coach can get 2 or 3 attacking players in. We are going to be saddled with Levein's legacy for a while. We just have to accept it and get on with it.

Indeed. Firstly, debating McPhee is a waste of everyone’s time. He’s never getting the job and will surely be out.

secondly, so many pundits keep telling us about the squad and “the tools are there” (as Michael Stewart keeps saying. It’s utter nonsense. 

We have a decent 13 players, that’s it and most of them are injured or not match fit. The rest of the squad is no where near good enough. 
we can debate whether a better coach can improve them but I don’t think so. 

Edited by hearts00

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why are you convinced things are in the process of being fixed? Things have been desperately in need of fixing for at least a year.

We sacked the person responsible on Thursday? Fairly obvious I would have thought. Just as obvious as us not being world beaters with a fit squad 3 days later.

15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Reading his comments there’s one thing he’s right about, get the minds focused immediately on Saturday 3pm Tynecastle vs St Mirren. That is a bigger game for us than the game we lost today. We’ve got a week to prepare now, a win is desperately needed.

Lets hope Naismith and Walker back gives us a bit of a boost. Boy do we need to find some way of getting 3 points in that game. 

Wake up in the morning and forget today ever happened. It’s time to step forward and start the repairs. 

who is going to play in defence?

Who is going to play in central midfield? 

Don’t feel confident about us winning any match. 

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But it did have something to.do with the way we set up to play the game

2 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

I actually agree with MacPhee. Seriously what were people expecting ? Shite team = shite performance. Despite what some may think we don't have a great squad and we have some really poor players. White, Bozanic, Clare, Wighton, Maclean are really poor and should be nowhere near our first team, Hickey should not be playing right back, Irving isn't ready and Uche ain't great. We were always going to lose today and will probably lose a few more short term until a new coach can get 2 or 3 attacking players in. We are going to be saddled with Levein's legacy for a while. We just have to accept it and get on with it.

I ****ing hate specky **** face it's going to take years to sort this out and I still think we are going down 

The team line up was odd.  Smacked of trying to hold onto 0-0 for an hour and then bring on Uche, Walker and Naismith.  However, that starting line up was neve going to tire Rangers’ defence, or anyone else’s, for that matter.

the formation was way too narrow for Hampden.  So much so that Tavernier could’ve reared a herd of cattle in all the space he was getting.

Effort?  MacLean runs about but there’s always an easy out  because no one is closing down Rangers’ options.  We do that a lot and it boils my piss.

we have a group of players who have no belief in themselves, and they aren’t going to get that from a guy who’s been there all along.  New manager needs to bring in his own coaching team.  We are dire and we are in trouble as things stand.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We sacked the person responsible on Thursday? Fairly obvious I would have thought. Just as obvious as us not being world beaters with a fit squad 3 days later.

If you assume Mcphee has no responsibility for where we are. I do not.

35 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They weren't fit though, or they would have started, clearly. Not acceptable or surprising. 

Ikpeazu lasted 55 minutes or so absolutely fine. Why not start him then take him off if he tires?

He had a decent game at Tynecastle, why not give them something to think about from the start? Why give Rangers the impetus by starting with Maclean and Wighton?

31 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I’ll break it down for you 

me - explained how Austin got a job at hearts 

you - completely changed the subject to he didn’t know how to set up the team today implying that he shouldn’t have been given the chance

me - he got it right the last three times he has picked the team 

you- last three times of what 

me- this explanation 

I steered my comment in the direction of today's game. I think when we're discussing the merits of MacPhee's coaching that's not a huge step in a different direction.

You then referred to three times when he's apparently picked the right team. I must have missed his successful spell in charge of Hearts.

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

And in charge today was someone who was  absolutely complicit in everything we have suffered  in  the last few years.

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No Hearts player gets in this Rangers team so to say this is not s good Rangers team is a load of bollox pj.

Yet the two or three times we actually tried to attack them we might have scored

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

That comment enough should get him emptied. 

Dont think one player out there today gave it their all. Bunch of absolute imposters. 

Berra did, amongst a few