McPhee, you can get your coat too pal

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The rat catcher
26 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

worse team selection than Levein, not got a ****ing clue. Don't want him anywhere near the club. Get rid of the others too right away. Budge will be the last to go for obvious reasons but looking forward to a fresh start. Stendel should stabilise things

This.

1 up front at home against Livi - Disgrace

Mulraney and Clare starting? I paid money to see that happen!  And Meshino fit but not playing ahead of those 2???

Naismith off and MacLean on before Uche. WTF?

Edited by The rat catcher

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• vegas-voss

• McCrae

• Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

36 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Well Austin, managers might not be judged in games at Ibrox but they certainly are at home to Livi and here's my verdict...

You're ****ing useless.

Goodbye.

Ditto!👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

16 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Him and the 2 stooges next to him in the dug out need emptied tonight.

Get Locke, Naysmith and Kirk to take the team until Stendel saga concluded.

Fully agree , he’s tried but he’s no good , his assistants are no help , give the 3 you name the job for the next game if the Stendel saga is still ongoing 

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“I’ll be judged on Wednesday and it’s must win.”

I’ll be honest, I judged you as a useless prick ages ago and this just adds to that reputation. 

Well said. Was boasting about his managerial record at Hearts when shoehorned in but now it’s all excuses. He’s useless. 

We need a massive clearout.

Mcphee, Daly, Fox, John Murray to start with.

And a new playing squad of players that are men, that have passion for the game that pays their mortgages, have a desire to win and hurt when they lose, and that would fight for the team.

Club is full of imposters.

22 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Showing he’s a coach & not a manager just like his previous sidekick H potter

McPhee isn’t a good manager or coach. Ann Budge actually interviewed this joker so just imagine if he’d of got the job. Levein had Ann Budge believing in the Boot Room conveyor system with McPhee, Daly & Fox to be promoted when some left Hearts.

What a mess this 5 year plan for our team has produced.  it’s criminal that these wannabes have turned Hearts into and as usual the mess has to be cleaned up which could take more years of heartache for our loyal support.

His bullsh1t stats should have him out the door on their own 

"We haven't beaten Rangers at Hampden since 1889" - conveniently ignoring the cup final at Celtic park

"We haven't won at Ibrox since 2012 in the top tier" - conveniently ignoring the championship season. 

The man is a bullsh1tter, a poor Paris Hilton impersonator, and nothing more. 

He’s utter garbage and I Hope last night is the last I see or hear of him. His rambling interviews post matches are insulting to supporters and if anything show why the players have got comfortable with Their below mediocre shifts. Shambles is too nice a word.

leave soon and take the architect of this shitstorm CL with you. 

42 minutes ago, jamboj said:

His bullsh1t stats should have him out the door on their own 

"We haven't beaten Rangers at Hampden since 1889" - conveniently ignoring the cup final at Celtic park

"We haven't won at Ibrox since 2012 in the top tier" - conveniently ignoring the championship season. 

The man is a bullsh1tter, a poor Paris Hilton impersonator, and nothing more. 

sportsound are being careful about what they say but have him down as a stats man. The Hampden quote was daft considering our greatest achievement in my lifetime was hearts bearing in the Scottish cup final in Glasgow. Doesn’t matter what stadium 

On 04/12/2019 at 21:44, Cruyff Turn said:

The guys out of his depth and needs to leave. He’s been the common denominator throughout the last 3 shambolic years. 

👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 hours ago, Newton51 said:

sportsound are being careful about what they say but have him down as a stats man. The Hampden quote was daft considering our greatest achievement in my lifetime was hearts bearing in the Scottish cup final in Glasgow. Doesn’t matter what stadium 

Sportsound went over the top but they bang on in calling him out as a joke.

On 05/12/2019 at 11:41, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Showing he’s a coach & not a manager just like his previous sidekick H potter

Harry Potter?

From a Hearts fan?

I'm not a fan of Macphee for manager, but also find it funny that hibees are slagging him. Is his win rate as caretaker not the same as Ross' as manager, with Austin having much tougher fixtures and doubke the games?

Must be great being a hibs fan!

I’m really starting to think it was McPhee that was the problem, not just Levein. 

What we know:

McPhee is a constant in the last three years

McPhee was taking training when Levein was manager

McPhee has failed to improve us - even in the slightest- when he has had sole responsibility 

You’d think a young coach like him would have the players well coached. Nice attacking movements. Making intelligent runs. Players looking for the ball. Nope. None of that

Funny how some of our best performance (derbies, Cup final, Aberdeen) have been high stake. Maybe Levein had more say in those games, actually getting his ideas across more clearly throughout the week. 

I sincerely hope McPhee is gone. Thanks for Smith and Laff. Thanks for Meshino, I guess - not that you even play him!!!! 

Edited by R1874

On 05/12/2019 at 12:07, Newton51 said:

The fact he is even dedicating time - given the work that needs done on the training ground - to scratching around for weasel-words like those statistics tells you all you need to know

11 minutes ago, R1874 said:

I’m really starting to think it was McPhee that was the problem, not just Levein. 

What we know:

McPhee is a constant in the last three years

McPhee was taking training when Levein was manager

McPhee has failed to improve us - even in the slightest- when he has had sole responsibility 

You’d think a young coach like him would have the players well coached. Nice attacking movements. Making intelligent runs. Players looking for the ball. Nope. None of that

Funny how some of our best performance (derbies, Cup final, Aberdeen) have been high stake. Maybe Levein had more say in those games, actually getting his ideas across more clearly throughout the week. 

I sincerely hope McPhee is gone. Thanks for Smith and Laff. Thanks for Meshino, I guess - not that you even play him!!!! 

I've been saying the same thing for a while, it was rumoured that levein only attended a couple of training sessions per week due to other academy/background commitments, meaning that macphee and the rest of the clowns were left to do most of the coaching. 

I'd say we've actually regressed slightly more with macphee as number 1.

Yet people here still want him to get the sporting directors job?? I don't get it.

And before anyone pipes up with 'yeah but you do realise a sporting director doesn't coach' - that still doesn't excuse or explain the horrendous run of form we have had with him being heavily involved in organising this bunch of losers we have on the pitch, thus undeserving of a promotion imo. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Our new Sporting Director 

You can 100 per cent see Ann deciding that this shambles in no ways discounts McPhee from a prime job.

You can also see members of JKB backing her on that.

It’s so depressing. Please get Stendel in.

SpruceBringsteen

Treats us like a science experiment, looks like a science experiment.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Has anyone got the stats that Mcphee loves .

games played 

games won / lost / drawn 

goals for / against 

win ratio 

thanks in advance 

Very much an integral part of the shambolic boot room that has presided over 3 seasons of awful football. I was briefly persuaded that he may be worth trying following the St Mirren game, but he needs to go ASAP.

This guy is absolutely miles out of his depth as either a head coach or a sporting director.  It is staggering whats going on at Hearts.  All of the football dept have been appointed by Levein who clearly has no place in modern football. Makes you wonder about all of the football decisions made.  

1. Which coaches deserve to stay on in a new structure since many either played for or have been appointed by Levein?

2. Are the training loads and regimens correct given how physically vulnerable we seem to be?

3. Is the over emhpasis on box the correct course of action or another Levein stab in the dark?  How many other teams use it? I certainly feel my kids have benefited from it but are the players in the Academy who are at another level benefitting?  I do hear the younger Academy teams are very good so perhaps the benefits will be there in future years.

4. Why is the team so inbalanced? Do we have the players to implement a gegenpressing style? 

5. Have we let players that may be useful in that style of play go such as Edwards prematurely? 

On 04/12/2019 at 21:44, Cruyff Turn said:

The guys out of his depth and needs to leave. He’s been the common denominator throughout the last 3 shambolic years. 

Amazing how many people don’t recognise this. I think this guy is as guilty if not more than Levein. He is a fraud bigtime 

On 01/12/2019 at 20:20, stirlo said:

For all the criticism that's been aimed at Levein, I can't help feeling that one of his main mistakes over the last couple of years has been putting his faith in others - not least McPhee. He clearly talks a very good game and you get the impression that Ann Budge and Levein think the guy is some sort of genius (as they did with Cathro). Performances like today would suggest otherwise. 

Well said I think your bang on the money here 👍

Just now, weehammy said:

Ah those halcyon days of only a couple of weeks ago when people were defending him in here because the sainted Michael O’Neil backed him.

Not many I don’t think 

Another terrible footballing decision making him interim manager. Should have been Naysmith and Locke or even Andy Kirk in charge. The last few games have been a continuation from Levein.

I simply can't wait till he's long gone.  I won't throw my toys out the cot if he's made-SD but it will be gigantic error which will put even more pressure on AB.

Surely she wouldn't do that.

If Stendel comes to Edinburgh on Sunday and MacPhee packs his hairbrush  I'll be delighted.

You know what I was very critical of Austin McPhee before, but listening to him on the radio tonight it made me rethink things about the guy.  Basically Levein has disappeared into the darkness and been let off the hook, while Austin has stepped forward and is now dealing with the utter dogshit squad that's been assembled, all the while he's trying to motivate them at the same time not even knowing if he still has a role to play long term. 

The blame should not be put on him, it sits firmly with these imposters on the field. 

Edited by VALDOS'

19 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

You know what I was very critical of Austin McPhee before, but listening to him on the radio tonight it made me rethink things about the guy.  Basically Levein has disappeared into the darkness and been let off the hook, while Austin has stepped forward and is now dealing with the utter dogshit squad that's been assembled, all the while he's trying to motivate them at the same time not even knowing if he still has a role to play long term. 

The blame should not be put on him, it sits firmly with these imposters on the field. 

Just remind us  , how long this guy has been at Tynecastle?  And he did play a large part in the Levein shitfest ?  But no blame attached to him ?

Allowayjambo1874
42 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Do a google search to see if he talked about getting the gig permanently, or think about what part he played in assembling this dogshit squad.  then ask yourself if AB put a gun to his head and told him to do manager job tfn.

Please don’t rewrite history, this guys been part of the problem and is now so far out his depth it’s frightening.

Hope the door doesn’t hit his arse on the way out.

1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

No way is he getting off he is the biggest culprit in my book. He has sat there with Cathro and Levein and he is the one that is apparently a master tactician 

The guy is a fool and needs booted out the club pronto 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He needs to go. We need new ideas from top to bottom - scouting, transfers, tactics, youth development, coaching, the lot. Pretty much any philosophy that has been at the club for the last three years needs binned. Complete fresh start. 

McPhee can certainly talk well and he is smart.He seems adept at worming his way into organisations and has somehow become a survivor at Hearts although assosiated with failure.I dont trust him and I would show him the door.

6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

McPhee can certainly talk well and he is smart.He seems adept at worming his way into organisations and has somehow become a survivor at Hearts although assosiated with failure.I dont trust him and I would show him the door.

It's a strange one with the Northern Ireland situation because Michael O'Neil clearly rates him.