*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Gary ****ing Locke deary me no thanks.

Fine, the bar man from the gorgie suite then - would do a better job than mcphee

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JFK-1 said:

There simply has to be some realism. People blamed Levein for not doing better against sides Hearts have a budget advantage over. But then the same people don't see that it's going to be an almighty uneven struggle against a side who dwarf that budget advantage.

Just have a go isn't a strategy. Hearts have been sitting deep trying to break up play and stay on level terms because there is no alternative given the gulf in class.

This isn't about managers or strategies it's about players and they have the better players all over the pitch.

That's exactly why they are where they are in the league and in Europe not because they 'have a go' 

It's still not beyond recovery.

Injuries have hurt us as well. 

The "have a go" crowd are ridiculous. 

However, we have been beyond bad. 

We haven’t laid a glove on them. 

Starting Uche on the bench in favour of Maclean or Wighton is nonesense. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Absolutely dire...after watching that, I fully believe the other poster that noted McPhee has had a large part to play with respect to our tactics historically.

Literally nothing whatsoever in the final third...Wighton and McLean complete wastes of a jersey.

Mcphee should be nowhere near the Managers position when a decision is made, we need a mass clear out of the Coaching and Fitness Staff.

How did those 2 get contracts at our club? Add Clare, Vanacek and Edwards. What a joke.

Surely they are complicit in those signings! 

Door pse.

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Did you miss Uche's dig from edge of the box?!

Not the point as we have been piss poor and no attacking threat, must change.

Aye I did away for a piss ☹️

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be honest i would only bring either of them on if we get back to 1-1 and have a chance to win. 

Get what you mean, but I don't see the creativity on park to get to 1-1 without one of them.

Meshino has been missing apart from one turn...must show more.

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

🤦‍♂️

I’m all for getting behind them and I felt optimistic. But to turn up with that team and for our players to show the basics of football is shocking. Can’t even clear a ball ten yards to safety. The basics are not being addressed in games, I.e. pass to your team mate, defend, keep the line, Mark your player and stick with him. It’s embarrassing. I wanted wighton to kick on, I wanted him to do well, but he’s a sh**ebag

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, heartyhub said:

Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but anyone got a decent stream for the 2nd half

It might be on you tube.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes there was. I mean it is bad enough without exaggerating. As Craig would have said one shot on target in 45 mins against Rangers is progress over one in 90 minutes against St J

In the pisser. 

Missed it 😕

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I didn’t think Rangers looked like scoring? We dealt with everything easily, but someone has switched off. Only a goal down. You never know, their defence is woeful, so we need to make sure we make any chances count.

Eh!

You watching the same game as me.

Austin is playing “rope a dope”

We will come out all guns blazing in the second half!!!!

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We did at the end, half chance for Uche. 

Typical me. 

One shot and I go for a slash 😀

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We really are a ****ing terrible football team 

Yes we are.  It's Levein's legacy.

We need a massive clear out.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Austin is playing “rope a dope”

We will come out all guns blazing in the second half!!!!

:laugh2: I feckin hope so. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, allyby said:

I honestly fear for us in the second half, reckon Rankers will score another four at least.

Could happen. 

The timing of their second goal will decide if we have a chance or get routed. 

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There simply has to be some realism. People blamed Levein for not doing better against sides Hearts have a budget advantage over. But then the same people don't see that it's going to be an almighty uneven struggle against a side who dwarf that budget advantage.

Just have a go isn't a strategy. Hearts have been sitting deep trying to break up play and stay on level terms because there is no alternative given the gulf in class.

This isn't about managers or strategies it's about players and they have the better players all over the pitch.

That's exactly why they are where they are in the league and in Europe not because they 'have a go' 

It's still not beyond recovery.

Reported for talking sense.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye I did away for a piss ☹️

Fair reply 😂

That starting line up was an utter joke. To have Wighton and McLean start together when Uche is available, shocking. Fair enough, one or the other but both? As for Bozanic….you just knew that every time he got the ball it was going backwards. Has Clare actually contributed anything? I wish they would stop using Hickey as a right-back as he's getting caught out very regularly there these last few games. Commentary also said that McPhee has a 10 day window to push for the job fulltime. Get him out the door along with Daly and Fox for everyone's sake. Does Ann not fancy her judgement in appointing a new team and taking the easy option? If he gets the job they would've as well keeping Levein on. McPhee is part of the coaching problem along with the others. If he and them stay on it'll be same old, same old negative football.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, jockmac said:

I’m honestly embarrassed we played Maclean. 

You would be better off playing any half decent forward from the junior leagues.

Im deadly serious.

Apparently anyone not a proven striker in Prem is not worth the risk 😀

2 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but anyone got a decent stream for the 2nd half

Hesgoal 

Has been breaking up but seems to have settled down :thumbsup:

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Sure there was a referees whistle blown as the cross came in for the goal.

Our players just stood there expecting offside.

Anyone able to replay the goal and confirm?

I thought I heard a whistle, then on the replay I'm sure I heard a whistle, but they should still be making the run with the player until confirmed

The only thing is now we need to come out and have a go. Push up from the back

The Orcs are getting too much space in the last third to run at us. We need to shut the space down and push up from the back. It’s risky but we can’t keep sitting back like this. It’s just inviting pressure 

Hopefully we change this coming back out. Got to go for it 

Cmon the Jambos. We’re still in the game. It’s no like it’s beyond us. We are making them look good to a degree.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He offers nothing but running. 

He is utterly clueless. Absolute headless chicken. A disgrace to the shirt and I don't use that term very often 

Not just a new manager we're needing, it's a completely new squad of players, even Berra, bin the lot apart from Hickey and Naisy. 

Captain Canada

MacLean should never play for us again. He's a liability and offers nothing at all. 

Aidy White is having an awful game and can't even do the basics like tracking his man. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Spellczech said:

Calling for a manager's head after half a match - that is soooooo Hearts! Haha

He’s been here since Cathro and does not deserve even the caretaker role as an audition for manager - should be gone with Levein. 

First half a clear indication to the Board that the rot was not confined to Levein.  MacPhee, Daly and Fox- Cowdenbeath's worst ever manager - all should be sacked 

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Get the remaining coaches and physios all cleared out, every last member of the Levein first team backroom cleared out - starting with McPhee first thing Monday morning, hand over the caretaker reigns to Gary Locke. 

Seriously? 😀

2 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Not just a new manager we're needing, it's a completely new squad of players, even Berra, bin the lot apart from Hickey and Naisy

And Smith?