Ann Budge poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• i8hibsh

• kingantti1874

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

He has not been selected for games prior to his injury! To me, awarding a 4 year contract to someone of his age

suggests that the manger thinks he will be a 'starter'. 

Words fail me

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually look forward to having a shirt sponsor again.

Geoff , don’t we have a shirt sponsor and with it one thats brought in more money than any “actual” shirt sponsor we have previously had? Is this another JKB myth that we do it for free? 

There's no reason why the changes can't start to happen now.

Levein and MacPhee sacked.  Director of Football job abolished.  All Directors resign.  Fresh new independent non-executive Board.  Chief Executive appointed.  New football management appointed.  

Chief Executive reports to the Board who represent all shareholders including Ann Budge, FoH and the small shareholders.

Top story on Hearts main web page today is celebrating that the ladies team is still top of the league. That is the main story in our world right now. **** if I could vote 10 times to get rid of Budge I would.

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

Levein and MacPhee sacked.  Director of Football job abolished.  All Directors resign.  Fresh new independent non-executive Board.  Chief Executive appointed.  New football management appointed.  

Chief Executive reports to the Board who represent all shareholders including Ann Budge, FoH and the small shareholders.

Sadly that would cost a fortune. For every pound AB raises off the field we spunk it against the wall onfield. We are a shambles.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Top story on Hearts main web page today is celebrating that the ladies team is still top of the league. That is the main story in our world right now. **** if I could vote 10 times to get rid of Budge I would.

Do not go out side.  They are only innocent passers by...  sorry i8.  

Edited by FruitJuice

3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

I wonder what she would do if CL were to knock on her door this morning and tell her it was time for him to leave?

Would she refuse or accept?

My personal opinion/suspicion would be that she would be relieved, and accept.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

To the point of spewing bile?  

Budge can, rightly, be criticised for her inaction over a manager who is in decline, but using that situation to reference other stuff is a bit off, in my book.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Not only off but actually detracts from the real issue. Which is getting rid of CL. 

Absolutely spot on. Both of you.

Won't be sad to see back of Levein now in any capacity.

Careful what you wish for when AB leaves.

Edited by DETTY29

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Won't be sad to see back of Levein now in any capacity.

Correct, although Budge is not doing herself any favours and I’ve lost faith in her as someone who can oversee a successful football team.

Levein is merely head coach. Head coaches get sacked all the time. The commitment to him is baffling.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

To the point of spewing bile?  

Budge can, rightly, be criticised for her inaction over a manager who is in decline, but using that situation to reference other stuff is a bit off, in my book.

I certainly do not condone some of the shit from alleged Hearts fans, however the frustration in our support is reaching boiling point.

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Indeed. I can picture exactly the sort of people who will be jostling for position regarding such a vacancy. I’m already dreading the day she moves on, and these guys start manoeuvring their snouts towards the trough.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I certainly do not condone some of the shit from alleged Hearts fans, however the frustration in our support is reaching boiling point.

I don't disagree that frustration is high but that doesn't excuse "some of the shit".  No ifs, buts or howevers.

Perhaps this is why apathy sets in?  People are unhappy/frustrated' by the original source of those feelings (CL's terrible run of results) and it does not appear to be being addressed by the Board (Budge).

Outwith that issue, life goes on, but those with agendas against Budge are using the former to propagate said agenda and so conflate the issue.  So when those (rightly,imo) who are frustrated by the original source see fringe elements using this unrest to advance their (again imo) nonsense, it obscures the original source and I think some folk just go, "Meh".

Womens teams, bars, hospitality etc are not the reasons we can't win football matches!  

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Coco said:

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Agree 100% with both these posters thoughts. And I'd say 90% of my fellow Hearts supporting mates also feel the same. None of them post on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Words fail me

Geoff , don’t we have a shirt sponsor and with it one thats brought in more money than any “actual” shirt sponsor we have previously had? Is this another JKB myth that we do it for free? 

I was being flippant to make a point. Worrying about benefactors if Ann Budge simply became a shareholder is pretty moot given that the shirt sponsorship would again be available, mitigating any risk.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I don't disagree that frustration is high but that doesn't excuse "some of the shit".  No ifs, buts or howevers.

Perhaps this is why apathy sets in?  People are unhappy/frustrated' by the original source of those feelings (CL's terrible run of results) and it does not appear to be being addressed by the Board (Budge).

Outwith that issue, life goes on, but those with agendas against Budge are using the former to propagate said agenda and so conflate the issue.  So when those (rightly,imo) who are frustrated by the original source see fringe elements using this unrest to advance their (again imo) nonsense, it obscures the original source and I think some folk just go, "Meh".

Womens teams, bars, hospitality etc are not the reasons we can't win football matches!  

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agree 100% with both these posters thoughts. And I'd say 90% of my fellow Hearts supporting mates also feel the same. None of them post on here.

All not genuine Hearts fans.  Probably drink in Bensons.  Yours, mine and their opinion counts for shit.

Edited by i8hibsh

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. I can picture exactly the sort of people who will be jostling for position regarding such a vacancy. I’m already dreading the day she moves on, and these guys start manoeuvring their snouts towards the trough.

What guys are you referring to??

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What guys are you referring to??

Two question marks? Does that mean you REALLY want to know the answer?

Even Robbo gets it for those who deem to listen....

Former Hearts manager John Robertson believes current boss Craig Levein will turn their fortunes around - once he gets key players back from injury.

Levein is under pressure with Hearts sitting one point above bottom place in the Scottish Premiership after Saturday's 0-0 draw with Livingston.

But the Edinburgh side are missing at least seven first-team regulars.

"I'm sure once Craig gets them back and into the team, they'll start to pick up points," Robertson told BBC Scotland.

"Their confidence seems a bit low, but they are missing an entire team of established first-choice players."

Former Hearts striker Robertson, now managing Championship side Inverness Caledonian Thistle, suggested the return of Scotland forward Steven Naismith, centre-backs Craig Halkett and John Souttar, winger Jamie Walker and midfielder Peter Haring would ensure the Tynecastle outfit would "be a force again".

"It's not an easy situation and sometimes people looking in think it's an excuse, but when you've got that amount of quality on the sidelines, it's difficult to replace at times," said Robertson, who was speaking after being inducted into the Scottish football hall of fame.

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I was being flippant to make a point. Worrying about benefactors if Ann Budge simply became a shareholder is pretty moot given that the shirt sponsorship would again be available, mitigating any risk.

👍🏻

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Former Hearts manager John Robertson believes current boss Craig Levein will turn their fortunes around - once he gets key players back from injury.

Levein is under pressure with Hearts sitting one point above bottom place in the Scottish Premiership after Saturday's 0-0 draw with Livingston.

"I'm sure once Craig gets them back and into the team, they'll start to pick up points," Robertson told BBC Scotland.

"Their confidence seems a bit low, but they are missing an entire team of established first-choice players."

Former Hearts striker Robertson, now managing Championship side Inverness Caledonian Thistle, suggested the return of Scotland forward Steven Naismith, centre-backs Craig Halkett and John Souttar, winger Jamie Walker and midfielder Peter Haring would ensure the Tynecastle outfit would "be a force again".

"It's not an easy situation and sometimes people looking in think it's an excuse, but when you've got that amount of quality on the sidelines, it's difficult to replace at times," said Robertson, who was speaking after being inducted into the Scottish football hall of fame.

When Robbo speaks, I tend to listen to his opinion. He is a man who would put Hearts before loyalty to Levein imo. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Robbo sticking up for his mate shocker.

If Robbo was in charge and he had 1 win in 17, he knows he would get the arse. Injuries don't help, granted, but that statistic has nothing to do with injuries and everything to do with all round shiteness.

Back on topic: This is about Ann Budge and a future role for her. Robbo said nothing about that.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Robbo sticking up for his mate shocker.

If Robbo was in charge and he had 1 win in 17, he knows he would get the arse. Injuries don't help, granted, but that statistic has nothing to do with injuries and everything to do with all round shiteness.

Back on topic: This is about Ann Budge and a future role for her. Robbo said nothing about that.

Sorry Geoff but many on here are simply voting for Ann to leave on one issue the manager so it is relevant to the thread

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What was he meant to say? That Levein should be sacked and we are hopeless?

No danger was he ever going to actually tell the truth. 

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Every manager in the country will publicly say the same thing.Its the way football works.Can you imagine Robbo telling the BBC that Levein should be out on his a**e or that he himself would be out on his if he had Leveins run of results.

35 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Aw **** never mind 😴

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

should we be getting better results with the teams we have been able to put out? Case closed ! 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You’re on the fence - what a cop out!

As for your “toe rags” and “absolute dregs” comment there are very many decent Hearts fans who have now lost faith in Budge due to her blind acceptance of the crap being served up by Levein!

The difference being that the decent ones who disagree do it in an acceptable manner.

12 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Every manager in the country will publicly say the same thing.Its the way football works.Can you imagine Robbo telling the BBC that Levein should be out on his a**e or that he himself would be out on his if he had Leveins run of results.

Robbo and Craig have been good mates for well over 30 years, he’s hardly going to say Craig should get punted. 

Robbo is right, we’re missing key players and when they come back we will pick up points. 

But it’s not just about this season unfortunately and it’s too little too late for Craig now.

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Robbo and Craig have been good mates for well over 30 years, he’s hardly going to say Craig should get punted. 

Robbo is right, we’re missing key players and when they come back we will pick up points. 

But it’s not just about this season unfortunately and it’s too little too late for Craig now.

But we were missing key players last season as well.

Our injury crisis is becoming a convenient safety blanket for Levein and that woman.

Edited by i8hibsh

kingantti1874

Just wanted to leave this here For those solely blaming injuries and defending our incompetent coaching staff.

This is the hearts team that frankly got battered by Ross County at tynecastle and survived via a penalty miss.. 

We could go through countless games over the last year where we have struggled yet the team on the pitch “should” have been strong enough to perform better and secure better results..

since this game we have signed Whelan and Meshino who have regularly been available and would stroll into any team in this league outside Glasgow.

8A3F3942-2CB7-4C82-AEA1-794722FB07AD.jpeg

Edited by kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just wanted to leave this here For those solely blaming injuries and defending our incompetent coaching staff.

This is the hearts team that frankly got battered by Ross County at tynecastle and survived via a penalty miss.. 

We could go through countless games over the last year where we have struggled yet the team on the pitch “should” have been strong enough to perform better and secure a better result

8A3F3942-2CB7-4C82-AEA1-794722FB07AD.jpeg

That is an inconvenient truth for our management team.

31 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Maybe Robbo's right, maybe not.  There is a lot of uncertainty about when those players will return and what their condition will be.

But Robbo seems to overlook the fact that we finished 6th last year, and we finished 6th the year before, both times outside the Club's stated objective of top four.  CL could have been legitimately fired at the end of either of those seasons.

As you rightly point out, it's not just about this season.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

All not genuine Hearts fans.  Probably drink in Bensons.  Yours, mine and their opinion counts for shit.

Mr Terraces' acquaintances have higher standards, i8.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Mr Terraces' acquaintances have higher standards, i8.

You  mean there is a higher standard than Bensons? where is this such place?

Governor Tarkin
Just now, i8hibsh said:

You  mean there is a higher standard than Bensons? where is this such place?

Not telling.

Can't have riff-raff like yourself pitching up with your unsavoury world-views. :2thumbsup:

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Not telling.

Can't have riff-raff like yourself pitching up with your unsavoury world-views. :2thumbsup:

Quite.

22 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

The difference being that the decent ones who disagree do it in an acceptable manner.

:spoton:

22 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good mates or not managers rarely criticise other managers.

I am not sure about picking up of points to the extent of getting us into the top 6.Only the return of Naismith would make me feel more confident that we will.

It seems to me that there is a malaise running right through the football department and change is badly needed from the top down.

As you say its too late for Levein now.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How much do you think shirt sponsorship is worth ?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

But we were missing key players last season as well.

If he had managed 4th last season with the Cup runs and we found ourselves in the same position that we are in this season, then fair enough, this injury crisis could have be overlooked.

But it has happened twice. Whether that is down to bad luck or not is irrelevant. He should have been more prepared for that eventuality this season.

We should have signed another good striker, a winger and a right back. We needed to have that depth.

We’ve been caught short again and now we’re having to fall back on a piss poor bench and guys that are simply not good enough to play for Hearts. 

It’s 4 seasons of garbage, 3 under Craig as manager. It was his terrible judgement call to bring in Cathro and then not sack & replace him before the start of the 2017/18 season. Now it’s Ann Budges judgement that is under scrutiny as we fail to meet expectations for the 4th season running as we are now establishing ourselves as a mid table/bottom 6 club.

There is no excuse for this mess. This is down to pisspoor planning & management of the first team and board incompetence. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Maybe Robbo's right, maybe not.  There is a lot of uncertainty about when those players will return and what their condition will be.

But Robbo seems to overlook the fact that we finished 6th last year, and we finished 6th the year before, both times outside the Club's stated objective of top four.  CL could have been legitimately fired at the end of either of those seasons.

As you rightly point out, it's not just about this season.

46 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Good mates or not managers rarely criticise other managers.

I am not sure about picking up of points to the extent of getting us into the top 6.Only the return of Naismith would make me feel more confident that we will.

It seems to me that there is a malaise running right through the football department and change is badly needed from the top down.

As you say its too late for Levein now.

Indeed chaps, I entirely agree.

1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Exactly,they support each other.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah mate - absolute thickhead scum of the earth who all support hibs. Off the top of my head... The one who is a Doctor & works in cancer research is just lying about it, as is the other hobo barsteward who runs his own successful IT Consultants... I genuinely could go on. 

I guess we're all 'mouthbreathers' or whatever 'utterly hilarious' in joke reference is flavour of the week with the (obviously true PHM due to the fact they post daily on Kickback) guys on here.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Folk using robbos quotes as some sort of justification for their defense of levein is tragic :lol:. Just shows how much they've lost the plot, what do you expect Robbo to say?