Ann Budge poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?

• Yes
    • No

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Now a Yes for me. Her stubbornness to continually back craig who has a worse record than Cathro says everything. Continually says the mans not bulletproof but he clearly is. The worst form in our History and the manager remains in charge. That's not good business. Her judgement has been turned by some sort of loyalty to a man who has failed as manager. Its simply not good enough

are you sure it's loyalty to levein which is the problem 

she backed herself firmly into a corner ages ago and to bin levein now would be an admission that she got it wrong - think that might be playing a big part too

even worse would mean some of our hysterical supporters called it right even some of the blue collar ones 🙉

im probably the last levein supporter standing but he's been on borrowed time for ages and should have gone - has to win the semi-final or else sacked - a great performance in defeat = sacked

we no longer have "the luxury of time"

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• i8hibsh

• kingantti1874

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I voted no for the simplest of reasons

without Ann Budge I would have no where to send my FOH pledge,

I would have no football club to follow,

and where would kickback be? This poll and forum would also be history.

she may not get everything right, but when I take my seat in the new stand I give thanks to Ann Budge.

Wallace Mercer saved Hearts in 1981.

Vladimir Romanov saved Hearts in 2004.

Everyone has a shelf life.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And Budge is the one owner that has made a very tidy profit out of the club with next to zero risk.  I appreciate what she has done but it's time to move on now. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

the hearts fans who bought vlads fake shares saved hearts - source bryan jackson

that event also played a big part in convincing queen Ann that the hearts fans would muck in financially as she was never going to "bankroll" our survival - source queen ann

Ann Budge is head of the family.

Craig is wanted by Ann as a family pet who is loved.

After 5 years Craig is getting worse by the month.

Friends and family tell Ann to get rid of Craig before something bad happens.

Ann ignores all the advice as she loves Craig so much.

One day Craig attacks  Ann’s son and the police are called and take Craig away to be put down.

Ann realises she was wrong about Craig but it’s too late everybody turns against old Ann.

Edited by mitch41

Mid Calder Jambo
6 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

And Budge is the one owner that has made a very tidy profit out of the club with next to zero risk.  I appreciate what she has done but it's time to move on now. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you here.  I now see  AB as looking at WIIFM.. Whats in it for me.  She is acting the way she is purely for whats in it for her not for the good of HMFC.  Sad really for what she has done in the past but the damage is now done and really it is damage limitation in ousting her and CL.

Yes from me, we need a management change as well as a coaching change and that's including Levein and all his staff as well.

Edited by allyby

47 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When Ann Budge was asked if Levein was Fireproof she said he wasn’t !

I believe she misled the fans for her misguided belief in a man who has proved he 

and his Boot Room pals are useless and completely out of their depth.

Her contempt for our support is shameful.

Not sure how she’s misled the fans. You can criticise her decision to stand by Craig but I don’t see where she’s misled anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you here.  I now see  AB as looking at WIIFM.. Whats in it for me.  She is acting the way she is purely for whats in it for her not for the good of HMFC.  Sad really for what she has done in the past but the damage is now done and really it is damage limitation in ousting her and CL.

What’s in it fir her was agreed 5 or so years ago. Her leaving or staying doesn’t change that. 

I think it would be a good time for a change...perhaps she could become an Honorary Chairperson?
She deserves huge respect for what she has done, but we need a leader who has the skills and knowledge to improve the football side of the club.

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think it would be a good time for a change...perhaps she could become an Honorary Chairperson?
She deserves huge respect for what she has done, but we need a leader who has the skills and knowledge to improve the football side of the club.

Sometimes organisations do just need to freshen things up at the top but I think that  decision should be made early next year. 

Mid Calder Jambo
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What’s in it fir her was agreed 5 or so years ago. Her leaving or staying doesn’t change that. 

I see what youare saying Dave but at this point it is much more fundamental.  She may have a 5 year agreement in place but why is she holding on.  She could choose to go now at a reduced premium on her investment or she could carry on and create more damage that will take much longer to repair.  What is in it for her staying on just now?  Does she think that as the perceived saviour of the club we all owe her a debt of gratitude that regardless of her actions she can carry on regardless.  I don;t know as i do not know her. What I see at the moment is someone stubbornly ruining a business and her own legacy in to the bargain.

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I see what youare saying Dave but at this point it is much more fundamental.  She may have a 5 year agreement in place but why is she holding on.  She could choose to go now at a reduced premium on her investment or she could carry on and create more damage that will take much longer to repair.  What is in it for her staying on just now?  Does she think that as the perceived saviour of the club we all owe her a debt of gratitude that regardless of her actions she can carry on regardless.  I don;t know as i do not know her. What I see at the moment is someone stubbornly ruining a business and her own legacy in to the bargain.

If she left now she would stiil get the same return in her loan as she would if she stayed. Clearly wants to see out her time but unconvinced she will hang about much longer than the end of the season. 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If she left now she would stiil get the same return in her loan as she would if she stayed. Clearly wants to see out her time but unconvinced she will hang about much longer than the end of the season. 

I think even she appreciates that it would be folly to stay beyond the transfer of shares.  Will always be eternally grateful for what she has done but her shelf has now been well and truly reached.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There is sentiment on here that Ann Budge is being tarnished and indecisive over her handling of Craig Levein. Given that in a few months time the ownership of HMFC will change, do you think there should be change at all levels of the club?

Yes. Her football knowledge has been shown up and we’re a football club after all.

She deserves a lot of gratitude though.

Ann Budge is on record as stating she would be willing to stay on as CEO after FOH take over as the owners of Hearts.

Ann has lost the respect of many Hearts supporters through her failure to sack Levein. She has proved to be misguided 

in backing a man who through his mismanagement has brought our team to the bottom end of the league. It’s obvious 

she will never sack Levein and so she should face a vote of no confidence at the next shareholders AGM. Even though 

she would win the vote she would know the writing is on the wall for Levein and herself.

I voted yes.

She’ll always be remembered for saving us and we’ll always be thankful to her for everything she has done.

But she needs to realise she is running a football club, and what happens at men’s first team level is the most important thing.

She still has the chance to do the right thing and remove Levein & his shitshow but she has to do it very soon or she runs the risk of being forever tarnished because she put one person before the whole club.

If she removes him ASAP and brings in the right people, she can stay on but at the moment she is fast running out of trust and good faith because of what is happening on the park.

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sometimes organisations do just need to freshen things up at the top but I think that  decision should be made early next year. 

Agreed

Levein and MacPhee and the other coaches should be dismissed immediately.  Gary Locke to do Levein's firing would be my choice.

Then I would change the governance.  The Board and management at Hearts is a mess.  I would find an independent non-executive Chairman and other non executive directors.  No 'partners' of the owner.  The FoH situation is a problem in the making too - with starry eyed just happy to be there representatives.  A properly constituted independent Board would not need FoH representatives as they would represent all shareholders.

Abolish Director of Football role.  Proper Chief Executive appointed who has manager, Head of Youth Development , stadium, commercial etc report to them.  Chief Exec and manager not on the Board.

The fresh Board and Chief Exec could scrutinise all the underperforming areas of the club such as first team, squad and recruitment, youth development and medical/fitness.  And energise the club and support with a great choice of football management. 

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

I'm pretty sure Wallace put himself on the payroll at a very nice £100,000. I don't think he failed to make money out of Hearts.

1 minute ago, stan said:

I'm pretty sure Wallace put himself on the payroll at a very nice £100,000. I don't think he failed to make money out of Hearts.

That’s true. 😎

8 minutes ago, stan said:

Wallace is on 100k???

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I have voted yes, not because she has done badly,  but we should be looking forward in any case.

Regardless of her loyalty and dedication to their plan, this club has come a million miles. 

I think 2020 would be a perfect time to close this chapter and begin a new one 

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wallace is on 100k???

Back in 1990, that's my recollection. Not sure why you'd use present tense though.

5 minutes ago, stan said:

Back in 1990, that's my recollection. Not sure why you'd use present tense though.

Forget my post. Thought you were talking about Stewart Wallace at FOH😂😂

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Forget my post. Thought you were talking about Stewart Wallace at FOH😂😂

Haha...sorry didn't mean to start fake news!

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Abso,f......g lutely m8,treating  fans like nobody's, and doesnt give a f....k,,,

2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

She should go and we can all move on. 

Thank you for giving us a loan so that we could save our club.

4 hours ago, troy said:

She should go ASAP and let the club move forward 

4 hours ago, SectionN said:

No, she is complicit in this shambles on the park.

Levin & Budge out

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Anyone who says no has been brainwashed. Look what she is doing to the club ffs!

2 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Ann, If by any chance you read some of the stuff on here then please ignore. Being a Hearts supporter is no guarantee of having more brain cells than your average Budgie (if you'll excuse the pun).

Enjoy your Sunday lunch and have an extra glass of wine. 

Edited by upgotheheads

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge is head of the family.

Craig is wanted by Ann as a family pet who is loved.

After 5 years Craig is getting worse by the month.

Friends and family tell Ann to get rid of Craig before something bad happens.

Ann ignores all the advice as she loves Craig so much.

One day Craig attacks  Ann’s son and the police are called and take Craig away to be put down.

Ann realises she was wrong about Craig but it’s too late everybody turns against old Ann.

I don't think Ann has a son, Mitch😂

Edited by JamboAl

Anne Budge has millions in the bank a lovely house, a string of successful business ventures behind her. In her business life would she allow an underperforming manager to stay in one of her operations? We all know she wouldn't, it's not good for business. Yet at hearts Levein is allowed to stay...so strange

Mid Calder Jambo
23 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Ann, If by any chance you read some of the stuff on here then please ignore. Being a Hearts supporter is no guarantee of having more brain cells than your average Budgie (if you'll excuse the pun).

You are extracting the urine surely.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

:rofl:

INJUREEEEEEEEEEEZ

The Wrinkly Ninja

For the supporters who want her to leave now.

What exactly is your plan.

How do you propose to buy her out and get out of the deal made with FOH?

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

WM saved the club and left us on life support. VR saved the club and left us on life support. AB saved the club and the club is now safe for many a year. Anyone who can't see that is xxxxxxx actually can't be bothered. Do I think Levein should go? Yes. But the club is in the best position in my life time

31 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Finally some sense

I haven't voted because I'm undecided.

Fundamentally, there are only two objectives in running a successful football club; one is financial stability and the other is winning football games.  Ann has succeeded in the first objective and is failing at the second.

If she takes decisive action and turns things around on the field (and there's maybe time to do that), she'll get my vote.

27 minutes ago, XB52 said:

WM saved the club and left us on life support. VR saved the club and left us on life support. AB saved the club and the club is now safe for many a year. Anyone who can't see that is xxxxxxx actually can't be bothered. Do I think Levein should go? Yes. But the club is in the best position in my life time

How safe are we as a club when we're tilted downwards heading to the Championship?

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure how she’s misled the fans. You can criticise her decision to stand by Craig but I don’t see where she’s misled anyone. 

She has a plan!

Francis Albert

Yes for me . Will always be grateful for what she has done but a fresh start required whatever the next few months bring. A more balanced board with some football experience and replacement of the only current board member which has any. And recruitment, of board and employees based on merit not on who you know or who you are related to (no more "we interviewed some great candidates but in a light bulb moment we realised the ideal candidate was here already".

It’s probably the right time for her to go.  Her legacy just now is her role in saving the club and building a new stand. 

If she stays on and it continues to go the way it is I think that will quickly change.  She’s done what she set out to do and got us stable financially, now time to get someone at the helm with football their priority who can build on what has been implemented so far. 

Edited by Morph

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge is on record as stating she would be willing to stay on as CEO after FOH take over as the owners of Hearts.

Ann has lost the respect of many Hearts supporters through her failure to sack Levein. She has proved to be misguided 

in backing a man who through his mismanagement has brought our team to the bottom end of the league. It’s obvious 

she will never sack Levein and so she should face a vote of no confidence at the next shareholders AGM. Even though 

she would win the vote she would know the writing is on the wall for Levein and herself.

She said she would be willing to stay on not that she would stay on against the fans wishes.

If she is not wanted she won't stay on imo.

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

JamboAl you need to start coming out with alternatives because Ann has a blind spot to the harm 

Levein and his buddies are doing to the team which is harming the whole club.

You just need to come out with just one alternative - change the record.

Soon FoH will own the club and there will be opportunities then for alternatives if they are still wanted/needed so why do you keep harping on?

And BTW can you tell me one HMFC manager who has come from your imaginary Bootroom?

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Don’t accept mediocrity.

10 minutes ago, Morph said:

It’s probably the right time for her to go.  Her legacy just now is her role in saving the club and building a new stand. 

If she stays on and it continues to go the way it is I think that will quickly change.  She’s done what she set out to do and got us stable financially, now time to get someone at the helm with football their priority who can build on what has been implemented so far. 

Sensible post 👍

What's more I think I think Mrs Budge would agree .

The only sticking point is who do we appoint to drive the changes that have to be made.

If CL hangs it out to the seasons end we will be needing a new manager and probably coaching staff in addition to a new CEO.  An awful lot of change all at one time.

43 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Fundamentally, there are only two objectives in running a successful football club; one is financial stability and the other is winning football games.  Ann has succeeded in the first objective and is failing at the second.

If she takes decisive action and turns things around on the field (and there's maybe time to do that), she'll get my vote.

She didn’t take decisive action with Cathro, and as a result we had to write off a whole season.

She has not taken decisive action with Levein and as a result we can now write off this season.

50 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The good work she has done at the club outweighs the bad by an absolutely astronomical degree. Can’t believe this is even debatable. 😄