Ann Budge poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

For the supporters who want her to leave now.

What exactly is your plan.

How do you propose to buy her out and get out of the deal made with FOH?

I think you should re read the Thread Title.....

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• i8hibsh

• kingantti1874

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge is on record as stating she would be willing to stay on as CEO after FOH take over as the owners of Hearts.

Ann has lost the respect of many Hearts supporters through her failure to sack Levein. She has proved to be misguided 

in backing a man who through his mismanagement has brought our team to the bottom end of the league. It’s obvious 

she will never sack Levein and so she should face a vote of no confidence at the next shareholders AGM. Even though 

she would win the vote she would know the writing is on the wall for Levein and herself.

Should be an interesting agm her reputation could be left in tatters 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Ann, If by any chance you read some of the stuff on here then please ignore. Being a Hearts supporter is no guarantee of having more brain cells than your average Budgie (if you'll excuse the pun).

Enjoy your Sunday lunch and have an extra glass of wine. 

Wow are people not allowed an opinion or do you just want to slag people off ?

5 minutes ago, troy said:

Wow are people not allowed an opinion or do you just want to slag people off ?

He’s bang on the cash tbf.

5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Anyone who says no has been brainwashed. Look what she is doing to the club ffs!

The only thing she's getting wrong is not getting shot of Levein.  While that is hugely frustrating,  does it outweigh everything else?   The new stand? The new pitch?   The investment in the team?   The sponsorship?   Accounts healthier than they've ever been?  Paying the living wage? 

Just now, Haken said:

The only thing she's getting wrong is not getting shot of Levein.  While that is hugely frustrating,  does it outweigh everything else?   The new stand? The new pitch?   The investment in the team?   The sponsorship?   Accounts healthier than they've ever been?  Paying the living wage? 

Not by an intercontinental-ballistic shot. No.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Ann, If by any chance you read some of the stuff on here then please ignore. Being a Hearts supporter is no guarantee of having more brain cells than your average Budgie (if you'll excuse the pun).

Enjoy your Sunday lunch and have an extra glass of wine. 

We certainly are stupid...for tolerating this shite so meekly. 

Your closing paragraph is a cringe-fest. 

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Anne Budge has millions in the bank a lovely house, a string of successful business ventures behind her. In her business life would she allow an underperforming manager to stay in one of her operations? We all know she wouldn't, it's not good for business. Yet at hearts Levein is allowed to stay...so strange

Other than Newell and Budge, what other successful business ventures has she had?

I think that's part of the issue, too many people think she has a strong track record of running businesses. Unless I'm missing something she's only ever ran Hearts and Newell and Budge. One went really well, the other is going down the pan.

More than happy to be corrected as I've not looked very deeply into her positions held at previous companies.

30 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The good work she has done at the club outweighs the bad by an absolutely astronomical degree. Can’t believe this is even debatable. 😄

Absolutely correct.

SpruceBringsteen

It's a nah from me. This is a beyond worrying error of judgement now.

All the "but the good stuff outweighs the rest" lads seem like the type that'd bring up John Wayne Gacy's community work as Pogo the Clown tbh.

2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

All the "but the good stuff outweighs the rest" lads seem like the type that'd bring up John Wayne Gacy's community work as Pogo the Clown tbh.

Watched Gacy last night by some weird twist of fate. He was not without his good qualities tbf. Although all fatties look friendly and jovial, so y’know.

Fact of the matter is though, the good she does and has done, absolutely does outweigh the bad. It’s not even close.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

how long are does she get to turn the onfield results around? Ultimately Anne Budge is acccountable.. 2 games? 5 Games 50? Games Interested to see how much rope she has - surely it can’t be indefinite

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Watched Gacy last night by some weird twist of fate. He was not without his good qualities tbf. Although all fatties look friendly and jovial, so y’know.

Fact of the matter is though, the good she does and has done, absolutely does outweigh the bad. It’s not even close.

Same question, how long do we tolerate her on field failure.. 

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As long as she stands by Levein, I stand by my yes

Correct. Guilty by association.

She had the chance to move himback upstairs after the cup final. She had a chance to use his health scare as an excuse, she has lost many of the fans.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Same question, how long do we tolerate her on field failure.. 

Do you mean me personally? If so, I can’t see Levein turning this around now, so I’m already in the camp that feels a change is necessary. I’m not about to go and chuck a tracksuit on and shout obscenities from the plaza surrounded by kids with Union Flags though. 

For me, the footballing fortunes could change very quickly back to the positive, whether that’s with Levein at the helm or not remains to be seen.

Dismissing the massive amount of good Budge has done over our onfield malaise under Levein? Nope. Not for me, sorry. She’s done wonders for the club I support, and I’d sooner she stayed on. Once the manager’s position is sorted out, all the good that she does will remain, and I can see the difference. 

2 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

For the supporters who want her to leave now.

What exactly is your plan.

How do you propose to buy her out and get out of the deal made with FOH?

Where there is a will there is a way.

8 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Obviously she’s a brilliant Businesswoman and our club is in great hands off the park. Unfortunately she is being manipulated by Levein who has far too much power at the club. I’m a NO at the moment but she needs rip up Levein’s blueprint and send him and his coaches packing or the fans will definitely want her out.

Agree with this

1 hour ago, Morph said:

It’s probably the right time for her to go.  Her legacy just now is her role in saving the club and building a new stand. 

If she stays on and it continues to go the way it is I think that will quickly change.  She’s done what she set out to do and got us stable financially, now time to get someone at the helm with football their priority who can build on what has been implemented so far. 

Although I want her to stay that is a very sensible post and hard to argue with. If only the many mouth breathers on here could learn from you

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Do you mean me personally? If so, I can’t see Levein turning this around now, so I’m already in the camp that feels a change is necessary. I’m not about to go and chuck a tracksuit on and shout obscenities from the plaza surrounded by kids with Union Flags though. 

For me, the footballing fortunes could change very quickly back to the positive, whether that’s with Levein at the helm or not remains to be seen.

Dismissing the massive amount of good Budge has done over our onfield malaise under Levein? Nope. Not for me, sorry. She’s done wonders for the club I support, and I’d sooner she stayed on. Once the manager’s position is sorted out, all the good that she does will remain, and I can see the difference. 

Hypothetically- how many game does she get to sort it out.. this is her job just as much as the off field stuff.  We’ve won once in 17, if he’s still in the job if we win one of the next 17 would your view change.. ? 

personally, I don’t think she wants to be there without levein.. 

Ann Budge is allowing Levein to kill the club we all saved. The Hearts team IS the club for the vast majority. The stands, hospitality, sponsorship ect is all about helping support a manager put a winning/entertaining team on the pitch. When you employ extra admin staff, shop staff, ticket office staff, catering staff, coaching staff you get the idea a profitable club can quickly become a club losing money and all because of a team that too many times look like a shambles managed by a useless management.

Ex member of the SaS

I was all for Ann to stay on after FoH take over but gradually starting to want her and Levein out for good. She saved the club and has done Sterling work, but it's a football club first and foremost and the fans want a winning team on the park. Some thing Levein can't supply.

Ps don't want him moving back up stairs as no decent manager will work under him as they can't be guaranteed autonomy

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The good work she has done at the club outweighs the bad by an absolutely astronomical degree. Can’t believe this is even debatable. 😄

Of course she's done a lot of great work.  The list of successes is long and doesn't need to be repeated here.

But the question in the poll is about whether she should remain as CEO, and that question cannot be answered unless you consider ALL aspects of the Club's operations.  Success on the football field is vitally important, and Ann's success or failure in that area is most certainly debatable.

Reluctantly voted yes.

She has done so much it's a pity its come to this. If she could oversee the business and appoint a football executive who was allowed to take the decisions on players and management might have been different. Thinks theres no room for compromise now she is in the Levein camp and not for budging ( pun intended)

27 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Of course she's done a lot of great work.  The list of successes is long and doesn't need to be repeated here.

But the question in the poll is about whether she should remain as CEO, and that question cannot be answered unless you consider ALL aspects of the Club's operations.  Success on the football field is vitally important, and Ann's success or failure in that area is most certainly debatable.

I think the list probably does need repeating, because there’s a lot of people who seem to think it’s just wee negligible things that she has overseen, and that they are somehow in danger of being undone by her belief in the current manager.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think the list probably does need repeating, because there’s a lot of people who seem to think it’s just wee negligible things that she has overseen, and that they are somehow in danger of being undone by her belief in the current manager.

pretty sure I saw on social media someone saying the stand was 10million over budget now and Budge was making back £4million from fronting the money to save us. I’m not sure what she is making i’m sure someone will have accurate figures but when you add in the fact (as I understand) she doesn’t take a wage for running the club its crazy some of what is spouted.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

pretty sure I saw on social media someone saying the stand was 10million over budget now and Budge was making back £4million from fronting the money to save us. I’m not sure what she is making i’m sure someone will have accurate figures but when you add in the fact (as I understand) she doesn’t take a wage for running the club its crazy some of what is spouted.

I’m certain on one of the other AB threads a figure of 7% return on her investment was mentioned. Not sure how reliable info was.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m certain on one of the other AB threads a figure of 7% return on her investment was mentioned. Not sure how reliable info was.

How much was the initial investment. Even taking 7% of that would give us a rough idea to go on. Be interesting to also compare that divided over her time with a CEO of a club similar over the time period and what return a bank/savings account would of given her or simply a moderate investment return would. The amount of time and effort she has put into helping to rebuild us and increase our turnover to where she has is difficult to quantify in a financial term as none of us really know fully just how bad things were and the hours put in by her. 

10 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I voted yes, only because I think if she is still here so will Levein be in some capacity.

I voted yes for exactly the same reason.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

How much was the initial investment. Even taking 7% of that would give us a rough idea to go on. Be interesting to also compare that divided over her time with a CEO of a club similar over the time period and what return a bank/savings account would of given her or simply a moderate investment return would. The amount of time and effort she has put into helping to rebuild us and increase our turnover to where she has is difficult to quantify in a financial term as none of us really know fully just how bad things were and the hours put in by her. 

Not sure on initial investment or any facts at all really. I don’t think her role in rebuilding the club should be underestimated though as she’s clearly been the key figure.

It’s a crying shame that, inevitably now, her reputation with the fans is going to be tarnished by her support of Levein. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 hours ago, Coco said:

Levein and MacPhee and the other coaches should be dismissed immediately.  Gary Locke to do Levein's firing would be my choice.

Oh the Karma of that!! 😊

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was it from a reliable source?

If not, it is worth pointing out that putting untruths on social media can lead to prosecution and so can repeating them.

It would be best to wait until the relevant accounts are published and then see what's what.

Just now, JamboAl said:

Was it from a reliable source?

If not, it is worth pointing out that putting untruths on social media can lead to prosecution and so can repeating them.

It would be best to wait until the relevant accounts are published and then see what's what.

it was Social Media , says it all...

Budge stopped taking up her interest for a period as a financial contribution towards the stand. She also doesn’t take a salary.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

it was Social Media , says it all...

I know but just thought it would be helpful advice to be careful and not go OTT using social media as the last source.

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

I haven't voted because I believe she will leave anyway.

I'll always be grateful to her for stepping up when we down and almostre out.

The abuse she has taken from a section of the 'support' (there's a laugh ) will ensure that she will be happy to go.

It's always baffled me why someone her age would want to put themself through such stress when she could be enjoying the rest of her days relaxing in the sun.

My opinion is Mrs Budge and Craig Levein will both retire at the end of the season.

We will then have to find the money to actually PAY a CEO and substantially more to find a good manager and a new coaching team.

The post budge era is going to be very challenging and I dread to think what will happen if the next manager is a failure.

The fans are going to have to be patient 😂

Great post

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

I haven't voted because I believe she will leave anyway.

I'll always be grateful to her for stepping up when we down and almostre out.

The abuse she has taken from a section of the 'support' (there's a laugh ) will ensure that she will be happy to go.

It's always baffled me why someone her age would want to put themself through such stress when she could be enjoying the rest of her days relaxing in the sun.

My opinion is Mrs Budge and Craig Levein will both retire at the end of the season.

We will then have to find the money to actually PAY a CEO and substantially more to find a good manager and a new coaching team.

The post budge era is going to be very challenging and I dread to think what will happen if the next manager is a failure.

The fans are going to have to be patient 😂

Top post,

Fast back to Admin and she stepped forward.

If we are ever in that situation again soon, the attitude being taken now towards AB will hardly encourage anyone with designs on taking over.

In the past we have lambasted our previous owners (Vlad and Mercer) who, despite their faults, ponied up to help/save us in difficult times.   Heaven help FoH if we don't win the European Cup within 3 years of the take-over.

This nonsense of a poll shows you exactly why fans in chage is a dangerous proposition

We will not realise what we had until it has gone and those who wish that need a good shake to knock some sense back into them

No owner gets it 100% right but all of the moaning minnies on here do...............that says it all

The lack of respect shown by some to her is simply a disgrace and god help us if any of those get into positions of influence

It's the usual 'get rid of them' approach with no idea of what is to follow

Thank goodness the silenty majority will ignore those posters

1 hour ago, sadj said:

The social media info you read is just lies and misinformation designed to put the boot into her and the club...support those lies and you are no fan of our club and it is that simple

Those who vote to get rid of her are doing so only because of their views on the manager and just cannot seem to realise that just because she thinks you are wrong does not make her position untenable

Of course you could go back to having a crook run the club, take it to the edge of bankruptcy and this time fail to find someone to save the club...that would seem to be the view of some in here and given that, their view is just best ignored

Edited by CJGJ

kingantti1874
47 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This nonsense of a poll shows you exactly why fans in chage is a dangerous proposition

We will not realise what we had until it has gone and those who wish that need a good shake to knock some sense back into them

No owner gets it 100% right but all of the moaning minnies on here do...............that says it all

The lack of respect shown by some to her is simply a disgrace and god help us if any of those get into positions of influence

It's the usual 'get rid of them' approach with no idea of what is to follow

Thank goodness the silenty majority will ignore those posters

I agree with your point on some of the posts with regard to respect? 

however - she is failing in her primary purpose of leading the football club.. how long do you give her? Another 5 games ? 50 games? 500 games or will you just support her indefinitely regardless of 3 seasons now of abject failure?

this thread would not even exist if she just did the blindingly obvious

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The social media info you read is just lies and misinformation designed to put the boot into her and the club...support those lies and you are no fan of our club and it is that simple

Those who vote to get rid of her are doing so only because of their views on the manager and just cannot seem to realise that just because she thinks you are wrong does not make her position untenable

Of course you could go back to having a crook run the club, take it to the edge of bankruptcy and this time fail to find someone to save the club...that would seem to be the view of some in here and given that, their view is just best ignored

you’ve got this all wrong CJ, it’s got nothing to do with whether she thinks we are right or wrong.. she’s is showing a complete lack of leadership in regard to THE most important position at the club.. we are a football club, primary purpose to compete in games and entertain the paying public..

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree with your point on some of the posts with regard to respect? 

however - she is failing in her primary purpose of leading the football club.. how long do you give her? Another 5 games ? 50 games? 500 games or will you just support her indefinitely regardless of 3 seasons now of abject failure?

this thread would not even exist if she just did the blindingly obvious

All this is about the manager so firstly lets hear thats that is what it is all about from all those who criticise

Given that some on here are looking to throw away one of the best if not the best owner because of that..madness

She is leading the club, she still has faith in the manager and she at least knows more than any on here the situation behind the scenes

Perhaps posters should cut her some slack and realise she is not stupid, she knows the feelings of some...but just because those people shout loudly they do not represent the number of fans they think they do

I like the fact she is not bowing down to those who scream and shout giving those in charge of the playing side time to get things right realising many of the issues are simply beyond the control of the manager.

If we get players back and there are no signs of improvement then I am confident she will recognise that change is required but to get rid of her for doing what many football fans think is the right thing and giving a manager time ignoring all the things she has gotten right since taking over is just plain silly.

Edited by CJGJ

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

All this is about the manager so firstly lets hear thats that is what it is all about from all those who criticise

Given that some on here are looking to throw away one of the best if not the best owner because of that..madness

She is leading the club, she still has faith in the manager and she at least knows more than any on here the situation behind the scenes

Perhaps posters should cut her some slack and realise she is not stupid, she knows the feelings of some...but just because those people shout loudly they do not represent the number of fans they think they do

I like the fact she is not bowing down to those who scream and shout giving those in charge of the playing side time to get things right realising many of the issues are simply beyond the control of the manager.

If we get players back and there are no signs of improvement then I am confident she will recognise that change is required but to get rid of her for doing what many football fans think is the right thing and giving a manager time ignoring all the things she has gotten right since taking over is just plain silly.

A very good post, imo.

kingantti1874
Just now, CJGJ said:

I like the fact she is not bowing down to those who scream and shout giving those in charge of the playing side to get things right realising many of the issues are simply beyond the control of the manager.

she’s an intelligent woman but not a football person by her own admission -, she seems to be operating under the belief that he can somehow repair this relationship with the fans.. she is 100% wrong.. the trust is gone permanently.  If she persists much longer we will be back to the days of 10k crowds and we won’t be secure off the pitch

answer the question mate.  How long do you give her or are you happy to tolerate this garbage forever? 

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A very good post, imo.

Definition of a good post on here tends to be one you agree with.

The poll votes on whether Mrs Budge should remain "in charge" or be replaced when paid back. While accepting all her great early work there have been enough areas where fans see a downturn, which has happened with many owners. 

I cannot help but feel the new stand ended up costing more and is potentially bringing in less than projected.

She has put a lot of eggs in the Levein basket and looks a bit trapped.

Things can turn around but I don't feel the confidence in her remaining that I did in the past

13 hours ago, jambocub said:

What gives you that idea? 

I cannot say at this point but have heard decent rumour