Ann Budge poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• i8hibsh

• kingantti1874

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Bishop

Who replaces her? Do we look to poach someone from another club, we certainly don't have a qualified person on our current board. 

Whats Sergejus Fedotovas up to these days? 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

it will if its before FOH take control

mate won’t appoint a new CEO weeks before FOH take control. ETA March, and if she did it would be Stuart Wallace on an interim basis

Yes. She can handle the business side but keep her well away from the football “department”. 

Edited by Cut The Crap

Dagger Is Back

I’m a no but my patience is wearing thin.

The list of improvements since she took over a shambles of a club are hugely impressive. Nothing that now happens will ever diminish that

However, mistakes have been made. I think you’d make allowances for that but the new stand saga for me was far from acceptable. 

The stories of nepotism don’t find favour and actually it’s nothing to do with Hibs allegiances either. Both guys just happening to be the best option for the roles sounds all a little convenient to me

This isn’t based on any hard evidence but I wonder whether or not the other members of the Board have the balls to stand up and really challenge AB? 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

I voted yes, only because I think if she is still here so will Levein be in some capacity.

That’s where I am at and it’s the primary reason for saying Yes 

I’m a No.

shes done amazing stuff off the field and that’s massive given what we experienced under the likes of the Pieman and Vlad.

Shes damaged her legacy with her steadfast loyalty to the worst manager in history but he WILL be away in the summer at the latest. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m a No.

shes done amazing stuff off the field and that’s massive given what we experienced under the likes of the Pieman and Vlad.

Shes damaged her legacy with her steadfast loyalty to the worst manager in history but he WILL be away in the summer at the latest. 

I don’t think she wants to be here without him. And that’s why she isn’t fussed about making a change

Yes for me.

We need someone who respects the support and everything we've done for the club. Not just seeing us as a cash facility.

We need someone who cares for results, has a basic understanding that what happens on the pitch is the most important part of a football club.

We need someone with a strong backbone, who will make difficult decisions when required, for the benefit of the supporters and the league position of the club.

Budge waited too long to get rid of Cathro, and ruined a whole season because of it.

She has waited even longer and despite performances being no better under Levein, and arguably worse, she has failed to act, and ruined this season into the bargain.

Football clubs need strong decisive leaders. Romanov was way to far in one direction, and Budge way to far in the opposite direction. Someone in the middle next time please.

Selkirkhmfc1874

No from me because mostly she's been fantastic for the football club but not taking action on the football side is tarnishing her reputation and the longer she leaves it the more and more the goodwill will disappear 

The main thing to look at here is the probability that had this poll been done 6 months ago it would have been a resounding No.

Her backing of Levein hasn’t panned out well for us or her.

Her and Levein are joined at the hip.

No chance she stays if/when he goes.

The tactic is to somehow bungle their way to the end of the season and leave.

Seasons a write off , it's all about the summer and getting the next round of appointments right this time.

Hopefully we're still in the top division.

I haven't voted because I believe she will leave anyway.

I'll always be grateful to her for stepping up when we down and almostre out.

The abuse she has taken from a section of the 'support' (there's a laugh ) will ensure that she will be happy to go.

It's always baffled me why someone her age would want to put themself through such stress when she could be enjoying the rest of her days relaxing in the sun.

My opinion is Mrs Budge and Craig Levein will both retire at the end of the season.

We will then have to find the money to actually PAY a CEO and substantially more to find a good manager and a new coaching team.

The post budge era is going to be very challenging and I dread to think what will happen if the next manager is a failure.

The fans are going to have to be patient 😂

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Ann will appoint Leanne Dempster just before she leaves.

And give Levein a new 3 year deal!!

feck!!! I wonder if she could do that?

John mcCartney

The woman has let her emtions run in a fast moving opinionated football world,big mistake
and she will now know it.....
Its fair enough setting up revenue streams during her tenure as this seems to be the only aspect of her that is still receiving plaudits,however that will be truly donald ducked by the end of the season if Lescream is still clinging on (which isnt an
impossibility)

Ann has relinquished the future of Hmfc for the ill gotten loyalties of a complete and utter charlatan.
A sad and sorry state of affairs on behalf of a fan base that deserves more,so much more.

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I'm no at the moment. I think she's done so much good for the club that her failure to deal with Levein is forgivable at the moment.

If we get relegated on her watch then she 100% must leave. 

As for Levein, his continued presence in any capacity at the club is disgraceful. Ann's weakness is her loyalty to a man whom is not fit for purpose and is completely out of his depth. She can still salvage her own position and legacy but writing off this season as another series of disasters with Craig Levein is starting to make that look less likely.

Any other manager at any other club in the world would have been removed by now and she's one of the only Hearts fans not to see it.

Disagree mate. Our football is dire and she flatly refuses to do anything about it. We've moved on from our financial situ thanks to the £9m freely given by fans. The club though, seems to be regressing on the football side of things with players failing to prove they have the right to pull on the maroon jersey. She's been protecting Levein for close on two years now while deflecting criticism of him by ranting on about our fans behaviour and the new stand. She can rectify supporters discontent by sacking Levein now but she sadly lacks the guts to do this. Something has to give soon.

I'm a no today. However, after Wednesday's game and Dr Budge's scheduled appearance at the HMSA dinner on Thursday I reserve the right to change my mind.

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I'm a no today. However, after Wednesday's game and Dr Budge's scheduled appearance at the HMSA dinner on Thursday I reserve the right to change my mind.

Will be an interesting dinner on Thursday I reckon. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Will be an interesting dinner on Thursday I reckon. 

She'll maybe pull a hamstring on Thursday morning and miss it, hope not.

Just now, EIEIO said:

She'll maybe pull a hamstring on Thursday morning and miss it, hope not.

If we lose Wednesday night I doubt she’ll have much appetite for much on Thursday evening. 🧐

However, if you are chair/ceo in any organisation you have to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth. 

2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Who replaces her? Do we look to poach someone from another club, we certainly don't have a qualified person on our current board. 

Whats Sergejus Fedotovas up to these days? 

Prob doing gulag in Siberia!!!

When Ann Budge was asked if Levein was Fireproof she said he wasn’t !

I believe she misled the fans for her misguided belief in a man who has proved he 

and his Boot Room pals are useless and completely out of their depth.

Her contempt for our support is shameful.

12 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Prob doing gulag in Siberia!!!

Who had heard of Firework Phil and he did a great job after Hearts he landed a job with a Tennis organisation and he also worked for the Man City owner.

Edited by mitch41

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Ann will appoint Leanne Dempster just before she leaves.

Sadly, that would be an improvement on our current set up.....!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

yes and it runs much deeper than her handling of levein

shes done a lot of good things though for which she will always deserve credit

bye bye queen Ann

:wave1:

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Who had heard of Firework Phil and he did a great job after Hearts he landed a job as CEO with British Tennis.

I had heard of him. He was prominent as CEO of the SRU. Before that, he had inspired the Diet Coke break ad.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

mate won’t appoint a new CEO weeks before FOH take control. ETA March, and if she did it would be Stuart Wallace on an interim basis

AB has been criticised for her lack of football expertise.

What are Stuart's credentials in this area?

PS - I know you said "interim" but that could last a while until we get a new man (or woman).

If she were to go come the spring/summer it should protect her outstanding legacy...her actions and money saved the club, dead simple, without her, god only knows where we (the fans) would be, I shudder to think...in the main her decision making has been first class, but the damage caused by Levein and the position she finds herself in re his performance surrounding 1st team affairs, has limped on far too long.....along with many others, I choose not to go to Tynecastle to watch my team now simply due to the Levein effect....its soul destroying and he has proved he doesnt have the football wherewithal to change it, he has had 3 years, and Miss B should have pulled the trigger on his time after the SC Final....

Edited by GavK1012

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When Ann Budge was asked if Levein was Fireproof she said he wasn’t !

I believe she misled the fans for her misguided belief in a man who has proved he 

and his Boot Room pals are useless and completely out of their depth.

Her contempt for our support is shameful.

Abso,f......g lutely m8,treating  fans like nobody's, and doesnt give a f....k,,,

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

AB has been criticised for her lack of football expertise.

What are Stuart's credentials in this area?

PS - I know you said "interim" but that could last a while until we get a new man (or woman).

JamboAl you need to start coming out with alternatives because Ann has a blind spot to the harm 

Levein and his buddies are doing to the team which is harming the whole club.

If you vote yes - want the best for Heart of Midlothian and don’t settle for utter shite.

if you vote no - brainwashed to believe that we should be 6th place and draws to Livi are a good result. 

Worrying how this is so close. Open your eyes some of you. 

jambo-in-furness

I voted no for the simplest of reasons

without Ann Budge I would have no where to send my FOH pledge,

I would have no football club to follow,

and where would kickback be? This poll and forum would also be history.

she may not get everything right, but when I take my seat in the new stand I give thanks to Ann Budge.