Statement From Hearts

Jambos_1874

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I reckon the ersecheek rags will keep it on the back burner until the next time they need to cover up their own sectarian filth.

You’re probably right. Unfortunately, as a club, we don’t have the media support to kick up a fuss over this. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• davemclaren

• Governor Tarkin

joondalupjambo

How many Hearts supporters in recent seasons have been banned for life for racism and/or sectarian abuse?

I think it is at least three.  Two at the Hamilton game earlier this season and one from 2016.

Point is that we have previous and the media know it hence they are once again happy to target us as it deflects from other issues.

If found guilty happy we should always get rid of these types but in this case the club should be careful not to lie down and take all the media attacks.  They should compile a list of them and if the guy in this case is found to be innocent, or the case is not proven we should respond to each of the main ones publicly.  We should not simply roll over.

50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So why does some racist prick doing the 'OK' sign determine me doing it?

You can still use it, just people might get the wrong idea now since it's been hijacked. 

4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

How many Hearts supporters in recent seasons have been banned for life for racism and/or sectarian abuse?

I think it is at least three.  Two at the Hamilton game earlier this season and one from 2016.

Point is that we have previous and the media know it hence they are once again happy to target us as it deflects from other issues.

If found guilty happy we should always get rid of these types but in this case the club should be careful not to lie down and take all the media attacks.  They should compile a list of them and if the guy in this case is found to be innocent, or the case is not proven we should respond to each of the main ones publicly.  We should not simply roll over.

Banned indefinitely. 😎

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Banned indefinitely. 😎

Yeah you are right I think, the two for the Hamilton game were indefinitely but the Josh Magennis guilty party was reported as for life.  

So does that mean the Hamilton two might be allowed back but not the other guy?  Seems a bit strange.

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah you are right I think, the two for the Hamilton game were indefinitely but the Josh Magennis guilty party was reported as for life.  

So does that mean the Hamilton two might be allowed back but not the other guy?  Seems a bit strange.

No idea but, in principle, I‘ve nothing against losing one racist for a few years every season. 

Have no idea what the guy said but content with Hearts releasing the statement of investigation. 

I would also like to think if the guy is innocent of everything other than general abuse (I know, I know) then the club would also release something clearing him of any wrongdoing. 

That could have been any one of us plastered everywhere online after trial by opposition supporters for perhaps merely venting frustration to an opposition player celebrating right in front of us. It's actually scary how close you are to something like this happening and the potential fall out form it - job at risk, personal safety at stake etc. 

A sad indictment of the time we live in is the guy isn't the brawest looking and therefore further defines his guilt in the eyes of some. 

Bazzas right boot

The big darky...... 

:berra:

Just why? 

The big guy. 

The big huddy

The big unit 

Some folk have mindsets that are beyond help. 

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea but, in principle, I‘ve nothing against losing one racist for a few years every season. 

Totally agree, in fact sure we could go to at least two or three just to speed things up a bit.  Might get the message across.

Ricardo Shillyshally

In the grand scheme of things we really are not too bad. The odd idiot, but thats it.  There isn't an endemic problem.

We've certainly come a long way. I remember being at a preseason friendly v Watford in the 80s. Luther Blisset and John Barnes got it seriously bad that night.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The big darky...... 

:berra:

Just why? 

The big guy. 

The big huddy

The big unit 

Some folk have mindsets that are beyond help. 

I assume it has to be ignorance. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume it has to be ignorance. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yip, I genuinely don't think he was trying to cause offence, just his mindset. 

Went to "big darky" without a second thought. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

In the grand scheme of things we really are not too bad. The odd idiot, but thats it.  There isn't an endemic problem.

We've certainly come a long way. I remember being at a preseason friendly v Watford in the 80s. Luther Blisset and John Barnes got it seriously bad that night.

For being English..... 🙄

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Banned indefinitely. 😎

Lucky bassas. 

How do win that ticket? 

49 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You can still use it, just people might get the wrong idea now since it's been hijacked. 

progressives?

Anyway this thread is not about this.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Totally agree, in fact sure we could go to at least two or three just to speed things up a bit.  Might get the message across.

You need more than the 'evidence ' of a lip reading Hun fan to proceed .

This has been blown out of proportion it's nothing like the incident at English grounds recently where players actually heard the abuse and reacted to the person dishing out the abuse.

I haven't heard any claims of abuse from Morelos himself.  Considering he was right up in the faces of the Hearts fans he would surely have heard any abuse.

He has been in Scotland long enough to understand any abusive terms.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

The Josh Magennis case was laughed out of court iirc and the fan was reinstated at Tynecastle.

Besides it was not racist.

Magennis seemed to take more exception to being called Irish rather than being called a prick.

It's getting ridiculous really.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

I suppose it is .

However it was Rangers fans who kicked of this farce.

So it's only right that they face scrutiny as well.

4 hours ago, Biguche said:

That's exactly the sort of comment we would shoot down as #whataboutery if it came from fans of another team

Read it with a lot of sarcasm

Kick It Out and similar organisations are much needed (unfortunately) in football.

That statement though is really silly. They've clearly reacted without even seeing the footage (or they're so stuck on seeing racism everywhere).

It could make them difficult to take seriously in future which isn't great for football.

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Glottis said:

Kick It Out and similar organisations are much needed (unfortunately) in football.

That statement though is really silly. They've clearly reacted without even seeing the footage (or they're so stuck on seeing racism everywhere).

It could make them difficult to take seriously in future which isn't great for football.

Not sure I agree.

The vast majority know what's acceptable and what is not, without some self appointed moral guardians issuing statements about things they don't know the facts about.

Lets face it, anyone who has that sort of mindset will not be changed by a few football players waving a bit of red card for 10 seconds before a match.

Edited by The Treasurer

9 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Not sure I agree.

The vast majority know what's acceptable and what is not, without some self appointed moral guardians issuing statements about things they don't know the facts about.

Lets face it, anyone who has that sort of mindset will not be changed by a few football players waving a bit of red card for 10 seconds before a match.

It also can’t be denied that Show Racism The Red Card need racist incidents to justify their existence -and the near 800k they receive in grants annually.

[from their statement in The Scotsman] it is apparent they have used the Morelos incident to further push their own worth suggesting that Scottish football back them with a programme to educate children. The fact that they have pounced on an incident which is at best ambiguous and at worst a contrived falsehood by a rival football fan makes their statement disingenuous and frankly irresponsible - football is not the racist cesspit some people are so desperate to paint it. Even if this guy was racist it’s still nowhere near the crisis SRTRC wish to present.

It’s a real pity to have to criticise something which undoubtedly has sound aims at its heart but the lack of accountability when they abuse their position is a problem. This will be noticeable when the Morales incident is investigated and found to be unproven and there will be no effort to rescind the hyperbolic reaction from themselves (or the press) and all that will be left will be lingering aspersions about Hearts and their racist fans - and football fans in general.

Edited by GlasgoJambo

1 hour ago, GlasgoJambo said:

It also can’t be denied that Show Racism The Red Card need racist incidents to justify their existence -and the near 800k they receive in grants annually.

[from their statement in The Scotsman] it is apparent they have used the Morelos incident to further push their own worth suggesting that Scottish football back them with a programme to educate children. The fact that they have pounced on an incident which is at best ambiguous and at worst a contrived falsehood by a rival football fan makes their statement disingenuous and frankly irresponsible - football is not the racist cesspit some people are so desperate to paint it. Even if this guy was racist it’s still nowhere near the crisis SRTRC wish to present.

It’s a real pity to have to criticise something which undoubtedly has sound aims at its heart but the lack of accountability when they abuse their position is a problem. This will be noticeable when the Morales incident is investigated and found to be unproven and there will be no effort to rescind the hyperbolic reaction from themselves (or the press) and all that will be left will be lingering aspersions about Hearts and their racist fans - and football fans in general.

Yep. 

I’ve lost track though...is the incident actually being investigated by any authority?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't consider what the Liverpool fans did to be racist. 

You have to be kidding. It’s a racial stereotype 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You have to be kidding. It’s a racial stereotype 

If you have fixed views based on the past.

We'll see how it develops.

Edited by Mikey1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

If you have fixed views 

If you’ve got fixed views you think that every black man has a massive cock

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It's just a picture of Origi

Is it only black people that have to represent everyone? 

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never crossed my mind.

If it crossed yours then you might need to consider your attitudes to black people. 

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. 

I’ve lost track though...is the incident actually being investigated by any authority?

Just the authority that is HMFC I believe. Not to be confused with HMCTS.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Never crossed my mind.

If it crossed yours then you might need to consider your attitudes to black people. 

I’d direct you to The Anfield Wrap and a very good podcast they did on racism in August. Your first sentence is lies and your second is classic deflection. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d direct you to The Anfield Wrap and a very good podcast they did on racism in August. Your first sentence is lies and your second is classic deflection. 

I work in Scotland including on matters of abuse and reporting. And I know the law here. Why would I need to read or listen to some Scouse opinion. 

If you thought it you have a problem. 

SSN carried an article yesterday referring to Rangers appealing to their own fans to behave and not indulge in sectarian singing in Porto. They went on to say, “this comes hot on the heels of alleged racist chanting aimed at Alfredo Morelos during Rangers game at Tynecastle on Sunday.” I couldn’t believe that an editor could allow that to be included with zero research of the story. 

On behalf of the fans, one in particular, Hearts should be taking all these media organisations and alleged charities to task and demanding apologies. We were rightly slated as a support for January 1988 but for 30 years now, it feels like every time there’s a racist incident the Hearts fans are brought up. Last Tuesday’s Sportsound (following England in Bulgaria) was Ian McCall and Derek Ferguson going on about how they played in Scotland’s shame game. As usual, no mention made of bananas raining into the pitch and comedians on both sides of the OF divide openly making jungle jokes (a reference to the nickname of Celtic Park’s terracing which ran the length of the park) when Mark Walters debuted at Parkhead a fortnight earlier. 

Four days now since this nothing incident was brought to the attention of the authorities (and Hearts) by a Twitter nobody. How has it not been dealt with and put behind us? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, New Guy said:

Will we be launching a probe into the sectarian singing from the Rangers end?

:rofl:

Of course not.

Scottish football full of seething racists but sectarianism is just a minority!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, New Guy said:

Will we be launching a probe into the sectarian singing from the Rangers end?

Afraid not.

Why EVERYBODY in the ground doesn't get treated the same would be a good question to ask the club.

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

SSN carried an article yesterday referring to Rangers appealing to their own fans to behave and not indulge in sectarian singing in Porto. They went on to say, “this comes hot on the heels of alleged racist chanting aimed at Alfredo Morelos during Rangers game at Tynecastle on Sunday.” I couldn’t believe that an editor could allow that to be included with zero research of the story. 

On behalf of the fans, one in particular, Hearts should be taking all these media organisations and alleged charities to task and demanding apologies. We were rightly slated as a support for January 1988 but for 30 years now, it feels like every time there’s a racist incident the Hearts fans are brought up. Last Tuesday’s Sportsound (following England in Bulgaria) was Ian McCall and Derek Ferguson going on about how they played in Scotland’s shame game. As usual, no mention made of bananas raining into the pitch and comedians on both sides of the OF divide openly making jungle jokes (a reference to the nickname of Celtic Park’s terracing which ran the length of the park) when Mark Walters debuted at Parkhead a fortnight earlier. 

Four days now since this nothing incident was brought to the attention of the authorities (and Hearts) by a Twitter nobody. How has it not been dealt with and put behind us? 

If the person accused is found to be innocent of the accusations, we can't really take the media to task and demand that organisations apologise if they use the word "alleged", or similar, in their reporting. For those who didn't, and made it appear that a racist incident did occur as fact, an apology might perhaps not be enough.

VagabondJambo
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If the person accused is found to be innocent of the accusations, we can't really take the media to task and demand that organisations apologise if they use the word "alleged", or similar, in their reporting. For those who didn't, and made it appear that a racist incident did occur as fact, an apology might perhaps not be enough.

Neil Cameron in a main article in The Herald states “Alfredo Morelos is the latest non-white player to be subjected to abuse, as he was at Tynecastle on Sunday, and not because he scored a goal, was cheeky to the home fans, kicked an opponent or dived.

The Rangers striker, not for the first time, was abused while doing his job because of the colour of his skin.”

No “alleged”!  Stated as fact!

Racism is wrong - these unsubstantiated accusations in the press are wrong!

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

When (not if) the inevitable happens in Porto tonight, you can guarantee that sevco will issue a statement about the "tiny minority" letting the club down, not real fans, etc etc

2 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Neil Cameron in a main article in The Herald states “Alfredo Morelos is the latest non-white player to be subjected to abuse, as he was at Tynecastle on Sunday, and not because he scored a goal, was cheeky to the home fans, kicked an opponent or dived.

The Rangers striker, not for the first time, was abused while doing his job because of the colour of his skin.”

Indeed. If the guy turns out to be innocent, I sincerely hope that Hearts do not let instances like this go uncommented or unacted upon.

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

Ironically, this quote gives all the REAL reasons why opposition fans give him pelters

18 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Ironically, this quote gives all the REAL reasons why opposition fans give him pelters

He was certainly abused but whether that was due to the colour of his skin seems as yet unconfirmed. 

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He was certainly abused but whether that was due to the colour of his skin seems as yet unconfirmed. 

Morelos is a diving, cheating, greetin faced wee shitebag, the colour of his skin has no bearing on that.

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Morelos is a diving, cheating, greetin faced wee shitebag, the colour of his skin has no bearing on that.

I agree. 😄

12 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Good post.