Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Hearts

• Justin Z

• Roxy Hearts

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, weehammy said:

Me too. Especially can’t wait to spend my new Scottish banknotes ( called Teuchters and made up of 100 Bawbees). Also nowt on telly except repeats of Still Game. Braw!!!!

Aw naw, tellies running oot.

7 hours ago, weehammy said:

Me too. Especially can’t wait to spend my new Scottish banknotes ( called Teuchters and made up of 100 Bawbees). Also nowt on telly except repeats of Still Game. Braw!!!!

Such a sad post in so many ways. Sad that someone can try and belittle their country like this , sad that they actually think what they posted was funny, and sad that years of being forced fed lies about us being too wee, too poor and too stupid can brainwash people.

:gok: I remember 2014 when people actually thought stuff like this and used it as validation to vote against independence. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

:gok: I remember 2014 when people actually thought stuff like this and used it as validation to vote against independence. 

I had a mate who didn’t think he’d get the BBC anymore and in particular his favourite Radio 2 😐 

Its hard to believe that there is people in this country who are this dumb tbh. 
Maybe they’re right, cos on the evidence of posts like that we definitely are too stupid...

Edited by jack D and coke

😀😀😁

I'm just delighted to hear that, after all these years, they finally have a Currency plan in place. Not sure it's a step up from the 'it's oor poond tae' plan though. 😂

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: 

Know what I mean, Jackie. Horrendous patter. 

Yet, not a word about the UK deficit hitting £100bn with a soft no deal EU exit. And debt hitting 90% of GDP.

Just now, Old Hearts said:

😀😀😁

I'm just delighted to hear that, after all these years, they finally have a Currency plan in place. Not sure it's a step up from the 'it's oor poond tae' plan though. 😂

The pound is fecked. Ye can keep it.

36 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Such a sad post in so many ways. Sad that someone can try and belittle their country like this , sad that they actually think what they posted was funny, and sad that years of being forced fed lies about us being too wee, too poor and too stupid can brainwash people.

It all about Loyalism. Nothing else.

18 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

😀😀😁

I've never actually heard a sensible response to what's wrong with pegging a new currency to the pound sterling indefinitely, or simply using the pound sterling. I'd be interested if you actually do have a legitimate concern.

As an aside, currency seems to be one of those weird things which people talk about with 0.1% actual knowledge but 1,000,000% confidence in their opinion. It's really strange.

18 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

😀😀😁

Scotland leave sterling and the pound is a gonner. What do you think is propping it up? Money laundering London? 

20 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I've never actually heard a sensible response to what's wrong with pegging a new currency to the pound sterling indefinitely, or simply using the pound sterling. I'd be interested if you actually do have a legitimate concern.

As an aside, currency seems to be one of those weird things which people talk about with 0.1% actual knowledge but 1,000,000% confidence in their opinion. It's really strange.

Using the pound sterling??

So, nationalists want Independence..........but to still be part of the EU and their laws, while sharing the currency of a country that they have just left which is controlled by the Bank of England??

Where do I sign?

🤔😂

23 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scotland leave sterling and the pound is a gonner. What do you think is propping it up? Money laundering London? 

I very much doubt that is going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

So, nationalists want Independence..........but to still be part of the EU and their laws, while sharing the currency of a country that they have just left which is controlled by the Bank of England??

Where do I sign?

🤔😂

So you don't have a sensible argument against either of the two possibilities I posted, out of many.

Noted, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

So you don't have a sensible argument against either of the two possibilities I posted, out of many.

Noted, thanks.

And you can't answer how on earth this would make us 'Independent'?

Noted, thanks.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Where do I sign?

🤔😂

No they don’t tbh it was the idea of an economist at the time and was only one of a number of options. But granted the whole debate got completely bogged down with that argument. 
It was a ludicrous idea imo and needs binned if it’s still being mooted. 

And you can't answer how on earth this would make us 'Independent'?

Noted, thanks.

https://www.thebalance.com/fixed-exchange-rate-definition-pros-cons-examples-3306257

Oh wow, look at all these non-independent countries with pegged currencies.

image.thumb.png.337177b29b09fbc4a318afdc2348c72d.png

Done strawmanning and misrepresenting or do you wish to keep going?

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

https://www.thebalance.com/fixed-exchange-rate-definition-pros-cons-examples-3306257

Oh wow, look at all these non-independent countries with pegged currencies.

image.thumb.png.337177b29b09fbc4a318afdc2348c72d.png

Done strawmanning and misrepresenting or do you wish to keep going?

But why would you want to peg to the pound and not be in full control of your own currency?? .... Misleading people into thinking you will be fully Independent imho.

Okay so maybe, did you miss the word "indefinitely" in my original post? I doubt pegging to the pound long-term would be the way an independent Scotland would choose to go, but the whole point of pegging is that you can choose when to peg, and when not to, so you are in plenty of control of your own currency. Don't like the way the currency you're pegged to is looking? Un-peg and set a new value.

Money is, I guess, such a strange topic that people forget the whole point of it is to ease exchanges of goods
and services. At it's core, all it is, is a receipt for labour or service performed. So, in the early, uncertain days following independence, it seems sensible to peg to a relatively stable currency. Roxy Hearts points out, maybe pegging to Sterling would be bad because Sterling itself would be getting hammered by independence playing out. Perhaps pegging to Euro like Denmark does would make more sense. I don't know. It's a discussion forum, for discussing it.

Regardless, inventing a non-sequitur about how it makes you less independent doesn't help advance discussion at all.

Edited by Justin Z

13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Okay so maybe, did you miss the word "indefinitely" in my original post? I doubt pegging to the pound long-term would be the way an independent Scotland would choose to go, but the whole point of pegging is that you can choose when to peg, and when not to, so you are in plenty of control of your own currency. Don't like the way the currency you're pegged to is looking? Un-peg and set a new value.

Money is, I guess, such a strange topic that people forget the whole point of it is to ease exchanges of goods
and services. At it's core, all it is, is a receipt for labour or service performed. So, in the early, uncertain days following independence, it seems sensible to peg to a relatively stable currency. Roxy Hearts points out, maybe pegging to Sterling would be bad because Sterling itself would be getting hammered by independence playing out. Perhaps pegging to Euro like Denmark does would make more sense. I don't know. It's a discussion forum, for discussing it.

Regardless, inventing a non-sequitur about how it makes you less independent doesn't help advance discussion at all.

So, what will be our currency??

Like it or not, any movement away from the pound will be a HUGE vote loser for Independence. You will disagree I'm sure, but that's the reality in my opinion.

Edited by Old Hearts

12 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

So, what will be our currency??

Like it or not, any movement away from the pound will be a HUGE vote loser for Independence. You will disagree I'm sure, but that's the reality in my opinion.

I'm neither a fortune teller nor an economist. I have no idea what the currency will be. Regardless of the veracity of your claim that moving away from the pound would lose votes, a Pound Scots pegged to Sterling with messaging along the lines of "you'll be able to keep using the same money as you did before following independence" would likely assuage that. That's if we even take it for granted in the first place.

In anticipation of your objection: Life is more simple than the mantra of the dullards, "leave means leave". These are not black and white issues, they are complex, and require a lot of consideration and thought. Pegging to or using sterling for a few years for the sake of stability and ease of exchange is not earth-shattering.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I'm neither a fortune teller nor an economist. I have no idea what the currency will be. Regardless of the veracity of your claim that moving away from the pound would lose votes, a Pound Scots pegged to Sterling with messaging along the lines of "you'll be able to keep using the same money as you did before following independence" would likely assuage that. That's if we even take it for granted in the first place.

In anticipation of your objection: Life is more simple than the mantra of the dullards, "leave means leave". These are not black and white issues, they are complex, and require a lot of consideration and thought. Pegging to or using sterling for a few years for the sake of stability and ease of exchange is not earth-shattering.

So, you don't know what our currency will be? Let's hope those leading this charge for Independence have a plan then!? .... Perhaps would be a good idea for them to publicise this plan, so these 'dullards' you refer to are in possession of the FULL facts ahead of any Independence vote?

Or is it in the Nationalists best interest to just skip over this important detail, in the same way the Leave Campaign did with important facts, in an attempt to mislead the country and get their way?

How in the world would I, random Yank, know what the currency will be?

In this thread

Nobody:

Old Hearts: RAWR WHY ARE SCOTNATS SO AGGRESSIVE AND FULL OF NEGATIVITY AND ANGER AND ALWAYS ATTACKING UNIONISTS

Everybody:

--

People in thread: What a wonderful march, amazing day

Unionist: Scottish Cringe including teuchters and bawbees as currency

Roxy: Sterling is likely to lose value in the event of independence with Scotland's economy leaving the UK's

Old Hearts: LOL SCOTNATS ARE SO DUMB THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MONEY WORKS AND NEVER HAD A PROPOSAL

Me: Here's two short-term ideas I've heard were floated at the time, out of many--what do you think's wrong with them?

Old Hearts: LOL USING ANOTHER COUNTRY'S CURRENCY WHILE CLAIMING TO BE INDEPENDENT LOOOL

Me: Yeah that doesn't follow at all (list of various reasons why)

Old Hearts: But not using sterling will lose votes

Me: Maybe, but you could minimise that like this--also we've taken for granted that it would, who knows, maybe it wouldn't

Old Hearts: Lol because an American who didn't even arrive until after the referendum doesn't know what currency an independent Scotland will use, it follows that all ScotNats everywhere are dishonestly trying to mislead people for the sake of votes

Everyone: :facepalm:

One of the best ways to demonstrate a complete lack of good faith--nothing but thoughtless, ideological closed-mindedness--is by behaving the exact way you claim those you oppose behave.

So to answer you...

On 04/10/2019 at 08:09, Old Hearts said:

...why do you (and many like-minded folk like you) feel the need to be so constantly antagonistic all the time to those who don't share your opinions? 

Respecting others opinions and views with slightly less anger would perhaps make your views more palatable.

We don't. With reasonable people who have concerns about Scottish independence--in four years, I've seen plenty of conversations involving them and advocates and dissidents, and I listened intently before starting to come to my own conclusions. There are of course, and there always will be, exceptions. I refer to the overwhelming majority of interaction.

Where antagonism enters the equation is generally in response to provocation by people who claim to have a merely flexible view but who would in reality never change their mind.

You are not looking through a window, you are looking through a mirror, when you make your claims about anger and antagonistic nationalists.

Edited by Justin Z

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

How in the world would I, random Yank, know what the currency will be?

In this thread

Nobody:

Old Hearts: RAWR WHY ARE SCOTNATS SO AGGRESSIVE AND FULL OF NEGATIVITY AND ANGER AND ALWAYS ATTACKING UNIONISTS

Everybody:

--

People in thread: What a wonderful march, amazing day

Unionist: Scottish Cringe including teuchters and bawbees as currency

Roxy: Sterling is likely to lose value in the event of independence with Scotland's economy leaving the UK's

Old Hearts: LOL SCOTNATS ARE SO DUMB THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MONEY WORKS AND NEVER HAD A PROPOSAL

Me: Here's two short-term ideas I've heard were floated at the time, out of many--what do you think's wrong with them?

Old Hearts: LOL USING ANOTHER COUNTRY'S CURRENCY WHILE CLAIMING TO BE INDEPENDENT LOOOL

Me: Yeah that doesn't follow at all (list of various reasons why)

Old Hearts: But not using sterling will lose votes

Me: Maybe, but you could minimise that like this--also we've taken for granted that it would, who knows, maybe it wouldn't

Old Hearts: Lol because an American who didn't even arrive until after the referendum doesn't know what currency an independent Scotland will use, it follows that all ScotNats everywhere are dishonestly trying to mislead people for the sake of votes

Everyone: :facepalm:

One of the best ways to demonstrate a complete lack of good faith--nothing but thoughtless, ideological closed-mindedness--is by behaving the exact way you claim those you oppose behave.

So to answer you...

We don't. With reasonable people who have concerns about Scottish independence--in four years, I've seen plenty of conversations involving them and advocates and dissidents, and I listened intently before starting to come to my own conclusions. There are of course, and there always will be, exceptions. I refer to the overwhelming majority of interaction.

Where antagonism enters the equation is generally in response to provocation by people who claim to have a merely flexible view but who would in reality never change their mind.

You are not looking through a window, you are looking through a mirror, when you make your claims about anger and antagonistic nationalists.

So, in all that bluster above, we are still no clearer on the plan for the hugely important issue of currency going forward. 

What a waste of time all that was for you.

No thanks to you, with whom I was attempting to engage in conversation about what is an important subject, and who has offered absolutely nothing of substance or value.

7 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

What a waste of time all that was for you.

Addressing you at all? Correct. Which is exactly the point of the preceding post. You have nothing to contribute, because an open, honest discussion of merits, demerits, and challenges is not what you are after.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No thanks to you, with whom I was attempting to engage in conversation about what is an important subject, and who has offered absolutely nothing of substance or value.

Addressing you at all? Correct. Which is exactly the point of the preceding post. You have nothing to contribute, because an open, honest discussion of merits, demerits, and challenges is not what you are after.

No, I just want to know the Nats grand plan for currency in an Independent Scotland?? .... A pretty fundamental issue, wouldn't you say?

In 2014, the 'Team Scotland' couldn't answer this. You would think, 5 years on, they would have a clear strategy in place and articulating this to the wider population, so as to not mislead them (like they vociferously claim the Leave Campaign did over Brexit)??? 

The SNP claim Scotland is 'ready for Independence'?? So, give us the FULL facts and let us all decide for ourselves if we are for it or not?

Surely after 5 years of doing nothing else other than ignoring the democratic will of the Scottish people and continuing to bang on about Independence, they will have a clear, workable plan in place for currency going forward? Surely to God they do 🤔🙄

coconut doug
9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

A depressingly familiar sequence of exchanges.  

15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

And as for offering nothing of substance or value on the important subject of currency.....

I am happy to remain part of the Union and to continue to use the pound. It is up to Nationalists to persuade me and others like me that their idea for change is better. .... That's how it works.

No, I just want to know the Nats grand plan for currency in an Independent Scotland??

Then why have you shown so little interest in that, especially compared to your use of tthe unsupported assertion that there is no plan to be antagonistic and provocative toward people you don't agree with?

In 2014, the 'Team Scotland' couldn't answer this. You would think, 5 years on, they would have a clear strategy in place and articulating this to the wider population, so as to not mislead them (like they vociferously claim the Leave Campaign did over Brexit)???

And this is just simply false, the other sign you have zero desire to have a discussion in good faith. There's a white paper. Read it. I'll even help you with a page number. 110. I don't agree with the idea there, but, once again, I have the humility to admit I'm not an economist. I doubt if it didn't get a great deal of consideration then, or that it isn't getting a great deal of consideration now.

1 minute ago, Old Hearts said:

And as for offering nothing of substance or value on the important subject of currency.....

I am happy to remain part of the Union and to continue to use the pound. It is up to Nationalists to persuade me and others like me that their idea for change is better. .... That's how it works.

No, that is how ideologues waste the time of people they oppose, knowing there is only a finite quantity of time they can devote to the subject and taking it away from people with genuine open minds. You'll be getting no more of mine.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Then why have you shown so little interest in that, especially compared to your use of tthe unsupported assertion that there is no plan to be antagonistic and provocative toward people you don't agree with?

And this is just simply false, the other sign you have zero desire to have a discussion in good faith. There's a white paper. Read it. I'll even help you with a page number. 110. I don't agree with the idea there, but, once again, I have the humility to admit I'm not an economist. I doubt if it didn't get a great deal of consideration then, or that it isn't getting a great deal of consideration now.

No, that is how ideologues waste the time of people they oppose, knowing there is only a finite quantity of time they can devote to the subject and taking it away from people with genuine open minds. You'll be getting no more of mine.

So, the grand plan for the resolution of this important matter is hidden on page 110 in some dated white paper?? ..... Must be a great workable plan that will be really palatable to the electorate that is so well advertised and signposted by the SNP.

Or.........they know their plan is weak, & they are trying to bury it hoping people won't ask too many questions about it.

It's one of the above.....

coconut doug

You are then happy to have the value of the pound manipulated to support speculators in the London property market and the City to the detriment of industry all over the rest of the country. IMO this has damaged the UK massively making us the most unequal country in the west apart from the USA. An economy so dependent on "financial services" is an unbalanced economy vulnerable to collapse as happened in 2008. The pound suffered badly then and will again when the next crash comes. 

6 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You are then happy to have the value of the pound manipulated to support speculators in the London property market and the City to the detriment of industry all over the rest of the country. IMO this has damaged the UK massively making us the most unequal country in the west apart from the USA. An economy so dependent on "financial services" is an unbalanced economy vulnerable to collapse as happened in 2008. The pound suffered badly then and will again when the next crash comes. 

You can try to denounce the pound in any way you like to fit your agenda if you like......but there is no getting away from the FACT that it is still one of the strongest currencies in the world.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

So, the grand plan for the resolution of this important matter is hidden on page 110 in some dated white paper?? ..... Must be a great workable plan that will be really palatable to the electorate that is so well advertised and signposted by the SNP.

Or.........they know their plan is weak, & they are trying to bury it hoping people won't ask too many questions about it.

It's one of the above.....

Be honest....nothing will convince you and that’s fine btw there’s nothing wrong with wanting the status quo. 
It’s the ones that kiddy on they could be convinced if x,y and z was covered. 
I honestly don’t know how people don’t get depressed constantly ripping Scotland and seemingly being delighted to tell everyone it would absolutely shite and collapse on its own. I maintain this will bite you all hard on the backside one day. England maybe didn’t pay any attention in the past but the louder you shout how skint we are and how much we rely on their money the more likely this will explode in your face. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Be honest....nothing will convince you and that’s fine btw there’s nothing wrong with wanting the status quo. 
It’s the ones that kiddy on they could be convinced if x,y and z was covered. 
I honestly don’t know how people don’t get depressed constantly ripping Scotland and seemingly being delighted to tell everyone it would absolutely shite and collapse on its own. I maintain this will bite you all hard on the backside one day. England maybe didn’t pay any attention in the past but the louder you shout how skint we are and how much we rely on their money the more likely this will explode in your face. 

I am not 'ripping Scotland'. I am 100% proud to say I am Scottish and am proud of our nation. I am also not doubting that an Independent Scotland may well be a success ........ but, my personal view is that we are better off being part of the Union. That's all. I don't buy in to this 'hating' England rubbish, wanting to shout them down constantly.

Sadly, in the eyes of many on here, that makes me some sort of Union flag waving, xenophobic loon. ..... That is sad and frustrating, but so be it. It is clear that some are so entrenched in their hatred of the Union that they see anyone with opposing views as 'enemies'.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

I am not 'ripping Scotland'. I am 100% proud to say I am Scottish and am proud of our nation. I am also not doubting that an Independent Scotland may well be a success ........ but, my personal view is that we are better off being part of the Union. That's all. I don't buy in to this 'hating' England rubbish, wanting to shout them down constantly.

Sadly, in the eyes of many on here, that makes me some sort of Union flag waving, xenophobic loon. ..... That is sad and frustrating, but so be it. It is clear that some are so entrenched in their hatred of the Union that they see anyone with opposing views as 'enemies'.

I don’t hate the English...I’ve no doubt some idiots in the nationalist movement do but the majority absolutely do not. Just like orange jacket QT man hates his own people that aren’t proddies and his own country it’s not everyone that can be tarred with the same brush. I don’t lump you in with him bud although I personally know people who think exactly like him.

I’ve spent a lot of time working in England and have had English girlfriends etc and have good pals down south it really isn’t about hating anybody imo. 
Believing in the union is fine man I have no problems with that either, some of my best pals and family think the same. 
There is no English hating from me. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t hate the English...I’ve no doubt some idiots in the nationalist movement do but the majority absolutely do not. Just like orange jacket QT man hates his own people that aren’t proddies and his own country it’s not everyone that can be tarred with the same brush. I don’t lump you in with him bud although I personally know people who think exactly like him.

I’ve spent a lot of time working in England and have had English girlfriends etc and have good pals down south it really isn’t about hating anybody imo. 
Believing in the union is fine man I have no problems with that either, some of my best pals and family think the same. 
There is no English hating from me. 

I was not meaning you personally when referring to hating the English. Apologies. Was being too generalistic in a reply to your specific post.

4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

One of the worst things about the run up to the vote was the “you’ll wake up tomorrow with no currency” Problem is things like that , immigration and oil were used to tell lies to push neutrals over the line along with further devolution.

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I had a mate who didn’t think he’d get the BBC anymore and in particular his favourite Radio 2 😐 

Its hard to believe that there is people in this country who are this dumb tbh. 
Maybe they’re right, cos on the evidence of posts like that we definitely are too stupid...

Governments thrive on stupidity. A highly educated electorate would be a threat to them. At the last Indy Ref, Lamont was outside a feckin Asda with a banner !

coconut doug
5 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

You can try to denounce the pound in any way you like to fit your agenda if you like......but there is no getting away from the FACT that it is still one of the strongest currencies in the world.

On what basis can you claim, as a fact that the pound is one of the strongest currencies in the world? The strength of a currency is based on its comparative value with other currencies. On that basis the pound is one of, if not the weakest currencies in the developed world. The value of the pound has decreased as long as i can remember as has the strength of the UK economy. This has absolutely nothing to do with my agenda whatever you think it might be. 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Governments thrive on stupidity. A highly educated electorate would be a threat to them. At the last Indy Ref, Lamont was outside a feckin Asda with a banner !

What did the banner say?

”what is an Asda?”

7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

On what basis can you claim, as a fact that the pound is one of the strongest currencies in the world? The strength of a currency is based on its comparative value with other currencies. On that basis the pound is one of, if not the weakest currencies in the developed world. The value of the pound has decreased as long as i can remember as has the strength of the UK economy. This has absolutely nothing to do with my agenda whatever you think it might be. 

https://fxssi.com/top-10-of-the-strongest-world-currencies-in-current-year

Just now, coconut doug said:

Are you actually serious? This utterly meaningless table has absolutely nothing to do with the strength of currencies. No wonder you post the things you do if this is your level of understanding.

Your level of understanding is sadly blinkered. Yes, the pound has fallen in recent years, but to suggest the pound is not still one of the strongest currencies in the world is, quite frankly, stupid.

14 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

What's propping up the pound? I dont care what currency we use with 

self governance. It's up to economists to sort it out. The Scottish economy will give it its value. The pound will be devalued when one of its biggest assets leaves but if we can get Westminster to think maturely, which we know is difficult, we could come to a temporary transitional arrangement that suits both parties. 

coconut doug
5 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Your level of understanding is sadly blinkered. Yes, the pound has fallen in recent years, but to suggest the pound is not still one of the strongest currencies in the world is, quite frankly, stupid.

I said it was one of the weakest in the developed world to suggest otherwise is once again not debating in good faith and not comparing like with like. Which currencies in the developed world have been out performed in recent years by the pound?

BTW the pound has been in a slow steady decline for a century not just "recent years".

5 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I said it was one of the weakest in the developed world to suggest otherwise is once again not debating in good faith and not comparing like with like. Which currencies in the developed world have been out performed in recent years by the pound?

BTW the pound has been in a slow steady decline for a century not just "recent years".

Well, that is just utter rubbish. 

More than willing to debate things in here with folk that know what they are talking about, but you are just spouting lies to suit your blinkered view of the world.

There is no reasoning with some people. I'm out.

coconut doug

Well, that is just utter rubbish. 

More than willing to debate things in here with folk that know what they are talking about, but you are just spouting lies to suit your blinkered view of the world.

There is no reasoning with some people. I'm out.

You get called all sorts on here but i don't think i've been called a liar before.  This is also the second time you have run away after being challenged by me.

What exactly do you claim i am lying about? Is is 

A The notion that the UK currency has been dropping in value for a century.

B That i was comparing the currencies of developed countries and not those of Zimbabwe or Venezuela with the pound

or

C The notion that you are not debating in good faith.

And i base my blinkered view of the world on evidence and information, why don't you have any to back up your views other than a meaningless table? I don't blame you for being embarrassed and wanting to get away from the debate but i do take exception to being called a liar. The least you could do is demonstrate precisely where i have lied. 

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

You get called all sorts on here but i don't think i've been called a liar before.  This is also the second time you have run away after being challenged by me.

What exactly do you claim i am lying about? Is is 

A The notion that the UK currency has been dropping in value for a century.

B That i was comparing the currencies of developed countries and not those of Zimbabwe or Venezuela with the pound

or

C The notion that you are not debating in good faith.

And i base my blinkered view of the world on evidence and information, why don't you have any to back up your views other than a meaningless table? I don't blame you for being embarrassed and wanting to get away from the debate but i do take exception to being called a liar. The least you could do is demonstrate precisely where i have lied. 

I have had enough of your childish, blinkered views on the UK. You are infantile to the extreme. I no longer have the inclination to discuss anything with you. You are, in my view, a lost cause. 

If you want to call it running away, fine. I think I will get over your playground antics.