Independence March Edinburgh 5th Oct

North Berwick Jambo

North Berwick Jambo

It looks like being a record turnout on Saturday in Edinburgh for the AUOB march for independence with some reports suggesting that up to 250,000 folk could turn up. Anyone on here heading along to join in the fun? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Hearts

• Justin Z

• Roxy Hearts

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

Seville calculator estimate

there aren’t that many people who can iron their kilt and find a big feather by then

16 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

It looks like being a record turnout on Saturday in Edinburgh for the AUOB march for independence with some reports suggesting that up to 250,000 folk could turn up. Anyone on here heading along to join in the fun? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Wish the weather were looking better, but it ought to be a cracking time regardless!

I know a few folk who I'd never have put as that into politics or Pro Yes that are going according to my Facebook. 

I'll be at Tynie though.

North Berwick Jambo

I don’t mind missing one game for this, Although i am surprised that all of my family including my daughters are all also heading up town to join the march for the first time.

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

been here before
1 hour ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

This bit is true. Millions could turn up, 250 000 could turn up but they wont.

Ill be at Tynecastle like any other normal person along with a significant number of wierdos, freaks and oddballs.

Edited by been here before

Howdy Doody Jambo

More pollution, traffic at a standstill for hours, people with too much time on their hands waving a flag 

willie wallace
1 hour ago, obua said:

Leaves the park at 1.

Cheers.Maybe fit in a wee visit between finishing work and going to Tynie🤗

been here before
8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

what's the route for the March?

Google is your friend here. There are numerous results giving you the answer.

Planning travelling down from the Highlands for the march at 1pm and then the match after, making a day of it 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻

Francis Albert

Everyone knows there are far more than 1m let alone a quarter of a million who want Scottish independence. So what exactly is the point of this march?

I mean if it was some sort of revolutionary vanguard storming the equivalent of the Winter Palace (St Andrews House?) then I could sort of see the point. But a demonstration that there are a lot of people who want Scottish independence?

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Everyone knows there are far more than 1m let alone a quarter of a million who want Scottish independence. So what exactly is the point of this march?

I mean if it was some sort of revolutionary vanguard storming the equivalent of the Winter Palace (St Andrews House?) then I could sort of see the point. But a demonstration that there are a lot of people who want Scottish independence?

Very much my thoughts, what is the point of this marches or any march tbh. Seems like a total waste of time, energy and money to me.

If you read the media or listen to the Tories there is no appetite, I suppose this is a way of showing that there is.

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Marriott said:

If you read the media or listen to the Tories there is no appetite, I suppose this is a way of showing that there is.

5 years ago in a "once in a generation referendum" 45% voted yes. The SNP has consistently formed the devolved Scottish government. This been widely reported in the media. 

132goals1958
3 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

More pollution, traffic at a standstill for hours, people with too much time on their hands waving a flag 

Exactly

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

As in exactly wrong. It’s amusing you are both blaming the people who are walking for the pollution rather than the people sitting in their cars with their engines on. 

Do you drive? Or ever take a bus?  Like people who do have some other objective than demonstrating the bleeding obvious.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I do drive, I never need to take a bus. 

I didn’t understand the rest of your post. 

Some do drive and do use buses. Why should they be inconvienced by a minority  who feel the need to demonstrate the obvious fact that a lot of people share their views?

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I do drive, I never need to take a bus. L

I didn’t understand the rest of your post. 

The rest of my post  is about people not like you.

5 years ago in a "once in a generation referendum" 45% voted yes. The SNP has consistently formed the devolved Scottish government. This been widely reported in the media. 

Once in a generation aye? Did big Eck say that?

Cant ever imagine a politicians “post truth” statement being regurgitated!

Better together. 

Almost like federalism. 

Dont leave, lead. 

A nation of equals.

Pooling & sharing. 

The Vow. 

Vote No & stay in the EU. 

Etc. 

Now theres proper “post truth” for ye! That’s how its done. 

Mon the AUOB marchers!!!

132goals1958
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

As in exactly wrong. It’s amusing you are both blaming the people who are walking for the pollution rather than the people sitting in their cars with their engines on. 

Strange you find it amusing. Seldom take my car into the City Centre,  walk regularly as part of my exercise routine. Take the bus when I wish a refreshment. Don’t see the point of the march which is a waste of tax payers money. Just for the record  my sentiments would be the same if it was a unionist event. 

How does one cross town for pre match luncheon and drinks avoid this rabble?

Edited by systemx

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Once in a generation aye? Did big Eck say that?

Cant ever imagine a politicians “post truth” statement being regurgitated!

Better together. 

Almost like federalism. 

Dont leave, lead. 

A nation of equals.

Pooling & sharing. 

The Vow. 

Vote No & stay in the EU. 

Etc. 

Now theres proper “post truth” for ye! That’s how its done. 

Mon the AUOB marchers!!!

Could you repeat that in something like coherent sentences. If so I will reply.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

In a country where 99% of the media either attacks or ignores the case for independence (despite around half the country supporting it and a lot more open to the idea) grassroots stuff like this, and the alternative media and social media activity, is probably needed to keep folk engaged. Grassroots campaigning is what got Obama elected and it will be 100% responsible for a Yes win if that ever happens. 

Plus every event like this that passes off with zero trouble further shows up the claims from the Unionist side of "division" etc, etc to be the made-up nonsense it is.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In a country where 99% of the media either attacks or ignores the case for independence (despite around half the country supporting it and a lot more open to the idea) grassroots stuff like this, and the alternative media and social media activity, is probably needed to keep folk engaged. Grassroots campaigning is what got Obama elected and it will be 100% responsible for a Yes win if that ever happens. 

Plus every event like this that passes off with zero trouble further shows up the claims from the Unionist side of "division" etc, etc to be the made-up nonsense it is.

The idea that a division on  unionism is made up nonsense is about as delusionalist as you can get. 

I mean it is blidingly obvious that about half or maybe  more of Scotland is unionist. 

Edited by Francis Albert

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The idea that unionism is made up nonsense is about as delusionalist as you can get. 

No, it's the "division" part pushed by the media and politicians that is nonsense.

There has probably never been a more civil and non-violent independence movement in history. The fact that the very worse example anyone can come up with is one egg thrown at Jim Murphy (when egging has a long and proud history in politics) kind of proves that. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Propaganda is the key for Unionists otherwise they have nothing. It's an uphill battle trying get people on side with self governance. Too many cowards who think economics is the be all and end all. Honestly can't believe some of the crap that goes around. 

If we are so destitute as a country with no value or assets then why are we so important? 

This is all rhetorical. Ta. 

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The idea that a division on  unionism is made up nonsense is about as delusionalist as you can get. 

I mean it is blidingly obvious that about half or maybe  more of Scotland is unionist. 

I already replied but you edited your post since. Every election is divisive then isn't it but we never hear about that, just "divisive" Scottish independence?

In Scotland there is a hard core of about 30% who will never, ever vote Yes. These are Tories, British nationalists, Orange Order, older people, people who don't even want devolution (25% voted against it after all). The rest is up for grabs. Put it this way, in the last referendum Yes started at 29% and probably would've won the way the polls were going if it wasn't for the last minute "Vow". And that was with ZERO media support.

In the next one Yes will START the campaign with over 45-48%. And when even one of the architects of the Vow, the Daily record editor Murray Foote, is now an independence supporter, it'll be pretty close.

Point is (relating to marches and why they're needed) is would it be too much to expect a media that recognises how close it is and provides coverage that reflects that? If not, well marches it is I suppose (not a fan myself).

Edited by ToqueJambo