Independence March Edinburgh 5th Oct

North Berwick Jambo

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

What he also said was it's a "myth... which has grown arms and legs".

Which is incorrect in that it happened.

It's certainly grown arms and legs regards its relevance and importance to some!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Hearts

• Justin Z

• Roxy Hearts

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Old Tolbooth
29 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Typed in 'Once in a generation' into youtube, this appears...…..but apparently nobody said it.

And quite clearly made by someone with a unionist agenda, it's not difficult to see that, careful you don't start believing what the BBC tell you as well mate... 

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

According to one poster you quoted, who actually said they didn't recall it.

Do you have an opinion on the actual relevance of the "once in a lifetime" statement, in relation to where we are now?

Well that one poster, along with saying he didn't recall it, also said it was a myth that had grown arms and legs.

We all know it was said, but we also know that it doesn't matter what politicians say today, because you can bet they'll say the opposite tomorrow.

I think the statement, as to where we are now, shows the people who are not particularly politically minded, and I put myself into that category, show's that any kind of uncertain break up's from any kind of union is not all that the politicians, from either side, would have you believe.

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And quite clearly made by someone with a unionist agenda, it's not difficult to see that, careful you don't start believing what the BBC tell you as well mate... 

When the BBC weather report comes on, I still look outside to make sure, that's how bad they have become 😉

44 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

The 'myth' that nobody said 'Once in a generation' seems to be becoming a bit of a myth itself, I suppose the more you say it to yourself the more you become convinced that it's true.

Not that it really matters, as we all know that the majority of politicians are lying shysters, if we haven't learnt that over the last 5-6 years, then there is no hope for us.

Braw. Like buses!!!

You think theres only one then you get 2!

Like.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

When the BBC weather report comes on, I still look outside to make sure, that's how bad they have become 😉

I'll drink to that :beer:

Is the greetin coming for the unionist supporters that a politician said something 5 years ago but now appears to be going back on what they said?

Really???

12 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Well that one poster, along with saying he didn't recall it, also said it was a myth that had grown arms and legs.

We all know it was said, but we also know that it doesn't matter what politicians say today, because you can bet they'll say the opposite tomorrow.

I think the statement, as to where we are now, shows the people who are not particularly politically minded, and I put myself into that category, show's that any kind of uncertain break up's from any kind of union is not all that the politicians, from either side, would have you believe.

Fair comment!

jack D and coke

So because we noted No the U.K. can do whatever the want overruling us whenever they like and we’ve just got to swallow it aye? Bullshit! If the SNP has independence in their manifesto and they get enough votes we have a referendum when we want. Just the same as if we got indy and then a party campaigned to re-join the U.K. If they got the required majority then WE decide. 
Imagine the EU turned round and said you’ve had your referendum your not having another one :lol: 

Imagine the English unionists frothing and pishing their troosers then. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Imo it’s the other way round.
Any thread on this board that has any independence theme gets trolled back to the Stone Age by unionists with literally nothing to say other that antagonise or use childish names for people and they get away with repeatedly. If you react in any way you get a warning and thread banned yet they are allowed to continue trolling. I’ve been reported to mods by a couple of big girls blouses on the indy threads because I called them a fud or something equally trivial. 
The palpable smell of fear amongst union supporters is....well....smelly imo. 

There is a big wide world outside of JKB you know.

My point was about Scottish Nationalism as a whole in Society. In general, their mantra is you are not Scottish unless you support Scottish Nationalism. Which, in my opinion, is just plain wrong.

coconut doug
10 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

My point was about Scottish Nationalism as a whole in Society. In general, their mantra is you are not Scottish unless you support Scottish Nationalism. Which, in my opinion, is just plain wrong.

You should be able to find many examples of this mantra. Any chance you could share them?

BRAVEHEART1874

Dont get this once in a generation moaning this was one mans opinion on the andrew marr show lmao. Is he still the leader? ;) 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Oh sorry i live my entire existence on here pal I wasn’t aware. 
You are failing to see it reflected back at you, you are seeing in your way.  
I see it entirely the other way the people who I know are staunch unionists are anything but Scots. Almost anti scottish now. Absolutely overjoyed when they hear bad news about anything happening here or when they see that nonsense deficit claiming we’re broke without English tax payers firing money up our arse. 
That will come back to bite you all on the backside one day. 

Brexiters lied...as most politicians do however they now have a deal which the house will not approve. 

simple

another vote.... choose a deal which is not even closed to what was promised or vote to remain. 

if we vote again to remain but the rest of the uk votes to leave then indy will happen and we will become a independent nation

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh sorry i live my entire existence on here pal I wasn’t aware. 
You are failing to see it reflected back at you, you are seeing in your way.  
I see it entirely the other way the people who I know are staunch unionists are anything but Scots. Almost anti scottish now. Absolutely overjoyed when they hear bad news about anything happening here or when they see that nonsense deficit claiming we’re broke without English tax payers firing money up our arse. 
That will come back to bite you all on the backside one day. 

Your last line isn't at all antagonist, aggressive or laced with any hint of anger....

jack D and coke
Just now, Old Hearts said:

Your last line isn't at all antagonist, aggressive or laced with any hint of anger....

No it isn’t. It’s fact. 
All this going on and on about how much of a Union dividend we apparently get is filtering through to the English brexit voters. The last GE pictures of Salmond wearing a burglars outfit dipping an English person pocket and then we now have outspoken scottish MP’s at WM. 

Ive often thought Scotland will get its independence when England decides. 
Just like everything else really. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No it isn’t. It’s fact. 
All this going on and on about how much of a Union dividend we apparently get is filtering through to the English brexit voters. The last GE pictures of Salmond wearing a burglars outfit dipping an English person pocket and then we now have outspoken scottish MP’s at WM. 

Ive often thought Scotland will get its independence when England decides. 
Just like everything else really. 

Not only outspoken Scottish MP's at WM, but even have them singing Scots Wha Hae.

Cringe.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Old Hearts said:

Not only outspoken Scottish MP's at WM, but even have them singing Scots Wha Hae.

Cringe.

:lol: 

Im not onto all that myself. It’s better than FOS though that makes my skin crawl now. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im not onto all that myself. It’s better than FOS though that makes my skin crawl now. 

😀👍

Agreed. Find us a better national anthem, and I might even consider voting Yes. 😄

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A majority of Scots voted Yes. But unlike the EUref, foreigners were allowed the voted. Not the next time tho.

Always puzzled me that.

If people from overseas were allowed to vote in the Independence referendum why was that right not extended to people from overseas who are resident in the UK ?

Both groups are/were affected by the outcomes of the votes.

Seems very unfair.

8 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

Supporting Scottish Nationalism is, of course, your absolute right, but why do you (and many like-minded folk like you) feel the need to be so constantly antagonistic all the time to those who don't share your opinions? 

Respecting others opinions and views with slightly less anger would perhaps make your views more palatable.

He started it. 👍 Seems you and others always miss that bit, tho.

indianajones

Are people really arguing the toss about the 'once in a generation' statement? Really?

I think you should be more focused on how this nation was LIED too immediatley after the referendum by those in power at Westminster. 

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What are conspiracy theorists? Other than tragic, gormless, thick, weird, insane, manic, Jakeys, Junkies, suspect, suspicious, easily led and outright embarrassing. 

Where's ma flag?

Think you covered most of my flaws there 🙂

15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Unless they're UF's with Gorgie Rules embroidered across them, Jakey boy.

:jjyay:

Exception that proves the rule 😁

On 03/10/2019 at 15:33, North Berwick Jambo said:

It looks like being a record turnout on Saturday in Edinburgh for the AUOB march for independence with some reports suggesting that up to 250,000 folk could turn up. Anyone on here heading along to join in the fun? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Yeah, I'll be there before boosting to Tynie. Always a great atmosphere at these things, so much positivity and happiness. 

Hope everyone that goes has a great day.

10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Very much this be easier just holding a sign stating what a arsehole you are imo. 

Anyway people can march or whatever as long as it confines of law. Not for me but I get lots of people are into this, so just hoping doesn’t interfere with me getting to Tynie. 

Though I guess I will see some arseholes waving flags either way😉

Flags comfort primitive minds.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Yeah, I'll be there before boosting to Tynie. Always a great atmosphere at these things, so much positivity and happiness.   tenor.gif

4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

You should be able to find many examples of this mantra. Any chance you could share them?

how about this

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13179296.silver-medallist-lynsey-sharp-fms-being-unfair-to-no-voting-scots-with-his-team-scotland-label/

Or this

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/devolution/2017/04/extreme-scottish-nationalists-hunting-lapdogs-and-traitors

Edited by Hasselhoff

32 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

Is that it? The British have been murdering their way for centuries through the empire with treacherous Scots and you're bothered about a few words. 

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Is that it? The British have been murdering their way for centuries through the empire with treacherous Scots and you're bothered about a few words. 

Have a word with yourself man. Not enough facepalms for that sort of rhetoric.

Just now, Old Hearts said:

Have a word with yourself man. Not enough facepalms for that sort of rhetoric.

Rhetoric? Have a word with your own self. Away in get a history book. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Rhetoric? Have a word with your own self. Away in get a history book. 

More interested in the here and now than things that happened hundreds of years ago ffs

5 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

More interested in the here and now than things that happened hundreds of years ago ffs

OK. Iraq? Tony Blair the idiot. Humans, kids included, have died because of Westminster. The Scots nats are bad though! Not enough facepalms you say? 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

OK. Iraq? Tony Blair the idiot. Humans, kids included, have died because of Westminster. The Scots nats are bad though! Not enough facepalms you say? 

Yup. Not enough facepalms

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Typical! Thanks for confirming your idiocy. 

Antagonistic, aggressive and angry. 

Thanks for confirming your stereotype.

2 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Antagonistic, aggressive and angry. 

Thanks for confirming your stereotype.

If I'm all that what does that make the British Empire or Westminster? I've never maimed a human being in my life and I'm angry at the antagonising nature of Brit Nats like yourself. I don't recollect any Scot Nat murdering anyone for imperial interests. 

Unknown user

Democracy doesn't end with a vote, even if you got the result you wanted, it's a continuing conversation with votes as milestones. 

"No, we can't have a vote, because democracy" is the stupidest stance ever.

50 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

If I'm all that what does that make the British Empire or Westminster? I've never maimed a human being in my life and I'm angry at the antagonising nature of Brit Nats like yourself. I don't recollect any Scot Nat murdering anyone for imperial interests. 

Oh no, all Scottish Nationalist members are fine, upstanding citizens....

Alex Salmond?

Ian Blackford?

5 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Oh no, all Scottish Nationalist members are fine, upstanding citizens....

Alex Salmond?

Ian Blackford?

Who have they murdered to further their cause? If Salmond is found guilty of what he's accused of then he should get what's coming to him. I don't think there will be any issues at the march but if there is it will be some Brit Nat like that idiot that turns up with his megaphone. I will be at Tynecastle. 

2 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

Boris Johnson.

Jacob Rees Mogg

Michael Gove

Pritti Patel

etc etc etc

Scottish Nationalists hate talking about their past...

A cult which i hope will be forgotten about within a generation or my lifetime but as long as the face painted Braveheart loons keep kicking over the embers of some long forgotten grievance the Scottish Goverment sitting in the Scottish Parliament that they fought tooth and nail for presides over calamity after calamity.

9 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

A cult which i hope will be forgotten about within a generation or my lifetime but as long as the face painted Braveheart loons keep kicking over the embers of some long forgotten grievance the Scottish Goverment sitting in the Scottish Parliament that they fought tooth and nail for presides over calamity after calamity.

Why do some people hate their own country ?

When it comes to presiding over calamity Westminster is really the mother of all calamitous parliaments.

Scotland has went from strength to strength since devolution.

We have never been better off in Scotland despite Westminster efforts.

25 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

Someone has opened the asylum and are missing an inmate.

I've got a wedding tomorrow, so won't be along myself but just heard my uncle - who has never been on a political march in his life - is going tomorrow. Could be high numbers but suspect weather may end up deterring a fair few. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

I'd say I'm a nationalist in that I generally want Scottish independence.

Have to say I'm interested to know what past you think I hate talking about!