Independence March Edinburgh 5th Oct

North Berwick Jambo

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That attitude is precisely why they will never win over the neutrals in an Independence referendum.

But you voted yes didn't you???? Or are you yet another lying unionist troll

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Hearts

• Justin Z

• Roxy Hearts

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Typical unionist troll. Caught out lying through their teeth and divert. Get a life. And by the way, when is the last time you posted about Heart of Midlothian??? 

Lying?? What did I lie about exactly?? .... If you are naive enough to think the James Connolly Society only support the IRA in its pre-terrorism guise, then that's your lookout.

Have absolutely no idea what point you are failing miserably to imply with your last sentence 😂

1 minute ago, Old Hearts said:

Lying?? What did I lie about exactly?? .... If you are naive enough to think the James Connolly Society only support the IRA in its pre-terrorism guise, then that's your lookout.

Have absolutely no idea what point you are failing miserably to imply with your last sentence 😂

Last reply as it's obviously wasting my time with a unionist troll but. The James Connolly society supports someone who left Edinburgh to fight against the British in Ireland.  My second point was that you seem to only post your unionist propaganda and never about the team that this board is dedicated to. Bye

Just now, XB52 said:

Last reply as it's obviously wasting my time with a unionist troll but. The James Connolly society supports someone who left Edinburgh to fight against the British in Ireland.  My second point was that you seem to only post your unionist propaganda and never about the team that this board is dedicated to. Bye

So they don't support the current guise of the IRA then, no? .... Glad we cleared that up 😂

As for your second point, how do you know this? ... Yet it is me that has to 'get a life' 😂

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

But you voted yes didn't you???? Or are you yet another lying unionist troll

You can check my posting history - its a public record.

I don't respect parties that have a selective view on democracy.  It makes them look serial losers.

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

International trade, agriculture, fisheries, immigration, environment.

I'm going to lose sleep thinking about the dastardly EU. We won't trade, our farms will dry up, the fish will go into hiding, we will have too many foreign people and the sun won't shine? Thanks EU. 

6 hours ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Don't want to be governed by Westminster but falling over themselves to be ruled by Brussels and people wonder where the anti English sentiment comes from...

The UK wasn't/isn't ruled by Brussels. Do you think England would accept the UK if the rolls were reversed?

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

That attitude is precisely why they will never win over the neutrals in an Independence referendum.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

AUOFB

5 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

International trade, agriculture, fisheries, immigration, environment.

5 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

Arsehole eh.......reverting to type. Antagonist and angry.

You lot are all the same.

Tick Tock Traitors!

Really enjoyed the march yesterday and pleased to say that my Hearts attire went down very well with fellow free thinking aspirational Scots from all over the world.

Fantastic, upbeat carnival atmosphere... Until passing the wee union loving trolls on the mile - not one of them had a smile on their face! Utterly bizzare way to spend an afternoon.  I suppose scowls, torn faces will happen when you stand looking like a chump for 3 hours as tens/hundreds of thousands of your rivals walk past with glee and hope in their hearts. 

Unfortunately the march was too large to get everyone in one photograph, which is remarkable. Hopefully over the next few days more images become available. 

0_Screen-Shot-2019-10-05-at-163510.png

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The UK wasn't/isn't ruled by Brussels. 

Ok technically you are correct, Strasbourg and Luxembourg have a big say in what the UK can and can't do also. Just out of interest why do you think the majority of the UK voted to leave the EU? Was it just because they fancied standing in a different queue when coming back from their yearly pilgrimage to Benidorm?

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tick Tock Traitors!

Tick Tock ...... I hope your clock is as wound up as you evidently are. Because based on the small number of marchers yesterday, you are in for a long wait 😎 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Ok technically you are correct, Strasbourg and Luxembourg have a big say in what the UK can and can't do also. Just out of interest why do you think the majority of the UK voted to leave the EU? Was it just because they fancied standing in a different queue when coming back from their yearly pilgrimage to Benidorm?

Would you say Ireland is independent from say Spain? The U.K. from Portugal? Or are they governed from Brussels? 
I was for a brexit at the time but I had literally no idea what it meant I’ll be honest. 
It’s English nationalism and fair play to them they had their chance to regain their sovereignty and didn’t shite it like the “Scots”. 

3fingersreid
6 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

AUOFB

You’ll need to help me out , too early to work that out 😂😂

31 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Tick Tock ...... I hope your clock is as wound up as you evidently are. Because based on the small number of marchers yesterday, you are in for a long wait 😎 

You are entitled to your opinion but to say a small number of marchers is just a state of denial.

Did you expect every single nationalist  is to turn up yesterday. Many of us had other things to do like supporting Hearts.

Wish I had gone to the march instead😕

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Really enjoyed the march yesterday and pleased to say that my Hearts attire went down very well with fellow free thinking aspirational Scots from all over the world.

Fantastic, upbeat carnival atmosphere... Until passing the wee union loving trolls on the mile - not one of them had a smile on their face! Utterly bizzare way to spend an afternoon.  I suppose scowls, torn faces will happen when you stand looking like a chump for 3 hours as tens/hundreds of thousands of your rivals walk past with glee and hope in their hearts. 

Unfortunately the march was too large to get everyone in one photograph, which is remarkable. Hopefully over the next few days more images become available. 

0_Screen-Shot-2019-10-05-at-163510.png

:greatpost:

Had such an amazing day. Regarding the protesters, it really did enrage them even worse that we all smiled and waved and invited them to join us!

Really had to laugh at their brass neck to make their logo a heart-shaped union flag with "A Force For Good" across it as well! :rofl:Their Facebook page is nothing but butthurt and seethe.

image.thumb.png.e9b8c002497f0744baabf928bb91dc5d.png

In sharp contrast to my Georgian friend and erstwhile classmate Ivan who was all smiles all day. He was not alone in that by a longshot. As for the Unionist protesters, we discussed yesterday that they're really quite unhappy, but somehow haven't correlated that to their beliefs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Would you say Ireland is independent from say Spain? The U.K. from Portugal? Or are they governed from Brussels? 
I was for a brexit at the time but I had literally no idea what it meant I’ll be honest. 
It’s English nationalism and fair play to them they had their chance to regain their sovereignty and didn’t shite it like the “Scots”. 

I kind of think you answered your own question, can you be fully independent but not have your own sovereignty? I suppose it depends on your definition of independence. Personally I wouldn't see any difference between a Scottish government having conditions imposed on them by Westminster and an independent Scotland having conditions imposed on them from the European parliament.

I would be massively worried if we left the UK and took up the euro as our currency as that passes even more control to the Europeans, you just need to ask Portugal\Italy\Ireland\Greece or Spain  what happens if your economy starts to effect Germany and the Euro. I also  think they are one recession away from a euro zone melt down but that's a different argument all together. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, jamb0_1874 said:

I kind of think you answered your own question, can you be fully independent but not have your own sovereignty? I suppose it depends on your definition of independence. Personally I wouldn't see any difference between a Scottish government having conditions imposed on them by Westminster and an independent Scotland having conditions imposed on them from the European parliament.

I would be massively worried if we left the UK and took up the euro as our currency as that passes even more control to the Europeans, you just need to ask Portugal\Italy\Ireland\Greece or Spain  what happens if your economy starts to effect Germany and the Euro. I also  think they are one recession away from a euro zone melt down but that's a different argument all together. 

Is any country truly independent these days? We’re all in these deals and out of EU we might end under the boot of the Americans and Chinese etc they have a lot more clout than an isolated UK. Britain had a pretty sweet deal in the EU it seems compared to a lot of others. 
Im not for joining the euro either but we wouldn’t have to you just have to agree to joining but there is no time scale. Who knows it might be good for us it hasn’t done Ireland any harm. 

21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

20,000 sh Max 

You're blind but no surprise. These people have family and friends like I do who support self governance that weren't there. So the numbers are huge. Can't you be honest with yourself? 

12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You're blind but no surprise. These people have family and friends like I do who support self governance that weren't there. So the numbers are huge. Can't you be honest with yourself? 

:interehjrling:

image.png.4aea90e1fd4c608013340b6cd78cb42a.png

Edited by Justin Z

Lots of chat about this group yesterday and today. I actually know a few old firm fans who support Scottish independence.  They are not your usual knuckle dragger old firm fans either. 

IMG_20191006_110109.jpg

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I suppose one of the many things that the shambles of the Brexit referendum has shown us, is that getting the numbers is the easy part.

dobmisterdobster
9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm going to lose sleep thinking about the dastardly EU. We won't trade, our farms will dry up, the fish will go into hiding, we will have too many foreign people and the sun won't shine? Thanks EU. 

You asked. I answered.

I have noticed the First Minister is complaining about Trump's tariffs on whisky. That's what you get for prioritising trade with Lithuania over the USA.

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Is any country truly independent these days? We’re all in these deals and out of EU we might end under the boot of the Americans and Chinese etc they have a lot more clout than an isolated UK. Britain had a pretty sweet deal in the EU it seems compared to a lot of others. 
Im not for joining the euro either but we wouldn’t have to you just have to agree to joining but there is no time scale. Who knows it might be good for us it hasn’t done Ireland any harm. 

Your are correct every country does trade deals, however most trade deals are negotiated between two countries so if it isn't working for one party then they can be renegotiated or terminated. However due to the setup of the EU if you aren't happy with something you can voice your concerns at one of their quarterly meetings but if its working for everybody else, especially Germany, the UK or France  then you are stuck with it. Now most smaller countries especially the developing eastern European countries, Greece  etc and I would include Ireland in that group, anybody who went to Ireland 20/30 years ago would tell you how backward it was, are more than happy to have this arrangement due to them having access to trade that they wouldn't be able to negotiate on their own without the might of the EU. However the UK including Scotland is one of the biggest economy's in the world so should be able to negotiate mutually beneficial deals with the other big hitters of the world. How Scotland as a stand alone country on the world stage would fair in these negotiations and for that fact how a UK government without Scotland would fair is the big unknown.

10 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Its not that the fish will go into hiding its the fact that the newly independent Scotland cant catch the fish in its own waters because we need to let other countries catch it as set out in EU legislation or potentially as part of a trade deal that we have struck up with the remaining countries of the UK.

42 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You asked. I answered.

I have noticed the First Minister is complaining about Trump's tariffs on whisky. That's what you get for prioritising trade with Lithuania over the USA.

If we prioritise trade with the USA .

Trump will gobble up  the UK and spit out the bones.

The man is a criminal as will be proved in law soon.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

https://www.aforceforgood.uk/single-post/2019/08/03/50-Benefits-of-the-UK-Union?fbclid=IwAR3Lc9gugm5yGTV6Es6bdI7wykhQFDaSc5z1jjs0nANsJpEu8Qw1TFy41Yc

Where did these clowns come from? I get theres a fair few moon howlers on the independence side but these guys need stronger medication.

You do know who is behind that site? 
Alistair McConachie. Balloon just doesnt cover it tbh. 

On 05/10/2019 at 08:54, Harry Potter said:

And if better off why change it and go alone.

Maybe the SNP should give you full WM. Feck protecting the Traitors. You want UK, here, have it.

Good Luck!

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We can lay a lot at Donald Trump's door but the fact that he would negotiated a deal that is great for the USA but not great for the UK isn't one. That's his job at the end of the day. 

On 05/10/2019 at 11:02, Nookie Bear said:

A True Scot is a racist, blinkered, parochial arsehole*

*allegedly

:thumb: 

dobmisterdobster
47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Then the FM can't complain about tariffs.

Be content with exporting to Estonia.

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You do know who is behind that site? 
Alistair McConachie. Balloon just doesnt cover it tbh. 

I've never actually heard of him. That group were quick to downplay the numbers of pro independence marchers and inflated the number they had opposing them. 

37 minutes ago, Herbert said:

https://www.aforceforgood.uk/single-post/2019/08/03/50-Benefits-of-the-UK-Union?fbclid=IwAR3Lc9gugm5yGTV6Es6bdI7wykhQFDaSc5z1jjs0nANsJpEu8Qw1TFy41Yc

Where did these clowns come from? I get theres a fair few moon howlers on the independence side but these guys need stronger medication.

Dear God. Does this apply to Britian and EU exit or just Scotland and independence?

Open borders are good for the UK, but the EU. Oh, the EU might feel slighted and no buy our stuff either. :( Poor babies.

Edited by ri Alban

18 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

4AC5ABDA-C1C7-493F-B1E7-321C8C7FEA33.jpeg

Seriously I voted yes .

I will always vote for independence.

But that's a total beamer and im not including the Connolly flag .

Are other indy people really into flags and shit like that.

😄

Face paint at his age 🤮

Edited by jake

1 minute ago, jake said:

Seriously I voted yes .

I will always vote for independence.

But that's a total beamer and im not including the Connolly flag .

Are other indy people really into flags and shit like that.

😄

Feck James Connolly!

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I've never actually heard of him. That group were quick to downplay the numbers of pro independence marchers and inflated the number they had opposing them. 

BNP and Holocaust denier. Orangeman anaw.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Herbert said:

The man is completely off his rocker. 
Britain has been a union for 3000 years for a start according to him. 
He’s the one that seems to only have one Union Jack shirt and hands money out to people to stand waving UJ’s at any scottish Indy event. 
Weirdo. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The man is completely off his rocker. 
Britain has been a union for 3000 years for a start according to him. 
He’s the one that seems to only have one Union Jack shirt and hands money out to people to stand waving UJ’s at any scottish Indy event. 
Weirdo. 

How much does he pay ?

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, jake said:

How much does he pay ?

Rumoured he hands out £20 and a UJ to people in pubs to stand and wave them where’s he’s shouting through his megaphone. 
Claims he watches all the videos of these marches and actualky counts everybody in them :lol: 

If this level of weirdo was on the Indy side you’d hear a lot more about it I reckon. 

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Rumoured he hands out £20 and a UJ to people in pubs to stand and wave them where’s he’s shouting through his megaphone. 
Claims he watches all the videos of these marches and actualky counts everybody in them :lol: 

If this level of weirdo was on the Indy side you’d hear a lot more about it I reckon. 

Oh is that how he's come up with this figure?

image.png.99977c6f3264b17ce569808276d0fa9b.png

:rofl:

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That’s exactly how he does it. 
Absolute banger of a man :lol: 
Bigger than any Indy weirdo and there’s plenty of them as well lol! 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, jumpship said:

Lots of chat about this group yesterday and today. I actually know a few old firm fans who support Scottish independence.  They are not your usual knuckle dragger old firm fans either. 

IMG_20191006_110109.jpg

That banner had my Rangers supporting pals shaking with rage yesterday :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Wild!

This is the equivalent to claiming you won the post-match singing.

We said No, we meant it, we would again if asked.

And still Eck's trial to come. And then the aftermath and the civil war.

7 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

This is the equivalent to claiming you won the post-match singing.

We said No, we meant it, we would again if asked.

And still Eck's trial to come. And then the aftermath and the civil war.

Some folk were told the only way to guarantee European football was if they didn’t sing.