To the Levein haters: Is there anything he could do to change your mind?

Jambos_1874

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And 6th the year before. And walloped 5-0 from Livi.

The year before we had a completely different squad, not one built by Levein. Although to be fair he did manage to pick up Naismith, McLaughlin and Adao that season when trying to stabalise things after the Cathro debacle.

Against Livi, I wouldn't call a team without Souttar, Naismith and Uche our first choice, full-strength team. Still a shocking result but I"m pretty sure we would have had more attacking intent with Naismith and Uche rather than McLean on his own.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• Forever Hearts

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• mitch41

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The year before we had a completely different squad, not one built by Levein. Although to be fair he did manage to pick up Naismith, McLaughlin and Adao that season when trying to stabalise things after the Cathro debacle.

Against Livi, I wouldn't call a team without Souttar, Naismith and Uche our first choice, full-strength team. Still a shocking result but I"m pretty sure we would have had more attacking intent with Naismith and Uche rather than McLean on his own.

Uche is pish and Naismith will never be considered a regular when he spends half his time on the treatment table. How do you explain going on the worst run of results since we were formed? Injuries I take it? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Uche is pish and Naismith will never be considered a regular when he spends half his time on the treatment table. How do you explain going on the worst run of results since we were formed? Injuries I take it? 

Yes, the worst run of injuries since we were formed probably did contribute hugely to the worst run of form since we were formed. Mind you I don't recall many worst runs of form including a cup final appearance. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, the worst run of injuries since we were formed probably did contribute hugely to the worst run of form since we were formed. Mind you I don't recall many worst runs of form including a cup final appearance. 

A right tricky path to get to that final, which we lost. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A right tricky path to get to that final, which we lost.

It was Celtic v Hearts, wasn’t it?

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

It was Celtic v Hearts, wasn’t it?

Originality not really your thing? 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤣

I can sleep easy at night knowing I never wanted Hibernian to win the Scottish Cup, and I never will. Can you say the same? 

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

HiS Cathro debacle. To be fair, he also managed to pick up andcquickly drop Callaghan and Amankwaa that season. He also inherited the spine of his team from Cathro...Smith, Berra and Lafferty. He has been fully, completely and entirely responsible for successive 6th place finishes and our current 9th place position. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I can sleep easy at night knowing I never wanted Hibernian to win the Scottish Cup, and I never will. Can you say the same? 

Hibernian, aye? 

I sleep like a baby mate. Like a baby. 

Forever Hearts
47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibernian, aye? 

Especially on 21/05/2016. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibernian, aye? 

You suck your thumb all night and wake up having shat yourself? 

portobellojambo1

My intention is to wait until the end of October before becoming involved in any further thoughts on us going forward. I say that while firmly believing that Levein will leave the club totally once the majority shareholding changes hands.

Have I witnessed anything which has made me feel things are getting back on track at this stage, if being honest then the answer is no. We went to Easter Road and took three very welcome points off a totally shit Hibernian side. Did we play well, no, but we got a result, which did nothing more than paper over the cracks. If you base the League Cup quarter final on 90 minutes alone then that game ended as a draw before penalties came into play. Was I pleased we got through, absolutely, but over the weekend just past Rangers proved just how poor that Aberdeen side is at present. Last weekend we went to Paisley and got a draw, with another poor performance. We now have two home fixtures versus Kilmarnock and Rangers, followed by what could be 2 very telling trips to Livingston and Perth (I do have a horrible feeling that despite struggling to beat anyone St Johnstone could pick up their first win of the season against us).

GorgieRules22

Tommorow is a massive game for Craig Levein. We simply must win as it’s just not acceptable to not pick up three points in any home games against Ross County,Hamilton,Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

My intention is to wait until the end of October before becoming involved in any further thoughts on us going forward. I say that while firmly believing that Levein will leave the club totally once the majority shareholding changes hands.

Have I witnessed anything which has made me feel things are getting back on track at this stage, if being honest then the answer is no. We went to Easter Road and took three very welcome points off a totally shit Hibernian side. Did we play well, no, but we got a result, which did nothing more than paper over the cracks. If you base the League Cup quarter final on 90 minutes alone then that game ended as a draw before penalties came into play. Was I pleased we got through, absolutely, but over the weekend just past Rangers proved just how poor that Aberdeen side is at present. Last weekend we went to Paisley and got a draw, with another poor performance. We now have two home fixtures versus Kilmarnock and Rangers, followed by what could be 2 very telling trips to Livingston and Perth (I do have a horrible feeling that despite struggling to beat anyone St Johnstone could pick up their first win of the season against us).

My feeling is that so long as AB is around the club and holding some sort of office then so will CL maybe not as Coach/Manager but still on the Board and DOF.

It is a pity that we have had so many injuries because it makes it difficult to give a balanced appraisal of how he has performed but then that is the challenge set to every Manager in football. How well they do when the chips are down and it tests out how good their squad is.

On paper our squad looks pretty good even with the injuires but the performances don't really match the expectations other than a couple of games.

I doubt that CL has the capabilities to motivate our fit players to give off their best in every game but then it seems most are happy to have the odd decent performance and have out team sitiing in the lower half of the league.

55 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My feeling is that so long as AB is around the club and holding some sort of office then so will CL maybe not as Coach/Manager but still on the Board and DOF.

It is a pity that we have had so many injuries because it makes it difficult to give a balanced appraisal of how he has performed but then that is the challenge set to every Manager in football. How well they do when the chips are down and it tests out how good their squad is.

On paper our squad looks pretty good even with the injuires but the performances don't really match the expectations other than a couple of games.

I doubt that CL has the capabilities to motivate our fit players to give off their best in every game but then it seems most are happy to have the odd decent performance and have out team sitiing in the lower half of the league.

Games are not played on paper.

Just as a matter of interest and having regard to our injury situation, what team would you put out tomorrow that you think would beat Killie?

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Games are not played on paper.

Just as a matter of interest and having regard to our injury situation, what team would you put out tomorrow that you think would beat Killie?

If I may-

joel

hickey smith Berra white

whelan irving

morison meshino mulraney

uche

on paper that’s good enough but as you say, football is not played on paper.

Quite a good situation to be in if you are CL, fail to get a result and it’s the injuries to blame. Get a result and he’s done so despite the injuries.  

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Tommorow is a massive game for Craig Levein. We simply must win as it’s just not acceptable to not pick up three points in any home games against Ross County,Hamilton,Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

"We simply must win". The same was said before the Ross/Hamilton/Motherwell game.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If I may-

joel

hickey smith Berra white

whelan irving

morison meshino mulraney

uche

Quite a good situation to be in if you are CL, fail to get a result and it’s the injuries to blame. Get a result and he’s done so despite the injuries.  

Nut.

Lose, Levein is Shit, draw, Levein is Shit, win, Killie are Shit.

😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Nut.

Lose, Levein is Shit, draw, Levein is Shit, win, Killie are Shit.

😀😀😀

😀 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

You suck your thumb all night and wake up having shat yourself? 

Sometimes 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Especially on 21/05/2016. 

I actually think you are Hibs. 

Using the name Hibernian.... typing the date I assume the cup final was. 

Subtle as a brick tbh. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Subtle as a brick tbh. 

Aye, Hibernian daft me. Don't forget Rangers too. 🙄

The fans are angry because we're nowhere near where we should be consistently.

Competitive with aberdeen (currently) should be the bare minimum expectations at hearts.  If we were challenging for 3rd and getting into europe, no one would be complaining.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Subtle as a brick tbh. 

He's not Hibs.

Just a troll.

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, Hibernian daft me. Don't forget Rangers too. 🙄

Not Hibs.

Possibly Rangers.

Troll?  Very likely.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Not Hibs.

Possibly Rangers.

Troll?  Very likely.

Troll? Because I disagree with some of the nonsense I read on here? Don't be silly. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Troll? Because I disagree with some of the nonsense I read on here? Don't be silly. 

Just a silly Billy, me.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

If I may-

joel

hickey smith Berra white

whelan irving

morison meshino mulraney

uche

To be fair that's roughly my thinking as well if White is fit.

Is there anything that could happen to make Levein supporters change their mind?

what would be your breaking point?

I asked this question on this thread the other day and didn’t get any replies.

anyone able to give their opinion today?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now convinced beyond doubt that there is nothing he could do to appease the fans. Even if he somehow managed to win the league I think everyone would say thanks but time to go.

Dead man walking as even a run of wins will not win back the majority of fans....I don’t believe he is the right man for the job but it has been so frustrating having so many injuries we will never really know what could have been if the spine of the team played consistently...my life will not fall apart because we lost against St Johnstone but the state of some folk on here it’s their only thing in their life

Dead as a dead thing.

only him, his shite coaches and Budge don’t see it.

so sad after all we have gone through and fought for to have it unravelled by one man and his ego and a stupid owner

“Levein Haters”

Aye it was all personal, bitter, unreasonable hate......

My arse! It was the realisation that Levein was an arrogant, negative, loser of a Manager who should never have been brought back to our Club!

Gordon Ramsay

Absolutely nothing he can do to change my mind. Nothing. 

We are an absolute farce. We should basking in another failed managerial appointment by Hibs and at least trying to push the old firm but look at us. 

Being kept off the bottom by one goal. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Absolutely nothing he can do to change my mind. Nothing. 

We are an absolute farce. We should basking in another failed managerial appointment by Hibs and at least trying to push the old firm but look at us. 

Being kept off the bottom by one goal. 

Don’t fret mate.

He’ll turn it around...We may be in league one by that time but he’ll turn it around.

I don't know if I replied to this thread already but it's a def no from me now.Even if we somehow beat Rangers in the semi I'm dreading where we will be in another full round of league fixtures as no doubt winning the semi would buy him that time.