To the Levein haters: Is there anything he could do to change your mind?

Jambos_1874

annushorribilis III
8 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

As the title says. Is there no way back for him in your mind or could he yet redeem himself. I'm talking about realistically i.e. a Scottish Cup win and a European position, not winning the Champions League.

I'm still on the fence on whether he can turn it around but given recent results I'd give him until Christmas. Glad to see our owner isn't in the habit of hiring and firing.

Never wanted him in the manager's chair in the first place and the last 2 years have been agony. Can't wait for him to go. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• Forever Hearts

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• mitch41

8 hours ago, bistokid said:

Haters is such a nonsense statement. 

We are 8th in the league. 

He's finished 6th the last 2 seasons. 

The standard of football has been dire for almost 3 years now. 

Football fans everywhere want success, achievement in relation to what there teams potential allows. He's not even achieving par nevermind doing what a successful manager does which is get more from his team than he has a right to. 

He's been treated in some respects better than previous failed hearts managers. Beyond the fits of frustration where folk sound like it's personal, I very much doubt the vast majority that want him to leave hate him. 

To your last point, hires and fires suggests impulsive and rash decision making. It's going on 2.5 years of underachievement. How could that have been perceived as hire and fire? 

:spoton:

2 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Have they said they hate him or just hating how the team are doing?  What reasons have they given? There is no way anyone would want him gone if we were doing well.  That includes those you claim who just hate him.  I'd like to see examples of these social media posts that hate him for non football reasons. 

So hating him for football reasons is ok ?

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Never wanted him in the manager's chair in the first place and the last 2 years have been agony. Can't wait for him to go. 

Watch out you will have JamboAl to answer to in a minute.:lol:

annushorribilis III
Just now, wavydavy said:

He'll be ignored. Sick to death of that guff. 😄

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

ANSWER

Is that the thing you are absolutely shit scared to do?

I'll ask again

Did you want us to lose to the vermin just to get of CL?

9 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

As the title says. Is there no way back for him in your mind or could he yet redeem himself. I'm talking about realistically i.e. a Scottish Cup win and a European position, not winning the Champions League.

I'm still on the fence on whether he can turn it around but given recent results I'd give him until Christmas. Glad to see our owner isn't in the habit of hiring and firing.

I think the question to ask should be, If Craig was just the director of football would he have sacked the manager on the results he has had.

I am not a hater, but he has a long way to go to prove he is the right man for the job.

He has to show that with a full squad he can turn things around, not just scraping points but rolling over teams.

With the experience we have in the squad this should be a given.

If he cannot then he should not have any place at the club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

ANSWER

Is that the thing you are absolutely shit scared to do?

I'll ask again

Did you want us to lose to the vermin just to get of CL?

No but that question is a total irrelevance, something you’re very good at

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No but that question is a total irrelevance, something you’re very good at

Describes your reply.

What you are good at is downing the club - little else though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Describes your reply.

What you are good at is downing the club - little else though.

Downing the manager mate. There’s a big difference. He’s the one downing the club.

You’d like to portray all this as anti-Hearts because again, it reflects away from Levein.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Downing the manager mate. There’s a big difference. He’s the one downing the club.

You’d like to portray all this as anti-Hearts because again, it reflects away from Levein.

You sound like a Sevco fan claiming the club is different from the team.  Well done.

As you are obviously a Levein hater what can he do to get you behind him and the club?

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No but Levein has wormed his way into so many roles that it's sometimes hard to disassociate the club from him. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No but Levein has wormed his way into so many roles that it's sometimes hard to disassociate the club from him. 

What roles does he have  and which should the Director if Football disassociate himself from?

Football is all about results. If he gets us to be in the top four most fans will be back onside. It's also likely he will be given a contract extension.

I like CL, but the awful results in the league made me fell he had to go. AB doesn't agree and as long as the team keep getting good results the pressure if off.  A win tomorrow is essential.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You sound like a Sevco fan claiming the club is different from the team.  Well done.

As you are obviously a Levein hater what can he do to get you behind him and the club?

No, not a Levein hater. I like him and he was one of my favourite players. His management is poor though and has been for while.

in answer to the question, nothing. Looks increasingly likely that he’ll hang around for the season and I promise you we’ll achieve nothing.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, not a Levein hater. I like him and he was one of my favourite players. His management is poor though and has been for while.

in answer to the question, nothing. Looks increasingly likely that he’ll hang around for the season and I promise you we’ll achieve nothing.

Is that an opinion or a prophecy?

If the latter can you give me the numbers for tonight's lottery.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboAl said:

Well listen, bookmark my post and let’s reconvene further down the line.

Forever Hearts
Just now, JamboAl said:

He's probably based it on the fact that despite being in football for about 35 years he has won..........nothing. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Well listen, bookmark my post and let’s reconvene further down the line.

I'll bookmark nowt.

Just tell me the lottery numbers.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboAl said:

I'll bookmark nowt.

Just tell me the lottery numbers.

That’s because you won’t want to revisit this conversation.

2, 7, 23, 24, 29, 41.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's probably based it on the fact that despite being in football for about 35 years he has won..........nothing. 

Loads of players/managers in that position.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s because you won’t want to revisit this conversation.

2, 7, 23, 24, 29, 41.

I'll make a definite forecast.

These numbers won't win as they stand.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Loads of players/managers in that position.

In Scottish football that have spent the vast majority of their career at the third biggest club?

pettigrewsstylist

Love the big guy and all my memories. You cant win football matches without attack minded players and tactics though.

Think his edge has gone in the dressing room and he has started to treat fans like little people who just shout a lot.

His repeated referencing to first 5 games etc etc was cringeworthy and tried to blindside media to fans reasoned concerns IMO.

Still hoping he pulls through, but would be happy for change!

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

In Scottish football that have spent the vast majority of their career at the third biggest club?

That ties it down to just Hearts then?

His playing career was cut short by cruel injury so that's hardly a goer.

Managerially he did OK with CPR against a background of financial problems and where to play.

Latterly we've been building from virtually scratch after admin., have qualified for 3 successive semi finals and, but for the intervention of wee Wullie Collum, might have won the SC.

Any true and fair Hearts supporter would know this of course.

Forever Hearts
Just now, JamboAl said:

That ties it down to just Hearts then?

His playing career was cut short by cruel injury so that's hardly a goer.

Managerially he did OK with CPR against a background of financial problems and where to play.

Latterly we've been building from virtually scratch after admin., have qualified for 3 successive semi finals and, but for the intervention of wee Wullie Collum, might have won the SC.

Any true and fair Hearts supporter would know this of course.

So nothing then? Apart from a load of excuses. Cheers. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

Never hated Levein, don't like his style of football.

Not many (but one or two will) can deny he deserved the sack for the appalling run of form we were on. That will never change.

Play better football, win more games, and hopefully a trophy and I will be delighted for Levein as any Hearts fan would. 

It really is simple.

And that is the case for the majority of people who I'm guessing are being bracketed as haters within the OP. The football style someone adopts can be awful to watch, and you can comment along such lines, but it doesn't by definition mean you hate the person offering it. You might hate what you are watching but that is different. and I say that while accepting that there probably are some who fall into the category of haters. And I'm like you, if the football is worth watching if we are competing at the right end of the league and in the cup competitions the person in charge, whoever it might be at the time, will get everyone onside.

I'm still not convinced that Craig Levein is the man to achieve that, which is an opinion and nothing more. I'm not even getting carried away by the most recent two results. I was with a bunch of guys down at Easter Road and the conversation was that it was probably the poorest Hibs team that we have seen in around 20 years, they really were that bad. We showed some grit to get through on Wednesday, but the general performance wasn't anything to really get overly excited about. We may get a better idea after tomorrow in terms of how we will be approaching such games going forward. I only want what is best for HMFC, and if I don't happen to think Craig Levein is the man to do it that doesn't make me a hater of said man. Hating the style of football and hating an individual are two completely different things.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

So hating him for football reasons is ok ?

There is no hating him involved at all.  It's the posters accusing others if hating him who are getting confused with hating how the team are doing and not liking levein the person.  Why is that difficult to understand?  There is a big difference.  So you dont see the difference between the two? What I do hate is someone having as much power as he does.  Name another manager in Scottish/british football that is also on the board?  He should resign from the board so he can concentrate on managing.  

7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

There is no hating him involved at all.  It's the posters accusing others if hating him who are getting confused with hating how the team are doing and not liking levein the person.  Why is that difficult to understand?  There is a big difference.  So you dont see the difference between the two? What I do hate is someone having as much power as he does.  Name another manager in Scottish/british football that is also on the board?  He should resign from the board so he can concentrate on managing.  

No one is accusing anyone.

Read the thread title which is addressed to Levein Haters.  Anyone who cannot read English will obviously be confused.

It's a quite simple concept: if you don't hate him then you have no need to enter the thread.

The points made by certain posters have been covered many many times in loads of other threads.

13 hours ago, bistokid said:

Haters is such a nonsense statement. 

We are 8th in the league. 

He's finished 6th the last 2 seasons. 

The standard of football has been dire for almost 3 years now. 

Football fans everywhere want success, achievement in relation to what there teams potential allows. He's not even achieving par nevermind doing what a successful manager does which is get more from his team than he has a right to. 

He's been treated in some respects better than previous failed hearts managers. Beyond the fits of frustration where folk sound like it's personal, I very much doubt the vast majority that want him to leave hate him. 

To your last point, hires and fires suggests impulsive and rash decision making. It's going on 2.5 years of underachievement. How could that have been perceived as hire and fire? 

This has saved me writing a long post myself, absolutely spot on. 

Some utter ****ing roasters on here post "giruy haters/doubters" if there's even a goal, as if your entire opinion is based on 90 minutes just because theirs is. 

He needs to get top 4 and win a cup to make up for the drivel served up the last 3 years. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Like most footballers and managers then?

I would love Levein to cap his career with a trophy at Hearts. However, I'm just not sure he has the bravery to really have a go at the OF. Even in May I never really believed we would get the result...

Rangers are no great shakes at the moment and apart from Feyenoord have been woeful in the first half of almost every game. But I always expect Levein to send the team out to try to keep it tight in the first half and thus that opportunity will be squandered...We play right into their hands every time.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Well I'm not saying I hate Levein at any time. I've been a fan, supported him when others have demanded he leave, showed patience. But after a long barren run last season (including the end of the season when we got key players back from injury) and then to be bottom of the league, rock solid bottom with 2 points?

I didn't hate him, I thought enough was enough and we needed a change.

2 results hasn't suddenly changed my mind but if he can build on it......

We do have good players out but we still have a strong squad of players and the first 3 home fixtures of Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell aline should have seen us pick up more than 2 points.

The injury crisis last term was horrendous. Players just as influential as the current list but they were all focussed at centre half and striker positions, we were struggling to fill positions, bringing in emergency loans, sending those emergency loans back injured and bringing in more.

We haven't had that magnitude of challenge facing us this term.

Are the missing players a reasonable reason to be dropping points? Perhaps.

No team in the league could lose players of that quality and not suffer

But we're not talking drawing the odd game here and there, we are talking a dismal run of form, form that is well below where we should be performing.

It's amazing how many Hearts fans are unwilling to acknowledge that, labelling it an "excuse".

Aberdeen have a bad injury list this season, although still not anywhere near as bad as ours was last season or maybe even this season. I've heard Aberdeen fans bemoaning it. It'll be interesting to see if McInnes gets more sympathy than Levein did both from fans and the media, and it'll also be interesting to see how McInnes copes with it. It's the same with Clarke and Scotland. As Clarke was their man, the media have been eager to point out that key players missing for Scotland (including Naismith ironically) makes it hard to judge Clarke so far. And Clarke has a much bigger pool to pick from so it should be less of an excuse at international level.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's amazing how many Hearts fans are unwilling to acknowledge that, labelling it an "excuse".

Aberdeen have a bad injury list this season, although still not anywhere near as bad as ours was last season or maybe even this season. I've heard Aberdeen fans bemoaning it. It'll be interesting to see if McInnes gets more sympathy than Levein did both from fans and the media, and it'll also be interesting to see how McInnes copes with it. It's the same with Clarke and Scotland. As Clarke was their man, the media have been eager to point out that key players missing for Scotland (including Naismith ironically) makes it hard to judge Clarke so far. And Clarke has a much bigger pool to pick from so it should be less of an excuse at international level.

Aberdeen are third m8

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I would love Levein to cap his career with a trophy at Hearts. However, I'm just not sure he has the bravery to really have a go at the OF. Even in May I never really believed we would get the result...

Rangers are no great shakes at the moment and apart from Feyenoord have been woeful in the first half of almost every game. But I always expect Levein to send the team out to try to keep it tight in the first half and thus that opportunity will be squandered...We play right into their hands every time.

I think/hope he'll go for it. He's got nothing to lose. It's his last year as a manager (probably) and he'll be very aware of the criticism thrown his way when it comes to the OF.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aberdeen are third m8

Yeah, Aberdeen do have 6 more points than us. Well spotted. That's after a considerably easier round of opening fixtures, a couple they've only just squeaked through. We've been their hardest game and we should have at least tied it. As well as Aberdeen away, we've also had Hibs and Celtic away. We've still managed to scored the same number of goals as them. 

They are also out of the cup, and, as I said, that's with an injury list nowhere near ours last season or even this season. Without Cosgrove last or this season they'd be screwed. We've had to cope without our best striker(s) for far longer. Let's see where both teams stand after a full round of fixtures.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What roles does he have  and which should the Director if Football disassociate himself from?

Director IF Football? Given the style of play over the last 2 and a half years of us suffering Levein as Head coach,  I have wondered that myself tbh Al.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, Aberdeen do have 6 more points than us. Well spotted. That's after a considerably easier round of opening fixtures, a couple they've only just squeaked through. We've been their hardest game and we should have at least tied it. As well as Aberdeen away, we've also had Hibs and Celtic away. We've still managed to scored the same number of goals as them. 

They are also out of the cup, and, as I said, that's with an injury list nowhere near ours last season or even this season. Without Cosgrove last or this season they'd be screwed. We've had to cope without our best striker(s) for far longer. Let's see where both teams stand after a full round of fixtures.

We just squeaked through against Hibs, in case you hadn't noticed.....in the only game we have won all season.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Craig, your time is up but the last two results have been welcome. 

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We just squeaked through against Hibs, in case you hadn't noticed.....in the only game we have won all season.

I hadn't realised that was the only game we had won all season.

Amazing how we managed to progress in the League Cup.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's amazing how many who claimed that it was probably over for Craig Levein after Motherwell are U-turning again!

Still, let's hope this tick up in form continues as it is clear Budge won't budge in any case.

Levein Legend Leader

I hate the Hibs they make me 🤮 

Leader Legend Levein