British teams in Europa League

Morgan

Greedy Jambo
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Since other games have been mentioned. End of the penalty shoot out!!! After Milan equalising in last seconds of extra time from hand ball penalty.

Cheers for that, seen the result last night and was meaning to look for this. 

Some superb penalties. 

The goal keepers shots though 😂

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Aberdeen are playing some lovely football just now, as are Hibs. Aberdeen/Motherwell/Hibs/Hearts etx have tiny budgets compared to the old firm and sides in Europe. I don’t know what you expect? 

“Attractive free flowing football, old firm aside”. Again, not to question your Hearts credentials but you don’t sound like a Hearts fan if I am honest. Celtic have been ganting this season, most of their own fans would even admit to that. Rangers have failed to win their two most important domestic games to date because they don’t have a Plan B. 

I watched the woman's football last night City v Arsenal and I'm convinced (with a decent keeper) both those teams would play most Scottish teams off the park. The passing and movement was outstanding all looked comfortable on the ball and could read the game.

We haven't developed our game in the last 40 years, the glory days of getting stuck in and playing 2nd ball football is gone but we still think it's the way to do it. 

We lack tempo and creativity and resort to trying to win scraps as high up the pitch as possible and fashion a chance out of it. The key to winning in Scotland is pace, if you have a few speed merchants you'll win games regardless of their overall ability because the majority of the defenders can't read a game and rely on their physicality to get them through the game. Speed and quick balls into the box catches them out every time. It's basically why Hibs always have a chance when Boyle plays but are gash without him.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I watched the woman's football last night City v Arsenal and I'm convinced (with a decent keeper) both those teams would play most Scottish teams off the park. The passing and movement was outstanding all looked comfortable on the ball and could read the game.

We haven't developed our game in the last 40 years, the glory days of getting stuck in and playing 2nd ball football is gone but we still think it's the way to do it. 

We lack tempo and creativity and resort to trying to win scraps as high up the pitch as possible and fashion a chance out of it. The key to winning in Scotland is pace, if you have a few speed merchants you'll win games regardless of their overall ability because the majority of the defenders can't read a game and rely on their physicality to get them through the game. Speed and quick balls into the box catches them out every time. It's basically why Hibs always have a chance when Boyle plays but are gash without him.

Spot on. Hope Solo explained that once teams have more money and can invest in better GK coaching they will obviously progress. They remind me of GKs from the 50s, all the players will only get fitter and stronger with the cash flowing into the game. 

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

There's not a women's team out there that would play a professional men's side in any league in the world off the park.  No matter what they say, the gulf, both physically and in terms of ability, is apparent.  It might not look like that when they are up against another women's team though.  

Looks like rangers have the easier group to celtic.  Celtic might make third to rangers second place.  Arsenal, leicester, Tottenham all first 👍 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Cheers for that, seen the result last night and was meaning to look for this. 

Some superb penalties. 

The goal keepers shots though 😂

Reminds me of Beckham ‘04. I get that usually keepers rely on a high punt and that they wouldn’t expect to take a penalty but you’d think they know how to kick a ball under the height of a crossbar when and if the occasion arises

18 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

There's not a women's team out there that would play a professional men's side in any league in the world off the park.  No matter what they say, the gulf, both physically and in terms of ability, is apparent.  It might not look like that when they are up against another women's team though.  

I'm not so sure now, perhaps the physical side would even things up a little but skill wise what I watched last night would put many of the professionals up here to shame. Their first touch, weight of pass and movement was actually a joy to watch at times. It's the first woman's game I've watched since the World Cup and in terms of entertainment value it was far better than anything I've seen in the few Scottish games I've watched this season. 

On 02/10/2020 at 00:06, fancy a brew said:

Good news for the coefficient though.

:runaway:

The result depending on our fight with Turkey, is direct access to the group stage. 

IveSeenTheLight
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The result depending on our fight with Turkey, is direct access to the group stage. 

Getting above Turkey should be a shoe in.

There will be a 5.325 co-efficient point swing when 16/17 drops out at the end of the season

22 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I'm not so sure now, perhaps the physical side would even things up a little but skill wise what I watched last night would put many of the professionals up here to shame. Their first touch, weight of pass and movement was actually a joy to watch at times. It's the first woman's game I've watched since the World Cup and in terms of entertainment value it was far better than anything I've seen in the few Scottish games I've watched this season. 

Just stop

In 2017  The US national team(Now World Champions) were pumped by an under 15s team. :rofl:Every team in the Scottish senior leagues would absolutely pulverise any top women's team.

Edited by ri Alban

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers 1 up

The way Alex Rae says Standard though...😡😡😡

Even if it's right in terms of the football club (?), it's still annoying 🤣🤬

22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Rangers 1 up

They’re doing not badly considering they’re effectively playing with ten men - Morelos has clearly chucked it. Completely disinterested.

23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Rangers 1 up

😀. It's ****ing irritating me no end. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Normally if Arsenal are playing I’m rooting for the other team but Rapid Vienna’s strip has stopped that behaviour stone dead. 
Disgusting. 

Did you not know they played in Green and white vertical stripes?

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Normally if Arsenal are playing I’m rooting for the other team but Rapid Vienna’s strip has stopped that behaviour stone dead. 
Disgusting. 

Reminiscent of that Werder Bremen number from a few years back.

Both reminiscent of shite.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Disgusting. 

Yeah there’s something a tad off putting about it. Can’t quite put my finger on why 🤔

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Did you not know they played in Green and white vertical stripes?

Yes, but this season it is a green body with white sleeves. You might recognise it. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Yes, but this season it is a green body with white sleeves. You might recognise it. 

They are bound to be shite then

Guest ToqueJambo

Hate to admit it but Gerrard has completely transformed Rangers in Europe. Won't do him any harm in his aim to take over from Klopp in 2024. Celtic on the other hand should get an absolute doing tonight.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20201022_191209.jpg

I reckon celtic will get a draw.   Milan are not as good as one might expect or hope.   2-2

Edited by HMFC01

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Crikey hibs sneaked into Europe! 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I recon celtic will get a draw.   Milan are not as good as one might expect or hope.   2-2

Ibrahimovic is going to run riot.

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I reckon celtic will get a draw.   Milan are not as good as one might expect or hope.   2-2

I think they're good enough. Squad value in the hundreds of millions, unbeaten in 20 games, won their opening 4 league games. And any team with  Ibrahimovic is likely to be dangerous. Throw in Celtic being defensively suspect and I give them little chance.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The rangers game looking like that scene from caddyshack with the rain. 

Might be hard to finish the game. If the SPFL was in charge of it it would be ended and Rangers given the win and SL dumped out. It's the fair thing to do obviously because comebacks in football area apparently impossible now.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good comeback by Arsenal 

if anyone can put up a link for the milan game at the appropriate time it would be appreciated.

subtle
[ˈsʌt(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
  1. (especially of a change or distinction) so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyse or describe.
    "his language expresses rich and subtle meanings"
  2. making use of clever and indirect methods to achieve something.
    "he tried a more subtle approach"
  3. archaic
    crafty; cunning.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Might be hard to finish the game. If the SPFL was in charge of it it would be ended and Rangers given the win and SL dumped out. It's the fair thing to do obviously because comebacks in football area apparently impossible now.

It's become pretty bad. I suspect if this were pre match the game wouldn't have been played.

Pasquale for King

Well done Arsenal, not keen on those Rapid Vienna strips. 

Standard Liege ground has changed a bit since we played there in 92-93, interesting trip to the “Belgian version of Motherwell”, first time I saw police with automatic weapons 😱🤔🙈

30 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Celtic will get a backs to the wall lucky draw or a sneaky victory by parking the bus and getting a lucky breakaway goal and all will be forgotten about Rangers pumping them and they will be claiming to be a European superpower again. 
Obviously in real life I hope they get pumped senseless and Lennon’s head explodes.