Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Bayern to win and a draw between Napoli and Barcelona

as above in acca with Madrid to win and Juventus to win

didn't do well tonight with the acca

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Ramos :lol:

It had been just over a year since his last red, which is quite impressive for him, although he did once manage nearly two years without one.

Just now, Frankfurter said:

It had been just over a year since his last red, which is quite impressive for him, although he did once manage nearly two years without one.

i dont remember ramos being injured for 2 seasons

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Frankfurter said:

That’s a surprise.

Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Should have played for Rangers. He'd only have got half the reds, and had half of those rescinded.

According to one of the Zombies on YouTube, the reason Rangers are failing in the SPFL recently but beating Braga is because of fair refs in Europe :rofl:

Edited by Arthur Morgan

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

According to one of the Zombies on YouTube, the reason Rangers are failing in the SPFL recently but beating Braga is because of fair refs in Europe :rofl:

That’s a belter.

27 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

didn't do well tonight with the acca

Thank goodness for last night

Looking at the last 16 it's hard to see beyond Manchester City, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Barcelona with PSG in with a chance as well

Of course other sides may defeat those above but I doubt the winners will come from outside the teams above

Manchester City winning would put the cat among the pigeons as surely they would be winning it having broken the regulations should their appeal not be successful. They will however have the incentive of this possibly being their last chance for a season or two.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Looking at the last 16 it's hard to see beyond Manchester City, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Barcelona with PSG in with a chance as well

Of course other sides may defeat those above but I doubt the winners will come from outside the teams above

Manchester City winning would put the cat among the pigeons as surely they would be winning it having broken the regulations should their appeal not be successful. They will however have the incentive of this possibly being their last chance for a season or two.

Man City will be in the Champions League next season, not a chance they won’t be.  Will be quite ironic, but I think they’ll be the only English team in the last 8 and have their best chance of winning it this year.  

I love Ramos. Mr 100% for Real and scores a lot of important goals. 

edit. Just seen the incident. Ridiculous simulation from Jesus. 

Edited by Tazio

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

:pleasing:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Man City will be in the Champions League next season, not a chance they won’t be.  Will be quite ironic, but I think they’ll be the only English team in the last 8 and have their best chance of winning it this year.  

If Liverpool go out before them, I think City will win it. Pep is shit scared of Liverpool.

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Almost as bad as Sergio's swandive to try and get the first goal chalked off.

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Isn't the period man city are accused only something like 2013 to 2016 so they are now complying.

Out of the last two weeks matches I would put Bayern Munich as favourites just now. But we all know how quickly that can change

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Liverpool go out before them, I think City will win it. Pep is shit scared of Liverpool.

He is not really.

1 defeat in the last four games.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Almost as bad as Sergio's swandive to try and get the first goal chalked off.

Beaten in the air by the tiny Jesus.😂

On a side note after watching Leeds and other teams pushing for promotion to the prem then watching teams in the champions league, (Bayern, City etc) the gulf between the teams, quality of players at the top level is staggering. The money involved is eye watering.

To think Leeds got so far in the tournament years ago then nose dived because of over spending.

29 minutes ago, Rizla said:

On a side note after watching Leeds and other teams pushing for promotion to the prem then watching teams in the champions league, (Bayern, City etc) the gulf between the teams, quality of players at the top level is staggering. The money involved is eye watering.

To think Leeds got so far in the tournament years ago then nose dived because of over spending.

Leeds have potential. To maybe challenge a bit.

Certainly you make a good point. I think there will be more 'super clubs'. More money coming into game. A club like Leeds could get major investment. A bigger gap is getting biggger. People will also learn from failures such as PSG (so far).

Going back Dundee United in semi finals and Nottingham Forest winning European Cup is impossible now. These teams can barely get through the qualifying rounds. 

The Old Tolbooth

City deserved that win last night, and you won't hear me saying that too often! Real Madrid are a spent force in Europe just now, as are Barca, neither will be anywhere near the final, which is pleasing,  Bayern Munich look most impressive though. 

The champions league has gone like the English prem. You have the super clubs that will win it then you have the ones that are involved each year and put up a decent fight then you get the clubs that have managed to qualify that particular season and get battered.

I can’t see it changing or getting better/more even for others.

the rich will get richer..

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

City deserved that win last night, and you won't hear me saying that too often! Real Madrid are a spent force in Europe just now, as are Barca, neither will be anywhere near the final, which is pleasing,  Bayern Munich look most impressive though. 

Barcelona could draw Atalanta next ...

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Napoli aren't out yet. 

Barcelona last lost a Champions League home game on 01/05/13, since then they have won 31 and drawn 4. Napoli have only won 4 out of their last 22 away Champions League games. Napoli are also currently 24 points behind league leaders Juventus and have been very poor this season.  The chances of Napoli going through are extremely slim. 

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Barcelona last lost a Champions League home game on 01/05/13, since then they have won 31 and drawn 4. Napoli have only won 4 out of their last 22 away Champions League games. Napoli are also currently 24 points behind league leaders Juventus and have been very poor this season.  The chances of Napoli going through are extremely slim. 

Agreed, but they're not out yet. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Agreed, but they're not out yet. 

Agreed. Notably Napoli have managed away draws and Liverpool and PSG, so you never do know. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Agreed. Notably Napoli have managed away draws and Liverpool and PSG, so you never do know. 

I was impressed with the way Napoli played against Liverpool, but they had a different manager then, and they're not so clever in their own league now either, looks like they made a mistake in getting rid of Mancini. 

6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was impressed with the way Napoli played against Liverpool, but they had a different manager then, and they're not so clever in their own league now either, looks like they made a mistake in getting rid of Mancini. 

Yeah I really enjoyed watching Napoli over the last couple of seasons but they've regressed badly. It's good that almost all the Champions League games are still alive. Only the Bayern and Valencia ties look dead so far.

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yeah I really enjoyed watching Napoli over the last couple of seasons but they've regressed badly. It's good that almost all the Champions League games are still alive. Only the Bayern and Valencia ties look dead so far.

I wouldn't give much hope to Real Madrid either tbh, I just think City are a better side than them, although City do have a tendency to choke in Europe when least expected, and that's the only way I see them losing out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 10th March 2020

RB Leipzig v Tottenham Hotspur

Valencia v Atalanta

Wednesday 11th March 2020

Liverpool v Atletico Madrid

PSG v Borussia Dortmund

I’m going for wins for Leipzig, Liverpool and PSG with a draw in the Valencia game.

annushorribilis III
Just now, Jeff said:

What on earth happened there!? Hope the boys alright

Anyone ? Stream failed and failed again on the replay. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What on earth happened there!? Hope the boys alright

Broken nose they said it looks like on radio