Champions League 2019/20

kila

7 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

And in true French fashion, they'll wave the white flag to some Germans in the final.

No one going for an all French final?

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• CJGJ

• The Internet

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens now, and who forteits the tie - assuming they can’t reschedule.

As I mentioned before, Drita (another side from Kosovo) were expelled when one of their players tested positive ahead of the preliminary final vs Linfield. Linfield were awarded the 3-0 win. Would imagine the same goes for this team. Bit shit that they had to travel there though.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No one going for an all French final?

Would be incredible but Bayern Munich are just like robots at the moment. They just don't know how to lose.

I'd love Lyon to win it though. Can't stand PSG and I'm not really a fan of Bayern at all as many know, despite my admiration for how good a side they are.

Stephane Grappelli
On 15/08/2020 at 15:50, ri Alban said:

Who do Real play in the QFs

It was all about the league this year.  They won the Spanish Super Cup too so not a bad season all in all. The only Spanish club to win a trophy this season.

14 minutes ago, Locky said:

Would be incredible but Bayern Munich are just like robots at the moment. They just don't know how to lose.

I'd love Lyon to win it though. Can't stand PSG and I'm not really a fan of Bayern at all as many know, despite my admiration for how good a side they are.

Out of interest, why don’t you like Bayern as a club?

6 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

It was all about the league this year.  They won the Spanish Super Cup too so not a bad season all in all. The only Spanish club to win a trophy this season.

:yas: 

57 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:yas: 

Zidane should be emptied for his CL efforts. Pathetic! And his treatment of Gareth Bale is shocking. Baldy twat! 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Zidane should be emptied for his CL efforts. Pathetic! And his treatment of Gareth Bale is shocking. Baldy twat! 

Bale's attitude to his employer is shocking, Zidane should be giving him nipple gripples every day and kicking him down the stairs.

The Internet

Pretty sure this is his first season in management where he hasn't won the champions league :lol: think we can allow him one. 

16 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Watching Neymar makes me hate football.

Neymar is a diving cheat.  It's disgusting how much he rolls around after being bumped into, and then as soon as the free kick is awarded, or the yellow card given, he is straight up on his feet.  He limps about for 15 seconds to "sell" it a bit, and then is straight back into sprinting around like nothing has happened.

Many times last night the commentators mentioned how he is "waiting for the contact" and that defenders shouldn't "give him the chance to go down".  Why on Earth does the referee fall for it every single time?

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Bale's attitude to his employer is shocking, Zidane should be giving him nipple gripples every day and kicking him down the stairs.

Stopped his big money move to China.So he stays at his previous big money move to Madrid.

Sensible lad.Injury prone player getting paid mega bucks as no club will by him for current wages.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You are right. I hate watching players with loads of skill, a great work ethic and a real desire to help his team get through to the final of tournament.

Would much rather watch folk like Messi giving up after an hour of Barcelona's game or good honest Scottish professionals kicking lumps out of each other and failing to trap the ball.

Maybe about time you stopped listening to the pish pundits come out with and watch what he does on the pitch as well as listening to what his team mates are saying.

Ron Burgundy
32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You are right. I hate watching players with loads of skill, a great work ethic and a real desire to help his team get through to the final of tournament.

Would much rather watch folk like Messi giving up after an hour of Barcelona's game or good honest Scottish professionals kicking lumps out of each other and failing to trap the ball.

Maybe about time you stopped listening to the pish pundits come out with and watch what he does on the pitch as well as listening to what his team mates are saying.

He's a cheating prick. Worst I have ever seen. No doubt he's talented but I couldn't care less. He's a ^^^^.

Maybe about time you stopped idolising slimy cheating wee *****'s.

17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hey you!

Watch what you say about the great man.

Zizou :notworthy:

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I agree, Ron.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neymar is a joy to watch. Great player. Great attitude. 

You what?

🤷🏿‍♂️

19 hours ago, Locky said:

As I mentioned before, Drita (another side from Kosovo) were expelled when one of their players tested positive ahead of the preliminary final vs Linfield. Linfield were awarded the 3-0 win. Would imagine the same goes for this team. Bit shit that they had to travel there though.

Hearing today that Lincoln Red Imps and Prishtina will take place but no player who travelled to Gibraltar yesterday will be able to participate. 

14 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Hearing today that Lincoln Red Imps and Prishtina will take place but no player who travelled to Gibraltar yesterday will be able to participate. 

Yeah I just heard the same about tonight's match between Klaksvik and Slovan Bratislava. Slovan had a player test positive so they've been given the choice to either forfeit, or replay the match on Friday with an entire new squad.

Lyon v Bayern Munich - 8pm.

Lyon manager Rudi Garcia was involved in two heavy defeats against Bayern (1-7 as Roma manager and 1-6 as Lille manager).

24 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Lyon v Bayern Munich - 8pm.

Lyon manager Rudi Garcia was involved in two heavy defeats against Bayern (1-7 as Roma manager and 1-6 as Lille manager).

20200819_185344.jpg

59 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

They played their only CL semi-final 10 years ago.

Thomas Muller was in the starting lineup too.

Yeah. A player written off by so many last few years.

Celtic will face Ferencvaros at Celtic Park (again!) next week in the 2nd round.

No away leg.

The Hungarian champions beat Djurgarden 2-0 tonight.

2 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Celtic will face Ferencvaros at Celtic Park (again!) next week in the 2nd round.

No away leg.

The Hungarian champions beat Djurgarden 2-0 tonight.

Picked up a Ferencvaros scarf when I went to one of their matches in February. It's green but **** it.

The Internet

Yeah Lyon look well dangerous on the counter. Still expect Bayern to do them but there's a threat there.

10 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.jpeg.788f5e6e1099f5159b75d77551b2e559.jpeg

🤢

Thankfully the scarf I chose is predominantly black with green writing. Felt weird cheering a team on in green and white when I was there.

image.jpeg.eae0c3df1e3b356dd15c0c0a08703308.jpeg

Prishtina have apparently loaned players from other Kosovan clubs for the game.

UEFA’s Covid regulations let a team play players not in the original squad if the squad is quarantined. 

Weird. 

7 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.jpeg.eae0c3df1e3b356dd15c0c0a08703308.jpeg

Prishtina have apparently loaned players from other Kosovan clubs for the game.

UEFA’s Covid regulations let a team play players not in the original squad if the squad is quarantined. 

Weird. 

Mad. If that happened with a Scottish team, the one-time loaned players would be booting the ball into their own net to assure they progress no further.

Tennant's  6's

Yeah, Lyon are going to have to change their tactics , make changes to even have a chance if getting back into the game. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You always regret not taking your chances in these games. 

Yup. Could be one up but lose a goal straight away. 

All over now, probably a lot more to come. 

Still baffles me why PSG don’t just try to be the French national team.

Do a Bayern / Barca.

Forget Neymar.

They should have Mbappe playing with Dembele, Pogba and Kante.

Bayern is almost run by Germans and Barca is run by Spaniards.

It might be a result of PSG run by Qataris.

8 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Still baffles me why PSG don’t just try to be the French national team.

Do a Bayern / Barca.

Forget Neymar.

They should have Mbappe playing with Dembele, Pogba and Kante.

Bayern is almost run by Germans and Barca is run by Spaniards.

It might be a result of PSG run by Qataris.

There's probably more French players in the PSG team than Spaniards in Barca. 

Lyon chances :wow: Bayerns' Gnabry :robboyas: 2nd half :kirk:

Great wee game so far.  I think there's more goals for Bayern.  Hat trick for Gnabry no doubts.

Why do Lyon insist on trying to play those balls down the right flank. No one is getting past wee Davies. He's an absolute machine.