Jump to content
kila

Champions League 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, kila said:


Liverpool and BVB

 

BTTS in both

 

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Draw in Madrid.

 

Draw in Dortmund.

 

Away win for Valencia.

 

Home win for Spurs.

 

 


I think Atletico Madrid might beat Liverpool but get knocked out at Anfield. Liverpool haven’t got the best away record in the Champions League but if the tie is live you always fancy them to finish the job at home. Dortmund v PSG could be a great game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

I used to enjoy Champions league matches but lost interest many years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I used to enjoy Champions league matches but lost interest many years ago. 

 

Sort of post someone who lacks a BT Sports subscription would write

 

The knock out stages have still been good entertainment the last couple of years I think, the Liverpool come back against Barcelona etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26

liverpool win and draw in dortmund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
27 minutes ago, kila said:

 

Sort of post someone who lacks a BT Sports subscription would write

 

The knock out stages have still been good entertainment the last couple of years I think, the Liverpool come back against Barcelona etc.

 

 

I did have a BT sports subscription but cancelled it as I wasn’t really watching Champions League matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny

Son is out for the rest of the season.

Cannot see Spurs doing anything this season now without Son and Kane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I did have a BT sports subscription but cancelled it as I wasn’t really watching Champions League matches. 

 

Once SPFL goes fully Sky next season I'll likely ditch BT Sport

 

Shame the Champions League is no longer on free channels (other than the final)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 


I think Atletico Madrid might beat Liverpool but get knocked out at Anfield. Liverpool haven’t got the best away record in the Champions League but if the tie is live you always fancy them to finish the job at home. Dortmund v PSG could be a great game.

I’ve got bts and draws on both games Double 17/1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, One five said:

I’ve got bts and draws on both games Double 17/1.


Fancy a lot of goals in Dortmund game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Fancy a lot of goals in Dortmund game.

Hope so mate 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila

This game must look amazing on a 100" TV

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten

Amazing Dortmund counter-attack a few minutes ago. They simply raced forward as a unit, absolutely sprinting. They were six on three but managed to stuff up the chance. Wonderful to see that attacking intent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot

Atletico were 3/1 tnite. Even though LFC have been brilliant this season I fancied that. Didnt bet on it tho as I am a shite bag.

 

Liverpool are baws deep on the EPL. I couldn't care less if WE lose this but win the league. I think that mentality is in the players heads too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

Haaland :pray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

Mbappe just unstoppable at times. Can't defend against that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Have referees in Europe just give up on foul throws?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

****ing hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten

Ooooft!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

Turned the Pompey v. Exeter game on with ten mins left it was 0-0. It's now 2-2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dumpson

That strike from Haaland ! 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Turned the Pompey v. Exeter game on with ten mins left it was 0-0. It's now 2-2. 

 

3-2 now. Five mins into injury time. Best 15 mins of football I've seen in a long time. 

 

Can't find the "other games" thread for this. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redhelen
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

3-2 now. Five mins into injury time. Best 15 mins of football I've seen in a long time. 

 

Can't find the "other games" thread for this. 

A good 2nd half, end to end stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles
9 minutes ago, dumpson said:

That strike from Haaland ! 😱

 

Edited by Dino Velvet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluesy1874

Hes pretty special is Haaland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff

Partey was diff class for Atletico tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VALDOS'

Atletico and Napoli have shown there just hasn't been that level of opponent for Liverpool in the EPL this season. 

 

Still can't believe one the English clubs never took Haaland, delighted for Dortmund though, they could be a force if they hold onto him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ

Liverpool will not fear that side in the home tie but you know what you are going to get from them

 

You admire Atletico's defensive strength but they really are a terrible side to watch

 

Still advantage Atletico but lets hope a referee with eyesight and common sense is in charge for the next tie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riddley Walker

Haaland's movement and finishing is absolutely phenomenal. Unbelievable he's only 19. 

Edited by Riddley Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan

Liverpool not getting an away goal could be the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Well thank god Andy Robertson isn’t bitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
Just now, Riddley Walker said:

Haaland's movement and finishing is absolutely phenomenal. Unbelievable he's only 19. 

 

Utd apparently turned him down cos they'd have to give a slice of his future fee to an agent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Liverpool not getting an away goal could be the difference. 

It was a problem against Barcelona last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It was a problem against Barcelona last season

Somehow I can't see Atletico going for it in the 2nd leg, they'll try to hit Liverpool on the counter unlike Barcelona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

one stride is like 15 yards for this boy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HardcoreJambo

Haaland is going through one of the best spells I've ever seen from a player. He literally has it all. I honestly believe he's better than the PSG strikers who are worth more than the entire Dortmund side. Man U must be kicking themselves. This guy could go on to challenge Pele's goalscoring record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

Haaland is one of the best strikers I've ever seen at his age. That goal reminded me of Luiz Ronaldo and Batistuta in their prime, pace, power, touch and tale the net off. If he keeps improving at this rate he'll be unplayable in the next 5-10 years. Dortmund got themselves a bargain. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
5 hours ago, kila said:

 

Once SPFL goes fully Sky next season I'll likely ditch BT Sport

 

Shame the Champions League is no longer on free channels (other than the final)

 

 

 

 

Yip, I'm ditching it because of that. 

 

Lose it In April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff
17 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

Haaland is going through one of the best spells I've ever seen from a player. He literally has it all. I honestly believe he's better than the PSG strikers who are worth more than the entire Dortmund side. Man U must be kicking themselves. This guy could go on to challenge Pele's goalscoring record.

 

Don't think he'd have went to Man U after what their captain done to his dad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan

Apparently he has a €75m release clause so I doubt he'll be at Dortmund for long. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HardcoreJambo
4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Apparently he has a €75m release clause so I doubt he'll be at Dortmund for long. 

 

Really? Real or Liverpool etc will be onto that in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye
8 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

 

Utd apparently turned him down cos they'd have to give a slice of his future fee to an agent. 

 

Haaland has the same agent as Pogba. No danger Man U will deal with him again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VALDOS'
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well thank god Andy Robertson isn’t bitter. 

He's really coming across as the prize prick over the last 12 months, I think it's all starting to go to his head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well thank god Andy Robertson isn’t bitter. 

 

Even I have to agree that he's not exactly covering himself in glory when he speaks these days, I get where he came from, but just shut up and get on with it in the second leg. 

 

I think some of the problem is that VAR in the EPL is waaaaaaay different to VAR in the CL, and the players expected VAR to look at a few things last night which didn't happen, which would have happened in the EPL, and it's the VAR in the EPL that's the bigger car crash. It'll most likely be the same when Spurs play tonight, and City play next week etc. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
23 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 


I think Atletico Madrid might beat Liverpool but get knocked out at Anfield. Liverpool haven’t got the best away record in the Champions League but if the tie is live you always fancy them to finish the job at home. Dortmund v PSG could be a great game.

Well done, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well done, btw.


Wish I’d bet it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Wish I’d bet it!

Feckin so do I!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Feckin so do I!


Who you fancy tonight? Leipzig to beat Spurs looks value .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:


Who you fancy tonight? Leipzig to beat Spurs looks value .

Initially, I fancied Spurs but, with Son and Kane missing, I’m leaning towards Leipzig now.

 

Valencia in the other game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila

Any predictions for VAR tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...