Sportsound on now.

Sagan

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

your personal crusade to get another human being dismissed from their employment

lol - regardless of what you think of Levein, this is hilariously melodramatic stuff.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sagan

• siegementality

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

On and on 7*24, your personal crusade to get another human being dismissed from their employment is tragic. Give it a rest for a few days to give yourself and everyone else a break. Nothing is going to happen until Sunday so take Friday and Saturday off please 

You wanted cathro sacked.

does he not fall into your “human being dismissed from their employment” category?

just wondering 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have no doubt that Vlad would have bumped Levein like the rest - however for Levein fanboys to suggest he went to Leicester because he saw through Romanov when nobody did at that stage is pure crap!

I’m sure lots of things factored into levein’s decision to move but I’m assuming Levein met Romanov and talked to him about his plans for the playing side which no doubt included parachuting in dozens of players selected by romanov, so he probably had a much better insight into Romanov from the football side than anyone else. Or maybe they didn’t meet and that in itself would have been a red flag.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’m sure lots of things factored into levein’s decision to move but I’m assuming Levein met Romanov and talked to him about his plans for the playing side which no doubt included parachuting in dozens of players selected by romanov, so he probably had a much better insight into Romanov from the football side than anyone else. Or maybe they didn’t meet and that in itself would have been a red flag.

Wasn’t Levein leaving for Leicester before Vlad took over? Think he had already decided he was away regardless of who the owner was. Could be remembering it wrong. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

On and on 7*24, your personal crusade to get another human being dismissed from their employment is tragic. Give it a rest for a few days to give yourself and everyone else a break. Nothing is going to happen until Sunday so take Friday and Saturday off please 

:cornette_dog:

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, farin said:

Yep, levein left just before Romanov bought out the pieman. 

Vlad agreed to buy out Robinson end Sept. Levein left end Oct. Romanov formally took over the next Feb. Either way it’s crazy to think the takeover didn’t factor into his decision. I know as a fan I was worried about Romanov’s intentions.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Vlad agreed to buy out Robinson end Sept. Levein left end Oct. Romanov formally took over the next Feb. Either way it’s crazy to think the takeover didn’t factor into his decision. I know as a fan I was worried about Romanov’s intentions.

Funny how memory can play tricks on you. I was sure there were only days in it. Almost too late for CL to knock back Leicester (even if he wanted to). Not doubting you btw just surprised.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, farin said:

Hearts refused them permission to talk to levein but he was hell bent on going, he was due to have a meeting with vlad but left before that happened. After 6 defeats in a row & getting just 2 points out of a possible 30 he was then sacked with a £200k pay-off after just 15 months in charge down there. I always wondered if he regretted leaving when he did tbh. Hindsight & all that . 

Doubt it. Romanov would have binned him the way he did every other manager!

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, farin said:

Hearts refused them permission to talk to levein but he was hell bent on going, he was due to have a meeting with vlad but left before that happened. After 6 defeats in a row & getting just 2 points out of a possible 30 he was then sacked with a £200k pay-off after just 15 months in charge down there. I always wondered if he regretted leaving when he did tbh. Hindsight & all that . 

It’s amazing how much people get paid for being a failure.

Levein’s quite good at that.

On 19/09/2019 at 03:54, Shaggy2 said:

I think there’s something in that. Definitely recall Craig saying he didn’t fancy working under Vlad, although that was easy to say in hindsight from Leicester. He didn’t fancy change and was always hugely supportive of Robinson but very quickly left when Leicester came calling, very possibly for all the reasons CFS has stated. A hell of a lot of allegations were thrown about at the time. 

If that's true Levein should understand that no manager wants to work under him. 

4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I quite enjoyed it tonight.All about the Derby .Kevin Kyle was good and I always enjoy listening to big yogi.

Yeah, it was a good listen. 

We could do with some players that have Kevin Kyle's mentality. 

On 19/09/2019 at 00:10, Zlatanable said:

No, I am pretty certain Craig Levein knew working with Vlad was a non-runner. 

He left for personal reasons, stop talking shite. End off.