Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The fact is with Naismith and others fit we’d have been challenging for europe minimum.

That's a fact is it? 😂

I think you'll find that it's a fact that our manager hasn't been able to do jot with the players he does have available and we find ourselves down the bottom of the league. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

We adequately replaced other key players?

Really? 

Who replaced Haring, who replaced Souttar and who replaced Ikpeazu?

I’m not sure what’s unclear about us being top of the league UNTIL Naismith was injured, that’s a fact. Berra was replaced by Dunne, Souttar was replaced by Dikamona, Haring was still playing and Uche had barely scored a goal even when we were flying. As I said it fell apart AFTER Naismith was injured at Dens Park at 3 nil up and he should’ve been resting on the bench for the Semi final. We then nose dived WITHOUT Naismith, which you’ve tried to get away from saying was a lie, something no other Hearts fan would deny (even Levein admitted it ffs).

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Not only is Naismith the best attack minded player at our club (if not best player full stop) he also does Craig Levein's job on the park by constantly barking orders and making sure people know their role.  It amazed me when Souttar was given the captaincy over Naismith. 

To say we miss him is an understatement, but it's also not healthy! We shouldn't have to rely on one player!

Definitely 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I feel it goes without saying that labeling Naismith a key player would amount to an understatement. I would deem a fit Naismith to be the first name on a Levein first 11.

A fit Naismith doesn't just provide goals - the very presence of such quality creates disturbances in opposition setups that can develop into openings for others.

The kind of player who provides that qualitative edge required to frequently get that odd goal for a result of any kind in this very tight league. 

Exactly, a myth and a lie according to our above average IQ expert.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Too many variables. I just think we rely on him far too much, but i agree that all the other injuries haven't helped. 

If we had a settled team, the main man being injured shouldn't make as much of an impact as it has. 

Absolutely and the management should be able to come up with a plan for when he’s out.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you know how we’re coaching players? Players have already spoken up to say they’ve let the manager and coaches down with lots of silly mistakes. 

I’m not saying coaching isn’t part of it but the injuries are the most obvious reason. 

You mentioned carrying the ball from defence. Souttar’s our best for that. Injured. Halkett was doing a fine impression of him though. Injured.

The LC games were competitive warm ups. Motherwell were brilliant in them then we beat them. All that matters with the LC is we’re still in it.

Toque if you really can't see it then we inevitably need to agree to disagree. You will notice the difference when the changes eventually happen. 

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Toque if you really can't see it then we inevitably need to agree to disagree. You will notice the difference when the changes eventually happen. 

I can see how we're playing, but I have no idea how we're being coached. We set up differently in different games. We generally want to play from the back and find passes rather than hit back to front. Damour and Whelan dropped back to pick up the ball and tried to start things lately. We use someone like Uche as an out ball, sometimes too much, especially if we're under pressure. We try to get the ball to the more creative players like Walker, Meshino, Naismith and Mulraney. We want someone like Meshino to link play and get into shooting positions. We want Mulraney and other wide players to get crosses in and we want bodies in the box when those crosses come in, which is where both goals came from against Aberdeen. That's what I've seen us try to do. Whether it works every time is another matter.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I can see how we're playing, but I have no idea how we're being coached. We set up differently in different games. We generally want to play from the back and find passes rather than hit back to front. Damour and Whelan dropped back to pick up the ball and tried to start things lately. We use someone like Uche as an out ball, sometimes too much, especially if we're under pressure. We try to get the ball to the more creative players like Walker, Meshino, Naismith and Mulraney. We want someone like Meshino to link play and get into shooting positions. We want Mulraney and other wide players to get crosses in and we want bodies in the box when those crosses come in, which is where both goals came from against Aberdeen. That's what I've seen us try to do. Whether it works every time is another matter.

You don't really have to go into so much detail. 

Levein doesn't have a goal scoring mentality. 

Our goal scoring record has been absolutely shocking since he took over, hence the Shankland thread. 

He is what he is and i can't see him changing. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Our goal scoring record has been absolutely shocking since he took over, hence the Shankland thread. 

Ironically, with 9 goals the same as Aberdeen, scoring hasn't been our big problem so far this season, poor defending is what's cost us. Either way, I'm pretty sure we'd have scored more goals with our main striker(s) fit!

I liked what El Gato had to say

“I would definitely have preferred to concede one goal and score two because the team winning is what really matters.

Levein's mentality seems to be the opposite. He'd rather keep a clean sheet and stand with his fingers crossed that we get a goal from one of Macphee's legendary free kick routines. 

This is a twist.

So the players are following the managers instructions, getting themselves into goal scoring positions, playing from back to front, dropping back when required, putting in crosses when required.

But he doesn’t (Levein) have a goal scoring mentality?

Thats a cracker. 

Just when you think trolling can’t be any more obvious Sagan and his multi previous usernames steps up and wins again.

I wasn't being sarcastic mate, just agreeing to disagree. 

We knock crosses into the box all the time but the quality is often questionable and Uche is poor in the air for his height. Aberdeen goals came from a poor missed defensive header that fortuitously fell to Maclean (nice calm finish though) and one of our 2 best headers of the ball gambling because we were trying to save the game (Mulraney ball was his best of the evening). 

Ball should be coming out of defence through our defensive midfielders and our movement in midfield to create space for the ball carrier and free up ideally a full back into space. We are awful in these situations and the ball ends up being transferred along the back line - incidentally there is nothing wrong with that per se, players should be moving off the ball to create an angle for a good pass or space for the ball carrier to advance into. 

The setting up differently doesn't help in my opinion. Our budget dictates that we can buy players of a certain quality, getting them to play one system well takes weeks of work so asking them to change shape and often position in a week seems a big ask. Get a shape we coach through the age groups and stick with it. If it means we get turned over by teams with better quality players then fair enough fans will generally accept that. I don't have unrealistic expectations of the team, just that we try and make the best of what we have and what we are likely to be able to afford to bring in. 

Edited by Jodami

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry Toque, I did reply just forgot to quote you! 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

This is a twist.

So the players are following the managers instructions, getting themselves into goal scoring positions, playing from back to front, dropping back when required, putting in crosses when required.

But he doesn’t (Levein) have a goal scoring mentality?

Thats a cracker. 

Just when you think trolling can’t be any more obvious Sagan and his multi previous usernames steps up and wins again.

You don't have to accuse me of trolling just because you don't agree with me. 

Our goal scoring record speaks for its self. 

Look at the players he's signed, none of them have good goal scoring records. 

I like Washington, i think he's a class above, but he's not a goal scorer. 

I won't even bother getting into the wighton and shankland thing. 

You don't have to accuse me of trolling just because you don't agree with me. 

Our goal scoring record speaks for its self. 

Look at the players he's signed, none of them have good goal scoring records. 

I like Washington, i think he's a class above, but he's not a goal scorer. 

I won't even bother getting into the wighton and shankland thing. 

You can’t even remember the posts you quoted.

You are tying yourself in knots!!

I can’t agree with you or not because you have no definite position!!

You just reply to posts with no thought (trolling) looking for replies!!!

I will keep this civil as you have a history of crying to certain people when the truth is exposed.

Its obvious and your mask has slipped

again under your current username. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I wasn't being sarcastic mate, just agreeing to disagree. 

We knock crosses into the box all the time but the quality is often questionable and Uche is poor in the air for his height. Aberdeen goals came from a poor missed defensive header that fortuitously fell to Maclean (nice calm finish though) and one of our 2 best headers of the ball gambling because we were trying to save the game (Mulraney ball was his best of the evening). 

Ball should be coming out of defence through our defensive midfielders and our movement in midfield to create space for the ball carrier and free up ideally a full back into space. We are awful in these situations and the ball ends up being transferred along the back line - incidentally there is nothing wrong with that per se, players should be moving off the ball to create an angle for a good pass or space for the ball carrier to advance into. 

The setting up differently doesn't help in my opinion. Our budget dictates that we can buy players of a certain quality, getting them to play one system well takes weeks of work so asking them to change shape and often position in a week seems a big ask. Get a shape we coach through the age groups and stick with it. If it means we get turned over by teams with better quality players then fair enough fans will generally accept that. I don't have unrealistic expectations of the team, just that we try and make the best of what we have and what we are likely to be able to afford to bring in. 

I think this is exactly how we want and try to play. It's why we signed Damour and Whelan, and it's what Haring did last season. The problem as highlighted countless times is the ball carriers and creative players - the outlets for the likes of Haring and co - have been injured. They've basically been the missing link. So no wonder we've found it hard to turn possession into attack and score the goals which win games. 

Naismith last season, and Uche who pre-injury always made himself available and linked up well with MacLean. This season we have Walker, Naismith, Meshino and Washington - again, 3 of them injured. It's all very well saying we need a system, but no team can survive these kind of injuries. Hopefully with more first choice players fit again we'll see how we can really play.

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You can’t even remember the posts you quoted.

You are tying yourself in knots!!

I can’t agree with you or not because you have no definite position!!

You just reply to posts with no thought (trolling) looking for replies!!!

I will keep this civil as you have a history of crying to certain people when the truth is exposed.

Its obvious and your mask has slipped

again under your current username. 

Aye, well, i'm busy doing other things mate, i'm not sitting here reading every post. 

If you want to know my position on something, ask me and i'll reply with honesty. 

Just now, Sagan said:

Aye, well, i'm busy doing other things mate, i'm not sitting here reading every post. 

If you want to know my position on something, ask me and i'll reply with honesty. 

I did via pm and your position was clear.

You forgot about that as well.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Pm? I've not had a Pm in weeks. Hold on, I'll look. 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Oh yeah, you called me an idiot and told me to email the club haha.

I said that it must be boring without me, it must be since you're back commenting on my posts. 

8 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Oh yeah, you called me an idiot and told me to email the club haha.

I said that it must be boring without me, it must be since you're back commenting on my posts. 

My case is closed your honour.

10 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Thank Feck

Cant remember your posts and can’t remember what you said via PM.

A twisted set of lies and deceit.

Can you even remember which username you post under?

Its there for all to see. 

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

A twisted set of lies and deceit  🤣😂🤣

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A twisted set of lies and deceit  🤣😂🤣

You missed the bit about remember the user name posted under?

Think that’s been cleared up.

42 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I remember Rudi Skacel and that's all that matters. 

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

You missed the bit about remember the user name posted under?

Think that’s been cleared up.

What was his previous name?

16 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

There are indicative stats readily available, none of which appear to be disputed by the clubs reported on. For example:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/547202/average-annual-first-team-player-salaray-football-clubs-scottish-premiership/

Before you get all excited and embark on your usual crusade on this topic, understand that this is simply my opinion based on available data.

Your opinion seems to be that it's fine that the fourth highest budget delivers bottom three performance. That's entirely your prerogative.

It's not necessarily the 4th highest budget - it's based on average salaries.  I f a club has only 12 players with an average salary of 100K the playing budget will be £1.2m.  If another club has 30 players earning an average of £60k their playing budget will be £1.8m.  You have simply regurgitated raw figures and the source would be interesting.  Do they work for HMRC?

The Real Maroonblood
On 03/10/2019 at 12:55, Noah Claypole said:

I suspect your only experience is on the Xbox, you certainly post like it is.

I love watching Hearts, absolutely adore it, it's the only reason I work these days so that I can afford it. 

Underperformed, what a load of old media speak bullshit, my eyes tell me all I need to know about how we play. I enjoy it. 

If it was mind numbing I wouldn't bother, wouldn't be getting my frillies in a twist about it either, they day I fall out of love with watching Hearts is the day I croak. 

Still full of shite and trolling.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

No actual Hearts fan enjoyed that today.  

Some will still defend Levein though once the furore has died down.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

True. The belters will he on tomorrow. "Aye but what if we scored and they never, fine margins in aw that."

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They will pile back on Monday.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

True. The belters will he on tomorrow. "Aye but what if we scored and they never, fine margins in aw that."

Does Levein have a big family 🤔?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They will pile back on Monday.

All piling on the same thread, group mentality. Mirroring the excuses trotted out by our failed manager. How much longer do we have to put up with this?

Smith&Weston

I quote Levein on the radio “This has been going on too long now” and have got to ask the question of when this decision is going to be taken out of his hands.  

He can’t fix it.  The team are shot of confidence, have no game plan and are now starting to lack effort.  That all boils down to the management and his coaching staff.  

Yes I have no doubt he is a Hearts man and loves the club but when your time is up, it’s time to go.  

injuries are a big problem as we have 7 of our best players out but the guys playing have all been signed by him and are clearly not good enough.

Time to swallow that pride and do the right thing before we sleep into somewhere we don’t want to go.  

2 hours ago, Smith&Weston said:

I quote Levein on the radio “This has been going on too long now” and have got to ask the question of when this decision is going to be taken out of his hands.  

He can’t fix it.  The team are shot of confidence, have no game plan and are now starting to lack effort.  That all boils down to the management and his coaching staff.  

Yes I have no doubt he is a Hearts man and loves the club but when your time is up, it’s time to go.  

injuries are a big problem as we have 7 of our best players out but the guys playing have all been signed by him and are clearly not good enough.

Time to swallow that pride and do the right thing before we sleep into somewhere we don’t want to go.  

My exact thoughts......after the Hamilton game !

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

🤣 I don’t need asked jamboal. It’s not a private board buddy.

I know it's not a private board but you don't need to answer for everybody.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I know it's not a private board but you don't need to answer for everybody.

Think you should read through my posts al. I don’t answer for everybody. I chose to comment on your comment which was directed at someone else. You then chose once again, to be rude for no reason. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think you should read through my posts al. I don’t answer for everybody. I chose to comment on your comment which was directed at someone else. You then chose once again, to be rude for no reason. 

I chose to point out that I hadn't asked you a question - and I didn't.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I chose to point out that I hadn't asked you a question - and I didn't.

Its not your board. If you ask a poster a question and another poster decides to get involved in that discussion then that is ok. If you’d like to avoid anyone else commenting then that is what the PM function is for.