Washington injury.........?

Section Q

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

At at half time he was walking around with his pants at his ankles, doing stretches, or it may have been one of they big elastic band things, but he was definitely tending some sort of problem, if not his hamstring then his groin.

Honestly anything that goes on is just used to beat the club, manager and owner with

Washington played midweek and it was felt he would be best used coming on. It really is that simple

Imagine a player doing warm up exercises at half time..just unbelievable how professional things are organised

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• The Internet

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I was watching on Hearts TV, and Jimmy Sandison and Laurie Dunsyre were saying it is a hamstring injury. Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed but Jake Mulraney appears to be holding his hamstring during the games, as if he has tweaked something. 

Hamstrings appear to be a big problem at Hearts at the moment. I'm going to bet my yearly wage that the management, coaches etc have no idea what they are doing. I.e. proper warm ups and warm downs, stretching, nutrition etc etc etc.

I noticed Mulerany, he ws no where near 100%.

Washington over stretched trying to control a pass. 

Good player, made a massive difference when he came on, Uche was better and he was far more effective than Maclean. 

**** knows what is happening tho. 

Walker 

Haring

Washingston 

Smith

Naismith 

Souttar 

Even Wighton. 

Horrific tbh. 

Yet some players never get injured like Clare. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

At at half time he was walking around with his pants at his ankles, doing stretches, or it may have been one of they big elastic band things, but he was definitely tending some sort of problem, if not his hamstring then his groin.

That's a warm up, ffs. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good player, made a massive difference when he came on, Uche was better and he was far more effective than Maclean. 

Walker 

Haring

Washingston 

Smith

Naismith 

Souttar 

Even Wighton. 

Horrific tbh. 

Washington is a damn fine football player.

We just need to work out how to get the best from him.

His football intelligence levels are cracking.  It's only the technical part that lets him down.

If we could merge him, Uche and Walker.  We would have a hell of a player.

Hang on a minute.................

Edited by Lovecraft

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Walker 

Haring

Washingston 

Smith

Naismith 

Souttar 

Even Wighton. 

Horrific tbh. 

clare will never get injured as he doesnt try hard enough apart from the odd couple of minutes if he can be arsed :rifle:

jambo-in-furness
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's a warm up, ffs. 

Aye agreed, it’s a warm up with an accent on a certain problem strain or otherwise,  he didn’t exactly come on at half time or shortly after so whatever he was warming up had cooled.

oh aye

ffs

Toxteth O'Grady
12 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Washington is a damn fine football player.

We just need to work out how to get the best from him.

His football intelligence levels are cracking.  It's only the technical part that lets him down.

It’s only sticking the ball in the net that lets him down - the main thing that a striker is supposed to be good at. File under Stephen Elliott

23 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Why else would he be on the bench? If MacLean was simply prefered, i just, well, I, just, I. I want to cry.

And if he did have a strain, like Smith and Naismith before him, he shouldnt have been on the bloody bench, and Meshino or Keena or someone else should've started with MacLean MAYBE making the bench.

Correct. We keep making the same mistakes with injuries. 

How ****** dense can the management team be?. 

22 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I was watching on Hearts TV, and Jimmy Sandison and Laurie Dunsyre were saying it is a hamstring injury. Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed but Jake Mulraney appears to be holding his hamstring during the games, as if he has tweaked something. 

Hamstrings appear to be a big problem at Hearts at the moment. I'm going to bet my yearly wage that the management, coaches etc have no idea what they are doing. I.e. proper warm ups and warm downs, stretching, nutrition etc etc etc.

Mulraney was clutching his hamstring at the end of the Hamilton game as well. 

Washington must have been carrying a knock because why the **** else would you play Maclean. 

26 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It’s only sticking the ball in the net that lets him down - the main thing that a striker is supposed to be good at. File under Stephen Elliott

Exactly...he's not a striker, his finishing thus far has been poor.

When Meshino signed I suggested he should be played up front, as from his videos he looked like a decent finisher...from what I saw at the weekend, I'll stick with that but perhaps as a front two playing off Uche.

Meshino has to start against Hibs.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Deviskan said:

Exactly...he's not a striker, his finishing thus far has been poor.

When Meshino signed I suggested he should be played up front, as from his videos he looked like a decent finisher...from what I saw at the weekend, I'll stick with that but perhaps as a front two playing off Uche.

Meshino has to start against Hibs.

I agree. If he was a finisher he’d have scored and saved Clare’s blushes at the other end. Meshino looks like he has more goal scoring instincts than the rest of them out together but I’m not sure if Man City will want us playing him as a striker 

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I agree. If he was a finisher he’d have scored and saved Clare’s blushes at the other end. Meshino looks like he has more goal scoring instincts than the rest of them out together but I’m not sure if Man City will want us playing him as a striker 

Not sure about that, it looks like he played as a main striker in a percentage of games in Japan (size won't be an issue for them, as their main striker isn't exactly a giant).

Edited by Deviskan

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So we maybe thinking now that it is all just not rotten luck and is something a bit deeper?

I got moaned at by the usual bullies when I suggested this,

I think it's something to do with a poor warm up / warm down and training in general

24 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I got moaned at by the usual bullies when I suggested this,

I think it's something to do with a poor warm up / warm down and training in general

We just have so many pointless positions at Hearts

Between goalkeeping coaches for utterly shite goalkeepers, loan managers for bollocks academy graduates that will never move to a bigger club than Hearts.  Throw in the clear ineptitude of our medical team and Levein's pointless sidekicks in the dugout.

What a cluster **** it all is.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

We just have so m,any pointless positions at Hearts

Between goalkeeping coaches for utterly shite goalkeepers, loan managers for bollocks academy graduates that will never move to a bigger club than Hearts.  Throw in the clear ineptitude of our medical team and Levein's pointless sidekicks in the dugout.

What a cluster **** it all is.

remember the loans manager too

His thigh was strapped up and he should never of been on the bench never mind taking

the field because you don't strap up your thigh if it's 100%.

We as a club are not only a shambles to watch but we're harming our own player because 

not enough care is beng taken to their injuries / fitness.

The rubbish that is spoken by some when they have no medical training amazes me

We have top class staff..we are in the worst run of injuries I can remember...it is 99% due to bad luck not poor training, poor medical help etc etc

Just people jumping on a bandwagon to beat the club manager and certain players with

You should be ashamed tarring people and accusing them of things outwith their control

You have let your frustration take over

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So we maybe thinking now that it is all just not rotten luck and is something a bit deeper?

I think we've had bad luck but I also think something is wrong with either the medical team or the coaches/CL not listening to the medical team.

Injuries such as the ones Souttar has had, Berra's, Naismith's, Uche's, Walker's and a few more are just sheer bad luck - impact injuries or knees, muscle tears due to awkward landings etc.  Have we nursed them back well enough is the question.  Naismith chooses not to use our med team.  That's a guy who has been at big clubs and knows his stuff, so take from that what you will.

Then there's all the recent spate of muscle injuries.  it's really hard to delve through all the shite and decide what is info and what is agenda-led crap, but there have certainly been suggestions that players are being asked to play despite having strains.  Smith and Washington the most recent examples, Haring another. 

Again, who is to blame? 

On one hand, if the medical team are getting it wrong, the coaching staff kind of need to take their advice.  However, it can only be wrong so many times before they are questioned and/or replaced.

On the other hand, if the coaches/CL are not taking the medical advice, then that's another issue.  That would verge on irresponsible and could cause real disharmony and disgruntlement among the squad.

Something definitely isn't right about the whole thing though.  Then add that to the bad luck we've had on the injury front, and it's been a real disaster.  But one that's been hidden behind for too long now.

At a guess, in the last 12/13 months, I would say we've had atleast 3, but more often 5 or 6 first team starters (by which I mean players who'd be in our first 14/in contention for a place) missing for every single game.

Have we had a single game with a full squad or maybe just one long term injury out???

Something which just occurred - if we want to go down the route of bringing in Man City players and the likes, ones of a better standard than we have in the past - we need to sort this.  I'd be looking at our injury record and no way would I send my new £1m Japanese star to Hearts!!!

Long post!!

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

We have top class staff..we are in the worst run of injuries I can remember...it is 99% due to bad luck not poor training, poor medical help etc etc

Just people jumping on a bandwagon to beat the club manager and certain players with

You should be ashamed tarring people and accusing them of things outwith their control

And how do you know all this ?

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Washington, who has scored four goals in 21 international appearances, will be missing for a "number of weeks".

That's really pretty vague. 'A number of weeks' could be anything from 1 to 500+ weeks.

I'm guessing 3 - 7, or they'd start measuring it in months.

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That's really pretty vague. 'A number of weeks' could be anything from 1 to 500+ weeks.

Aye. I'm fairly sure he wouldn't be out for almost a decade with even a torn hamstring.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

how do we know this?

Pasquale for King
On 15/09/2019 at 08:57, Mort said:

Other reason that we should have signed another striker and yet another striker we are stuck with that doesn’t score goals. 

Don’t forget injury prone 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
On 15/09/2019 at 16:50, CJGJ said:

Honestly anything that goes on is just used to beat the club, manager and owner with

Washington played midweek and it was felt he would be best used coming on. It really is that simple

Imagine a player doing warm up exercises at half time..just unbelievable how professional things are organised

Sorry to be pedantic but if you watch our players at halftime none of them stretch or do anything but kick the ball about, all extremely amateurish and backward in this day and age.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

If it is just bad luck it would be a one off. We have had this problem for at least 3 seasons in a row.  Logic suggests it’s something else.

Edited by McCrae

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think we've had bad luck but I also think something is wrong with either the medical team or the coaches/CL not listening to the medical team.

Injuries such as the ones Souttar has had, Berra's, Naismith's, Uche's, Walker's and a few more are just sheer bad luck - impact injuries or knees, muscle tears due to awkward landings etc.  Have we nursed them back well enough is the question.  Naismith chooses not to use our med team.  That's a guy who has been at big clubs and knows his stuff, so take from that what you will.

Then there's all the recent spate of muscle injuries.  it's really hard to delve through all the shite and decide what is info and what is agenda-led crap, but there have certainly been suggestions that players are being asked to play despite having strains.  Smith and Washington the most recent examples, Haring another. 

Again, who is to blame? 

On one hand, if the medical team are getting it wrong, the coaching staff kind of need to take their advice.  However, it can only be wrong so many times before they are questioned and/or replaced.

On the other hand, if the coaches/CL are not taking the medical advice, then that's another issue.  That would verge on irresponsible and could cause real disharmony and disgruntlement among the squad.

Something definitely isn't right about the whole thing though.  Then add that to the bad luck we've had on the injury front, and it's been a real disaster.  But one that's been hidden behind for too long now.

At a guess, in the last 12/13 months, I would say we've had atleast 3, but more often 5 or 6 first team starters (by which I mean players who'd be in our first 14/in contention for a place) missing for every single game.

Have we had a single game with a full squad or maybe just one long term injury out???

Something which just occurred - if we want to go down the route of bringing in Man City players and the likes, ones of a better standard than we have in the past - we need to sort this.  I'd be looking at our injury record and no way would I send my new £1m Japanese star to Hearts!!!

Long post!!

Good post though. Man Utd recalled Perriera right away, unlike Mitchell when he got injured. There has to be more to this. Someone on another thread was questioning whether our staff are top class and mentioned a sports science/medical conference that every club had a representative at apart from us.

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to be pedantic but if you watch our players at halftime none of them stretch or do anything but kick the ball about, all extremely amateurish and backward in this day and age.

This irritates me. When Neilson was in charge the players did half time drills. Now they just boot it about, or the fitness coach gets them in a circle and gets them to do a couple of runs. 

When we played Spurs, their half time drills were a million years away from what we do. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

This irritates me. When Neilson was in charge the players did half time drills. Now they just boot it about, or the fitness coach gets them in a circle and gets them to do a couple of runs. 

When we played Spurs, their half time drills were a million years away from what we do. 

Haven’t noticed the runs but I’m probably eating my ht chocolate ,which is the highlight of games at the moment.

Our injury nightmare might well be a combination of things that all add up, including bad luck.

On 15/09/2019 at 16:58, Smith's right boot said:

Walker 

Haring

Washingston 

Smith

Naismith 

Souttar 

Even Wighton. 

Horrific tbh. 

Sean Clare was out the game injured for over 6 months last year.

Nothing to do with Hearts by the way.

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, before us, I mean't with us. 

Good piont tho. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, graygo said:

When is he due to start playing again? 😂

23 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

clare will never get injured as he doesnt try hard enough apart from the odd couple of minutes if he can be arsed :rifle:

Spot on. 

Mulraney is starting to look like one of these types aswell. 

Was so disappointed in him on Saturday looked like he couldn’t be arsed half the time. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Again, who is to blame? 

Long post!!

Naismith also trains by himself half of the week. Take from that what you will.

The last time we had all our key players fit for a run of games we were 5 points clear at the top of the table last season.

That does not excuse our form since but I don’t understand how with presumably the same training methods and an improved squad - albeit still hampered by injuries that we haven’t got any form back since.

It doesn’t make a huge amount of sense.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Be a bad injury if he's out for almost 10 years. 

Be our luck tho. 

wattie exploited
43 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Spot on. 

Mulraney is starting to look like one of these types aswell. 

Was so disappointed in him on Saturday looked like he couldn’t be arsed half the time. 

really think under a better manager Clare could be a good player he just needs to get his finger out and play for 90 minutes and get his act together 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

really think under a better manager Clare could be a good player he just needs to get his finger out and play for 90 minutes and get his act together 

There’s definitely a player there, needs to play at 10 though. Moving him around and giving him defensive duties does him no favours at all, just because he’s tall doesn’t mean he can mark Central defenders at corners ffs. A good manager will get it out of him.

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

His thigh was strapped up and he should never of been on the bench never mind taking

the field because you don't strap up your thigh if it's 100%.

We as a club are not only a shambles to watch but we're harming our own player because 

not enough care is beng taken to their injuries / fitness.

The club saw what happened with Michael Smith and now they do the same with Washington. 

We just never learn the lesson

Brainless and amauterish the way we deal with injuries. 

So which of our lethal strikers will take his place at the Giro?  Hardly bears thinking about.

Assuming Naismith's still out for another few months, levein will probably adopt a 1 - 10 formation.