Washington injury.........?

Section Q

1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

Out for 3 months....couldn’t make it up

Only at Hearts can a hamstring injury take longer to recover from than a broken leg.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• rick witter

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

****s sake.

😐

Right, I'd be trying to get Gary Hooper in on some kind of deal.

why would he want to come to us?

Get every single one of the first team staff out now. 

We are going to get ****ing relegated man, relying on Uche MacLean and Keena for goals, Jesus ****ing christ 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Surely questions have to be asked of the conditioning staff? Tom Taylor, the physio etc.? This is ridiculous.

Said a while back it's not even bad luck anymore. 

On 16/09/2019 at 08:03, Toxteth O'Grady said:

It’s only sticking the ball in the net that lets him down - the main thing that a striker is supposed to be good at. File under Stephen Elliott

Wait...are we now claiming Elliott was a poor player??

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

why would he want to come to us?

Oh I know...but he is currently without a club. Just wishful thinking though.

:)

It's now a legitimate question to ask if the management are forcing unfit players to play.

We've had Naismith, Smith and now Washington break down during a game with similar injuries after being told they were doubtful prior to the match

Just now, The Treasurer said:

It's now a legitimate question to ask if the management are forcing unfit players to play.

We've had Naismith, Smith and now Washington break down during a game with similar injuries after being told they were doubtful prior to the match

Could ask it at the AGM

Questions need to be asked. Rushing players back , unfit players on the bench .

I wonder who we will lose this Sunday. 

This season is turning into an absolute nightmare

Vlad the impaler

Is Levein still “feeling good” about our attacking options?!?! He was offered Cummings and lafferty on more than one occasion...blanked them both and now here we are. Incompetent at every level

Going to go against the grain here, but I was right in front of him when he got injured.  It was a pointless overstretch for the ball near the edge of the box, he was never going to get it under control.  Think this injury is more in the self imposed category and you could tell from his reaction that he had ****ed up.  

That said, you shouldn’t be tearing your hamstring just stretching for a long ball.  I would normally associate that with an awkward landing or angle of leg placement.  It does look like conditioning is a massive issue at the moment, but it’s difficult to apportion blame as players have a duty not to take stupid risks.

2 minutes ago, the general said:

Sorry just got a text about it but hadn't seen earlier update

no apology needed

our injuries are a bit of a joke just now

Just now, The Treasurer said:

We won't have any players left standing by then !!!

hah yeh that's true.

something seriously wrong with the fitness training / warm up / warm downs.

Anyone with a half a brain can see that now

Captain Canada

So pretty soon we'll be back to where we were last season playing MacLean up front on his own. All we need is Uche to get an injury now and we're screwed.

There's no way all these hamstring injuries are a coincidence. Either it's the training methods or we're playing guys who should be at home resting. 

It's beyond farcical now. We have the infrastructure of a top team and a 'football department' that is amateur in every possible way. 

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Going to go against the grain here, but I was right in front of him when he got injured.  It was a pointless overstretch for the ball near the edge of the box, he was never going to get it under control.  Think this injury is more in the self imposed category and you could tell from his reaction that he had ****ed up.  

That said, you shouldn’t be tearing your hamstring just stretching for a long ball.  I would normally associate that with an awkward landing or angle of leg placement.  It does look like conditioning is a massive issue at the moment, but it’s difficult to apportion blame as players have a duty not to take stupid risks.

Trying to control a ball no matter how bad the pass is is surely the minimum we should be asking of our players...

Vlad the impaler

I wonder if the back spasm that made him miss the first Northern Ireland qualifier was a warning that this type of injury was in the horizon,and if it was you’d think our sports science department would be on it

Do we assume M Smith had a niggle but was asked to play. Do we assume that Washy had a niggle hence was benched then asked to play. Same for Naisy?

If so it is without doubt stupidity in the extreme. He also said he "risked" big Hairy for the cup final a price we are now paying for.

Sums it all up really. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Independent review required of hearts fitness and conditioning department. 

Averaging 1.3 medium to long term injuries per match.

The players do not look fit when the match kicks off.

37 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wait...are we now claiming Elliott was a poor player??

I didn’t rate him as a goal scorer. Plenty of effort but never really struck the ball cleanly or powerfully.

28 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Is Levein still “feeling good” about our attacking options?!?! He was offered Cummings and lafferty on more than one occasion...blanked them both and now here we are. Incompetent at every level

Its his favourite phrase over the last 2 years and has pushed me over the edge Hearts wise due to the continued use of it by him and in an almost shrug of the shoulders way....

Our injuries really need close scrutiny as the element of 'bad luck' surely now has passed well and truly 🙁

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Questions need to be asked. Rushing players back , unfit players on the bench .

I wonder who we will lose this Sunday. 

This season is turning into an absolute nightmare

I started asking this question last season and used Cochrane and Morrison as two examples.  Guess what, I was accused of being a Hibs fan.  It's clear as day there are serious problems in the way Levein manages players from recovery to remaining in top condition, this will be all become obvious when we get a professional set up in as management.

1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I started asking this question last season and used Cochrane and Morrison as two examples.  Guess what, I was accused of being a Hibs fan.  It's clear as day there are serious problems in the way Levein manages players from recovery to remaining in top condition, this will be all become obvious when we get a professional set up in as management.

Next season then.

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Its his favourite phrase over the last 2 years and has pushed me over the edge Hearts wise due to the continued use of it by him and in an almost shrug of the shoulders way....

Our injuries really need close scrutiny as the element of 'bad luck' surely now has passed well and truly 🙁

Yup as long as he’s feeling good,while 16k + feel utter despondent 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Next season then.

Please don't say this, I have never been as low with Hearts.

55 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get every single one of the first team staff out now. 

We are going to get ****ing relegated man, relying on Uche MacLean and Keena for goals, Jesus ****ing christ 

ha there's always McLean

We should have signed Shankland and Zeefuick while we still could.  Maybe Sow too

- I bet they would have scored more goals by now that the current ones we have

15 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Independent review required of hearts fitness and conditioning department. 

Averaging 1.3 medium to long term injuries per match.

The players do not look fit when the match kicks off.

This will all be covered in Ann's review of the playing department. Which will be released when Craig hands it over to her. We'll just have to be patient for the time being as he's currently a bit busy.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

We should have signed Shankland and Zeefuick while we still could.  Maybe Sow too

- I bet they would have scored more goals by now that the current ones we have

You are so giddy at the sight of bad things happening to hearts.