Washington injury.........?

Section Q

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

This will all be covered in Ann's review of the playing department. Which will be released when Craig hands it over to her. We'll just have to be patient for the time being as he's currently a bit busy.

If someone says anything to upset her chum Leanne and her club on Sunday there will be a great allies statement in no time. Priorities n that

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Pasquale for King

• The Internet

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You are so giddy at the sight of bad things happening to hearts. 

No I am not!

please refrain from the personal accusations

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

No I am not!

please refrain from the personal accusations

I mean you clearly are. One of those fans who's at their happiest when moaning. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I mean you clearly are. One of those fans who's at their happiest when moaning. 

as I said - please stop personal presumptions now - as they are incorrect.

36 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Trying to control a ball no matter how bad the pass is is surely the minimum we should be asking of our players...

Even if the ball is head height and about 5 yards in front of them and travelling at pace?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Levein has said that Naismith would be back for the derby, anyone know if he’s training ?

I have no doubt he will be back on Sunday, should he though?

2 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I have no doubt he will be back on Sunday, should he though?

Probably not, he’ll inevitably be out for another 2 months after.

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

as I said - please stop personal presumptions now - as they are incorrect.

Nothing personal about it 👍 just an observation. 

Still it'll give more fuel for all our medical experts to tell us this is not bad luck

Despite them seeing exactly what happened they will relate it to some form of training or terrible medical treatment they will claim he received

Time to follow Birmingham City's example and get this curse lifted !!..that's what it feels like right now on the injury front

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Levein has said that Naismith would be back for the derby, anyone know if he’s training ?

He wont play many games this season - too injury prone now

34 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

When's Naismith likely back?

Levein said after the match at the weekend that he will be back for the derby. So he won't be playing against Aberdeen next midweek.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Still it'll give more fuel for all our medical experts to tell us this is not bad luck

Despite them seeing exactly what happened they will relate it to some form of training or terrible medical treatment they will claim he received

Time to follow Birmingham City's example and get this curse lifted !!..that's what it feels like right now on the injury front

if people don't see that it is a training / fitness issue too - then they are deluded

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

if people don't see that it is a training / fitness issue too - then they are deluded

Ah its Doctor Natural Orders spouting off about something he knows nothing about

Well done and hope that has helped you let off some steam

In the real world those qualified will be working hard to improve matters

Just now, CJGJ said:

Ah its Doctor Natural Orders spouting off about something he knows nothing about

Well done and hope that has helped you let off some steam

In the real world those qualified will be working hard to improve matters

They need replaced as they clearly aren't doing a good job

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I’m starting to think it’s not just a coincidence and bad luck myself tbh. 

Just get the lot of the incompetent arseholes out this is not a coincidence someone is going off injured in every single match!!  

The players are nowhere near fit enough 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m starting to think it’s not just a coincidence and bad luck myself tbh. 

Then rather than think like some poor posters use your brain and think logically

If we believe those posters all the medical staff are incompetent, all the training staff are incompetent, all the dieticians and their support teams are incompetent...clear them all out they cry..madness

They work out of a top class facility, have been employed at other good sized clubs, are qualified to do their job BUT some posters no better than mystic megs are leading you along like a dog on a leash to their point of view

When I buy a house I'll trust the professional to do the electrics rather than some random JKB poster who has no qualification but insists he can do the job telling all and sundry it's easy and the qualified electrician has no idea what he is doing

Just now, upgotheheads said:

What's the situation with Wighton and Henderson? haven't heard either mentioned for a while. 

Wighton is to have an operation or has had an operation on his knee. No idea about Henderson however neaither of these players are the answer to our problems.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Wighton is to have an operation or has had an operation on his knee. No idea about Henderson however neaither of these players are the answer to our problems.

Indeed but who else is there? 

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This injury was just waiting to happen. Washington's thigh wasn't bound up for no reason. He shouldn't of been on the bench never mind him getting on the pitch. Someone needs to be disciplined for this as the whole thing was preventable.

Hagar the Horrible

I think we can rule out bad luck now????  Its either the training regime, the training facilities, or our pitch, or a combination?  We are going through more players than Kangaroos on an episode of Skippy.  Season is already a write off

12 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the situation with Wighton and Henderson? haven't heard either mentioned for a while. 

Henderson is playing for the reserves today.

Hagar the Horrible
29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I think we should buy Birmingham's curse off them,  Or we could just shoot some Gypsy's horse on the pitch and have done with it as a curse would improve matters.  Except I don't believe in curses, its science that's wrong, we are doing something wrong.  WE have a better squad in crutches than we have had in years,  none of those who have returned have performed back at their best.  I fear for Halket and Hickey

15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Henderson started v accies and I thought he looked ok playing as a number 10. Not quick enough as a winger tho. 

2 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Where's Wighton? 

He must be due back to get injured soon. 

Well be fine. 

Would be better just starting with ten, I really don't understand what he brings to the party.  At least with Clare I can see that there is something in there even if he does hide it well but with Wighton I see no point whatsoever.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Neither has shown anything to show they’re good enough or ever will be. 

31 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Apparently CL is running around Riccarton in a full nurses uniform claiming on the injury front that "he's the man to fix it"

😂😂😂😂

i must admit that has brightened up my day. He would be a better nurse than a manager anyway!!!

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It was obvious we needed more cover up front before the transfer window closed. Another poor decision from CL not to add to the squad.

Same as last season then, and the season before.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Expect him to start Sunday and run about doing absolutely feck all.

As he did  the season before last at ER twice.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It was obvious we needed more cover up front before the transfer window closed. Another poor decision from CL not to add to the squad.

And a no1 and a left back, not a crock and a young boy.

I'd be asking Karen Gibson why a player with a torn hamstring was permitted to try and jog off the park, limping and jumping – in obvious agony – the whole way.

A typical hamstring injury is usually what, 6 weeks? I wonder if running with a fresh one may add a further 6 weeks... I'm no expert. 

But then, the so-called experts are presiding over the most farcical injury epidemic I have witnessed as a Hearts supporter of nearly 30 years.

Edited by Hearts_fan

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'd be asking Karen Gibson why a player with a torn hamstring was permitted to try and jog off the park, limping and jumping – in obvious agony – the whole way.

A typical hamstring injury is usually what, 6 weeks? I wonder if running with a fresh one may add a further 6 weeks... I'm no expert. 

But then, the so-called experts are presiding over one of the most farcical injury epidemics I have ever witnessed as a Hearts supporter of nearly 30 years.

It is incredible. 

It used to be an instance of one player maybe coming in and being out long term. Tomaschek is the last one I can think of immediately. 

Maybe guys out for a few weeks here and there with knocks. 

I remember the marvellous Tullberg came in, got injured and retired. 

But as you said, it was one or two guys at most a season. 

Whole squads getting depleted. 

Will we see a mircalous Month of recovery under a new manager??? 

Am I being too skeptical? 

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Maclean up top for the year then, honestly cant even be bothered going back

Your not alone on that game 5 I'm pissed off all ready ,,like many others !!!!

NaturalOrder74
9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Your not alone on that game 5 I'm pissed off all ready ,,like many others !!!!

Its all fallen to shit since we pushed Neilson away

1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

It is incredible. 

It used to be an instance of one player maybe coming in and being out long term. Tomaschek is the last one I can think of immediately. 

Maybe guys out for a few weeks here and there with knocks. 

I remember the marvellous Tullberg came in, got injured and retired. 

But as you said, it was one or two guys at most a season. 

Whole squads getting depleted. 

Will we see a mircalous Month of recovery under a new manager??? 

Am I being too skeptical? 

I remember the days seeing guys stretchered off whilst sitting up on the stretcher ... because they had leg injuries.

These days, only if it's a serious head knock – or a cruciate like Callum Paterson's – do they get stretchered off. 

For everything else, hobble-off... 

Could it be that walking – or even jogging – with a bad fresh injury is not a good idea ????

Clear as day – I saw it that often – I remember Alan Rae signalling for a stretcher with the old what looked like a double hand-job signal... !!

I wonder what Alan Rae would have said to Conor Washington in the immediate aftermath of his injury on Saturday. I suspect he may have said "Sit your arse on the grass'" before signalling for a stretcher. 

But then, I'm no expert.