Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• 1874robbo

• i8hibsh

• JamboSpur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

We are bottom of the league, any new manager literally couldn’t do any worse than levein! They are footballers, the changing of managers is not that unusual to them plus they have contracts with Hearts not CL so they can suck it up. 

Folk think we'll suddenly not be able to sign players because Levein isn't there with his 'contacts' :lol: you'd be forgiven for thinking we are now Craig Levein FC. If he's sacked then we might as well close the stadium forever, all the players will be inconsolable and refuse to play.

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos for trying. 

I do not think we are as bad as some make out but results are not good enough. They're terrible tbh. 

We're 50/50 for the next few games, but even if we beat hibs and got to a another sf I think he's lost a large part of the support for good. 

I think under CL or another we'll improve and be high up the league. 

But, this season, after 5 games we are bottom. Injuries, fitness etc, it does not matter, we need results. 

He isn't getting them. 

We'll get more Motherwell away like performances in the future and climb the league but Surley his time is up?

My biggest concern is what happens next as 99% of the folk who have wanted him gone don't have a plan for what happens next and just assume we'll instantly get better with almost no one thinking we could actually get worse or anything bad might come of him being removed , even for a while. 

How can it get worse? How??

A new manager comes in and doesn’t win a league game until February?

REALITY CHECK FOR THE HIBS SUPPORTING SCOTTISH CUP FINAL MAN - 

That would be on a par with Leveins last six months.

Wake up ffs. You’re embarrassing yourself even more than usual.

9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

We are bottom of the league, any new manager literally couldn’t do any worse than levein! They are footballers, the changing of managers is not that unusual to them plus they have contracts with Hearts not CL so they can suck it up. 

Exactly. Levein himself called players ‘durable’ when he took over from JJ in his first spell.

Basically saying players just want to play. 

The fear some have of change is laughable. We’ve been through it many times and it’s turned out for the best nearly every time.  

I’m praying that the reason our usually camera happy CEO has been so quiet of late is that she’s beavering away trying to secure an impressive successor. She’s a proven success in business and it’d be uncharacteristic for her to have a rush of blood. I’m hoping she’s been working hard on the likes of Michael O’Neil or some such. 

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

I’m praying that the reason our usually camera happy CEO has been so quiet of late is that she’s beavering away trying to secure an impressive successor. She’s a proven success in business and it’d be uncharacteristic for her to have a rush of blood. I’m hoping she’s been working hard on the likes of Michael O’Neil or some such. 

****ing hell, read that as Martin O’Neill for a second and near spat my beer out. 😂 Michael O’Neill would be great but sadly out of range given his salary. 

3 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Can I have a few draws of what you have been smoking!!!!!

1 minute ago, suds66 said:

Can I have a few draws of what you have been smoking!!!!!

I did say ‘hoping’ and ‘praying’ 

But it’s the hope that kills right enough 

You’ve got to think there’s been discussions today at some point? 

I’d imagine the board have given themselves 24 hours to digest things and hopefully it’ll lead to a decision.  They may even have left Levein today (hearing how he was up at the Oriam) to let things settle a little before calling him in for a chat. 

Budge has a rep for stealth until the right moment comes for announcements.

(I’ve not had a Sunday sesh before anyone asks 😬)

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Mrs budge can do no wrong so I'm sure she'll know what's best for the club and Edinburgh

levein did not look well in one of yesterday's photos hopefully just normal strain of an under-pressure football manager

maybe he's too brave too stubborn or whatever to jack it in so hopefully queen Ann will be brave enough to throw in the towel on his behalf if need be

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I said above, what will guys like Naismith, Washington, Meshino, Smith, Damour, Whelan  and Souttar all think if CL and his team are gone, say by Tuesday? 

Well, in the football business I’m sure they are aware that 4 league wins in 9 months is likely to mean the manager is not doing his job very well and being sacked is very likely.

im also sure that they may well be expecting it to be honest (even the new lads).

Ive worked under numerous managers. It happens in life for whatever reason.

usually football clubs kick on as the reason for change is that things just weren’t working.

Theyll maybe even welcome it, or at least should. Things can’t continue.

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

****ing hell, read that as Martin O’Neill for a second and near spat my beer out. 😂 Michael O’Neill would be great but sadly out of range given his salary. 

He already has a job so would just need pocket money to manage us and continue as national coach.

Thats what I keep telling myself.

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

There's no way back, he could win the next 5 games and there will still be this dark cloud hanging over the club with him in charge.  The players have chucked it.  It's sad as he has given so much to the club but every day he is in charge is having a knock on effect across the club for the future.

Not for me, IF he hangs on to his position and then wins the next 5 games then he stays.

Can't see any of that happening though.

The players will be expecting CL to be sacked. They know football is a results driven business and will all have experienced similar situations. Not sacking him will seem strange to them as most football managers are expendable. They must already be questioning his selections and tactics and so keeping him on is more likely to risk further poor performances and results. There is no way back for Levein now with the players or the fans.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The players will be expecting CL to be sacked. They know football is a results driven business and will all have experienced similar situations. Not sacking him will seem strange to them as most football managers are expendable. They must already be questioning his selections and tactics and so keeping him on is more likely to risk further poor performances and results. There is no way back for Levein now with the players or the fans.

It was plain on Saturday that they are not playing for him. They tried. They have to, they have a support to please, but it’s broke now. He’s lost them.

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

You’ve got to think there’s been discussions today at some point? 

I’d imagine the board have given themselves 24 hours to digest things and hopefully it’ll lead to a decision.  They may even have left Levein today (hearing how he was up at the Oriam) to let things settle a little before calling him in for a chat. 

Budge has a rep for stealth until the right moment comes for announcements.

(I’ve not had a Sunday sesh before anyone asks 😬)

This is my thinking. Take Sunday to digest it and maybe have a debriefing then decide on Monday the right course of action. Hopefully that is the removal of CL from the managers role

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Very astute that.  The atmosphere at the Oriam must be very strange indeed.  Hardly conducive to giving our great friends a significant dose of medicine at the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Very astute that.  The atmosphere at the Oriam must be very strange indeed.  Hardly conducive to giving our great friends a significant dose of medicine at the weekend.

Exactly Doug. All we need is the right Matron in charge to ensure that the patient takes all of their medicine...as prescribed 👍

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Just now, bairdy said:

If Craig is relieved of the managers job,  I would  like him to stay in charge of youth development.

This is unbelievable. There are now a hard core of poster who after 10 months of utter shit,and a huge shambles just before that,  are desperate to find him something else to do. He isn't some sort of youth development genius. We don't owe him a job. Just horse him out the door. He's more than ruthless enough to sack anyone that would benefit his own career ffs.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This is unbelievable. There are now a hard core of poster who after 10 months of utter shit,and a huge shambles just before that,  are desperate to find him something else to do. He isn't some sort of youth development genius. We don't owe him a job. Just horse him out the door. He's more than ruthless enough to sack anyone that would benefit his own career ffs.

Excellent post.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

People are allowed to have a different opinion to yourself.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just my opinion mate, although it does seem as though i'm in the 'minority group.'😞

Just now, bairdy said:

Just my opinion mate, although it does seem as though i'm in the 'minority group.'😞

Yeah nothing against you bud.  Just strongly disagree.

There was in interview where budge mentioned she’d have a difficult decision to make if levein failed as manager etc etc. Can anyone find it?

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Where did I say they weren't?

I’m not getting into a tat for tat over this however it’s pretty obvious seeing as the guy you quoted said similar.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah nothing against you bud.  Just strongly disagree.

Fair do's mate.

At the end of the day we all want what's best for the club.👍

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

I’m not getting into a tat for tat over this however it’s pretty obvious seeing as the guy you quoted said similar.

Yeah he said it was his opinion. I strongly disagreed with that opinion. At no point did I say he wasn't allowed that opinion. 

19 minutes ago, bairdy said:

If Craig is relieved of the managers job,  I would  like him to stay in charge of youth development.

I was the same a few weeks ago but his stubbornness not to go and post match interviews blaming everyone and everything bar himself, I've had enough of him and want him away altogether.

Also, the success of the youth development side is questionable so far. Hickey and Irvine look good but so did Cochrane. We've got some lads showing potential but that's it so far. 

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

There was in interview where budge mentioned she’d have a difficult decision to make if levein failed as manager etc etc. Can anyone find it?

Can’t be arsed looking for it but I know the one you mean. Pretty sure it came out not long after he was appointed as manager.

This isn’t it but still shows her mindset...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-ann-budge-explains-why-she-is-fully-behind-hearts-boss-craig-levein-1-4974718

“Would I be uncomfortable having a difficult conversation with Craig about Craig? It’s not something I would want to do. If I felt Craig was no longer adding value, then I would have that conversation. He knows that. Do the supporters believe it? Probably not. I have a good relationship with Craig but I have that with everybody. It doesn’t mean I can’t make a tough decision if one needs to be made.”

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah he said it was his opinion. I strongly disagreed with that opinion. At no point did I say he wasn't allowed that opinion. 

I also did not say that you said he wasn’t allowed an opinion.

See how this gets us nowhere?

Round and round.....

3 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Here it is;

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2402686/hearts-ann-budge-craig-levein-dof/

“What I do know, is that if for whatever reason it did not work, I would certainly want him back as director of football. I think he did very well.”

If that's the case you can discount any self respecting manager from applying.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, Meadows said:

Does anyone think that Daly or Fox are part of the solution or part of the problem? 

Personally , I’d punt them along with our so called GK coach ! 

All 3 to be emptied for me. Many will disagree, but Austin has got something more than useful about him. Would be a poor choice for manager, he wouldn't get a fair crack, but seems to be succeeding with Michael O'Neill

Howdy Doody Jambo

This isn't a difficult decision for Budge to make anymore, it's a No brainer,

but awkward as they obviously have a good working relationship 

Does she have a ruthless business approach? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't always agree with you, I think this however seems actually quite likely. Senior players are in a dark place, let alone the junior ones. Clare has been thrown to the wolves with the perseverance of playing the lad. The group will feel deeply uncomfortable, and even more so because of the massive squad, more self doubt.

Don’t think the criticism of Mrs. Budge is fair.

She did say from outset that she did not know a lot about footballing matters and hired Craig Levein to advise her accordingly. The arrangement went off script when Levein ended up manager after the Cathro failure.

I’d argue that she really did not expect him to be in the role for any length of time. That was not the football model that was agreed when she took up office.

Don’t forget, it was he advising her. The advice was that he was the right man for the job.

For her now to fire Levein means that not only does the club need to find another manager, she would need to find another adviser, a very big step.  

Craig Levein is 100% the culprit here. He should have gone after the cup final. That way he could have slipped into the background somewhere and remained as Mrs. Budge’s adviser.

It’s too late for that however, by any standard; he should have been long gone now. His arrogance that he can “fix” things is astonishing only matched by his boned-headed reluctance to put the club first. His continuing presence compromises Mrs. Budge, he should do the decent thing and resign, letting her off the hook.    

10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I can see it being McPhee.

18 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Here it is;

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2402686/hearts-ann-budge-craig-levein-dof/

“What I do know, is that if for whatever reason it did not work, I would certainly want him back as director of football. I think he did very well.”

Oh FFS

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The clamouring not to get him off the books is strange.  If it's not keep him on in some capacity it's gardening leave with full pay.  If he isn't healthy enough for the job, he should do the right thing for the club.  Why are they so desperate to keep him at the club?  Is it because it'll be too complicated to get rid off him?  Today is another day wasted in the search for a new manager.  Any who says how do you know they aren't? Well until they prove it, it isn't happening or they aren't going about it in the right way.  

27 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Plenty self respecting managers work with a director of football.

13 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

There will be riots if that’s the case.

There certainly would be.

Macphee needs emptied, his record since being at Hearts is horrendous.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Plenty self respecting managers work with a director of football.

Self respecting DOF's would let a manager get on with their job.

Also he is so arrogant that watching a new man get more out of the players than he could would not sit well with him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Anyone else tired of this "Budge doesn't know about football" trope? She's been in the industry for 5 years now FFS!

Just do your job Ann and get the next guy in.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Anyone else tired of this "Budge doesn't know about football" trope? She's been in the industry for 5 years now FFS!

Just do your job Ann and get the next guy in.

Very true. That line doesn't work now. She is a business woman and therefore should have the knowhow how things work. Get a proper experienced manager in to manage the team. No need now for a DoF.