Two supporters banned indefinitely ( updated )

Walter Bishop

Has anyone seen the letters yet by the way? See if they don’t say “racist and sectarian” behaviour, then would they not maybe say “unacceptable behaviour” as that is what the club refers to when warning fans about their conduct? A sort of umbrella term for all the stuff you can’t say or sing. Do the letters even have to state the words sectarian or racist?

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Has anyone seen the letters yet by the way? See if they don’t say “racist and sectarian” behaviour, then would they not maybe say “unacceptable behaviour” as that is what the club refers to when warning fans about their conduct? A sort of umbrella term for all the stuff you can’t say or sing. Do the letters even have to state the words sectarian or racist?

Does the club need a reason to ban anyone? 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Does the club need a reason to ban anyone? 

No. The fans who are so desperate to stick the boot in clearly do though, and the alleged absence of those two words on the banned supporters letters seems to be their main gripe.

portobellojambo1
47 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The Sun lead with that headline because the press release they got from Hearts said the boys were banned due to a racist and sectarian incident at the Hamilton game. The sun used the exact words the club used. The club obviously think they have concrete evidence of such behaviour or they wouldn’t have used such strong wording. If they don’t, then I’d expect the two boys will be less than impressed and well within their rights to peruse the club legally. Deformation of character for example. 

Thanks for your reply. The thread is so long I didn't read every single post and if I've overlooked that The Sun were reproducing what the club had told them, and the information is right then so is the ban imposed. And I apologise to LuckyDug for failing to understand why he had responded as he had, although at no point was it intended as a condemnation of the club in any way (more a reflection of my opinion of the Sun as a newspaper, of sorts)

55 minutes ago, Prof said:

Can’t see how anybody could criticise the club for banning supporters involved in sectarian or racist comments.

Not been on here previously ?

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I read your response last night before going to bed just incase tiredness meant I didn't understand it, as I was having problems in terms of my original post in finding where I had condemned the club. I had read some of the posts on this thread which seemed to indicate that the two guys may have already been contacted by the club and that there was a suggestion they hadn't been banned from the stadium for sectarianism or racism. However, I also said that I had no idea why they had been banned but the Sun had gone with a headline which indicated it was sectarianism and racism related. All I then said was that if either of them beleived that the Sun headline was inaccurate, and didn't match a different reason already given or subsequently given to them by the club, then they might have grounds to raise a case against The Sun. If from that you are able to come up with a translation of "he is condemning the club" then so be it, although I still don't understand how you came to that conclusion. You also asked a question about the CCTV and asked if I thought they had installed it for fun, where I had actually said I had no idea what information other than what showed on them visually might also be available to the club via the footage.

If the reason for your strange reply was due to you having your period this week then you do have my sympathies, as a male it isn't something I've ever had to cope with.

I think you are still drunk.😕

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Can’t see how anybody could criticise the club for banning supporters involved in sectarian or racist comments.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

If this was their first offence  surely 100 lines or detention would have been suitable.   Remember no farting today !!!

If it was their millionth offence surely hanging is too good. 

None of us know exactly what happened, but we all know what the normal level is in and around the ground. There's clearly been something way in excess of this to provoke this type of response from the club, and I always think Hearts should get the benefit of the doubt fron Hearts fans. 

25 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thanks for your reply. The thread is so long I didn't read every single post and if I've overlooked that The Sun were reproducing what the club had told them, and the information is right then so is the ban imposed. And I apologise to LuckyDug for failing to understand why he had responded as he had, although at no point was it intended as a condemnation of the club in any way (more a reflection of my opinion of the Sun as a newspaper, of sorts)

Yeah this thread has went off on so many tangents, as is the kickback way just now.

Looks like the 2 boys have been singing and being abusive whilst in the hospitality suite against Hamilton. The club have sent them letters saying they are banned. The two boys are claiming they have been banned due to their social media accounts and for not happy clapping whilst in hospitality. The club responded to the growing clamour the banning’s caused by clarifying the boys were banned for a racist and sectarian incident at the Hamilton game and has nothing to do with their social media accounts or them not liking Levein, basically. The sun picked up on the story and Hearts send a response to the The Sun which is why they ran with that headline. The two boys are however adamant that their letters told them they got banned due to abusive language and their social media posts. Neither seem willing to share the full letter so am sure what ever evidence the club have on them is concrete. The worry for me is that the club have left the door open for the boys to sue if the evidence isn’t concrete. Publicly calling the two boys racist and sectarian is a very serious allegation. One I wouldn’t take lying down. 

54 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s what has worried me about this escalation from the club, in terms of the press release to The Sun. They’ve publicly called these two boys bigots and racists, essentially. Something that has left us open to potential deformation of character cases etc. Would it not have been safer to say “these two boys failed to meet the clubs policy for acceptable conduct within Tynecastle” or something similar. The club obviously feel they have concrete evidence. 

Also worth noting that the boys have only shared snippets of the letter and not the full letter. 

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

None of us know exactly what happened, but we all know what the normal level is in and around the ground. There's clearly been something way in excess of this to provoke this type of response from the club, and I always think Hearts should get the benefit of the doubt fron Hearts fans. 

Good post, however I think the bit in bold should go both ways. I don't mean in this instance as it sounds like they're a pair of reprobates who've pushed it too far with unacceptable comments however in the recent past I think the club has been to quick to vilify the fans.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why ?

Is it not better to wait till all the evidence is out there before making a judgement ?

Due process and all that jazz !

Previous incidents should mean no one should get the benefit of the doubt. Club or not. Facts ! 

Just now, Taffin said:

Good post, however I think the bit in bold should go both ways. I don't mean in this instance as it sounds like they're a pair of reprobates who've pushed it too far with unacceptable comments however in the recent past I think the club has been to quick to vilify the fans.

I get that, it seems that way sometimes, but I don't feel they've ever really vilified "the fans" as much as some fans who aren't behaving the way they promised they would when they bought their tickets. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I get that, it seems that way sometimes, but I don't feel they've ever really vilified "the fans" as much as some fans who aren't behaving the way they promised they would when they bought their tickets. 

Explain please

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Why ?

Is it not better to wait till all the evidence is out there before making a judgement ?

Due process and all that jazz !

Previous incidents should mean no one should get the benefit of the doubt. Club or not. Facts ! 

I'm not making a judgement, I don't know exactly what happened. I'm giving the club the benefit of the doubt in the absence of any real knowledge though, which I think is much better than raging at what you reckon may have happened. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're a professor, work it out. It's not complicated. 

I wasn’t aware that anybody made a promise when we bought our season tickets. Since you clearly did you, can you enlighten us all about your promise. That way we can understand your comment.

Edited by Prof

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'm not making a judgement, I don't know exactly what happened. I'm giving the club the benefit of the doubt in the absence of any real knowledge though, which I think is much better than raging at what you reckon may have happened. 

Sorry, something as serious as this and we’ve to give the club the benefit of the doubt when we don’t know what happened ?

Really ?

I hope you’re never on my jury, bud !

They may have something, I get that, but they had something in the Motherwell/ racist incident.

It’s social media, mate, I get what you’re saying but this is serious stuff, i’ll deal only in facts.

Just now, Boab said:

Sorry, something as serious as this and we’ve to give the club the benefit of the doubt when we don’t know what happened ?

Really ?

I hope you’re never on my jury, bud !

They may have something, I get that, but they had something in the Motherwell/ racist incident.

It’s social media, mate, I get what you’re saying but this is serious stuff, i’ll deal only in facts.

I'm not telling you to do anything, just giving my view on the situation

Just now, Boab said:

Likewise.

"we’ve to give the club the benefit of the doubt when we don’t know what happened ?"

I didn't say you're to do anything, just said what I'm doing. 

The club's run by decent people. I don't believe they'd do this without good reason, but I don't actually know what happened so they get the benefit of the doubt, nothing more. I'm not exonerating or condemning, I'm being neutral with a little bias towards the club until proven otherwise.

Just now, Smithee said:

"we’ve to give the club the benefit of the doubt when we don’t know what happened ?"

I didn't say you're to do anything, just said what I'm doing. 

The club's run by decent people. I don't believe they'd do this without good reason, but I don't actually know what happened so they get the benefit of the doubt, nothing more. I'm not exonerating or condemning, I'm being neutral with a little bias towards the club until proven otherwise.

I heard you already !

I’ll hang off !

👍

48 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah this thread has went off on so many tangents, as is the kickback way just now.

Looks like the 2 boys have been singing and being abusive whilst in the hospitality suite against Hamilton. The club have sent them letters saying they are banned. The two boys are claiming they have been banned due to their social media accounts and for not happy clapping whilst in hospitality. The club responded to the growing clamour the banning’s caused by clarifying the boys were banned for a racist and sectarian incident at the Hamilton game and has nothing to do with their social media accounts or them not liking Levein, basically. The sun picked up on the story and Hearts send a response to the The Sun which is why they ran with that headline. The two boys are however adamant that their letters told them they got banned due to abusive language and their social media posts. Neither seem willing to share the full letter so am sure what ever evidence the club have on them is concrete. The worry for me is that the club have left the door open for the boys to sue if the evidence isn’t concrete. Publicly calling the two boys racist and sectarian is a very serious allegation. One I wouldn’t take lying down. 

Unless , of course , they are racist and sectarian surely ?

15 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Unless , of course , they are racist and sectarian surely ?

Yeah which is why I mentioned the club must be pretty confident that the evidence they have is concrete. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Remember no farting today !!!

@Sagan better watch oot mate. That pie supper and bevvy at 10:20 last night could land you in a bit of bother. 😬

🍻🍺🥃🥧🍿😳💨

Simply put they have correctly been banned

Some on her need to stop trying to defend them or talk about level of proof

Fed up with some of the well maybe, but etc etc… nonsense

They got what they deserved and are lucky if no legal action is taken against them

Lets see them take legal action against the club...for those who are trying to infer they should not be banned you will be waiting a long time for them to do so as they know more publicity for their action will lead to possible other impacts on their life in terms of jobs, family and friends

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

@Sagan better watch oot mate. That pie supper and bevvy at 10:20 last night could land you in a bit of bother. 😬

🍻🍺🥃🥧🍿😳💨

😵

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Whilst that is true , I think they have no real choice but to act now on certain incidents. Ie the Motherwell game. If they weren’t the club would get vilified by the media and/or authorities. Not saying its correct but thats sort of society nowadays. Tbh far rather that than the Hibs fans behaving as they did and LD’s initial reaction being , na i was in amongst them didn’t happen , even Rangers possibly as its UEFA have taken a harder line with fans of recent. 

Someone mentioned the football crimes act thingy (technical term) and it shouldn’t matter , football is not a seperate entitity to the rest of society. 

1 minute ago, farin said:

Yep, the club banned 2 fans last season for racist behaviour & it turned out to be bollox, the club got that badly wrong & aren’t infallible. People believing anything the sun print as gospel too.😳 

At the end of the day no one knows the full story on here tbh. 

Quite a few know about the events that led to this

No one bar those involved might have had sight of the letters but there are a few who witnessed the event

11 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

What a complete shambles of a thread. 

People supporting and defending racists over the club they say they support is a low point. Though a good reference unless someone deletes the thread. 

It does show how bad results and a campaign to remove the manager affects the attitude to everything. The opposite is true for good results. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

'as is the kickback way just now...' ? 

Has it not always been like that?  Let's make kickback great again! 

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

'as is the kickback way just now...' ? 

Has it not always been like that?  Let's make kickback great again! 

😂😂

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This thread... 

2f8f9a9de494dfed5d412ad9491df80a.jpg

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

22 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Is this you policing who and who can't come in now Sir Gio? I will support Hearts all my days and ask no-one for permission.  Hearts are as much "my club" as yours big chap ok?

Outside JKB there is a very large Hearts supporting world and she is very much not the shining light she is portrayed to be on here.

You've already stated many, many, many, many, many times that you have completely stopped supporting Hearts. Even more times than you've made clear you're a huge fan of bigoted, sectarian, racist and sexist behaviour!

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A poster a few pages back claimed to have seen the letter although he also revealed he didnt know the people in question so I assume he must've seen it online somewhere. 

I did quote him and ask how he'd seen it but as yet I've had no reply.

The club would not hand out bans unless they are sure. That's my opinion. 

Well done Hearts.

Just now, jambogemz said:

A poster a few pages back claimed to have seen the letter although he also revealed he didnt know the people in question so I assume he must've seen it online somewhere. 

I did quote him and ask how he'd seen it but as yet I've had no reply.

The club would not hand out bans unless they are sure. That's my opinion. 

Well done Hearts.

Yeah, remember that. Cheers.

Only ask because I don’t really think it’s unreasonable to suppose that the letters only refer to “unacceptable behaviour” and don’t go in to details about the actual content. They received phone calls from the fans rep guy, so maybe he stated more details there and the letters just use the umbrella term.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Only ask because I don’t really think it’s unreasonable to suppose that the letters only refer to “unacceptable behaviour” and don’t go in to details about the actual content. They received phone calls from the fans rep guy, so maybe he stated more details there and the letters just use the umbrella term.

Not sure about letters, but on the back of every ticket, the Unacceptable conduct and Racist and Sectarian policies are separate paragraphs.

Probably means not much in the grand scheme of things but separate nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not sure about letters, but on the back of every ticket, the Unacceptable conduct and Racist and Sectarian policies are separate paragraphs.

Probably means not much in the grand scheme of things but separate nonetheless.

For those who are unfamiliar with the club's unacceptable conduct policy, please see below.

The Club condemns and will not tolerate any form of violent, disorderly or discriminatory conduct and/or Unacceptable Conduct by any persons at matches at Tynecastle Park or at away football stadiums.

Unacceptable Conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly.

Violent Conduct includes actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property. The Club has a ‘zero tolerance’ policy to any violent behaviour directed at staff who are working on behalf of the Club.

Disorderly Conduct includes conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely to stir up or sustain, hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:

• Colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin Membership or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived affiliations
  • Sexual orientation
  • Transgender identity
  • Disability

Disorderly Conduct also includes:

Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct
Displaying writing or any other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting
Any person engaging in Unacceptable Conduct may be subject to any or a combination of the following:

• Removal from the Stadium
  • Suspension from attending fixtures involving Heart of Midlothian FC
  • Indefinite ban from attending fixtures involving Heart of Midlothian FC
  • Indefinite ban from Tynecastle Park
  • Report to Police Scotland and possible criminal proceedings
  • Racially Motivated Conduct – The Club will strongly challenge all aspects of discrimination and will work to significantly increase the awareness of inclusion and diversity, and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour across all levels of football.  The Club will apply sanctions to include tougher penalties against racism. The measures taken by the Club aim to efficiently fight racist behaviour at Tynecastle Park, and elsewhere, in line with the Club’s zero-tolerance approach.

Sanctions imposed by Club will be proportionate to the violent; disorderly; racist; unacceptable conduct or misbehavior involved.

In addition, search procedures may be operated by the Club and persons entering Tynecastle Park are deemed to have agreed to be subject to such search procedures.  Items may be confiscated during such a search if they are considered to breach Ground Regulations.  Any attempt to bring prohibited articles into the stadium could result in police arrest.  Any persons under the influence of alcohol may be refused entry and/or arrested.

The Club will work closely with Police Scotland effectively using the Protocol agreement between the parties to detect and take action against those who may breach the Club’s Policy.

In addition, the Club will continue working with Police Scotland to discourage individuals bringing pyrotechnics into stadiums. Where individuals have been detected with pyrotechnics the Club has taken swift action against individuals. These breaches of the Policy have been dealt with strictly, and indefinite bans imposed.

The Club continues to raise awareness through its media channels and forums to reinforce to supporters that actions of racist or Unacceptable Conduct will not be tolerated. These messages are enforced in match day programmes and pre-match messages over the stadium PA system. Further detailed information is contained within the Club’s Supporters Charter and the Club Policy on Flags, Surfing Flags and Banners.

At away matches, the host club makes visiting supporters aware of their own Policy and asks that all supporters act responsibly.  The Club works closely with host clubs and, where appropriate, shares relevant information in respect of supporters’ conduct.

The Club will work closely with our supporters’ groups to maintain a good relationship with the intention of enhancing the atmosphere and match day experience at Tynecastle Park in support of the team on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Vast improvement. :thumbsup:

Certainly helps 👌🏻😂

1 minute ago, sadj said:

For those who are unfamiliar with the club's unacceptable conduct policy, please see below.

The Club condemns and will not tolerate any form of violent, disorderly or discriminatory conduct and/or Unacceptable Conduct by any persons at matches at Tynecastle Park or at away football stadiums.

Unacceptable Conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly.

Violent Conduct includes actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person, or intentional damage to property. The Club has a ‘zero tolerance’ policy to any violent behaviour directed at staff who are working on behalf of the Club.

Disorderly Conduct includes conduct which stirs up or sustains, or is likely to stir up or sustain, hatred or ill will against or towards individuals or groups of people because of:

• Colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin Membership or presumed membership, of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived affiliations
  • Sexual orientation
  • Transgender identity
  • Disability

Disorderly Conduct also includes:

Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct
Displaying writing or any other thing which is threatening, abusive or insulting
Any person engaging in Unacceptable Conduct may be subject to any or a combination of the following:

• Removal from the Stadium
  • Suspension from attending fixtures involving Heart of Midlothian FC
  • Indefinite ban from attending fixtures involving Heart of Midlothian FC
  • Indefinite ban from Tynecastle Park
  • Report to Police Scotland and possible criminal proceedings
  • Racially Motivated Conduct – The Club will strongly challenge all aspects of discrimination and will work to significantly increase the awareness of inclusion and diversity, and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour across all levels of football.  The Club will apply sanctions to include tougher penalties against racism. The measures taken by the Club aim to efficiently fight racist behaviour at Tynecastle Park, and elsewhere, in line with the Club’s zero-tolerance approach.

Sanctions imposed by Club will be proportionate to the violent; disorderly; racist; unacceptable conduct or misbehavior involved.

In addition, search procedures may be operated by the Club and persons entering Tynecastle Park are deemed to have agreed to be subject to such search procedures.  Items may be confiscated during such a search if they are considered to breach Ground Regulations.  Any attempt to bring prohibited articles into the stadium could result in police arrest.  Any persons under the influence of alcohol may be refused entry and/or arrested.

The Club will work closely with Police Scotland effectively using the Protocol agreement between the parties to detect and take action against those who may breach the Club’s Policy.

In addition, the Club will continue working with Police Scotland to discourage individuals bringing pyrotechnics into stadiums. Where individuals have been detected with pyrotechnics the Club has taken swift action against individuals. These breaches of the Policy have been dealt with strictly, and indefinite bans imposed.

The Club continues to raise awareness through its media channels and forums to reinforce to supporters that actions of racist or Unacceptable Conduct will not be tolerated. These messages are enforced in match day programmes and pre-match messages over the stadium PA system. Further detailed information is contained within the Club’s Supporters Charter and the Club Policy on Flags, Surfing Flags and Banners.

At away matches, the host club makes visiting supporters aware of their own Policy and asks that all supporters act responsibly.  The Club works closely with host clubs and, where appropriate, shares relevant information in respect of supporters’ conduct.

The Club will work closely with our supporters’ groups to maintain a good relationship with the intention of enhancing the atmosphere and match day experience at Tynecastle Park in support of the team on the pitch.

Certainly helps 👌🏻😂

Indeed.  Not quite crystal clear, sadj, but heading in the right direction.

:mw_rolleyes:

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yip. 

Umbrella term is far easier and less Likley to bite you on the arse. 

The more specific, the more open to appeals you are. 

Far easier to say you are banned for breaching the clubs code of Conduct rather than be specific in the letter. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Umbrella term is far easier and less Likley to bite you on the arse. 

The more specific, the more open to appeals you are. 

Far easier to say you are banned for breaching the clubs code of Conduct rather than be specific in the letter. 

Yes. That’s what I was driving at. Just a theory though really.