Gary Mackay latest....

Clerry Jambo

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No. 

But he's been rabid since last year. 

He says in his article that he doesn't like CL. 

That to me says it's personal. 

When folk say things like CL is shagging Budge, he's a born loser etc it is imo a dig at Hearts and personal against CL. 

Anyway, it's irrelevant as I say results and form will Surley bring this to a close. 

He was writing positively last year when it was a great start to the season if you look back.

He says in his article they don’t like each other, again at least he’s being honest, it doesn’t need to deflect in what he’s saying because it’s all mainly true. 

Did Gary say either of them? Born loser is personal shagging budge isn’t because of course he isn’t - it’s just a form of expressing that he can’t do anything to get sacked.

Results and form? Should we go back since last October for that and our form since then? Results and form don’t seem to be changing and nor will the management and you honestly think that’s for the best interests of the club? Just so you can pray to get it up people of by some fluke form changes after 11 months? Even the club captain has said it’s been failure the past two years. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Spellczech

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Now I've read the article, one thing I will say is "I'm not fussy about the academy, I'm scared about the club's long term future" is - at best - a wee bit dopey.

Maybe he means and quite rightly, if things don't improve quickly on the park, you will see even more empty seats and demoralised Hearts fans who might just chuck it. Who knows?

However things maybe going swimmingly off the pitch at the moment but that will be affected aswell with poor showings in the football dept.

17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He was writing positively last year when it was a great start to the season if you look back.

He says in his article they don’t like each other, again at least he’s being honest, it doesn’t need to deflect in what he’s saying because it’s all mainly true. 

Did Gary say either of them? Born loser is personal shagging budge isn’t because of course he isn’t - it’s just a form of expressing that he can’t do anything to get sacked.

Results and form? Should we go back since last October for that and our form since then? Results and form don’t seem to be changing and nor will the management and you honestly think that’s for the best interests of the club? Just so you can pray to get it up people of by some fluke form changes after 11 months? Even the club captain has said it’s been failure the past two years. 

From this week last year Gary wrote this. Sorry for the bollocks made with the font size

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-why-the-break-has-come-at-good-time-for-hearts-1-4793760

Everyone in football has people they get on with and others they don’t get on with, but it goes without saying that I wouldn’t wish ill health on anyone. I wish Craig Levein a full and speedy recovery following his health scare, and hopefully he’s back in the dugout for Hearts’ trip to Motherwell after the international break.

From a football perspective, it was reassuring that the players coped so well in the absence of the manager. A big factor in that is the fact Hearts have some real experienced leaders in the team like Steven Naismith and Steven MacLean. In addition, we also had an injection of positivity from the return of Demetri Mitchell.

Things are looking incredibly positive for Hearts on the back of seven straight wins, and the encouraging thing from within that run is that we’ve shown different ways of winning. We’ve had a few hard-fought 1-0 victories, we’ve come from behind at Hamilton, and we’ve had four victories in which we’ve scored at least four goals.

Although we’ve generated some real momentum, I think the break has come at a good time. It allows the players to recharge their batteries because they’ve played with a real intensity since the season started and they can return to action against Motherwell full of confidence simply from looking at the league table.

It was a bonus to see both Aberdeen and Hibs suffer surprise defeats, and that also underlined how well we are doing to be able to win consistently in such a competitive league. The vibe about the club at present is similar to that we had in 2005 when we went off like a train under George Burley. To get a crowd of 17,000 for a game against St Mirren is a sign that the supporters are really enthused by what’s happening. They’re getting entertained and they’re getting results and that combination is hard to come by in football. 

We’ve clearly got some talented individuals in the team, but the most notable thing is the strength of the collective, with everybody seemingly on the same wavelength. No disrespect to Kyle Lafferty, who was a very good player for us, but I felt he was more of a selfish player within the team. I feel we now have a group that are all about the collective after a really successful summer transfer window.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

He’s not a reporter, he’s a supporter giving his opinion.  Many want Levein out the club completely (not me may I add) if he stays at the club long term is that good for the future in the opinion of the support that want him removed completely? I don’t think it is.  Long term is around five years, short term half a year to a year I don’t think he means the club will be doomed for 20 odd year.  The FoH funds as a supporter he did get wrong but again he’s a former player and a fan not a reporter.  He got stick for that and I can see why but bringing personal shit into a column giving his opinion in which a lot of people agree with is over the top/out of order.  I don’t expect you to agree with that though but that’s your opinion as you seem to overlook everything else in the columns and look for a slip up. 

I doubt he is writing these opinion pieces for free. If he's getting paid it is because the Scotsman think he is authoritative on Hearts or representative of Hearts fans. IMO it is professional writing being done in an unprofessional manner for the very reason he (and Michael Stewart) openly admit - that they have personal dislikes and therefore are not forming opinions objectively...

When I've never met someone I am skeptical of taking heed of anything said about that seomeone, by a person who bears a grudge... To do otherwise is prejudice. 

9 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

From this week last year Gary wrote this. Sorry for the bollocks made with the font size

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-why-the-break-has-come-at-good-time-for-hearts-1-4793760

Everyone in football has people they get on with and others they don’t get on with, but it goes without saying that I wouldn’t wish ill health on anyone. I wish Craig Levein a full and speedy recovery following his health scare, and hopefully he’s back in the dugout for Hearts’ trip to Motherwell after the international break.

From a football perspective, it was reassuring that the players coped so well in the absence of the manager. A big factor in that is the fact Hearts have some real experienced leaders in the team like Steven Naismith and Steven MacLean. In addition, we also had an injection of positivity from the return of Demetri Mitchell.

Things are looking incredibly positive for Hearts on the back of seven straight wins, and the encouraging thing from within that run is that we’ve shown different ways of winning. We’ve had a few hard-fought 1-0 victories, we’ve come from behind at Hamilton, and we’ve had four victories in which we’ve scored at least four goals.

Although we’ve generated some real momentum, I think the break has come at a good time. It allows the players to recharge their batteries because they’ve played with a real intensity since the season started and they can return to action against Motherwell full of confidence simply from looking at the league table.

It was a bonus to see both Aberdeen and Hibs suffer surprise defeats, and that also underlined how well we are doing to be able to win consistently in such a competitive league. The vibe about the club at present is similar to that we had in 2005 when we went off like a train under George Burley. To get a crowd of 17,000 for a game against St Mirren is a sign that the supporters are really enthused by what’s happening. They’re getting entertained and they’re getting results and that combination is hard to come by in football. 

We’ve clearly got some talented individuals in the team, but the most notable thing is the strength of the collective, with everybody seemingly on the same wavelength. No disrespect to Kyle Lafferty, who was a very good player for us, but I felt he was more of a selfish player within the team. I feel we now have a group that are all about the collective after a really successful summer transfer window.

And there we have it.  Positive on the pitch he writes positively for HMFC.  There is now absolutely no argument.  Thanks for clarifying that. 

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I doubt he is writing these opinion pieces for free. If he's getting paid it is because the Scotsman think he is authoritative on Hearts or representative of Hearts fans. IMO it is professional writing being done in an unprofessional manner for the very reason he (and Michael Stewart) openly admit - that they have personal dislikes and therefore are not forming opinions objectively...

When I've never met someone I am skeptical of taking heed of anything said about that seomeone, by a person who bears a grudge... To do otherwise is prejudice. 

Well surely that’s for the paper or BT or Radio Scotland to change?  Gary is giving his honest opinion, when’s he ever claimed to be articulate but what he does do is clearly represent the majority of the support through the good and bad.  I’m happy he’s there doing the column instead of some everything is rosey yes man. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Well surely that’s for the paper or BT or Radio Scotland to change?  Gary is giving his honest opinion, when’s he ever claimed to be articulate but what he does do is clearly represent the majority of the support through the good and bad.  I’m happy he’s there doing the column instead of some everything is rosey yes man. 

Well as I inferred on my first post on this thread. If he said he was worried for the SHORT-term future of Hearts, all the support would agree...Makes a better headline to say long-term though... Who knows, perhaps the editor changed it? and we are doing Mackay a disservice. His original words may have been coherent...

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And there we have it.  Positive on the pitch he writes positively for HMFC.  There is now absolutely no argument.  Thanks for clarifying that. 

Gary is nothing but a "rabid" Hearts supporter who loves his club and wants nothing but the best for HMFC. His form of support may not be to everyones taste, he canny sing for toffee, but he will always be HEARTS til the day he dies.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Well as I inferred on my first post on this thread. If he said he was worried for the SHORT-term future of Hearts, all the support would agree...Makes a better headline to say long-term though... Who knows, perhaps the editor changed it? and we are doing Mackay a disservice. His original words may have been coherent...

It depends on how you define short and long term.  If Levein goes back upstairs for the next five years then that’s long term.  He shouldn’t be scrutinised and asked to clarify every comment though. 

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Gary is nothing but a "rabid" Hearts supporter who loves his club and wants nothing but the best for HMFC. His form of support may not be to everyones taste, he canny sing for toffee, but he will always be HEARTS til the day he dies.

Correct. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

But he's been rabid since last year. 

He says in his article that he doesn't like CL. 

That to me says it's personal. 

F'n pot and kettle... he, Mackay, is rabid, where the F does that leave you? You come on here and spraff nothing but total moon howling shite about how things are going to be better very soon under CL...when you pluck up the courage to come back on here after yet another very poor performance by the team.  It has been the same crap for months and with every new low you stay away until you feel you can get away with the same pish you came away with post the previous shite performance. Let me say this I don't know CL but his brand of football is utter F'n  cack ... that is not personal it is FACT !

SpruceBringsteen
54 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe he means and quite rightly, if things don't improve quickly on the park, you will see even more empty seats and demoralised Hearts fans who might just chuck it. Who knows?

However things maybe going swimmingly off the pitch at the moment but that will be affected aswell with poor showings in the football dept.

Absolutely he means that, but the academy is integral to the long term future of Hearts - it's not something to be dismissed with a wave of the hand.

14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It depends on how you define short and long term.  If Levein goes back upstairs for the next five years then that’s long term.  He shouldn’t be scrutinised and asked to clarify every comment though. 

So what you and Gary are saying is that it is all or bust? Sack him from both the Head Coach and the DOF roles, because the long term future of the club is in doubt if he stays at the club in any capacity?...despite all the things Gary lists as being in tip-top shape.

29 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Exactly. And now he is saying what needs to be said. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

F'n pot and kettle... he, Mackay, is rabid, where the F does that leave you? You come on here and spraff nothing but total moon howling shite about how things are going to be better very soon under CL...when you pluck up the courage to come back on here after yet another very poor performance by the team.  It has been the same crap for months and with every new low you stay away until you feel you can get away with the same pish you came away with post the previous shite performance. Let me say this I don't know CL but his brand of football is utter F'n  cack ... that is not personal it is FACT !

aye, ok sorry for staying behind the team.

My bad.

If we get a new manager, I'll be on him like flies around a turd sandwich demanding he leaves, calling him names and give up supporting the team, that seems to get less abuse around these here parts.

oh ......and FACT😧, that means you are carreeeeeect and everyone else is wrong? The mark of a well thought out post. FACT!

Moon howling shite..... I'll give you a fact, just for the banter-

Last season was better than the season before. Now there is a prowwwwwppper FACT!

Edited by Smith's right boot

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So what you and Gary are saying is that it is all or bust? Sack him from both the Head Coach and the DOF roles, because the long term future of the club is in doubt if he stays at the club in any capacity?...despite all the things Gary lists as being in tip-top shape.

A lot of others going by polls and reaction in the stadium would agree with that opinion though, I don’t but I can see where he is coming from in terms of dropping crowds and bottom six. He should stay in some capacity imo but he shouldn’t have any influence over who the next manager is nor hold influence over them having got the Cathro disaster wrong, recruitment over the course of three or four years terrible and his management clearly isn’t working so why should advise a new person? 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My bad.

If we get a new manager, I'll be on him like flies around a turd sandwich demanding he leaves, calling him names and give up supporting the team, that seems to get less abuse around these here parts.

oh ......and FACT😧, that means you are carreeeeeect and everyone else is wrong? The mark of a well thought out post. FACT!

Last season was better than the season before. Now there is a prowwwwwppper FACT!

And another FACT is you wanted Hibs to win the cup . . You are never a Hearts man .

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
23 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I wouldn't bother mate he's on a different planet where Levein has only managed Hearts for 4 games.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My bad.

The problem is you’ve backed the wrong horse in Levein and still won’t acknowledge it’s went horribly wrong and he’s a shit head coach. That’s not beneficial of the club as a whole. 

Our club captain has stated it’s been a shite last couple of years. That’s another fact.  

Did you read the article this time last year Gary praising everything or doesn’t that suit your poor wee Craig GM has never said anything positive agenda you have going on? 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

.and FACT😧, that means you are carreeeeeect and everyone else is wrong?

Well you are the only numb nut that is regularly on here saying his brand of football is anything other than shite ! 

5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Well you are the only numb nut that is regularly on here saying his brand of football is anything other than shite ! 

Fk knows why I’m quoted dude. 

Spoiler

Ky is desperately trying to impose his long term distaste of Levein on us fans. I'm not a hater i just think he needs to move on and shut the door on the past. 

Levein is like Marmite you either like him or you hate him.   Personally, I like Craig but I have been critical of his management since beginning of last season.  I suspect his health scare has not helped his wellbeing.

The long term future of the club is secure, it is the short term that concerns me.  It appears that Levein and his backroom staff are incapable of putting a winning team on the field.  For me the answer is simple move Levein (and his chums) out of the dug-out and bring in someone who can motivate the team.      

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

And another FACT is you wanted Hibs to win the cup . . You are never a Hearts man .

Nah I wanted Hearts to win the cup. 

Like I do every season. 

But pm me, it's off topic. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't think I am or have been, but crack on. 

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Fk knows why I’m quoted dude. 

No worries mate I took the quote from the Smith's weird brain post that you had quoted thus the confusion not in anyway aimed at you 👍

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The problem is you’ve backed the wrong horse in Levein and still won’t acknowledge it’s went horribly wrong and he’s a shit head coach. That’s not beneficial of the club as a whole. 

Our club captain has stated it’s been a shite last couple of years. That’s another fact.  

Did you read the article this time last year Gary praising everything or doesn’t that suit your poor wee Craig GM has never said anything positive agenda you have going on? 

Not true. 

I said preseason I'd understand if he left the managers role. 

Also, I've clearly posted that results this season haven't improved and that I can't defend him and can see him going. 

I'll always back Hearts folk and give them time, tho. 

We've had hearts fans wanting us beat on here from hibs, celtic and others just to prove a point. Not my style. 

Many folk haven't changed their tune for 18 months. 

Many folk that have wanted CL gone for a while we're also the first to want shot of Robbie and Cathro. 

That's not my style, I see the long term and give folk Time.

I'll give the next man time as well. 

However, this season has started poorly so I see no defence of him now. 

Still think the personal abuse that he receives is out of order. 

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

Did he really.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
43 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

Correct. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

Also, I've clearly posted that results this season haven't improved and that I can't defend him and can see him going. 

We've had hearts fans wanting us beat on here from hibs, celtic and others just to prove a point. Not my style. 

Many folk that have wanted CL gone for a while we're also the first to want shot of Robbie and Cathro. 

I would agree the personal abuse is shocking.  As is you being dismissive about a club legend.

Ive seen you posting blaming everything on Cathro for 18 months/two years, did you back him until the end then just suddenly blame him for everything? If so that gives your opinion very little credence.   

Edited by Last Laff

34 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Did he really.

No hearts fan would want they tramps to win a game of ludo never mind a Scottish cup. 

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I would agree the personal abuse is shocking.  As is you being dismissive about a club legend.

Ive seen you posting blaming everything on Cathro for 18 months/two years, did you back him until the end then just suddenly blame him for everything? If so that gives your opinion very little credence.   

Ah but he wouldn’t back cathro cos he’s not a hearts man.

seems if you have links to hearts you can perform as shit as you want in your role and do no wrong in some fans eyes.

1 hour ago, Iamborg said:

Yep...he said it was a “decent result”...it reinvigorated that sh1tey club FFS

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

The personal abuse is borne out of frustration. It’s gonna get a helluva lot worse as well. As others have said if it was anyone else who was manager, and Levein was DoF, he’d have been sacked by now.

We all want success but bickering amongst ourselves is pointless.

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Spot on!!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not true. 

good post. Being reasonable rather than frothing at the mouth is not appreciated round here though - makes you less than a PHM apparently

Edited by Spellczech

siegementality
3 hours ago, 7628mm said:

That can’t be right. Smith’s Right Bollock says Mackay only writes negative stuff about Levein. Surely he can’t be wrong....again?!?!

Edited by siegementality

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

No hearts fan would want they tramps to win a game of ludo never mind a Scottish cup. 

I didn't want them to win it, but on the day they were the better team and deserved the win. Their fans then showed that they are even worse winners than losers! Hibsed it totally, even in victory!

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Smithy hates Rangers that much he wanted Hibs to win cup is that a fact.😂

:muggy:

26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I didn't want them to win it, but on the day they were the better team and deserved the win. Their fans then showed that they are even worse winners than losers! Hibsed it totally, even in victory!

I didn’t watch it or anything that happened after it so I’ll take your word for that 😉

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Yep...he said it was a “decent result”...it reinvigorated that sh1tey club FFS

reinvigorated hibs….. what does that look like?

I'd take a reinvigorated hibs over rangers any day of the week. hibs are shite, rangers have dominated Scottish football for long periods. A reinvigorated hibs is as important as a reinvigorated ICT, Dundee or Killie. Means **** all to me in all honesty.

The longer it takes ranger to get "reinvigorated" the better for not only Hearts but Scottish football. Hopefully it doesn't happen at all and they win **** all before going bust, again.

4 hours ago, Iamborg said:

Talk Hearts. FACT.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Spot on.

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

reinvigorated hibs….. what does that look like?

I'd take a reinvigorated hibs over rangers any day of the week. hibs are shite, rangers have dominated Scottish football for long periods. A reinvigorated hibs is as important as a reinvigorated ICT, Dundee or Killie. Means **** all to me in all honesty.

The longer it takes ranger to get "reinvigorated" the better for not only Hearts but Scottish football. Hopefully it doesn't happen at all and they win **** all before going bust, again.

Record season ticket holders.  The huns would come back regardless of winning the Scottish cup and are light years ahead now.  That didn’t really turn out like you thought either.

Can you answer my question please? Did you back Cathro and when did you stop? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Record season ticket holders.  The huns would come back regardless of winning the Scottish cup and are light years ahead now.  That didn’t really turn out like you thought either.

He just backs everyone that's associated with Budge and Levein even if it's at a detriment to the club

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

Wrong guy wee man .

Don't worry. Mothy is obsessed with that site.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They have won **** all and spent a combined of about £200m over 6/7 seasons.

The long game, the long game. Rangers cannot go on like this and we'll see when celtic get 10iar what happens to their fans.

Hibs are shite and will always be shite. sometimes shite like ICT, Ross county, St Johnstone win things, I'm not shitting it from them either. If Rangers had beaten hibs I would have laughed , they never, instead of crying I laughed at Rangers then got on my way. I never even watched the game, still haven't . The only time I think about hibs and the cup is when it is brought up on here, people on here go on about it more than hibs I know. It's a puzzler. For example it's a Gary Mackay thread and Hearts fans want to talk about hibs, strange imo.

If anything the st mirren lc final is the one that piss's me of the most.

I backed Cathro but said if he never got out the lc group he should be sacked, that's what happened. No arguments from me after defeat to Peterhead and a draw with  Dunfermline knocked us out.

I also never wanted Robbie to leave.

Edited by Smith's right boot

• davemclaren locked this topic