Gary Mackay latest....

Clerry Jambo

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hey, I get it. I’m not even friends with Levein or Budge, and I am disgusted with the abuse they receive. 

Let the mods get on with their jobs? Definitely. I agree completely. It was you who brought up your surprise at their actions regarding stuff said about MacKay, not me.

All I did was ask you why you never made the same protests when it came to abusing Levein and Budge.

Because I'm not a moral crusader. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Spellczech

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephen Muddie
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Because he's a mate &  I object to people lying about my mates. 

I thought I just explained that?

I've got mates as well. Some of them are famous. Some of them act like dingbats. If they're acting like dingbats I tell them they're acting stupid. Your relationship doesn't sound equal to me. Counselling is available.

Just now, iainmac said:

Because he's a mate &  I object to people lying about my mates. 

I thought I just explained that?

For moral reasons, surely? 🤔

Don’t recall any lies about MacKay being posted, but if that’s what you are doing, then more power to your elbow.

Not sure Levein has any friends on here, although I think Budge may. I’m happy to point out the hypocrisy displayed by those who get upset by one former Hearts great getting abuse, but not another. 

If it just boils down to backing up your mate, then I don’t really think you have enough moral high ground to get righteously indignant about it, when Levein receives far worse every day.

I’d prefer we didn’t speak about any of our legends in such a way. You only care when it’s your pal.

3 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I've got mates as well. Some of them are famous. Some of them act like dingbats. If they're acting like dingbats I tell them they're acting stupid. Your relationship doesn't sound equal to me. Counselling is available.

In English please? 

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

For moral reasons, surely? 🤔

Don’t recall any lies about MacKay being posted, but if that’s what you are doing, then more power to your elbow.

Not sure Levein has any friends on here, although I think Budge may. I’m happy to point out the hypocrisy displayed by those who get upset by one former Hearts great getting abuse, but not another. 

If it just boils down to backing up your mate, then I don’t really think you have enough moral high ground to get righteously indignant about it, when Levein receives far worse every day.

I’d prefer we didn’t speak about any of our legends in such a way. You only care when it’s your pal.

Aye OK. 

Have a good evening. 

27 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You too. Good night.

A poster said GM had a drink problem.  That’s lies.  He’s this and that etc for giving his opinion.    Yet the club legend card gets brought out about Craig when the going gets tough all the time.  Levein only became a hearts legend again when he came back to the club and it went well.  Before that it was bairns greetin about how he abandoned us and how shit a manager he was with Scotland and never once under Sir Vladimir when the job came up was his name championed to return again. 

Was Levein involved in soh? Was his personal interests more important? Did he walk out when his pal walked out the building eventually? All that seems to be forgotten yet GM who is passionate as he’s ever been about the club seems to be ridiculed for what?  When did he ever walk out of the club or back a chairman wanting to sell the stadium?  

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, TheStig said:

Anyone tell me why Mackay and Levein have beef? Does it go back to when they played together?

7 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

There was a story that for Dens in 86 Mackay wasnt happy with Levein for saying he was too sick to play. Not sure if there was any truth behind it thou.

Gary Mackay was a speaker at a night at Tynecastle a few years back I think it was possibly a Friday night game being shown in the Gorgie Suite (maybe Inverness or Aberdeen away). 

Gary spoke well and did speak about not getting on with Craig at one point. I am sure he mentioned that it was when he was Hearts players agent and Craig was the manager that they really fell out. He spoke like it was something in the past and I am sure he said they were on decent terms at that point in time.

Mackay certainly doesn't seem to have any great agenda with Levein. Mackay is just a concerned Hearts fan IMO. 

queensferryjambo
4 hours ago, iainmac said:

We also organised the Rudi Skacel Dinner at Murrayfield not so long ago &  guess what? It was well attended by those ex-team names that "can't stand him". 

Fantastic night and some real Hearts greats turned out as well. 

Great rendition of the Hearts song at the end as well :)

5 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Is this a joke? I think ti's obvious what he meant if you're a Hearts fan. **** me

Not enough facepalms ya thick twat!!!!

Well, this has been an  "interesting" read. I think that everyone who supports this club  is well entitled to express a view about the present run of form and their take on the reasons for it.  It's become  really apparent that some of what is put on here about individuals though is completely unacceptable personal abuse. Is maybe time that personal abuse and some of the unsubstantiated nonsense, some of which possibly libellous, should be being removed my the mods. Lets get this place back to a forum where views about the club are exchanged without the vitriol. 

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Now he feels safe, he Comes out with "I don't like Craig Levein". 

Our form is a worry, that is obvious, our future direction is now a big question to be answered. 

The future of the club is great tho. 

A bit dramatic and personal, Gary is playing to the jkb rules. 

Nothing to do with JKB as much as some folk would like that. I read Mackay's autobiography about 10 years ago and they didn't get on when they played.

I remember one article whereby they were both at some function or other, Mackay went up to the bar to speak to him, to try and put the past in it:s place and Levein told him to do one in a not so nice way and wasn't interested in anything he was about to say. Seems to sum him up a bit according to a few others in the game.

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

A poster said GM had a drink problem.  That’s lies.  He’s this and that etc for giving his opinion.    Yet the club legend card gets brought out about Craig when the going gets tough all the time.  Levein only became a hearts legend again when he came back to the club and it went well.  Before that it was bairns greetin about how he abandoned us and how shit a manager he was with Scotland and never once under Sir Vladimir when the job came up was his name championed to return again. 

Was Levein involved in soh? Was his personal interests more important? Did he walk out when his pal walked out the building eventually? All that seems to be forgotten yet GM who is passionate as he’s ever been about the club seems to be ridiculed for what?  When did he ever walk out of the club or back a chairman wanting to sell the stadium?  

Frankly, I’ve no idea if Gary has a drink problem. Honestly no clue. I certainly never suggested he does. Unless it’s a recent thing however, he’s not teetotal either. Don’t think the other poster suggested he does either though. Reading his comments, it looks like he has only asked questions and not made any statements.

As for the rest, all I see is people demanding MacKay be put on a pedestal and not criticised, because he is a Hearts legend, whilst nobody bats an eyelid at another Hearts legend receiving far worse abuse. The only justification I’ve read for this disparity in indignation, is MacKay is pals with a few folk on here.

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Absolutely bang on

10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

MacKay v Levein... jeez. 🙄

As long as neither of them have nailed a drunk girl in public, on a pool table, then neither of them is a truly deplorable scumbag. 

Top slandering and pretty serious as well.

The Treasurer

Mackay and Levein are both club legends. Both have been/are great servants to the club. Both care deeply about our club.

They both have strong opinions on everything to do with our club, I don't always agree with those opinions. However I don't doubt for a minute that what both of them do or say is with the clubs best interests at heart.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Tell you what, Iain. I've reported my own post

You believe I was directly accusing your friend...ok. I'll let the Mods decide if I've to receive punishment. I'll get back to you with that.

As far as I'm aware, I've merely asked questions, & received answers. Happy to be told otherwise by the powers that be. Not folk who've stood in a pub with him, & have no semblance of impartiality. 

Cheers. 

DEC55467-E1FA-4FD9-88E2-BF316EC503B9.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Exactly. I was never a huge fan of Gary MacKay. Now I'm starting to hate him. He's a slag. Unreal.

Unreal because he's our record appearance holder. TBF, I saw him in his later years in the flesh only, but I thought he was mince. He's thick as feck too. 

If he's such a big Jambo he better ask himself how his shite articles help the club he "loves".

I agree with your last sentence. 

The answer is they don't, but he gets paid to stir up shite and controversy. 

Who needs enemy's, n' all that. 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Not enough facepalms ya thick twat!!!!

I kept reading down the thread to see if there was an reply to that 😂

Beat me to it

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I kept reading down the thread to see if there was an reply to that 😂

Beat me to it

What a nugget eh!!

54 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Frankly, I’ve no idea if Gary has a drink problem. Honestly no clue. I certainly never suggested he does. Unless it’s a recent thing however, he’s not teetotal either. Don’t think the other poster suggested he does either though. Reading his comments, it looks like he has only asked questions and not made any statements.

As for the rest, all I see is people demanding MacKay be put on a pedestal and not criticised, because he is a Hearts legend, whilst nobody bats an eyelid at another Hearts legend receiving far worse abuse. The only justification I’ve read for this disparity in indignation, is MacKay is pals with a few folk on here.

Barrack suggested he had a drink problem.

On the contrary the most I see on here is reasons to stick with Levein because he’s a club legend and names are disrespectful and whenever GM questions anything he’s a rambling idiot, another one with a petty agenda with club legend Craig. 

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gary isn’t a happy clapper and it’s why he is a massive Jambo that he is asking questions about what’s happening ON the pitch, not really difficult to comprehend

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How would you suggest he does his articles when he’s speaking as a club legend and fan?  That everything is about to come good if we wait a couple of games over and over again? This time last year he was full of praise before. The team lost the plot since 11 months ago. 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gary isn’t a happy clapper and it’s why he is a massive Jambo that he is asking questions about what’s happening ON the pitch, not really difficult to comprehend

Good post .

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Only a select few on here. The type that would cut their neighbours grass while he was in the hoose pumping his wife. If you are not asking questions about the state of us just now then it says more about you. We are a dysfunctional, unorganised mess getting outworked, out thunk and out-muscled by teams like Hamilton and Ross County FFS. Gary is a died in the wool Jambo and is thankfully saying what most of us feel.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Only a select few on here. The type that would cut their neighbours grass while he was in the hoose pumping his wife. If you are not asking questions about the state of us just now then it says more about you. We are a dysfunctional, unorganised mess getting outworked, out thunk and out-muscled by teams like Hamilton and Ross County FFS. Gary is a died in the wool Jambo and is thankfully saying what most of us feel.

Correct 

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Thank goodness its my wife that cuts the grass.

The Old Tolbooth
9 hours ago, iainmac said:

Well,  he is my mate. 

I've known him for over 35 years &  we worked together with SOH. 

We also organised the Rudi Skacel Dinner at Murrayfield not so long ago &  guess what? It was well attended by those ex-team names that "can't stand him". 

Some of the garbage posted on here about him is probably actionable & I'm shocked the mods allow it. 

Yes, makes you wonder, doesn't it? 

Mackay is spot on with what he's saying apart from affecting the long term future of the club as we seem to be in a really good place off the park, however, on the park, it's a shambles, and there's only one man (and woman) to blame for that, and Mackay nails it! 

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Thank goodness its my wife that cuts the grass.

You never wondered why it takes her 3 hours? 👍 😂🤗

The only thing that worries me about our long-term future is how much damage it would do to get rid of Levein. I can live with a few years of averageness, to ensure the club is stronger in the support areas ie commercial boxes, sponsorships, Academy, even women's football if we are to go down that route...We have had many many years of average teams in the past.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nope. 

Iainmac, in his admirable non-moral crusade about his friend, & the supposed slight on his good Jambo name, has actually been the one to confirm Gary has a "drinking problem."

"Two can Dan" I believe the phrase was. So, Gary's issue seems to be that he does indeed like alcohol, yet can't handle it very well as he gets drunk very easily. Whether he drinks more afterwards is not my concern. I'm sure a good friend would advise him if he'd had too much. 

My post that friends of "club legend" Gary, have taken issue with is still here from last night. Others aren't. Telling. 

As I've said, I've even reported it myself. So, if it's deleted by the end of today, you'll know the outcome. I'm happy to be corrected in the use of rhetorical questions or statements.

If people want to interpret the meaning in their own biased way, that's their prerogative. I've no issue with that. I'm a big boy, I can answer any accusations.

“That they are both heavy drinkers, Gary especially I believe?” 

You didnt say that? 

Theres no biased going on at all, the shit you said was out of order all because of some kind of agenda against the guy.  Trying to make out his opinion means zero because of this and that starting out with his son being in jail getting divorced drink problem and so on.  

27 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It is for some Clerry.

23 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Absolutely this!

SuperstarSteve
11 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

No long term is absolutely in danger the longer this continues. Expectations are getting lowered at an alarming rate.

Expectations are and always will be top 4 and challenge for cups. 

That will never change. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

The post is still there. So, yes. Perhaps the nuances of rhetorical speech get muddled online. Happens frequently. Look at Twitter as an example. Not you though, it seems. Since you've made a rhetorical question yourself.

His son, was a genuine question. Pure curiosity as I thought he received a long (rightly so) sentence. Pure & simple.

The divorce was also a factual statement. Perhaps he did drink more, in the comfort of his own surroundings & not amongst supportive friends. Who knows. Sadly of course, his ex-wife died of Cancer a couple of years later. That's terrible for anyone.

I've no agenda against him. I've no agenda against Levein, except I want him out in all capacity at Hearts. I was surprised as anyone by the use of the phrases "gambling addict" & "womaniser" in relation to him. Though, there are people on here, maybe this thread, who're not surprised.

The defence of Gary, their mate,(yours?) is admirable, but unnecessary and quite hypocritical. 

Again though, I'll await any sanction should the Mods/Admin see fit.👍🏻

No bother mate.  I know both club legends as well as each other (not at all personally) all I done was stick up for someone who’s a passionate Jambo getting character assassinated it seemed by yourself and in my opinion you’re trying to backtrack and play dumb as to what your motives are.  Sorry if I’m mistaken.  

As for the defence of Gary, he gets torn to pieces every single time his name comes up on here.  Levein is getting it right because he’s a shite manager. If one is a slaver as people put it then the other certainly is too.  I’m surprised if you haven’t legitimately asked the question if GM pays into games to be honest that’s usually one of the insults to the man yet prior to even a month ago it was absolutely shocking club what some said about legend and hero Levein?  I’ve seen absolutely no personal attacks on the guy in the last year either. 

19 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:naughty:

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought it was quite amusing. And apt.

Just a wee observation 🥴

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just a wee observation 🥴

Threads a lot better when humour is posted.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Fair enough. People's opinions on what I meant or didn't, are fine by me.

If I'm wrong and I blatantly think I'm out of order, I'd apologise. If the mods see fit to tell me, I'll be on this thread to do just that. I've PM'd posters in the past to apologise if any offence caused about a post...some would confirm that.

I know about Gary's Hearts work, & Levein. Levein's getting it tight at the minute, and there is shocking abuse levelled at him. Here in the past, & the "other" forum. If I think GM, Levein...whoever...is a slavering tit...I'd like to think folk on here know if I say it, I'll mean it. I don't need to backtrack.

His piece, FWIW, is for the most part decent enough, going by his past columns. As ever, parts I don't agree with. But since when do we all agree? Except in that Hibs are arseholes.

Good man 👍

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

The only thing that worries me about our long-term future is how much damage it would do to get rid of Levein. I can live with a few years of averageness, to ensure the club is stronger in the support areas ie commercial boxes, sponsorships, Academy, even women's football if we are to go down that route...We have had many many years of average teams in the past.

Brilliant, let's keep Levein at the helm and be resigned to our fate.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Better than seeing Trump pics and memes.

Unless they're mocking him.

Why, what's wrong with Trump?

10 hours ago, iainmac said:

Well,  he is my mate. 

I've known him for over 35 years &  we worked together with SOH. 

Some of the garbage posted on here about him is probably actionable & I'm shocked the mods allow it. 

Personal attack on player's private lives or family is out of order,criticising a player or manager on their ability is fair game.I do not know GM

personally,but the abuse he is getting on here is away out of order.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Why, what's wrong with Trump?

He mocks disabled people and thinks it’s okay to grab women by the pussy? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or did you mean; ‘what’s wrong with him, that makes him act like such a bigot’?

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

If there is one thing I'm not worried about, it is the long term future of our club.

Craig Levein is doing a pretty good job of putting a huge dent in any progress being made on the pitch though. 

I'm assuming that we don't really care about how the first team perform anymore, so it's all good. 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He mocks disabled people and thinks it’s okay to grab women by the pussy? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or did you mean; ‘what’s wrong with him, that makes him act like such a bigot’?

He's a great leader, unlike Levein, who really is a pussy. 

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Brilliant, let's keep Levein at the helm and be resigned to our fate.

It was a word of caution. I've seen us replace managers with even worse managers before...

• davemclaren locked this topic