Gary Mackay latest....

Clerry Jambo

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

He's a great leader, unlike Levein, who really is a pussy. 

Mocking mentally handicapped people and advocating sexual assault are great leadership qualities? 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• Spellczech

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

If there is one thing I'm not worried about, it is the long term future of our club.

We have a former player in the paper today saying the football is shite under Levein and better at every single level at his new club.  I do agree though the long term future looks better than it’s ever looked. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Personal attack on player's private lives or family is out of order,criticising a player or manager on their ability is fair game.I do not know GM

personally,but the abuse he is getting on here is away out of order.

Doesn't sit well with me either

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It was a word of caution. I've seen us replace managers with even worse managers before...

Neilson with Cathro? 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mocking mentally handicapped people and advocating sexual assault are great leadership qualities? 

Great for leading simpletons, homophobes, racists and sexists.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Neilson with Cathro? 

Jordan with Clark...All the Russian guys...Sergio lost almost twice as many games as JJ on a % basis...

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It was a word of caution. I've seen us replace managers with even worse managers before...

Yes I get that, but if we always took that attitude, we might never cross the road just incase we get hit by a bus.

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Yes I get that, but if we always took that attitude, we might never cross the road just incase we get hit by a bus.

You don't sack a respected manager for drawing with Ross Country & Hamilton in the league. If Aberdeen knock out of the Cup, which would be second loss in a row this season to them, I'd want to see Levein fall on his sword.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Jordan with Clark...All the Russian guys...Sergio lost almost twice as many games as JJ on a % basis...

So your tactic to defend Levein is to use fear of the unknown. :rofl:

Do people get paid by the club? It's really not difficult to replace Levein. Gary Locke would do a better job. Added bonus would be "The right man was here all along." 

club shill

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I hear what you are saying but it’s not getting any better and all excuses have ran out.  We can’t keep a man failing in the position there out of fear that Jon Daly will be cherry picked! On the other hand...... ;) 

You don't sack a respected manager for drawing with Ross Country & Hamilton in the league. If Aberdeen knock out of the Cup, which would be second loss in a row this season to them, I'd want to see Levein fall on his sword.

Surely you can sack a manager for nearly a whole year of utter guff and it doesn’t look like improving?  

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So your tactic to defend Levein is to use fear of the unknown. :rofl:

Do people get paid by the club? It's really not difficult to replace Levein. Gary Locke would do a better job. Added bonus would be "The right man was here all along." 

club shill

"defending Levein" - Where'd you get that from? 

Judging by your username and suggestion of Gary Locke, the arch-tactician, I struggle to take any of your suggestions seriously...

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Surely you can sack a manager for nearly a whole year of utter guff and it doesn’t look like improving?  

You can, but I'd give him the Aberdeen game. Surely people are entitled to have a different opinion from you?

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ah right here was me thinking people wanted rid of him for more than just these 2 games???

ffs how fickle we are.

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Ah right here was me thinking people wanted rid of him for more than just these 2 games???

ffs how fickle we are.

I refer you to my post just before yours. Some people have wanted him out since he came in!!! (Budgement Day)

Edited by Spellczech

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

ffs how fickle we are.

We don't count away defeats now as we are so used to them.

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We don't count away defeats now as we are so used to them.

Soon we won't count home draws either, because we just had another off day.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

"defending Levein" - Where'd you get that from? 

What are you doing then? You could replace Levein with the first applicant to send their CV in.

You're at the bottom of the barrel and you can't come up with anything reasonable to defend him so have opted to bash potential candidates.

Sergio achieved more with Hearts in 1 year than Levein will ever achieve.

You're an intelligent man, you know Levein is washed up. Any other club, any other job he would have been booted out the door. He's earning far more than he's worth. Employing all his pals with a 'jobs for the boys mentality.' 

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You can, but I'd give him the Aberdeen game. Surely people are entitled to have a different opinion from you?

Of course, and let’s hope we win the games before the Aberdeen game too 👍

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Great for leading simpletons, homophobes, racists and sexists.

Indeed. Find it hard to take someone seriously if they see someone of that ilk as a great leader. Makes me seriously question their judgement in other discussions about managers and pundits etc. If Trump is your yardstick, well y’know...

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Pot and kettle :lol:

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. Find it hard to take someone seriously if they see someone of that ilk as a great leader. Makes me seriously question their judgement in other discussions about managers and pundits etc. If Trump is your yardstick, well y’know...

This 

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

On the wind up?? 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

What are you doing then? You could replace Levein with the first applicant to send their CV in.

You're at the bottom of the barrel and you can't come up with anything reasonable to defend him so have opted to bash potential candidates.

Sergio achieved more with Hearts in 1 year than Levein will ever achieve.

You're an intelligent man, you know Levein is washed up. Any other club, any other job he would have been booted out the door. He's earning far more than he's worth. Employing all his pals with a 'jobs for the boys mentality.' 

Sergio won a cup right enough, but watching Hearts in the league that season was brutal... If we had not won a cup under him, his legacy would have been far poorer and the critique of him far more balanced. Your username is indicative of your rose-tinted glasses...Sergio was great for soundbites and was cool, but the cup win means people kindly forget the 5-match touchline ban the 5-0 hammering by Spurs, losing on pens to Ayr in LC, and the 5-0 hammering by Celtic just before the cup final...

Edited by Spellczech

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Sergio won a cup right enough, but watching Hearts in the league that season was brutal... If we had not won a cup under him, his legacy would have been far poorer and the critique of him far more balanced. Your username is indicative of your rose-tinted glasses...Sergio was great for soundbites and was cool, but the cup win means people kindly forget the 5-match touchline ban the 5-0 hammering by Spurs and the 5-0 hammering by Celtic just before the cup final...

Not bad for a manager that only had his players in when they felt like it due to not getting paid. A proper football coach who got through a tough Scottish Cup run to eventually win the thing. A thinking man's coach versus a slavering leech that has took an obscene amount of money out the club over 5 years and only gave us a youth set-up and Robbie Neilson.

We own him nothing.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Not bad for a manager that only had his players in when they felt like it due to not getting paid. A proper football coach who got through a tough Scottish Cup run to eventually win the thing. A thinking man's coach versus a slavering leech that has took an obscene amount of money out the club over 5 years and only gave us a youth set-up and Robbie Neilson.

We own him nothing.

Sergio left because Hearts would not/ could not afford him as far as he was concerned, yet you have a go at Levein for taking obscene amount of money out of the club...That makes no sense.

I don't know the details, but please tell me how much Levein has taken out of the club?

5 hours ago, Deevers said:

Well, this has been an  "interesting" read. I think that everyone who supports this club  is well entitled to express a view about the present run of form and their take on the reasons for it.  It's become  really apparent that some of what is put on here about individuals though is completely unacceptable personal abuse. Is maybe time that personal abuse and some of the unsubstantiated nonsense, some of which possibly libellous, should be being removed my the mods. Lets get this place back to a forum where views about the club are exchanged without the vitriol. 

Agreed !

Perhaps the rules about personal abuse should be extended to protect Hearts employees past and present and Hearts management as well as fellow posters. 

It's been getting steadily worse on here and some people feel that being entitled to 'their opinion' entitles them to indulge in the kind of abuse that would cause trouble in the Stadium. 

SuperstarSteve

Levein will be here untill the end of season, especially if we don’t drift too far from Aberdeen and hibs in the league. 

Aswell as beating Aberdeen to reach Hampden for a 3rd time in less than a year. 

Fans may consider that unacceptable but budge won’t. 

It doesn't matter that we're guff and at the bottom of the table, as long as we do well in the cups. We don't even have to win the cups either, it's great. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sergio left because Hearts would not/ could not afford him as far as he was concerned, yet you have a go at Levein for taking obscene amount of money out of the club...That makes no sense.

I don't know the details, but please tell me how much Levein has taken out of the club?

Sergio earned his wage and left because the club couldn't afford to keep them on. Levein has given us nothing post Neilson while taking a DOF's wage and now head coaches wage. Nearly 3 years of garbage and he's still here and will probably slither back up stairs when he's done. Black and now Locke have given Sergio extremely high praise. Can you see any player saying Levein is the best coach they've worked under?  Levein builds good teams. He just doesn't have the tactical nous or the coaching skills to improve players/teams to get the best out of them. They do better when he leaves.

You know he deserves to be sacked as does nearly everyone. The problem is we'll end up with Neil McCann. It's really disheartening watching Hearts at the moment. I'm at the stage where I don't really care about results. Budge needs to completely change her outlook and make some drastic changes, that won't happen though. She'll be gone next season. No way will people accept her having anything to do with the running of the football department. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Our form this season is unacceptable in my opinion. We couldn’t beat Dundee Utd at home, or East Fife away. We didn’t turn up for 75mins at Aberdeen, didn’t turn up at all at Parkhead, should have had a Livi style thrashing off Ross County, and couldn’t beat Hamilton at home.

Add in our form last season and it is clearly well past time for a change. All just my opinion though. I accept there will be others disagreeing, but I doubt there are many.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Agreed !

Perhaps the rules about personal abuse should be extended to protect Hearts employees past and present and Hearts management as well as fellow posters. 

It's been getting steadily worse on here and some people feel that being entitled to 'their opinion' entitles them to indulge in the kind of abuse that would cause trouble in the Stadium. 

I’d be happy with that too. Employees and former employees to be treated the same as posters, regarding abuse. Won’t happen though. Probably wouldn’t work anyway... Pieman for example.

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Sergio earned his wage and left because the club couldn't afford to keep them on. Levein has given us nothing post Neilson while taking a DOF's wage and now head coaches wage. Nearly 3 years of garbage and he's still here and will probably slither back up stairs when he's done. Black and now Locke have given Sergio extremely high praise. Can you see any player saying Levein is the best coach they've worked under?  Levein builds good teams. He just doesn't have the tactical nous or the coaching skills to improve players/teams to get the best out of them. They do better when he leaves.

You know he deserves to be sacked as does nearly everyone. The problem is we'll end up with Neil McCann. It's really disheartening watching Hearts at the moment. I'm at the stage where I don't really care about results. Budge needs to completely change her outlook and make some drastic changes, that won't happen though. She'll be gone next season. No way will people accept her having anything to do with the running of the football department. 

Are you saying Levein is pocketing 2 wages from Hearts?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Spellczech said:

Are you saying Levein is pocketing 2 wages from Hearts?

He'll be getting paid for doing both jobs. Nice to see you didn't disagree with any of my other points. Only you'll know why you're defending the club though playing down potential managers.

Peace.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

How would you suggest he does his articles when he’s speaking as a club legend and fan?  That everything is about to come good if we wait a couple of games over and over again? This time last year he was full of praise before. The team lost the plot since 11 months ago. 

He could be factual and a bit more balanced. 

He's said recently. 

I don't like cl

He talked about FOH funds completely incorrectly. 

He's talked about the long term future without any basis. 

That's not good reporting, just a rant imo. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The long term future stuff doesn’t stand up but at least someone is banging the drum publicly for Levein to leave. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Better than seeing Trump pics and memes.

Unless they're mocking him.

I knew you were a good man👍

34 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Our form this season is unacceptable in my opinion. We couldn’t beat Dundee Utd at home, or East Fife away. We didn’t turn up for 75mins at Aberdeen, didn’t turn up at all at Parkhead, should have had a Livi style thrashing off Ross County, and couldn’t beat Hamilton at home.

Add in our form last season and it is clearly well past time for a change. All just my opinion though. I accept there will be others disagreeing, but I doubt there are many.

Cups are cups - progress is the only measure. Cathro failed to progress from group stage of LC and that was the end. The LC rounds were not good performances but a lot of young and new players got blooded. The key thing is that we progressed. Aberdeen away is a game we could've hoped to win based on history but it is not an easy game. Celtic away you would never expect a result at an the performance was very poor to boot. But as I say 2 draws against County and Hamilton are not the straw that will break the camel's back....

Levein is, however, on a very sticky wicket. Exiting the Cup at home to Aberdeen will be enough to end it for him IMO. A drubbing at Easter Road also but I cannot see that happening...

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He'll be getting paid for doing both jobs. Nice to see you didn't disagree with any of my other points. Only you'll know why you're defending the club though playing down potential managers.

Peace.

I asked you a question. You answered it. I asked you to confirm your answer. You seem to be sure...I'd be surprised if he was taking both salaries. May have got an increase to do both jobs but I'd be surprised if the Board were daft enough to just aggregate the 2 distinct wages...plus I doubt he's doing too well on the bonus front! 

Sergio is not a potential manager. When is a second spell at a club ever better than the first? Not for Levein, JJ or even King Kenny or Mourinho...

I don't mind the club giving him a few more games this season. I'm not a reactionary. Nobody has swayed me so far with alternative suggestions - certainly not Sergio or Locke as you profer...

19 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/gary-mackay-i-don-t-want-anybody-to-lose-their-job-but-i-am-worried-about-hearts-future-1-4996754

Gary Mackay: I don’t want anybody to lose their job but I am worried about Hearts’ future

Gary Mackay
5-6 minutes

Hamilton's George Oakley scored a double in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Tynecastle, which leaves Hearts joint-bottom of the Ladbrokes Premiership after four matches. Some fans have lost patience with management and are demanding that Craig Levein is sacked. Pic: SNS

Hamilton's George Oakley scored a double in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Tynecastle, which leaves Hearts joint-bottom of the Ladbrokes Premiership after four matches. Some fans have lost patience with management and are demanding that Craig Levein is sacked. Pic: SNS  

If somebody is not meeting targets, then any football club has to look at an option that is going to improve the situation.

Hearts have wonderful facilities, a wonderful infrastructure, a wonderful ambassador in Gary Locke and we are perceived well by others because of what Foundation of Hearts have done. All these things become pointless if the product on the pitch isn’t bringing results.

I thought Saturday would have kickstarted our season. It didn’t. Hamilton could have beaten Hearts, just as Ross County could have. It would have been scary to see the reaction had that happened. The headline which came out of the weekend was: “I can fix it.” Now, if you’re a football man as Craig Levein is, then you look at the squad and naturally think we can do better. For me, it’s how much better. What are the margins of improvement? We need to make sure Tynecastle is a place that the Ross Countys and Hamiltons are fearful of.

Talk of fixing things goes back to the 5-0 loss at Livingston last year. A club like Hearts should not be suffering results like that. We do seem to get oursleves up for the cup games, and credit to the management and players for that, but some of the results we’ve had during this period have been nothing short of embarrassing.

Gary Locke was removed when this regime came in because the present football department didn’t want him in place. Robbie Neilson was brought in and did well. We then had Ian Cathro, who was a complete failure. At this moment in time, aside from the cup competitions, our league form has been nothing short of abysmal.

No disrespect but there isn’t a football person on the Hearts board, aside from Craig Levein. So the only people who could ask the questions are the ones in those positions. The director of football should ask why the manager isn’t getting more out of the players we have. But they are both the same person. That is an absurd situation.

That’s what happens when you put someone in a position of huge power. I don’t know if any manager in Scottish football history has the power over a football department that Craig Levein has at Hearts. Maybe he will look for an escape strategy and bring somebody else in as manager but we can’t have this just going round and round all the time like a hamster in a wheel.

Ultimately, people are now questioning Ann Budge. The last two managers were appointed by her and Craig but their league results have been well below Hearts’ expectations. I don’t like Craig Levein, however nobody wants to see anybody lose their job, like or dislike the person. I’m not fussy about how good a player Craig was for Hearts or how well he has done for the academy. I’m worried about the long-term future of Heart of Midlothian Football Club - a club supporters have been fighting in various forms to save for the last 15 years.

The Hearts squad is significantly stronger after summer business

Informative enough to quote full article again lol

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He could be factual and a bit more balanced. 

He's said recently. 

I don't like cl

He talked about FOH funds completely incorrectly. 

He's talked about the long term future without any basis. 

That's not good reporting, just a rant imo. 

He’s not a reporter, he’s a supporter giving his opinion.  Many want Levein out the club completely (not me may I add) if he stays at the club long term is that good for the future in the opinion of the support that want him removed completely? I don’t think it is.  Long term is around five years, short term half a year to a year I don’t think he means the club will be doomed for 20 odd year.  The FoH funds as a supporter he did get wrong but again he’s a former player and a fan not a reporter.  He got stick for that and I can see why but bringing personal shit into a column giving his opinion in which a lot of people agree with is over the top/out of order.  I don’t expect you to agree with that though but that’s your opinion as you seem to overlook everything else in the columns and look for a slip up. 

Edited by Last Laff

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

He’s not a reporter, he’s a supporter giving his opinion.  Many want Levein out the club completely (not me may I add) if he stays at the club long term is that good for the future in the opinion of the support that want him removed completely? I don’t think it is.  Long term is around five years, short term half a year to a year I don’t think he means the club will be doomed for 20 odd year.  The FoH funds as a supporter he did get wrong but again he’s a former player and a fan not a reporter.  He got stick for that and I can see why but bringing personal shit into a column giving his opinion in which a lot of people agree with is over the top/out of order.  I don’t expect you to agree with that though but that’s your opinion. 

I think as  Hearts fan he should be a bit more balanced and dare I say it positive in regards to Hearts.

When the OF journalists / reporters / pundits give their opinion their Bias shines through, not always a good thing from a neutral point of view but at least they favour the team they support. Any supporter really should, should they not?

Reading his articles, if you never knew who Gary was, you wouldn't think he was a supporter and former player of note.

He just gets stuck in.

A bit like our Mikey, when Sutton is the voice of reason over him then you know his opinion is way too personal and ott.

Gary is now in this territory. Slow to praise, quick to criticise and even when doing so distorts things to further his opinion. 

We all know CL could lose his job, the final saved him last season and the league season hasn't started well. He's been backed to the hilt and we are in a dreadful run of form.

We all know that. The content of the column isn't in question, it's the way he goes and has gone about it.

Guys like Locke and Robbo when they were in the media don't get stuck in about us like that, in fact even hibs and OF leaning media folk don't. Gary as a supporter should try and even do a little bit of that rather than taking his personal grievances out in the public forum imo.

I could guarantee 100% that say If Robbo was the manager and  in the current form his criticism would not be as rabid.

As  I say tho, even if it is personal it doesn't really matter now, the form guide and start to the season is the most important factor in deciding what happens to CL and he is surely at last orders now.

Almost everyone agrees on that.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think as  Hearts fan he should be a bit more balanced and dare I say it positive in regards to Hearts.

When the OF journalists / reporters / pundits give their opinion their Bias shines through, not always a good thing from a neutral point of view but at least they favour the team they support. Any supporter really should, should they not?

Reading his articles, if you never knew who Gary was, you wouldn't think he was a supporter and former player of note.

He just gets stuck in.

A bit like our Mikey, when Sutton is the voice of reason over him then you know his opinion is way too personal and ott.

Gary is now in this territory. Slow to praise, quick to criticise and even when doing so distorts things to further his opinion. 

We all know CL could lose his job, the final saved him last season and the league season hasn't started well. He's been backed to the hilt and we are in a dreadful run of form.

We all know that. The content of the column isn't in question, it's the way he goes and has gone about it.

Guys like Locke and Robbo when they were in the media don't get stuck in about us like that, in fact even hibs and OF leaning media folk don't. Gary as a supporter should try and even do a little bit of that rather than taking his personal grievances out in the public forum imo.

I could guarantee 100% that say If Robbo was the manager and  in the current form his criticism would not be as rabid.

As  I say tho, even if it is personal it doesn't really matter now, the form guide and start to the season is the most important factor in deciding what happens to CL and he is surely at last orders now.

Almost everyone agrees on that.

What he’s saying is a reflection of what the majority on here and what the majority of the support think.  What is positive at the moment? The squad of players if a new manager comes in? On the pitch is terrible and as a fan he’s saying so. Do you want him to lie?  When Robbo was manager and Locke they got a lot of abuse and people wanted them emptied - difference is neither had complete or any control of the overall club.  Surely you can see the difference.

You see anything against Levein is anything against Hearts.  That’s simply not the case.  

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What he’s saying is a reflection of what the majority on here and what the majority of the support think.  What is positive at the moment? The squad of players if a new manager comes in? On the pitch is terrible and as a fan he’s saying so. Do you want him to lie?  When Robbo was manager and Locke they got a lot of abuse and people wanted them emptied - difference is neither had complete or any control of the overall club.  Surely you can see the difference.

You see anything against Levein is anything against Hearts.  That’s simply not the case.  

No. 

But he's been rabid since last year. 

He says in his article that he doesn't like CL. 

That to me says it's personal. 

When folk say things like CL is shagging Budge, he's a born loser etc it is imo a dig at Hearts and personal against CL. 

Anyway, it's irrelevant as I say results and form will Surley bring this to a close. 

SpruceBringsteen

Now I've read the article, one thing I will say is "I'm not fussy about the academy, I'm scared about the club's long term future" is - at best - a wee bit dopey.

• davemclaren locked this topic