Good Naismith interview in EEN

Pants Shaton

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

I don’t think Naismith is complaining - Hearts fans are miserable, loyal ****ers.

The fact that Naismith signed for us, indicates to me that a guy who has operated at the very top of the game has respect  for the management team.

He is also experienced enough to recognise a dead man walking and he won't be the only senior player who can see that. The interview is exactly the kind of measured opinion you would give in our current circumstances but as other people have said the players actions speak louder than their words. 

Bit rich blaming the defence on Saturday as well, the goals came from a defender attacking in a manner that our midfield and forwards were incapable of and a centre half's header. Our attack, Washington in particular, were toothless. 

Intriguing he mentions the fans reaction to the 0-0 draw with Livingston but not his poor penalty miss! 

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• GorgieFifeLife

• We_are_the_Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The club is riddled with what seems self pity, accusations and counter accusations. We need leaders, we need inspiration, we need fighting spirit channelled from pitch to stand and stand to pitch.

But first of all, we need coaches... 

I won't hold my breath waiting on a player saying "the training is shit, we're shit and can't be arsed" we won't hear it but that is the case, they can't be arsed and it's been like that for long enough now, Levein can just F *** o** now because he has no idea of how to change things.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It would be fantastic, highly unlikely, but fantastic, if we all got right behind them this next batch of games and stop feeling sorry ourselves.

The club is riddled with what seems self pity, accusations and counter accusations. We need leaders, we need inspiration, we need fighting spirit channelled from pitch to stand and stand to pitch.

**** it, lets get behind the useless *****

I’m up for fighting spirit and will be exercising that at the Motherwell game.

Problem with Tynecastle is you’re farting against thunder, so to speak, with the atmosphere as it is.

Best atmosphere was Motherwell away and as the season goes on the next best atmosphere will be an away game. That tells you everything you need to know.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

References the Hearts fans booing our 0-0 against Livingston after we’d won about 9 on the bounce.

Hearts fans really are the best and worst football fans.

Deluded as I am - still think we’ll have a good season.

Tbf, even on Saturday the boos were kept until full time. 

The last ten some folk turned on Levein, (don't think that helps during the game) it wasn't great but through that game and the rc game the boos were kept until ft.

I thought the crowd was very patient on Saturday. 

I think we will have a good season as well, Aberdeen and Hibs are on par with us, folk moan about us but forget our environment and our competition. 

The thread comparing us to Liverpool summed up what goes on in people's heads when talking about us being shite, hoofball etc. Unreal tbh. 

Compared to Liverpool we are- absolute shite tbh, but compared to hibs and Aberdeen, even rangers to an extent we are not. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I believe Naismith is now the first player to publicly defend the manager so assertively, takes me back to Don Cowie being the first to defend Ian Cathro saying how happy all the players were. Shortly after that the whole squad was in the press defending Cathro every week saying how brilliant training was, loss after loss. Hoping more players start coming out publicly defending Levein from criticism, as that means we’re getting closer to the end. 

Brighton Jambo
38 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

If she doesn't act on Levein she will be as culpable as him and will lose the fans.

No she wont, she might lose a minority but the majority can see what a brilliant job she has done for our club from the very darkest of places.  A few too many matches showing too much faith in a manager will never be enough to eradicate the respect and gratitude from the majority of the supporters.

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No she wont, she might lose a minority but the majority can see what a brilliant job she has done for our club from the very darkest of places.  A few too many matches showing too much faith in a manager will never be enough to eradicate the respect and gratitude from the majority of the supporters.

Will you be attending these matches?

2 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Does anyone think it helps the players..? 

Actually in certain circumstances, yes.

Booing at full time when the performance has been mediocre lets the team know that it is unacceptable.

Booing at HT could give the players a huge kick up the arse. I would add that I can only see this working if it is a rare occurrence and not happening every week.

Booing during a game clearly won’t help anyone, but sometimes needs must.

If our players aren’t happy at being booed for failing to beat Ross County or Hamilton at home then perhaps they should ask for a transfer to St Johnstone where expectation levels will be more appropriate to their ability and/or temperament.

References the Hearts fans booing our 0-0 against Livingston after we’d won about 9 on the bounce.

Hearts fans really are the best and worst football fans.

Deluded as I am - still think we’ll have a good season.

While I think Booing after winning 9 on the bounce is ridiculous, maybe the players should have been asking why, to a man, they were out worked by their Livi counterparts for the entire game.

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It would be fantastic, highly unlikely, but fantastic, if we all got right behind them this next batch of games and stop feeling sorry ourselves.

It’s would make a change. The players could have no excuse for not giving their all if they were backed to the hilt. Positivity breeds positivity.

21 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m up for fighting spirit and will be exercising that at the Motherwell game.

Problem with Tynecastle is you’re farting against thunder, so to speak, with the atmosphere as it is.

Best atmosphere was Motherwell away and as the season goes on the next best atmosphere will be an away game. That tells you everything you need to know.

Talking of Motherwell whose manager last December recognised they were failing with their tactics and players , he changed both bringing in youth and pace all over their team , I fear it will be same old against them , I’ve seen about 4 different players giving interviews last 2 days but absolutely nothing from the decision makers at Tynecastle very disappointing 

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Will you be attending these matches?

If I can, I cant go every week as I don't live in Edinburgh and have young kids.  Even if I could go every week, as I used to, not sacking Levein would not make me turn on Ann Budge. 

GorgieFifeLife
17 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Utter horseshit. So the mentality is it doesn't matter how crap we are that it is fine she allows Levein to continue dragging us down because she helped save us? That is history now and she will he judged on her role now. If you are correct then the majority of supporters are losers and I dont believe that for one minute.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Utter horseshit. So the mentality is it doesn't matter how crap we are that it is fine she allows Levein to continue dragging us down because she helped save us? That is history now and she will he judged on her role now. If you are correct then the majority of supporters are losers and I dont believe that for one minute.

images (17).jpeg

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Booooo

Brighton Jambo

Read my post you ignorant clown.  I said a few too many matches not a season or beyond.

Its also not 'history now'  most fans have longer memories than that she has plenty of credit in the bank and she will be more than forgiven a few mis-steps given all the good she has done for us.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

images (17).jpeg

Get a grip.  I see the happy clappers have started to filter back in a day earlier than expected.  If you dont have anything useful to contribute do one.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Get a grip.  I see the happy clappers have started to filter back in a day earlier than expected.  If you dont have anything useful to contribute do one.

You getting ready to turn on Ann Budge is the most laughable thing on here.  We all agree Levein has to go but to start writing off all her previous achievements is ridiculous. 

I don’t think Naismith is complaining - Hearts fans are miserable, loyal ****ers.

The fact that Naismith signed for us, indicates to me that a guy who has operated at the very top of the game has respect  for the management team.

Naismith wanted to be back in Scotland.He will be earning more money in 4 years than your average fan will in their lifetime.Not bad when you spend half your time on the sick.

I like Naismith but lets not get carried away with "respect for management team"stuff .He is saying the things that a senior pro should in the current situation.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Think that picture is more of a response than your slavers on this thread deserve tbh. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Read my post you ignorant clown.  I said a few too many matches not a season or beyond.

Its also not 'history now'  most fans have longer memories than that she has plenty of credit in the bank and she will be more than forgiven a few mis-steps given all the good she has done for us.

Ah your a keyboard hard man who likes to use name calling which you wouldn't have the balls to use in person.  I wont resort to name calling but you are wrong.  It's not a few too many games it's a season worth so far at the very least.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Think that picture is more of a response than your slavers on this thread deserve tbh. 

Keep happy clapping along.  I've read plenty of your slavering.  Give him a few more games then a few more and a few more after that. Jam tomorrow eh. Loser.

Bazzas right boot

Keep happy clapping along.  I've read plenty of your slavering.  Give him a few more games then a few more and a few more after that. Jam tomorrow eh. Loser.

You said about two posts back you wouldn't revert to name calling as well... 

Tut tut 

Ann has a message for you. 

pg-48-hearts-getty.jpeg

32834005-7B37-4E4C-B170-019C411AB333.jpeg.d72958003497b63013314acf541bfa25.jpeg

Edited by Smith's right boot

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You getting ready to turn on Ann Budge is the most laughable thing on here.  We all agree Levein has to go but to start writing off all her previous achievements is ridiculous. 

If she cant do her job thousands of fans will be turning on her. The boos wont be for Levein from now on they will be for her if she keeps him in position.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Ah your a keyboard hard man who likes to use name calling which you wouldn't have the balls to use in person.  I wont resort to name calling but you are wrong.  It's not a few too many games it's a season worth so far at the very least.

Aye the same sort of key board hard man who proclaims someone's view is 'utter horse shit'.  Bet you wouldn't have the balls to do that in person either.

Then again you seem like the sort who probably would and somehow thinks that's a good thing.

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I caught it for you 👍

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s right of course. He should have said what he really thinks about our support at times as well because he’d be right about that too. 

Enough of this. 

If the players can’t live up to the pressures of playing for Hearts then they need to **** off. 

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Aye the same sort of key board hard man who proclaims someone's view is 'utter horse shit'.  Bet you wouldn't have the balls to do that in person either.

Then again you seem like the sort who probably would and somehow thinks that's a good thing.

I would have no problem commenting on a view like that in person.  What I would not do is start name calling like in a playground.  

54 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He is also experienced enough to recognise a dead man walking and he won't be the only senior player who can see that. The interview is exactly the kind of measured opinion you would give in our current circumstances but as other people have said the players actions speak louder than their words. 

Bit rich blaming the defence on Saturday as well, the goals came from a defender attacking in a manner that our midfield and forwards were incapable of and a centre half's header. Our attack, Washington in particular, were toothless. 

Intriguing he mentions the fans reaction to the 0-0 draw with Livingston but not his poor penalty miss! 

He wasn't. He said we were poor defensively as a team, he's talkin about them as a collective not winning second balls etc.

38 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

True.

She will leave with just that. Respect and gratitude.

Won’t be long either if the cash is on target !

GorgieFifeLife
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tut tut 

pg-48-hearts-getty.jpeg

That's not very respectful to your queen.  Loser mentality towards Hearts ambitions was the reference not to you as being a loser.  Hope you can distinguish between the two ok.

Good article.

hes not having a go, just saying that it’s basically pish being served up - which we all agree.

A thinly veiled shot at his teammates if anything saying get a grip.

I personally hate the booing of players, as it doesn’t help. The manager got it tight because he’s managed us to relegation form in 2019z

we have a very strong squad IMHO and Naismith is  right in what he says.

looks like CL is staying for the Motherwell game at any rate. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Good article.

hes not having a go, just saying that it’s basically pish being served up - which we all agree.

A thinly veiled shot at his teammates if anything saying get a grip.

I personally hate the booing of players, as it doesn’t help. The manager got it tight because he’s managed us to relegation form in 2019z

we have a very strong squad IMHO and Naismith is  right in what he says.

looks like CL is staying for the Motherwell game at any rate. 

If he does we need to win, do that and beat Aberdeen we can look forward to the next few games. 

CL is Surley at last chance saloon. 

Beat Aberdeen and we're at Hampden. 

Bring a bit of the feel good factor back. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That's not very respectful to your queen.  Loser mentality towards Hearts ambitions was the reference not to you as being a loser.  Hope you can distinguish between the two ok.

Ok

I get your point but I think you should calm down and you may not get as strong a response. 

You've went from a Naismith interview to Ann getting turned  on by the fans in a single thread. 

Think about it. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

correct we are a shower of moaning barstewards and although warrented we should try to get behind the team at all times even if the football is eye bleedingly crap. I hate to say it but when we were humping the smellies from the West 4-0 at Tynecastle their fans still got behind their team no leaving early and singing until the end. I know it's hard but we need a change in attitude. I remember a game in the seventies when we were really pish (most of the seventies) and the fans in the shed were booing, it obviously got to the players because i remember Drew Busby scoring a consolation goal and sticking two V signs up to the shed on his way back to the half way line. happy to be shot down in flames.

Words. 

Hard fixtures away from home nice to get back to Tynecastle. Same performance.

Folk back from injury. Same performance.

International Break....We’ll see if things improve. They can’t get much worse TBH.

2 points from a possible 6 against two of the “easier” teams in the league.

Talking needs done on the pitch and Naismith ain’t been there to do it.

Edited by Jamhammer

38 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Enough of this. 

If the players can’t live up to the pressures of playing for Hearts then they need to **** off. 

Nah Des, the fans need to give themselves a shake as well. 

2 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I like Naismith. And I respect his opinion. But to be honest I just don't care anymore. I'm fed up of the excuses. I'm fed up of constantly looking for even the smallest slightest positives in order to try and defend Levein. We need top 4 we need a crack at European football next season. As a fan base I think we're desperate for it. And the longer we wait to replace Craig the harder top 4 and Europe is going to be. 

Correct. 

And I’m increasingly tired of Naismith to be honest. Injured almost the whole time at Norwich and injured almost the whole time he has been with us. Was also rank when he came back for a few games after the winter break last season. 

I also did not like his comment about not wanting to take any risks on Saturday as he was desperate to play for Scotland. 

14 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

correct we are a shower of moaning barstewards and although warrented we should try to get behind the team at all times even if the football is eye bleedingly crap. I hate to say it but when we were humping the smellies from the West 4-0 at Tynecastle their fans still got behind their team no leaving early and singing until the end. I know it's hard but we need a change in attitude. I remember a game in the seventies when we were really pish (most of the seventies) and the fans in the shed were booing, it obviously got to the players because i remember Drew Busby scoring a consolation goal and sticking two V signs up to the shed on his way back to the half way line. happy to be shot down in flames.

I’m loathe to bring it up, Ray, but I agree with you about the attitude change and the reference to the demons at the 4-0 game but, whether people agree or not, there is a problem with creating a great atmosphere and keeping the club happy. 

There has been some great atmospheres at big games but the mad chuckers took all the headlines.

Shame but there it is.

We_are_the_Hearts
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he does we need to win, do that and beat Aberdeen we can look forward to the next few games. 

CL is Surley at last chance saloon. 

Beat Aberdeen and we're at Hampden. 

Bring a bit of the feel good factor back. 

We did that last season. Last chance saloon has passed him by

ToadKiller Dog

Good professional comments as expected from some one of his standard in the game .

Outside the Ugly sisters we most likely are the most demanding support ,we dont expect to win all the time ,but we expect the team to give their all. Like on Saturday at 2-2 last 15m we expect to see us as the team flat out going for a winner, even Mcglynn and Frail when in charge new that .

It's right and it's part of what Mark's our support out from most of the others in the league and I hope that doesn't change .

If the players do back the manager time they proved it is fast running out .

2 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I like Naismith. And I respect his opinion. But to be honest I just don't care anymore. I'm fed up of the excuses. I'm fed up of constantly looking for even the smallest slightest positives in order to try and defend Levein. We need top 4 we need a crack at European football next season. As a fan base I think we're desperate for it. And the longer we wait to replace Craig the harder top 4 and Europe is going to be. 

Absolutely, spot on
Exactly where I am with it all now

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tut tut 

pg-48-hearts-getty.jpeg

Lovely budgey fingers🙈👌

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m loathe to bring it up, Ray, but I agree with you about the attitude change and the reference to the demons at the 4-0 game but, whether people agree or not, there is a problem with creating a great atmosphere and keeping the club happy. 

There has been some great atmospheres at big games but the mad chuckers took all the headlines.

Shame but there it is.

yes Boab i think a lot of it stems from the fans at home games the ones that normally give it laldy at away games being in different parts of the stadium (section G and N the exception), iv'e tried starting a song in section Q lower and hardly anybody joins in well apart from the wife. like you say the big games take care of themselves.

2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

yes Boab i think a lot of it stems from the fans at home games the ones that normally give it laldy at away games being in different parts of the stadium (section G and N the exception), iv'e tried starting a song in section Q lower and hardly anybody joins in well apart from the wife. like you say the big games take care of themselves.

😂

I would get told to sit down and stop making a fool of myself. That’s why she’s not there !

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Boab said:

😂

I would get told to sit down and stop making a fool of myself. That’s why she’s not there !

ha ha

59 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

If she cant do her job thousands of fans will be turning on her. The boos wont be for Levein from now on they will be for her if she keeps him in position.

Can't do her job ?😂

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.

Most Hearts fans know what a good job she has done for Hearts. She has dragged this club up from deaths door.

She has done HER job magnificently it's the man who she trusted to look after the first team who us letting everyone down at the moment.

She comes across as a decent human being and is giving her manager time to sort things out although there will be a limit to that time .

Admittedly this us her biggest challenge yet this is uncharted waters for her.