Good Naismith interview in EEN

Pants Shaton

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is too busy helping Budge select a paint colour for the new innovation centre.

Why dont you give it a rest!

****ing drivel constantly.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• GorgieFifeLife

• We_are_the_Hearts

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GorgieFifeLife
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can't do her job ?😂

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.

Most Hearts fans know what a good job she has done for Hearts. She has dragged this club up from deaths door.

She has done HER job magnificently it's the man who she trusted to look after the first team who us letting everyone down at the moment.

She comes across as a decent human being and is giving her manager time to sort things out although there will be a limit to that time .

Admittedly this us her biggest challenge yet this is uncharted waters for her.

What she had done previously is not what I am questioning.  She will have to deal with Levein as she has already given him too much time.  She will be judged on how she deals with this situation. Her good work up until now will not give her a free pass if she fails in sorting the first team.

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

He is also experienced enough to recognise a dead man walking and he won't be the only senior player who can see that. The interview is exactly the kind of measured opinion you would give in our current circumstances but as other people have said the players actions speak louder than their words. 

Bit rich blaming the defence on Saturday as well, the goals came from a defender attacking in a manner that our midfield and forwards were incapable of and a centre half's header. Our attack, Washington in particular, were toothless. 

Intriguing he mentions the fans reaction to the 0-0 draw with Livingston but not his poor penalty miss! 

He should be worried about a few fair Hearts fans that will have raised their eyebrows after watching him for just 10 mins on Saturday when we struggling badly and now he is away with Scotland. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If you won games based on what you said in the press, we’d be laughing.

unfortunately, our players and manager don’t ever deliver on any of it.

seems clear from this interview that no-one if really convinced that the problems will be solved.

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No she wont, she might lose a minority but the majority can see what a brilliant job she has done for our club from the very darkest of places.  A few too many matches showing too much faith in a manager will never be enough to eradicate the respect and gratitude from the majority of the supporters.

Spot on.

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Will you be attending these matches?

If he lives in Brighton possibly not. 

I live in Ayr and only illness and holidays stop me attending, but then I am a supporter of HMFC.

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

He is also experienced enough to recognise a dead man walking and he won't be the only senior player who can see that. The interview is exactly the kind of measured opinion you would give in our current circumstances but as other people have said the players actions speak louder than their words. 

Bit rich blaming the defence on Saturday as well, the goals came from a defender attacking in a manner that our midfield and forwards were incapable of and a centre half's header. Our attack, Washington in particular, were toothless. 

Intriguing he mentions the fans reaction to the 0-0 draw with Livingston but not his poor penalty miss! 

Good point about the penalty miss. While missed penalties will always be part of the game, as a club we miss a ridiculously high number. We can’t even do that to a decent standard.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Does anyone think it helps the players..? 

Naysmith does, he said it reminds them that winning games is the most important thing and failing to do so is unacceptable at some clubs.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-steven-naismith-speaks-out-on-fan-pressure-craig-levein-and-why-his-team-are-miles-off-it-1-4996024

Edited by Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Give Naisy the captaincy when Berra is dropped please.

I 100% agree Berra needs dropped

I 100% agree Berra should not be captain

I 100% see captaincy in Naismith as he is a born leader

But we need our captain to play more than 15 games a season.

10 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Good point about the penalty miss. While missed penalties will always be part of the game, as a club we miss a ridiculously high number. We can’t even do that to a decent standard.

Our penalty taking is totally unacceptable.  No-one or team in the world will score every penalty, I get that but you would have to say that one man v the keeper from 12 yards when the kicker knows where it is going should always be fancied around 90% of the time.  These losers are on about 50% right now.  That is to say that 5 out 10 (roughly) are missed.  How is this even possible? It defies the law of averages.

Edited by i8hibsh

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our penalty taking is totally unacceptable.  No-one or team in the world will score every penalty, I get that but you would have to say that one man v the keeper from 12 yards when the kicker knows where it is going should always be fancied around 90% of the time.  These losers are on about 50% right now.  That is to say that 5 out 10 (roughly) are missed.  How is this even possible? It defies the law of averages.

Our first choice GK until recently had only saved 1 of the 22 penalties he had faced, probably part of the problem if you score them easily in training,against a ***** diving the wrong way or over the ball,then come up against a decent GK in matches.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Naismith making complete sense as usual - some people on here really wont like that as they’d rather stick the boot in. 

It doesn't matter what Naismith says the manager isn't getting the best out his players.

It's that simple and clear for everyone to see. 

3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Ah your a keyboard hard man who likes to use name calling which you wouldn't have the balls to use in person.  I wont resort to name calling but you are wrong.  It's not a few too many games it's a season worth so far at the very least.

A season worth, at the very least?  We were top this time last season.

What year is it in Fife anyway?  Has Levein even taken over yet?

GorgieFifeLife
37 minutes ago, WageThief said:

A season worth, at the very least?  We were top this time last season.

What year is it in Fife anyway?  Has Levein even taken over yet?

Unlucky for us that league position is finalised at the end of the season. 

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Give Naisy the captaincy when Berra is dropped please.

Can we get him back playing consistently first?

Not arguing against but he can’t be captain if he ain’t in the pitch. 

Theres a real lack of leadership on the pitch without him that’s for sure. Hoping Whelan will help

hold the bus, we haven't won a league game since mars bars where 3d, and the fans are so impatient? are some of you getting stuff I've not seen since 1972?  CL has had more than enough time and money to turn this around and has failed miserably, he can F 0ff any time he wants and if any of the underperforming superstars think the support is unfair, they can do one as well, we can get turned over for much less than you are costing us.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is too busy helping Budge select a paint colour for the new innovation centre.

have you got something wrong in your head. You really are the most repetitive boring whining child on here. And that is amongst some serious competition. 

6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

As Clueless as this journalist 

You think Levien's tactics were good then?  He's not overly defensive in your eyes?

Are you suggesting Levien's tactics are similar to Klopp's!

Edited by Getintaethem

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

In the history of the World Cup, teams have made 71.5 percent of their penalty-shootout kicks. But the sample size is not huge, and the percentage has been slightly higher — closer to 75 percent. 

You always talk utter drivel mate. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

In the history of the World Cup, teams have made 71.5 percent of their penalty-shootout kicks. But the sample size is not huge, and the percentage has been slightly higher — closer to 75 percent. 

You always talk utter drivel mate. 

Penalty shoot out kicks are much more pressured so not that much drivel

9 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

You think Levien's tactics were good then?  He's not overly defensive in your eyes?

Are you suggesting Levien's tactics are similar to Klopp's!

What I’m suggesting, like Klopp did, is that you could play 4 strikers and that doesn’t make us anymore of an attacking threat.

We scored 2 goals and we lost 2 goals because we defended poorly and took poor choices. Not because we didn’t attack enough.

Had we, as you suggested,  played 2 or 3 strikers, we probably would have lost more goals. Not scored more. 

That said, he shouldn’t have started Henderson, that was a waste of a jersey and it meant after we had lost White to injury we couldn’t bring on Uche. 

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What I’m suggesting, like Klopp did, is that you could play 4 strikers and that doesn’t make us anymore of an attacking threat.

We scored 2 goals and we lost 2 goals because we defended poorly and took poor choices. Not because we didn’t attack enough.

Had we, as you suggested,  played 2 or 3 strikers, we probably would have lost more goals. Not scored more. 

That said, he shouldn’t have started Henderson, that was a waste of a jersey and it meant after we had lost White to injury we couldn’t bring on Uche. 

3 shots on target would suggest we didn’t attack enough

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

3 shots on target would suggest we didn’t attack enough

Man City regularly have less than 3 shots on target. Do they not attack enough? 

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If you were satisfied with the attack on Saturday then we’ll need to agree to disagree. We have different aspirations for performance 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Talk is cheap and the first team need to start correcting some of the numerous issues we have has a team.

In a few weeks time, we will here how they’re  meeting at Nando’s and buzzing in training! 

On the booing/shouting/abuse being beneficial to players. Actually it’s a bit of misnomer that it’s negative. People are individual and respond very different to behaviours techniques. Negative reinforcement is actually a pretty powerful tool and many people respond in the positive, especially in immediate term, for a variety of reasons some don’t respond well to it. It’s also something that can’t work on its own in isolation in the long term, though generally is by far the quickest and most successful way to change behaviours,

Naismith himself seems to like to motivate players by negative reinforcement by shouting at them and not always the most pleasant things. Our coaching staff regularly indulge in it. 

The truth is fans react to the product on the park. If the players and coaches don’t like the reaction, the easiest way to stop it is to start winning games and playing football. 

The coaching staff as far as I can see don't shout very much at all.

They all stand with a ******* glaikit look on their faces staring at a clipboard.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Washington was isolated for a large part of the game.  Levien is far too defensive minded in my opinion.  It's not a new thing, it's been going on throughout his tenure.  Watch how many players we put forward at set pieces and corners.  If not 2 upfront against Hamilton, then at least provide Washington with some support.  

Levien has has brought many players to the club, how many have been proven goalscorers?

Agree with the Henderson bit, although he's done well in the reserves, he shouldn't have started.

i can't remember the last time we scored more than two goals in a game.

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If you were satisfied with the attack on Saturday then we’ll need to agree to disagree. We have different aspirations for performance 

We had more than enough attacks to win that game. Viewing things like “shots on target” doesn’t actually say much. It’s the choices players took that were wrong. 

We were more than acceptable for the first 45 minutes. We were comfortable and we were a goal up. At the point, you don’t keep attacking, you force the other team to push up, attack you, keep possession, then you pick them off on the counter attack. 

We should have won by 2 or 3 goals but we lost a stupid goal through a defensive error and we lost our composure. 

Top teams are good at this. At Madrid for example will score and then see out the game. That is what we failed to do because our defence was pish, once again. 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That's not really true:

The number of shots City average per Premier League game is 17 – that's one everyfive-and-a-half minutes – and of those shots, the Blues manage just under 7 on target per game.

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We had more than enough attacks to win that game. Viewing things like “shots on target” doesn’t actually say much. It’s the choices players took that were wrong. 

We were more than acceptable for the first 45 minutes. We were comfortable and we were a goal up. At the point, you don’t keep attacking, you force the other team to push up, attack you, keep possession, then you pick them off on the counter attack. 

We should have won by 2 or 3 goals but we lost a stupid goal through a defensive error and we lost our composure. 

Top teams are good at this. At Madrid for example will score and then see out the game. That is what we failed to do because our defence was pish, once again. 

I respect that you were happy going in 1-0 up. I wasn’t. We are incapable of finishing teams off. We score 1 goal then believe that that is enough. Has been the case for 3 years. If our attack functioned properly, we should be going in 2-0 up at half time against the worst team in the division at home

5 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Washington was isolated for a large part of the game.  Levien is far too defensive minded in my opinion.  It's not a new thing, it's been going on throughout his tenure.  Watch how many players we put forward at set pieces and corners.  If not 2 upfront against Hamilton, then at least provide Washington with some support.  

Levien has has brought many players to the club, how many have been proven goalscorers?

Agree with the Henderson bit, although he's done well in the reserves, he shouldn't have started.

i can't remember the last time we scored more than two goals in a game.

Washington likes to play as a lone front man because it means he can work both channels. Hamilton were too deep for him to be affective. That sort of game calls for a targetman or a penalty box striker where we score from a cross or from scraps.

We played with 2 wingers and one attacking midfielder and 2 full backs expected to overlap. That’s 6 attacking players, with 2 centerhalfs, 2 holding midfielders.

You can’t get anymore attacking than that. That is the most players any team anywhere on the planet will commit in attack. 

The problem for us is that when the likes of Hamilton or Ross County come to Tynecastle, they park the bus on the edge of their 18 yard box and the only way that we can score when that happens is from a mistake, a set piece, a cross, or we manage to play through their lines. We did that twice.

Tynecastle is also very narrow and it is very difficult for us to stretch teams other than using an overlapping full back.

In that situation we are not going to score a goal where Hamilton’s defence is pushed 40 yards up the park or near the half way line, where a winger or Washington is going to be able to beat the offside trap and get in behind with their pace. We might however do that against better sides who are willing to take the game to us.

What we lacked v Hamilton was our 3 supporting attackers failing to create opportunities either through poor decision making or through poor passing or deliveries. Mulraney managed to get to the byline multiple times but his final ball was shite. Same with our full backs, all too often their crosses are shite and it’s going to take a brilliant cross for Washington to beat two 6ft hammer throwers to the header.

We lost the game on Saturday because of our defence. It was the same v Aberdeen and the same v Celtic. It would have been the same v Ross County as well had they not missed multiple sitters. Our defence is the problem, 100% our main issue. 

18 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

That's not really true:

The number of shots City average per Premier League game is 17 – that's one everyfive-and-a-half minutes – and of those shots, the Blues manage just under 7 on target per game.

City score lots of goals but they usually have 20 attempts and only a handful on target because when they get a chance, they have the quality to put it away.

But they also keep possession and force the other side to commit bodies, creating space to create and score. They don’t just go gung ho and throw bodies forward.

2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

We've managed 11 shots on target in four league games.

We’ve scored 7 goals in 5 games against SPFL sides. Two of those games being away to Aberdeen and Celtic 

21 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I respect that you were happy going in 1-0 up. I wasn’t. We are incapable of finishing teams off. We score 1 goal then believe that that is enough. Has been the case for 3 years. If our attack functioned properly, we should be going in 2-0 up at half time against the worst team in the division at home

So you wouldn’t be happy if we won every game this season 1-0?

That’s how Killie played under Steve Clarke and he’s been practically the new messiah on here over the past two seasons. 

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ve scored 7 goals in 5 games against SPFL sides. Two of those games being away to Aberdeen and Celtic 

2 of those games against the 2 worst teams in the division at home. We have 2 points. We are joint bottom of the league. We don’t even deserve the 2 points we have.

MarkDevriesScores4
8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So you wouldn’t be happy if we won every game this season 1-0?

That’s how Killie played under Steve Clarke and he’s been practically the new messiah on here over the past two seasons. 

Would be delighted. When will that start? Been waiting 3 years.

our league top scorer has 1 goal. Attack has been as piss poor as the defence. 

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

2 of those games against the 2 worst teams in the division at home. We have 2 points. We are joint bottom of the league. We don’t even deserve the 2 points we have.

There’s another 34 games to play. We’ll not finished joint bottom. 

And 3 of them were against two of the top 4.

Again, it was because of our defence we have only 2 points. 6 of the goals we have conceded have been avoidable. 

We were honking v Ross County. We were more than reasonable first half v Hamilton until our defence handed them a point.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Would be delighted. When will that start? Been waiting 3 years.

our league top scorer has 1 goal. Attack has been as piss poor as the defence. 

You just said you weren’t happy to be only 1 up v Hamilton. 🤔

Only 3 years? , you were probably one of those who wanted Neilson out as well because you weren’t entertained enough. 

I’d also point out we’ve been missing two of our most statistically creative players in Walker and Naismith. 

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Can we get him back playing consistently first?

Not arguing against but he can’t be captain if he ain’t in the pitch. 

Theres a real lack of leadership on the pitch without him that’s for sure. Hoping Whelan will help

Absolutely, don’t disagree with this one bit. If only he was consistently fit on so many levels: leadership, quality, experience, will to win, just to name a few. 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I 100% agree Berra needs dropped

I 100% agree Berra should not be captain

I 100% see captaincy in Naismith as he is a born leader

But we need our captain to play more than 15 games a season.

Agreed. 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You just said you weren’t happy to be only 1 up v Hamilton. 🤔

Only 3 years? , you were probably one of those who wanted Neilson out as well because you weren’t entertained enough. 

I’d also point out we’ve been missing two of our most statistically creative players in Walker and Naismith. 

And you said guaranteed to win every match 1-0, therefore winning the league as invincibles. Why wouldn’t I want that? 

Anyway, back in the real world....

Never wanted Neilson to go and knew it was another mistake by the club.

We can’t rely on Naismith as he’ll do well to claim he’s fit for 15 games this season. He’s magically fully fit for Scotland mind you but I have little doubt he will be “feeling his hamstring” again by the Motherwell game. We have a Romanov era sized squad but seem to rely on the same 1 or 2 players for creativity. Walker has only been missing 2 games so can’t pin our poor results on him missing.

16 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

And you said guaranteed to win every match 1-0, therefore winning the league as invincibles. Why wouldn’t I want that? 

Anyway, back in the real world....

Never wanted Neilson to go and knew it was another mistake by the club.

We can’t rely on Naismith as he’ll do well to claim he’s fit for 15 games this season. He’s magically fully fit for Scotland mind you but I have little doubt he will be “feeling his hamstring” again by the Motherwell game. We have a Romanov era sized squad but seem to rely on the same 1 or 2 players for creativity. Walker has only been missing 2 games so can’t pin our poor results on him missing.

That’s just paranoid. There’s nothing to suggest Naisy is feigning injury.

Either way, Naismith and Walker are our most creative players and we need at least one of them in the side at all times.

Of course we rely on these players, if you took Salah out the Liverpool team, Messi our the Barca team, they wouldn’t be as effective. 

MarkDevriesScores4
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s just paranoid. There’s nothing to suggest Naisy is feigning injury.

Either way, Naismith and Walker are our most creative players and we need at least one of them in the side at all times.

Of course we rely on these players, if you took Salah out the Liverpool team, Messi our the Barca team, they wouldn’t be as effective. 

Im half joking about Naisy. I do find it bizarre that he wasn’t fit enough to start on Saturday but by Monday he’s in full training with the Scotland squad. I also find it bizarre that hearts let him go to play seeing as he hasn’t been fit for hearts in 6 months and if he “feels something in his thigh” he should be at home resting and seeing a physio rather than heading off to play 2 international matches. I find this really frustrating given that hearts quashed young hickey from playing for the U19s as he needs a rest. If Naismith comes back and can’t play against Motherwell, there will be a lot of people asking questions.

Either way, Walker is unlikely to be back playing first team football before November and Naismith will play now and again. That means we can’t rely on either or this season is done already.

I'm not really sure what your point is here Cruyff.  Being poor defensively still sits as a failing of the coaching staff.  Not being able to break down defences is down to the style of football that the current manager has us playing.  Individual errors do happen, but when the same player makes error after error, yet doesn't get dropped, it makes you feel that the manager doesn't trust his replacement.  

Whether it's down to being overly defensive or just being defensively poor, there's one man who must take responsibility.

15 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I'm not really sure what your point is here Cruyff.  Being poor defensively still sits as a failing of the coaching staff.  Not being able to break down defences is down to the style of football that the current manager has us playing.  Individual errors do happen, but when the same player makes error after error, yet doesn't get dropped, it makes you feel that the manager doesn't trust his replacement.  

Whether it's down to being overly defensive or just being defensively poor, there's one man who must take responsibility.

Leveins fault that Dikamona hands Aberdeen the game, Leveins fault Berra and Pereira can’t communicate v Celtic, Leveins fault that Berra or White couldn’t smash the ball into row Z? 

Who can we drop Berra for? Dikamona, I hope not because he’s pish. 

Not about to turn on Naismith, but saying our form isn't good enough is hardly earth shattering.  I'd worked that one out for myself.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Leveins fault that Dikamona hands Aberdeen the game, Leveins fault Berra and Pereira can’t communicate v Celtic, Leveins fault that Berra or White couldn’t smash the ball into row Z? 

Who can we drop Berra for? Dikamona, I hope not because he’s pish. 

Fair play to you CT, you have the most incredible maroon tinted specs. Trying to defend the indefensible is noble if not a little naive. It’s over for CL. Every managers time runs out and his is done. I’d prefer he left with a little dignity but he’s pretty arrogant and stubborn so reckon he’ll force budge into doing something she really doesn’t want to do. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Fair play to you CT, you have the most incredible maroon tinted specs. Trying to defend the indefensible is noble if not a little naive. It’s over for CL. Every managers time runs out and his is done. I’d prefer he left with a little dignity but he’s pretty arrogant and stubborn so reckon he’ll force budge into doing something she really doesn’t want to do. 

How’s that defending CL, it’s a blatant fact! that individual errors have cost us points. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How’s that defending CL, it’s a blatant fact! that individual errors have cost us points. 

I know it’s pointless but I’ll bite. Who buys these players who make these mistakes? Who trains and coaches these players who are making mistakes? Whose responsible for motivating and getting the most out of these players?

You can’t just say “individual errors” as though it explains away our form this year. Big picture, the team is not being coached and managed properly leading to more individual errors.