Jump to content
Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

  1. 1. Should craig Levein....

    • Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely


Recommended Posts

Martin_T

The idea of the director of football role is that head coach is accountable to them for on pitch performance.

 

How could CL go back into that role with any credibility having been removed from the head coach role for underperforming?

 

I think the club needs a change of direction and a change of atmosphere. Both of which can be achieved from the removal of CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole

Can we have a poll to change supporters ?

 

Please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
22 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Puts it into perspective. RIP history revision.

 

 

Doesn't detect from current form, but I agree. 

 

The biggest issue for me is that we struggled v the bottom 6 teams last season at Tynecastle, we are doing it again. 

 

Aberdeen away, unlucky 

Motherwell away- good

Celtic away- standard, frustrating tbh as we gave them the first goal. 

 

Ross county and Hamilton at home - terrible. 

I'd say that the last two home games in terms of performance were worse than the dundee/ hibs/ Killie/livi performances last season as we were out played for large parts! 

 

 

I think he has to go, but hold hope we'll beat Motherwell a d Aberdeen and we'll hit the derby with confidence, hope than expectation now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

 

Good post.

 

This is a new team, still gelling. There were encouraging signs in the first half were Hamilton were being run ragged.

 

For me he's got till Christmas to see how this team develops. And hopefully our injury curse will clear up.

 

 

I was here, but we need wins now. 

 

We need wins, 

Beat Motherwell and Aberdeen things will look more positive. 

 

Don't beat Motherwell and out the lc tho, I see a sacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

I think that result has to be the straw the breaks the camels back. 

 

Its not like County and Hamilton were draws where we dominated and just couldn’t find a way through. In both games, we were lucky not to lose. 

 

We are playing shite football. 

 

We are getting shite results. 

 

It’s time for a change. Even if it’s just MacPhee, Daly and Fox until we can source an appropriate replacement. We simply cannot continue with the current set up (I say in total contradiction to my post earlier in the week!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
20 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

 

 

I think the club needs a change of direction and a change of atmosphere. Both of which can be achieved from the removal of CL.

Exactly.

 

After the Cathro debacle they stuck with Levein, surely they can't afford to make same mistake twice.

 

Change is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

I was here, but we need wins now. 

 

We need wins, 

Beat Motherwell and Aberdeen things will look more positive. 

 

Don't beat Motherwell and out the lc tho, I see a sacking. 

This type of post has been on constant repeat for 2 seasons (10games at start of last season aside), surely enough is enough. He should not be given.more games, even if we do get a result v Motherwell it should not change anything, he has had many (far too many imo) next game or twos.

He has to go, and go completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Can we have a poll to change supporters ?

 

Please. 

Just like posters changing their username.

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boghell51

The longer he stays in charge the less time we have to get ourselves out of the mess on the park we are in, decision should be made to remove him as manager right away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This type of post has been on constant repeat for 2 seasons (10games at start of last season aside), surely enough is enough. He should not be given.more games, even if we do get a result v Motherwell it should not change anything, he has had many (far too many imo) next game or twos.

He has to go, and go completely.

 

It's baffling. How many times will we hear 'good times are just around the corner'.

 

He's got folk absolutely hooked and if we're honest, they'll never change their views. He could lose from now until Christmas and they'll still say 'give him the January transfer window, to get it right. Injuries/individuals/refs (insert excuse) have been all that have stopped us'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This type of post has been on constant repeat for 2 seasons (10games at start of last season aside), surely enough is enough. He should not be given.more games, even if we do get a result v Motherwell it should not change anything, he has had many (far too many imo) next game or twos.

He has to go, and go completely.

 

I get that. 

 

But I'm keeping it in context with this season, tho. 

He wasn't sacked for last season, that is a fact. So I have always went with that in mind.

 

However no wins in 5 (3 at home v bottom 6)and out the lc  added to the dodgy lc group would be sacking territory based on this season alone imo. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

2 week break as good a time as any to punt him.

 

Sick of his I can fix this pish. Enough is enough. He doesnt seen answerable in the slightest. Time for Ann to show her leadership qualities and wield the axe, as she should have done when we collapsed at livvy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemasekJambo

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread but if he does go as Head Coach, I don't want him to still be DoF either. I wouldn't be against him staying somewhere in the academy structure but having nothing to do with the first team. I would vote for that option, if it was available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake

48 ?

Theres 48 posters who want absolutely no change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

I get that. 

 

But I'm keeping it in context with this season, tho. 

He wasn't sacked for last season, that is a fact. So I have always went with that in mind.

 

However no wins in 5 (3 at home v bottom 6)and out the lc  added to the dodgy lc group would be sacking territory based on this season alone imo. 

 

 

 

 

Not being sacked for it doesn’t mean last seasons form can be wiped when building a case against, though.

 

There has been very little, if any improvement in our league form for 10 months.

 

Given our form last season, the way this season has started makes matters worse, imo. He knew what was at stake. He knew the spotlight was on.

 

To have started this season in such a manner is indefensible, to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorillajam
56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Doesn't detect from current form, but I agree. 

 

The biggest issue for me is that we struggled v the bottom 6 teams last season at Tynecastle, we are doing it again. 

 

Aberdeen away, unlucky 

Motherwell away- good

Celtic away- standard, frustrating tbh as we gave them the first goal. 

 

Ross county and Hamilton at home - terrible. 

I'd say that the last two home games in terms of performance were worse than the dundee/ hibs/ Killie/livi performances last season as we were out played for large parts! 

 

 

I think he has to go, but hold hope we'll beat Motherwell a d Aberdeen and we'll hit the derby with confidence, hope than expectation now. 

 

 

What people fail to realize is that Aberdeen were missing players that day and had only played a few days prior. We should have at least drawn. They were there for the taking. I think we'll beat Motherwell and smash Aberdeen in the cup though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LarrysRightFoot

859 votes so far and 93.83% want Levein to be (at least) removed as Head Coach.

 

Yes JKB cannot speak for the support as a whole but as a snap shot it’s clear he has completely lost the fans. 

 

Unless we we somehow go on a 10 match winning run and play like Brazil 1970 I cannot see how he can continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
4 minutes ago, jake said:

48 ?

Theres 48 posters who want absolutely no change.

 

 

I think some have made a mistake in their voting choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plank

Director of the youth academy should have been made an option. Thats what i'd have went for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plank
Just now, frankblack said:

 

I think some have made a mistake in their voting choice.

 

You can always get it right next time, mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
3 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

 

What people fail to realize is that Aberdeen were missing players that day and had only played a few days prior. We should have at least drawn. They were there for the taking. I think we'll beat Motherwell and smash Aberdeen in the cup though.

 

 

Aberdeen away is a difficult fixture. 

Our record like there's at Tynecastle isn't good. Not many teams will win there. 

 

What it did show tho, was our brittleness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamorgan Jambo

I voted for Levein to stay as Head Coach and DOF. Before I get pelters I'm as disappointed with performances this calendar year and have sat through a handful of them (most recently Stenhousemuir). 

 

I do believe that Ann sees there is a problem and will be doing something about the football dept but I think there are two things causing her to wait. 

 

The first is her experience of interviewing the likes of Billy Davies for the head coaches job a couple of years ago. Many candidates like him will want to tear up the entire structure, bring in their own coaches and players and inevitably release some of the players we have. This would be nonsensical IMO and detrimental to the future of the club. So I don't see her immediately removing Levein totally from his position of coach and DOF. 

 

The second issue is that Levein is both the coach and DOF and the current responsibility of the DOF is the selection and management of the head coach.

 

So I guess she'll be contemplating replacing Levein as head coach and making changes to the overall structure. Most likely we'll see some changes to the first team coaching with the head coach being full time on the first team and the DOF no longer having line responsibility for the first team. A structure like Southampton had for many years with a guy called Les Reed as football director. 

 

So if she makes a change I would see it as more evolution than revolution with someone currently available (eg Neil McCann or Gary Naysmith) taking over as head coach for the rest of the season and Craig going back to a modified DOF role. Possibly during the current international break but more likely at the next one. 

 

I doubt Levein will still be at the club at the start of next season. Expect a new DOF then. McPhee would be a good candidate but I suspect he's more interested in coaching at this stage of his career. 

Edited by Glamorgan Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Aberdeen away is a difficult fixture. 

Our record like there's at Tynecastle isn't good. Not many teams will win there. 

 

What it did show tho, was our brittleness. 

We didn’t even turn up first half though. The performance was diabolical, and followed on from much of the same in the LC.

 

Motherwell away was the one glimmer of hope we’ve had this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
Just now, amadjambo said:

We didn’t even turn up first half though. The performance was diabolical, and followed on from much of the same in the LC.

 

Motherwell away was the one glimmer of hope we’ve had this season.

 

Aberdeen weren't much better, even if they were at all, tho. 

 

The rc and Hamilton games are the concerning ones imo. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
40 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I voted for Levein to stay as Head Coach and DOF. Before I get pelters I'm as disappointed with performances this calendar year and have sat through a handful of them (most recently Stenhousemuir). 

 

I do believe that Ann sees there is a problem and will be doing something about the football dept but I think there are two things causing her to wait. 

 

The first is her experience of interviewing the likes of Billy Davies for the head coaches job a couple of years ago. Many candidates like him will want to tear up the entire structure, bring in their own coaches and players and inevitably release some of the players we have. This would be nonsensical IMO and detrimental to the future of the club. So I don't see her immediately removing Levein totally from his position of coach and DOF. 

 

The second issue is that Levein is both the coach and DOF and the current responsibility of the DOF is the selection and management of the head coach.

 

So I guess she'll be contemplating replacing Levein as head coach and making changes to the overall structure. Most likely we'll see some changes to the first team coaching with the head coach being full time on the first team and the DOF no longer having line responsibility for the first team. A structure like Southampton had for many years with a guy called Les Reed as football director. 

 

So if she makes a change I would see it as more evolution than revolution with someone currently available (eg Neil McCann or Gary Naysmith) taking over as head coach for the rest of the season and Craig going back to a modified DOF role. Possibly during the current international break but more likely at the next one. 

 

I doubt Levein will still be at the club at the start of next season. Expect a new DOF then. McPhee would be a good candidate but I suspect he's more interested in coaching at this stage of his career. 

 

 

Yip, she'll only make a change when a plan is in place. 

 

The same folk that wanted Robbie gone then  wanted Cathro gone and have been wanting CL gone for a long time. 

 

Change isn't always for the better. 

 

When we do change we need to make sure it has the best chance of success. 

 

Many fans don't think this way. 

 

The replacements being out forward last year to replace CL proves this, Mcann, Hartley, Johnstone, Archibald, Ross, Robbo etc even Wright have been sacked, been very average or underperformed in the extreme. 

 

Any change, if it happens must be planned. 

 

For too many years we've just bounced about with different managers and went backwards or found ourselves worse off. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole
7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

We didn’t even turn up first half though. The performance was diabolical, and followed on from much of the same in the LC.

 

Motherwell away was the one glimmer of hope we’ve had this season.

Didn't watch the game then.

 

No.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

 

You must work at the academy, you seem to extremely knowledgeable about our training and recovery methods.

Oh I work at an academy all right how observant of you. I take it from your username you’re from Perugia so stai zitto porco dio🤫.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Can we have a poll to change supporters ?

 

Please. 

 

If only 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

859 votes so far and 93.83% want Levein to be (at least) removed as Head Coach.

 

Yes JKB cannot speak for the support as a whole but as a snap shot it’s clear he has completely lost the fans. 

 

Unless we we somehow go on a 10 match winning run and play like Brazil 1970 I cannot see how he can continue.

 

Sadly not even that would please our ‘support’. It would be the last thing some on here would want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

 

Sadly not even that would please our ‘support’. It would be the last thing some on here would want. 


what does ‘support’ mean.. we are on one of the longest garbage runs in our history.. genuine relegation form.. what are you expecting? 
 

We have a lazy, disinterested, un motivated squad of talented players? You think people will just keep paying and accept below mediocrity for ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jumpship

Win against Motherwell to get us moving in the right direction. 

 

Win against h1b5 is always a big plus and continued move up the table.

 

Win against Aberdeen puts us in to the last 4 and still in the hunt for silverware.  

 

Defeat against hibs and Aberdeen. He has to leave. 

 

3 games... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jumpship said:

Win against Motherwell to get us moving in the right direction. 

 

Win against h1b5 is always a big plus and continued move up the table.

 

Win against Aberdeen puts us in to the last 4 and still in the hunt for silverware.  

 

Defeat against hibs and Aberdeen. He has to leave. 

 

3 games... 

 

no chance becuase we don’t do the basic things well.. 

 

like run, or move. 
 

id guess we run the least of any team in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Win against Motherwell to get us moving in the right direction. 

 

Win against h1b5 is always a big plus and continued move up the table.

 

Win against Aberdeen puts us in to the last 4 and still in the hunt for silverware.  

 

Defeat against hibs and Aberdeen. He has to leave. 

 

3 games... 

Jam tomorrow. Change needed immediately after international break to avert threat of relegation which would be cataclysmic. That’s not melodramatic, we’re 11th in the league with relegation form and a part time manager that could sell ice to eskimos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
1 hour ago, jake said:

48 ?

Theres 48 posters who want absolutely no change.

 

No, there are 48 Hibs fans who want no change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
Just now, 1874robbo said:

No, there are 48 Hibs fans who want no change.


 Correct.. quite a lot of them with virtually 0 history. I remember a public cathro poll flushing out dozens of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Aberdeen weren't much better, even if they were at all, tho. 

 

The rc and Hamilton games are the concerning ones imo. 

 

 

Who cares about how Aberdeen performed?

 

WE were very poor overall. WE had a 15/20 minute spell that was good against a team by your own admission weren’t very good.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:


 Correct.. quite a lot of them with virtually 0 history. I remember a public cathro poll flushing out dozens of them

The only people I know in the world outside of the internet that want Levein to remain are Hibs fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
24 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

 

Sadly not even that would please our ‘support’. It would be the last thing some on here would want. 

I think we have quite a tolerant support.

in other countries and including this one he’d have been hounded out and punted long ago!!!

our fans are soft as shite imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980

From a personal point of view I'd happily see him remain in the role upstairs and simply vacate the head coach role. 

 

But I think the first bump in the road will immediately see fingers pointed at Levein in whatever role he is playing, from a large portion of our support.

 

I think it would be the best thing to call time on it and have a fresh start.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
Just now, 1874robbo said:

No, there are 48 Hibs fans who want no change.


 Correct.. quite a lot of them with virtually 0 history. I remember a public cathro poll flushing out dozens of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think we have quite a tolerant support.

in other countries and including this one he’d have been hounded out and punted long ago!!!

our fans are soft as shite imo.

We did sweet FA with Romanov for years tbh until the last second so it’s no surprise tbh. I guess it’s a good thing though, perhaps we need to learn a lesson from Romanov era to be much more assertive when things are blatantly not working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

From a personal point of view I'd happily see him remain in the role upstairs and simply vacate the head coach role. 

 

But I think the first bump in the road will immediately see fingers pointed at Levein in whatever role he is playing, from a large portion of our support.

 

I think it would be the best thing to call time on it and have a fresh start.

 

 

No manager worth their salt will work under Levein imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

We did sweet FA with Romanov for years tbh until the last second so it’s no surprise tbh. I guess it’s a good thing though, perhaps we need to learn a lesson from Romanov era to be much more assertive when things are blatantly not working. 

I agree with all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davie1980
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No manager worth their salt will work under Levein imo.

 

I think Austin would.

I'd like to see him given a run as gaffer.

 

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with Levein doing the role as DoF or whatever it was called. He's played a huge part in the rebuilding of the club and could continue to contribute.

 

But I'm also a realist and know that it just isn't going to go down well from the stands and it's always going to be a cause of animosity when things aren't going well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, davie1980 said:

 

I think Austin would.

I'd like to see him given a run as gaffer.

 

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with Levein doing the role as DoF or whatever it was called. He's played a huge part in the rebuilding of the club and could continue to contribute.

 

But I'm also a realist and know that it just isn't going to go down well from the stands and it's always going to be a cause of animosity when things aren't going well. 

 

He’s no experience and we’ve been rubbish most of the time he’s been involved with the club. A wholesale clear out of the coaches is needed and let a new manager pick his team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

 

I think Austin would.

I'd like to see him given a run as gaffer.

 

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with Levein doing the role as DoF or whatever it was called. He's played a huge part in the rebuilding of the club and could continue to contribute.

 

But I'm also a realist and know that it just isn't going to go down well from the stands and it's always going to be a cause of animosity when things aren't going well. 

 

I don’t think Austin is ready for a job the size of hearts, remember he’s been complicit in this poor run also.

we need a clean break from all Levein and his staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

 

I think Austin would.

I'd like to see him given a run as gaffer.

 

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with Levein doing the role as DoF or whatever it was called. He's played a huge part in the rebuilding of the club and could continue to contribute.

 

But I'm also a realist and know that it just isn't going to go down well from the stands and it's always going to be a cause of animosity when things aren't going well. 

 

Austin in charge of the team with Levein upstairs would be pretty much what we have now. Clear out required. No more jobs for the boys. Get a proper manager in and let him pick his backroom team.

 

There will be a queue of applicants a lot better than most names suggested on here. Club has a massive squad full of internationalists, good infrastructure and in the black thanks to fan backing. We won’t be short of applicants.

 

cant see it happening unfortunately and the usual circus will continue with the lazy apathy of our board and some of the spineless fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think we have quite a tolerant support.

in other countries and including this one he’d have been hounded out and punted long ago!!!

our fans are soft as shite imo.

 

Tolerant :lol:

 

Wouldn’t tolerate being 2nd in the league, wasn’t good enough. Self entitled more like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


what does ‘support’ mean.. we are on one of the longest garbage runs in our history.. genuine relegation form.. what are you expecting? 
 

We have a lazy, disinterested, un motivated squad of talented players? You think people will just keep paying and accept below mediocrity for ever?

 

‘Support’ who would rather let their voices be heard at a pathetic protest rather than using said voices to get behind the ****ing team for once instead of sitting in silence or getting on the players backs. It might just help the team - shock! The difference in today’s breed of support at Tynecastle compared to years ago is staggering. 

 

 

Edited by It should have been ten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

 

Tolerant :lol:

 

Wouldn’t tolerate being 2nd in the league, wasn’t good enough. Self entitled more like. 

Tolerant that we’ve put up with this turgid football for too long now.

answer this, when was the last time you left a game at Tynecastle genuinely happy with what you’d just watched?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...