Milinkovic Free to Leave Hull CIty

Killinman

I liked Milinkovic. He has an element of chaos factor about him, as in he is willing to do/try the unexpected. We badly missed someone like that last season. We have so many players who can’t think outside the box and just want to play safe sideways passes all day.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• mitch41

• redjambo

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Where is Naismith playing then?

No.10. Walker, bench . 🤷‍♂️ 2 players for each position. 

5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I liked Milinkovic. He has an element of chaos factor about him, as in he is willing to do/try the unexpected. We badly missed someone like that last season. We have so many players who can’t think outside the box and just want to play safe sideways passes all day.

Very good point.

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Jesus wept.

Milinkovic was ok, nothing more, when he could be arsed.

No thanks

Madness. Not sure what player you were watching, because you have not just described Milinkovic there. What do you mean “when he could be bothered”? 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No.10. Walker, bench . 🤷‍♂️ 2 players for each position. 

This.

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Would help if you could actually spell his name before having yet another tedious dig at our manager

I think you will find I did spell it correctly. You obviously don't understand sarcasm. The only tedious thing I can think about at the moment is the style of football and repetitive comments or rather excuses of our manager.

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

I liked his energy but it was all over the place, he had skill but no game awareness, he would get stuck in but be wildly out of position, would often see Austin going batshit mental on the touchline trying to get him back into position. 

He is the typical rough diamond, just needs too much work 

Why did we offer him a new contract then? 🤔

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why did we offer him a new contract then? 🤔

We offered him a contract on what we thought he was worth, he thought he was worth more, the work needed to instill some tactical disciine is not worth what he would demand 

The Future's Maroon

I heard we were made aware of this two weeks ago but nothing materialised in that time, so doubt anything will happen.

(Notts can you confirm this)

Anyone not wanting to sign him surely can’t be watching the current side.

He chipped in with some decent goals and assists during his time with us and I thought he was gradually getting a lot better the more game time he was given. 

We aren’t exactly loaded with quality....

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

We offered him a contract on what we thought he was worth, he thought he was worth more, the work needed to instill some tactical disciine is not worth what he would demand 

His “tactical discipline” was murder the day he destroyed Celtic right enough!

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Would much rather give McDonald game time. 

Also short sleeves and gloves. Nah. 

Could have been naff but is iconic thanks to that one game. 

Heart-of-Midlothian-v-Celtic-Ladbrokes-S

There are times when I wonder if people actually understand what they are seeing through their own eyes. 😄

Hectormasson
7 hours ago, londonjambo said:

Why do people only ever want us to sign players who have played for us in the past. Doesn't even matter whether they were any good. Its a very odd phenomenon. 

Still, LAVINE OOT

Hear,hear 👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There are times when I wonder if people actually understand what they are seeing through their own eyes. 😄

I can answer that one for you. No they don't. There's too much opinion and preconceptions twirling about in people's minds to allow people to actually process the signals from their eyes. :) I would love to see Skinny back here. He has a bit something extra which we need.

Dallas Green
7 hours ago, Killinman said:

I think you will find I did spell it correctly. You obviously don't understand sarcasm. The only tedious thing I can think about at the moment is the style of football and repetitive comments or rather excuses of our manager.

Nah I think you will find you are just an idiot who didn't realise CL brought him to the club and then tried to get him to stay but he left for  bigger money. Don't let that get in the way of a dig at the manager though.

No Thanks 

He was orite in a very poor Hearts side at the time 

Had a deal in place with us. Thought he was better than that. Came back to bite him in the ass. Made his bed now he can lie in it 

We have enough staff and players thanks.

I liked Skinny but enough is enough with employment. We will soon have more paid personnel than paying punters.

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

His “tactical discipline” was murder the day he destroyed Celtic right enough!

That was one perfect game from the whole team, we can't judge a player on their one stand out performance, Austin mccann scored a screamer v celtic but was murder. 

Nade, Oboua, Gary Glen and Wayne Foster all scored against Hibs but were otherwise poor 

He’ll doubtful be a starter every week so would likely throw the toys out of the pram and sulk all over again on social media with random quotes of “god believes in me” etc etc

I liked him but think it best we all move on

To me was just frustrating. Great one minute and shocking the next. Gave ball away for to cheaply and was a bit of a headless chicken. 

The young Japanese lad is or new attacker anyway .

15 hours ago, londonjambo said:

Why do people only ever want us to sign players who have played for us in the past. Doesn't even matter whether they were any good. Its a very odd phenomenon. 

Still, LAVINE OOT

This lad I would welcome back he was an excellent player 

35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A player that gets you off yer seat? Naw, feck that!

You mean you don't stand up to boo?

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

You mean you don't stand up to boo?

Only boo Celtic/Rangers/Hibs etc... I've never booed anybody Hearts.

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Killinman said:

No more tedious than the repetitive digs at our manager, regardless of what the topic is actually about

11 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

A bit meh about the prospect of a return. Decent on his day but how the hell could he not get in a shit side like hull?

I'm a bit "meh" about any signing these days. Vast majority usually end up being a let down. I would've taken a chance on Milinky but we've signed enough players now. The only players coming in now should be replacing leavers, and there's plenty to choose from. Can think of about six players that should be leaving, then when space is available, Milinky could be a possibility.

been here before
59 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I liked Skinny but enough is enough with employment. We will soon have more paid personnel than paying punters.

Well you're neither so its not worth you fretting your pretty little knickers about.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Only boo Celtic/Rangers/Hibs etc... I've never booed anybody Hearts.

No?? Jesus man you're doing it wrong. Im going to boo doubly loud just to make up for you then. Ill probably wait till that new Japanese boy makes his first mistake then round on him before writing him off.

Booooooo.....

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

No Thanks 

He was orite in a very poor Hearts side at the time 

Had a deal in place with us. Thought he was better than that. Came back to bite him in the ass. Made his bed now he can lie in it 

How did he think he was better? Getting offered more money by Hull and taking it is hardly thinking your better than us. I’d imagine most folk on here slagging him off for choosing hull over us would have done exactly the same thing in his situation. 

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

That was one perfect game from the whole team, we can't judge a player on their one stand out performance, Austin mccann scored a screamer v celtic but was murder. 

Nade, Oboua, Gary Glen and Wayne Foster all scored against Hibs but were otherwise poor 

You mention players scoring one goal - Milinkovic was outstanding for 90 minutes in the Celtic game.

He was also outstanding at Hamilton in a 3-0 win I remember.

I liked Milinkovic - it's been touched on already but he had that ability to be unpredictable although I don't think he meant it. There were times where he'd intercept passes or get a tackle in on a defender because no one expected him to be there. There were also times where he could've done with a footballing brain... against Motherwell he had the opportunity to take it into the corner when we were 1-0 up but he tried to score and they went up the other end and got an equaliser with the last kick of the game. 

His first touch in his first game with us against aberdeen at Murrayfield was enough to tell me this guy can play football. Sometimes  you need to manage personalities in your team and accept some people are a bit rough around the edges, we cant all be squeaky clean

I'd have him back anytime

No thanks. 

He was a bright spark in a poor Heart's team but if brought in would be competing with the likes of Naismith, Walker, Mulraney, Moshito, Washington, McDonald etc. He is also horribly inconsistent and has the ability to give the ball away cheaply - a characteristic too many of this Hearts team have already. 

Also has a bit of a Vanececk effect with the support due to his social media stuff when he was here. If he wasnt doing that he wouldn't be remembered as fondly with some I imagine. 

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Well said.

Throw in the window cleaning costs and we'll be lucky to stay afloat until the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I thought Milinkovic got better the more games he played. 

He certainly improved more than Clare has.

Probably played less games than Clare.

2 hours ago, Sagan said:

I thought Milinkovic got better the more games he played. 

He certainly improved more than Clare has.

Milinkovic is talented and did improve with us and the thing i liked about him was he always wanted the ball and could keep possession until he passed it on or crossed it. I think a lot to do with him getting better was he was getting fitter the more he played.

18 hours ago, Bozi said:

Hull obviously thought he was worth more too.