• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• mitch41

• redjambo

• 1 month later...

Seems to have been bombed right out at Hull. Judging by his Instagram it looks as though he may even be back home in France. Can't see that he's been in a Hull squad for a while.

41 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Seems to have been bombed right out at Hull. Judging by his Instagram it looks as though he may even be back home in France. Can't see that he's been in a Hull squad for a while.

It was written on the cards as soon as he signed. At least he made a wedge, eh? I don't understand (most) football players - if I were good enough to play professional football, I would play at the highest level I could where I could be playing every week, or at least almost every week. Stuff the money.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It was written on the cards as soon as he signed. At least he made a wedge, eh? I don't understand (most) football players - if I were good enough to play professional football, I would play at the highest level I could where I could be playing every week, or at least almost every week. Stuff the money.

Retiring at what, 34 ish. Nah mate if you get 1 chance to earn a wedge you'd jump at it surely?

Still time for him to find his level.

He was loved at Hearts, would love him back but cant see it.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Easy to say, but if someone offers you 10x the money you're on to do the same job you'd be very tempted, even if it meant you didn't get "job satisfaction".

To a lot of players it is just a job and the club they play for are just an employer.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Retiring at what, 34 ish. Nah mate if you get 1 chance to earn a wedge you'd jump at it surely?

Still time for him to find his level.

He was loved at Hearts, would love him back but cant see it.

There's still life after 34, and professional footballers, even at lower levels, earn a reasonable wage. It's not as if he would be out in the streets, destitute.

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Suppose he thought he would be able to make an impact there and be a regular - as well as collecting his wedge. Reality is though he is nowhere near good enough. Someone may correct me, but I don't think he has even started a league game for them since signing.

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

But he was a top player we were told, just another totally inconsistent player we had on our books

Yeah. People seem to judge him on 'that' performance v Celtic but he played many games in which he was rank rotten.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Easy to say, but if someone offers you 10x the money you're on to do the same job you'd be very tempted, even if it meant you didn't get "job satisfaction".

To a lot of players it is just a job and the club they play for are just an employer.

Ok, I understand why they do it, but I don't agree.

You see, when Skinny is an old man in his rocking chair reflecting on his past, it will be the memories of him haring up the field at Tynie with the crowd buzzing, or scoring those goals in the 4-0 demolition of Celtic that will fill his head, not the fact he has a very comfortable bank account.

29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ok, I understand why they do it, but I don't agree.

You see, when Skinny is an old man in his rocking chair reflecting on his past, it will be the memories of him haring up the field at Tynie with the crowd buzzing, or scoring those goals in the 4-0 demolition of Celtic that will fill his head, not the fact he has a very comfortable bank account.

Memories don’t pay the bills though. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You only need a certain wage to pay the bills though. It's not as if he had been on the breadline as a professional footballer before he headed south.

Coincidentally, I watched the 4-0 game against celtic last night. What a day that was 😁. Skinny was fab - but then again, so was the whole team 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You only need a certain wage to pay the bills though. It's not as if he had been on the breadline as a professional footballer before he headed south.

No, but it’s a short career with which to fund your retirement. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I'm not going to belabour the point (you'll be glad to know) but you're not on the scrapheap after you "retire" as a professional footballer. You can still have 30-35 years of work ahead of you if you so choose. Anyway, I'm off to help fund my bills. Have a good day, Dave. :)

On 28/08/2019 at 16:36, larbert_jambo said:

Ban for the first person to call him Skinny again...

Given our injuries I'd take Skinny back again, inconsistent but he had the ability to change a game in our favour. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not going to belabour the point (you'll be glad to know) but you're not on the scrapheap after you "retire" as a professional footballer. You can still have 30-35 years of work ahead of you if you so choose. Anyway, I'm off to help fund my bills. Have a good day, Dave. :)

👍😎

Better than any other winger we currently have at the club and given that we took 3 or 4 months to coach him how to defend before he got to play last time, he would know exactly what was expected of him.

Do we need a winger though ? Scrap for throw ins around the 18 yard box and get the very talented Ollie Bozanic to throw it into the box, far more enjoyable to watch.

Edited by Paul Shark

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Who the fick would choose that? 😂

Bazzas right boot

Guy was ok. 

Fast and direct, gave his all. 

His decision making was very poor tho, really undermined his whole game imo. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Spot on 👍

SuperstarSteve

Guy was loved purely because he said **** the hibs in one video. Then he lapped up the legendary status as fans claimed “he gets us”. What BS that was.

Saying that on ability alone i’d take  him. 

Sadly his attitude, inconsistency and everything else that comes along with him. No thanks. 

Only managed 6 games in the Championship last season, all as substitute, with an average of 9.5 min a game. This season he had one start in the Cup game in August against Tranmere where he scored in the 6 min.  Lasted 60 min in that game.  

Blew hot and cold.  I only saw the cold.  As Levein knows the player it is not a risk decision but come January both Walker & Morrison will join Delaney as the wide men in the squad.  Assuming no more injuries. 

Edited by Tasavallan

On 28/08/2019 at 16:13, londonjambo said:

Why do people only ever want us to sign players who have played for us in the past. Doesn't even matter whether they were any good. Its a very odd phenomenon. 

Still, LAVINE OOT

Well it should be obvious why people want us to sign past players... ok let me help you.

Fans have seen them play in the flesh. Fans liked what they done in there past stint. Time has immortalised that dramatic winning goal and wiped out the poor or boring displays. Unfortunately we dont have that connection with the other 99% of players we are unlikely to know or had heard of.

Anyway a player who was at a bigger club than us. Moved for a significant fee to a bigger club than us. And a player that would go straight into this team.

It's a yes from me.

11 minutes ago, Phage said:

Well it should be obvious why people want us to sign past players... ok let me help you.

Fans have seen them play in the flesh. Fans liked what they done in there past stint. Time has immortalised that dramatic winning goal and wiped out the poor or boring displays. Unfortunately we dont have that connection with the other 99% of players we are unlikely to know or had heard of.

Anyway a player who was at a bigger club than us. Moved for a significant fee to a bigger club than us. And a player that would go straight into this team.

It's a yes from me.

Damn it, that had been confusing me since 28 August at 16.13 so I am glad you cleared it up for me.

By the way *whispers* ... I knew why they do really. It was a rhetorical question asked to make a point. 

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Only managed 6 games in the Championship last season, all as substitute, with an average of 9.5 min a game. This season he had one start in the Cup game in August against Tranmere where he scored in the 6 min.  Lasted 60 min in that game.  

Blew hot and cold.  I only saw the cold.  As Levein knows the player it is not a risk decision but come January both Walker & Morrison will join Delaney as the wide men in the squad.  Assuming no more injuries. 

Delaney? You know something??!! ITK?

16 minutes ago, Phage said:

It's a yes from me.

👍🇱🇻🙏

22 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I'd love to have him back but it wont happen while Levein is in charge.

He will not come back. 

His hammies are precious to him. 

27 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Delaney? You know something??!! ITK?

Yes.  I do not know my Erse from my Elba.

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Would have agreed when I was in my twenties, but now I've passed footballers retirement age, I'd have chosen the money. Not a long career and you ain't retiring on 1k or less a week!

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, redjambo said:

There's still life after 34, and professional footballers, even at lower levels, earn a reasonable wage. It's not as if he would be out in the streets, destitute.

Not destitute but bigger wages tend to bring more expensive lifestyles. Its all relative,  I'd still take a big payday if offered.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That high press that leads to his goal against Aberdeen 😁🇱🇻😍

Also that lack of anything remotely resembling awareness or teamwork from Lafferty that (luckily) led to the goal v Aberdeen!

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Also that lack of anything remotely resembling awareness or teamwork from Lafferty that (luckily) led to the goal v Aberdeen!

Have to be in the right position to get the chance that presented itself in the first place. Which is a quality within itself that alot of players don't have just ask John Robertson or Shearer 😉

🐑skelping at its best yasssss!  🇱🇻🇱🇻😀

tenor (2).gif

Think people forget we had a honking team when Dave was here. No convinced he would be any good to us in a fully fit squad. Bang average. Runs at players and does step overs  thats it and he wasnt very good at it. Had a couple of decent games  

I'd take him on a year deal 

SomethingAboutObua

I think before people weigh up if he’s good enough to bring back they have to look at if on a personal level if Levein would want back. (I’d probably take him back if his wage was very easy to fit in to our budget) 

The guy’s known for holding grudges and i think Hearts went to quite a lot of effort to negotiate with Genoa before Milinkovic actually put forward his wage/contract demands. If I remember the deal was very quickly dead after he put forward his wage request? So he must have been asking for an amount that shocked Hearts.

I just don't think Levein would be interested and I could in understand why he’d want to  look at other individuals over him. Although I would like to see some more depth in our wide players.   

Why not offer Milinkovic training facilities and digs with the chance of a nice wee contract till the end of the season if he can prove he has what it takes. Never hold a grudge against a player who has left your club to try and improve his career or bank balance.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Why not offer Milinkovic training facilities and digs with the chance of a nice wee contract till the end of the season if he can prove he has what it takes. Never hold a grudge against a player who has left your club to try and improve his career or bank balance.

It was the way he done it Mitch, tried to hold us ransom money wise after declaring how much he loved us

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

For the last time, they don’t want him back! Jesus....