• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• mitch41

• redjambo

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Imagine old Slavers MacKay if we add another player to the squad!

😂😂😂

Just watched his Hearts highlights reel and to be fair, I totally forgot that he laid on a good few assists too. Squad and wage wise I imagine that spot was filled by Walker re-signing. 

Bazzas right boot

We already have too many players on the books. 

We should be building a wall around Tynecastle to keep players out, not welcoming them in. 

Signing him would financially ruin us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

I would like to see him back.......think management were not happy with his end product though, plenty of work rate but no end product

Work on that, and get him back.....

52 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-won-the-race-to-sign-steven-naismith-ahead-of-rangers-1-4991813/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I may of course be interpreting this in my own cynical way, but it seems odd that he would even speak to Rangers when it was a ‘done deal’ in his own words.

He was actually talking about when he first came on loan initially. 

Not like the evening news to make a hash of it eh!

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-won-the-race-to-sign-steven-naismith-ahead-of-rangers-1-4991813/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I may of course be interpreting this in my own cynical way, but it seems odd that he would even speak to Rangers when it was a ‘done deal’ in his own words.

That relates to Steven talking to Rangers before he came to Hearts the first time. Not more recently when it was Hearts or America as Jambogemz says above. 

Edited by Mikey1874

12 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

Just watched his Hearts highlights reel and to be fair, I totally forgot that he laid on a good few assists too. Squad and wage wise I imagine that spot was filled by Walker re-signing. 

His stats were very good. Pre assists too I.e. setting up goal scoring opportunities. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That relates to Steven talking to Rangers before he came to Hearts the first time. Not more recently when it was Hearts or America as Jambogemz says above. 

EEN dating it yesterday. 

Absolute pricks. 

Brighton Jambo

He’s simply not very good.  Why does this keep coming up.  He had maybe two good games for us in his loan spell and wasn’t even the best player in a rank rotten team. This would be going backwards.  

Better than Mulraney, Moore and Morrison ? 

Fitter than Walker? 

More attacking threat than Clare ?

No brainer really but we would need to move some on to make space.

If wasn't very good he wouldn't have got a move to Hull. Unlike us, Hull have much greater resources, so even their 'punts' are well researched. 

I'd 100% take him back, even on loan. He has the sort of impact we need in games. Especially with Walker out and Naismiths fitness up in the air.

Not really much point in signing him again. Remember last time Levein was always reluctant to play him, particularly away from home so he'd just be a drain on wages if he returned. He was also a little bit too creative in a free spirit kind of way, making up his own mind to do what he wants on the pitch, switching sides, getting forward and not noticing team mates to pass to. That's great if you have that belief, which he did, but there were a few occasions I watched the coaches shouting and bawling at him because he dared to get stuck in and float about anywhere on the pitch. Nothing wrong with his workrate to be fair, likes to get stuck in and go against the grain.

1 hour ago, larbert_jambo said:

Ban for the first person to call him Skinny again...

Get the fat fooker in

if his nut is screwed on right he is worth it

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

One great game against Celtic, one fantastic half at Motherwell, precious little else. People making a case for him coming back are essentially making the same argument that was made for Lafferty (looking at footballing reasons only). A definite no on both counts from me. 

Spot on 

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thank god.  EEN nailing it as usual 🤔.

portobellojambo1

He just didn't do it for me during his first spell here, and I'd prefer us to be looking elsewhere if the requirement is to bring in a wide player. I've watched Hull on TV a few times and while he didn't do it at Tynecastle in my opinion I think he has been even less successful down there. Lets not create a situation where we bring back someone for no other reason than he may be available, the main reason for anyone coming in should be that he will make us better and in this case I don't think that applies (and I say that while accepting we've not been good out wide recently).

Edited by portobellojambo1

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would take him back but suspect Meshino has the space. 

Sometimes the European players don't fancy our League but Milinkovic did and performed against the better sides. 

Probably a safer bet than the Japanese player. 

Time will tell 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

His stats were very good. Pre assists too I.e. setting up goal scoring opportunities. 

His stats were worse than Olly Lee's. 

Just a thought. 

9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There was a time for this... after we signed Jamie Walker was not it. 🙄

Just to be clear Mothy, given the choice I would have taken him ahead of Walker, despite my comments earlier in this thread. I am still mystified about where Walker will play for us. 

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Just to be clear Mothy, given the choice I would have taken him ahead of Walker, despite my comments earlier in this thread. I am still mystified about where Walker will play for us. 

Glad you brought it up. His Da’s mates and all the UJ waving idiots in our support would have me hung drawn and quartered for pointing out Milinkovic is a vastly superior player. 

Want it to borrow my tin-hat? 😬

I would take him and with Lee possibly moving out that shouldn't have any marked difference on the budget although I'm maybe overthinking when I say that

He is free to leave does not necessarily mean that he can leave for free.

Edited by JamboAl

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Walker will play behind Washington in the no.10 role. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Never thought he was that good.  Flattered to deceive.  Always looked as though he was about to do something …….then didn't.

Must just be me...……….

And me 👍

46 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He just didn't do it for me during his first spell here, and I'd prefer us to be looking elsewhere if the requirement is to bring in a wide player. I've watched Hull on TV a few times and while he didn't do it at Tynecastle in my opinion I think he has been even less successful down there. Lets not create a situation where we bring back someone for no other reason than he may be available, the main reason for anyone coming in should be that he will make us better and in this case I don't think that applies (and I say that while accepting we've not been good out wide recently).

Thought he would have made some sort of impression down south but seems to have been a bit a of disaster down there for him. 

The grass isn't always greener blah blah blah.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Naismith is surely the first choice in this role, I didn't get the impression he was being signed as cover. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s it. We’ll never be weak attacking wise, there will never be a reason not to have a go. Players in those areas are generally the most inconsistent and the most fouled players. We need that sort of depth.

Absolutely! 

Plus with our recent injury record it makes even more sense to bring him back! 

Our wide options are *** rank/non existent

So for that reason I'd take him. But that says more about our squad than it does about Davie milinky

Last thing we need.  Offload some of the dross should be the highest priority.  In hindsight, I wish we had taken a punt on Shankland in exchange for 5 or 6 others being shown the door.

I'd take him back, low salary with a performance/appearance bonus. He's no doubt made a mint from his Hull deal and hopefully now just wants to play football again.

Think of all the Edinburgh restaurants he helped keep in business last time, this post festival period can hit them hard.

Guest ToqueJambo

With Walker out, Meshino a complete unknown for us and Levein seemingly not convinced by MacDonald yet, we could do with someone like this.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Killinman said:

Reported by EEN that he can leave and find another club.He would be a real asset but probably not defensive enough for Mr Personality

Is that the same 'Mr Personality' :cornette: that tried to sign him permanently, involving paying a not insignificant transfer fee, only for Milinkovic to turn us down at the last moment and take an offer from Hull that we couldn't match financially? 

Aye?

How does jkb manage to attract so many posters with single figure brain cell counts? 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

This thread and the chance to start another one about Craig Gordon.

Enjoy.

Ooofftt. Ach. To be honest, I've had a smashing day, so I think I'll just take what I've already won, Jim. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No need for him with Meshino

Of course a totally untested player who we all know very little about... oh by all accounts plays a totally different role.

I want both!

Captain Canada

I'd definitely bring him back. He's unpredictable and has an eye for goal. IMO he's better than Walker, Mulraney, Morrison and Clare. 

If we were able to get Lee, Bozanic, Wighton and MacLean off the wage bill then it would make sense as he'd strengthen the starting lineup. I'm aware we can't just keep signing more without any leaving. 

I highly doubt Levein would even think about it though. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So just a minute.

Someone on here actually has the temerity to suggest that a Levein wouldn’t sign a player like Milinkovic, despite Levein having signed the exact same player before?

**** me that takes on a special kind of mental hospital derangement disease.

He might not sign him again because the player and his agent completely ****ed us over and proved that they had no loyalty to the club, fans or manager however,

but it would take a huge dose of creative thinking to blame Levein for that.

Although that is quite possible.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hackney Hearts

He has benefited hugely from being a major part of one of our most famous performances of recent years (The 4-0 Versus Celtic) - without that, his status in our collective memories would be greatly diminished.

Not going to protest outside the main stand if he's signed. Likewise if he isn't.

I liked his energy but it was all over the place, he had skill but no game awareness, he would get stuck in but be wildly out of position, would often see Austin going batshit mental on the touchline trying to get him back into position. 

He is the typical rough diamond, just needs too much work 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Where is Naismith playing then?