• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• mitch41

• redjambo

18 hours ago, Mort said:

Anyone not wanting to sign him surely can’t be watching the current side.

He chipped in with some decent goals and assists during his time with us and I thought he was gradually getting a lot better the more game time he was given. 

We aren’t exactly loaded with quality....

No you are bang on the money. Halkett, Souttar, Naismith, Walker, Washington, Whelan and Damour are all very very poor players. We need the quality of Milinkovic who can't get a game in a bottom end Championship team. 

18 hours ago, Mort said:

Anyone not wanting to sign him surely can’t be watching the current side.

He chipped in with some decent goals and assists during his time with us and I thought he was gradually getting a lot better the more game time he was given. 

We aren’t exactly loaded with quality....

Well, that’s just it. I would argue on paper, this is our best squad since 06.

Of course, football isn’t played on paper.

Skinny would be a good option to have. But no matter who we sign, the main issue(in my opinion), being the first team management, remains. 

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Milinkovic is talented and did improve with us and the thing i liked about him was he always wanted the ball and could keep possession until he passed it on or crossed it. I think a lot to do with him getting better was he was getting fitter the more he played.

He also liked a run with the ball and more importantly, he could score a goal! Something we've been lacking for a very long time. 

I just thought the guy brought composure and a touch of quality in possession.

He was unpredictable for full backs too.  We could do with more brain in the team instead of the clamour for more pace all over the place.  Milinkovic was hardly slow anyway.  

37 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Olly gone frees up a wage. 

He's only away until January and how we might still be paying part of his wage. Often the case with loan deals.

Hopefully we will be looking to either extend his loan or make it a permanent move and then we will have freed up a wage.

Fort Vallance
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He's only away until January and how we might still be paying part of his wage. Often the case with loan deals.

Hopefully we will be looking to either extend his loan or make it a permanent move and then we will have freed up a wage.

I don't suppose Milinkovic would be interested in a short term deal. Could be win win. I've got mixed feelings about him. I remember some of the stupid decision making and offsides. But then the Celtic game pops in to my head.

Captain Canada

Of course he has flaws, but I like being entertained at a game rather than bored out of my mind like I was against Ross County. 

Edited by Captain Canada

1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

No you are bang on the money. Halkett, Souttar, Naismith, Walker, Washington, Whelan and Damour are all very very poor players. We need the quality of Milinkovic who can't get a game in a bottom end Championship team. 

That is not the point. Milkinovic is a much better player than Mulraney for a start. Walker and Naismith are prone to injuries as we have already seen this season so nothing wrong with adding quality to the side. 

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, Mort said:

That is not the point. Milkinovic is a much better player than Mulraney for a start. Walker and Naismith are prone to injuries as we have already seen this season so nothing wrong with adding quality to the side. 

If I'm brutally honest Mort, even at 63.5 years old I believe I'm a better wide player than Mulraney. In terms of actually signing anyone I'd think while we should be looking at better than Mulraney I also think we should be looking at better than Milinkovic, and I don't think it needs to cost us a fortune. We don't need someone who performs maybe once or twice, but at the same time we don't need someone who is the best winger on the planet, we just need someone who can perform to a sufficiently decent level regularly.

Edited by portobellojambo1

11 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

How did he think he was better? Getting offered more money by Hull and taking it is hardly thinking your better than us. I’d imagine most folk on here slagging him off for choosing hull over us would have done exactly the same thing in his situation. 

Its no that he thinks he's better, which he does actaully 

Its the fact he kissed the badge several times, stated he loved Hearts, wanted to move here etc. Then we negotiate with Genoa and agree deal then he goes for Hull City where he's never played any real game time. He's a snake in my book. Acts up to the fans and says and does what he expects they want. You'll disagree. Thats fine. For me no thanks 

Milinkovic was genuinely my favourite player since Rudi Skacel.  Maybe it's just there was a hole that needed to be filled, and they're nowhere near the same level - but since then, he's easily been my highest rated favourite player - I really thought he was a great player who I would have loved to sign on a permanent basis. 

He chased the money, which all of us would do given half a chance.  I loved my old job but it didn't stop me moving on to earn more money doing something at a higher level.  I don't blame him for what he did, even slightly, but if he was to come back, I wouldn't even give it a second thought!

Hope we get him, but we all know we won't. 

Edited by tian447

I'm not one of the Clare haters, I genuinely hope the guy goes on to fulfil his potential with us.  However, I'd have Milinkovic in the team for Clare any day.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Its no that he thinks he's better, which he does actaully 

Its the fact he kissed the badge several times, stated he loved Hearts, wanted to move here etc. Then we negotiate with Genoa and agree deal then he goes for Hull City where he's never played any real game time. He's a snake in my book. Acts up to the fans and says and does what he expects they want. You'll disagree. Thats fine. For me no thanks 

He did love the club but all he needed to do was play well for Hull and his life would have been made.How much he enjoyed playing here became irrelevant. You can hardly blame him for trying to better himself. Our most dangerous player and he was left out of a trip to Ibrox so not considered that important in Levein's eyes at the time.

Think I know what most people would have done if they were being honest.

3 hours ago, Mort said:

Your opinion, not a fact.

I think Mulraney is average. I thought Milinkovic was average.  I woukd far rather see some young players getting a chance than someone who knocked us back for HULL CITY. 

58 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm not one of the Clare haters, I genuinely hope the guy goes on to fulfil his potential with us.  However, I'd have Milinkovic in the team for Clare any day.  

I just don't see Clare doing that with us. I want to be wrong, but he's not made an impact at all.

Milinkovic, we can point to several games he's made an impression in. Levein would be mad not to see if Davids keen on a return.

5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Olly gone frees up a wage. 

We still have another 30 odd players in our first team squad to pay.

Just now, Section Q said:

We still have another 30 odd players in our first team squad to pay.

Don't post that on the Gary Mackay thread......there will be a numbers outbreak once more !!!

Don't know what all the fuss about Milinkovic is about, he looked a pretty average player to me in his time with us, he's done nothing to enhance his reputation in England, so why sign yet another average player? I'd rather give a youngster a chance if we can't afford a quality winger.

rudi must stay

Wouldn't be desperate to sign him but if he wants to return bring him in in my opinion. When he's up for it he's a player you want in your team 

2 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Your opinion, not a fact.

I think Mulraney is average. I thought Milinkovic was average.  I woukd far rather see some young players getting a chance than someone who knocked us back for HULL CITY. 

Nail on the head with both players, average . 

Sounds like he has been a pain in the arse for Hull. Unprofessional and a negative effect on the squad. Wasn't even that good for us. Why would we want him back.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Sounds like he has been a pain in the arse for Hull. Unprofessional and a negative effect on the squad. Wasn't even that good for us. Why would we want him back.

Because he is a really good player, as he showed when playing for us. We should have went for him instead of Walker IMO.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Because he is a really good player, as he showed when playing for us. We should have went for him instead of Walker IMO.

You are just annoyed as Walker wears the same colour boots/trainers as you

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Sounds like he was a mercenary who was shown the door & was subsequently found out at Hull. Karma. 

He was a damn good player however, so that’s not something that concerns me. Not near the snake bracket of some of our players over the years.

22 minutes ago, farin said:

Only showed it in flashes, disappeared in far too many games for my liking. 

I hear that from folk a lot. I totally disagree though.

Some of our fans wouldn’t know a good player if he played for all four of the teams they support. 

:verysmug:

CF9D833C-3A98-4ED4-B8B3-67BABAD57570.gif

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not this again. :vrface:

An average player in a shite team last time round. No thank you.

Very much this.

I can count on one hand the amount of good games the guy had for us.

upgotheheads

Skinny was inconsistent but he had the ability to change a game when he was up for it. I'd like to see him back if the terms were right.

2 minutes ago, farin said:

They obviously know a thing or two about football. He was a luxury player who turned up when he felt like it. 

“Luxury player” is a total misnomer, and even if it wasn’t, he was a grafter who the term would apply to.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

Very much this.

I can count on one hand the amount of good games the guy had for us.

Me too 👍🏻

Set-Of-Ten-Finger-Hands-Finger-Puppets-0

11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Me too 👍🏻

Set-Of-Ten-Finger-Hands-Finger-Puppets-0

Don’t you start , one Milinkovic obsessed blue shoe’d maniac is enough thank you.......

On 29/08/2019 at 21:14, RobNox said:

I think most Jambos feel the same way.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ah, bizarro banter. :rolleyes:

Ah ‘wanna be in the gang Clique’ bantz. 🙄

...a bit disco
13 hours ago, sadj said:

You are just annoyed as Walker wears the same colour boots/trainers as you

Always knew that Icon felly had a smell of the Hun about him.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Always knew that Icon felly had a smell of the Hun about him.

Scottish side of my family is rammed with the ****ers. Must have subconsciously influenced my footwear decision.

...a bit disco
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Scottish side of my family is rammed with the ****ers. Must have subconsciously influenced my footwear decision.

Blue though.

Whatever, Sashboy.