Hickey

Beast Boy

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s basically Paolo Maldini.

10 year deal. £200million buyout clause.

I'll second that.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• wavydavy

• Mikey1874

• Forever Hearts

The Future's Maroon
24 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Keep Man City away

Them and Celtic have already tried, and were told to bolt, I’m comfortable with that.

This lad really does look the real deal.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A key point. That's why he will need rested from time to time as he is still growing.

Yep.  He's still struggling to get through 90 minutes but that will come.   Obviously tempting to pick him every game in his form, but hopefully we'll give him the time to grow.

Driving back from the match(I am a passenger obviously) four of us cannot think of a better defensive display by a 17yr old, absolutely outstanding....

The Future's Maroon

The £4m invested in the academy will be repaid, easily, by this young lad alone, and the others coming through!

3 minutes ago, sac said:

£25m for Tierney, Aye

Aye which means Celtic have money to try and nick our young starlet for peanuts 

A class act if he has the right attitude could possibly go a long way in the game 

but let’s not get carried away look what’s happened to Ryan  Gauld who was also

a class act at a similar age

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

First touch, brilliant.  Passing, brilliant.  Composure, brilliant.  Tackling, brilliant.

Fitness, could improve.

And the great fact is that fitness is the easy one to improve.

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Needs to be given a new long term contract

100% confident that the club will already be doing all they can to make that happen.

I feel sorry for Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney having to compete against Aaron Hickey for the Left back position in the Scotland team. 

Captain Canada

We should enjoy his performances while we can. If he keeps this up, he'll definitely move for big money. 

There aren't many players around of any age who are so composed on the ball with both feet. He looks to have bulked up a bit too. I thought he was by far our best player tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I feel sorry for Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney having to compete against Aaron Hickey for the Left back position in the Scotland team. 

Scotland should, and I'm not joking, play him at RB

43 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

If he played for Celtic the media would have a £10M price tag on his head. 

And its good to develop out of the spotlight. 

Motherwell messed up tonight continually playing the ball down his side. Poor by Robinson. Cost them, possibly the game because overall they created very little. 

Great attitude too. He just gets on with it. 

Eddie The Eagle

Fantastic talent 

This young lad will make us a lot of money and we are starting to see the money invested in our academy come to fruition 

If he continues to develop at this rate then it won't be long before bidders are lining up 

He is already on the radar of some big clubs who will continue to watch his development 

Imperative we sign him up on a long term dea, l which i believe he is more than happy to do, as are the club 

He is still very much plying his trade at Hearts 

25 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

First touch, brilliant.  Passing, brilliant.  Composure, brilliant.  Tackling, brilliant.

Fitness, will improve.

FTFY 

Seymour M Hersh

What a tremendous prospect young Hickey is. I had him down as our best performer tonight fractionally ahead of Smith. Mostly because they saw him as a weak link and played the ball down our left side an awful lot but he stood up every time. Excellent young talent. I guess BT Sports didn't have a "boy" of the match award available. 

Was worried the Dons game might have dented his confidence, but he just seems to breeze through games. Keep expecting a mistake but he’s so confident and tidy in possession and does the dirty work in defence too. A very exciting talent. 

3 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Scotland should, and I'm not joking, play him at RB

Good shout. They should but they won’t.

What's the situation with his contract  ?

Can he just walk away at the end of his current contract if he was tempted by big clubs ?

Would Hearts be due any

compensation ?

11 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

How long is his current contract??

Not sure

There are limits re contracts for youngsters. Need to wait till he is 18 for a long contract. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What a tremendous prospect young Hickey is. I had him down as our best performer tonight fractionally ahead of Smith. Mostly because they saw him as a weak link and played the ball down our left side an awful lot but he stood up every time. Excellent young talent. I guess BT Sports didn't have a "boy" of the match award available

If they had, they'd have stuck an extra "h" on somewhere & awarded it to Chris Sutton. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, iainmac said:

If they had, they'd have stuck an extra "h" on somewhere & awarded it to Chris Sutton. 

Arf arf. I don't mind Sutton as long as he's not doing a Celtic game. He becomes unbearable then. 

A few wee interchanges between him and Irving, taking and giving the ball under pressure, without a care and finding a man. Not picked up in commentary but very encouraging to see from the youngsters 

Thought Police
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Any idea when it expires ?

2021? Signed his pro contract last summer

He will be out of the ugly sisters price range for sure

Cant see Budge and Levein letting him go while he is developing into a first class player

Hopefully he is well advised that the world is his oyster in 2-3 years time

Legend in the making young man

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Superb. Has a good wee bit of cockiness about him too.

That’s what I thought. Confidence oozes from him and seems to have the talent and work rate to carry it off. Keep it up young man. Great performance tonight. 

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The £4m invested in the academy will be repaid, easily, by this young lad alone, and the others coming through!

I was about to post something similar.  If we can turn out a player of this calibre on a regular basis, we'll more than justify the investment in our Academy, as long as we manage their contracts properly.  Ideally get a few seasons out of them while they continue to develop, then bag a decent transfer fee when they move on to better things.

45 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

A few wee interchanges between him and Irving, taking and giving the ball under pressure, without a care and finding a man. Not picked up in commentary but very encouraging to see from the youngsters 

The youngsters coming through into the first team all seem to have great ball control.

That performance in the Cup Final as a 16year old had this older gentleman absolutely drooling.  He was marking a seasoned international and Scotland's Player of the Year and never gave him an inch. 16 years old.

Based all the other reports I've read since, I wouldn't look at an offer under £20m and I'm sure AB wouldnt either.

Really hope he will extend his contract in the knowledge that we will sell him for the right offer.

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, big-jambo said:

The youngsters coming through into the first team all seem to have great ball control.

You're right. The technical ability of Irving, Connor Smith, Cochrane, McDonald and Hickey is a joy to watch when in full flow.

4 minutes ago, big-jambo said:

You can see that they have all been coached to play the same way.  All look comfortable on the ball, have good close control and awareness of space and look to move the ball around quickly.  What's great is to see players like Hickey and Irving breaking into the first team and playing without fear.