Hickey

Beast Boy

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Would you like a charity bet on whether he's allowed to sign for city then be loaned out to a team whose window is still open?

That's what I'm disagreeing with, not whether it'll actually happen. I can't tell the future.

How could they loan a player out who isn’t registered to them?

* just seen post above.

Edited by Whatever

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• wavydavy

• Mikey1874

• Forever Hearts

12 hours ago, Herbert said:

Tierney is overrated. Hickey is probably better than him already.

Tierney is in the top 5 left backs in Britain imo.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

They could sign someone but not register them until their window opens in January and as a result couldn’t loan them back until then either.

Yes they could.

They could loan him to us if we still held his registration, or they could loan him to another club in a country where the window is open. 

City's window doesn't have to be open to send players on loan (the Japanese lad's a good example) only the receiving team's window does. 

17 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Tierney is in the top 5 left backs in Britain imo.

He's looking like he might be quite injury prone tbh, I can fully see his next move being back to Celtic. 

He is a terrific talent though, and I think a few folk are being blinkered because of him being very Celtic. 

Arsenal didn't sign him just to satisfy Celtics ego, the lad is a talent.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes they could.

They could loan him to us if we still held his registration, or they could loan him to another club in a country where the window is open. 

City's window doesn't have to be open to send players on loan (the Japanese lad's a good example) only the receiving team's window does. 

Can you loan out a player that you don't hold the registration for? I guess you'd need the team who currently hold the registration to agree but otherwise, why not?

MaskedMarauder

Aaron would do well to look at the fortunes of his mate Marc Leonard who couldn’t wait to leave us to go join Brighton 

The White Cockade

Hickey has been great so far

Looks an outstanding prospect

but some people are getting a bit carried away as the boy has only played half a dozen first team games

remember Harry Cochrane?

Harry and Aaron have great potential and I hope they go onto to be great players for us but people are

putting too much pressure on them way too soon

Need a full season of first team football before you can really start to judge

Tierney may not be worth 25M but he is a very good player and Aaron is nowhere near his level yet

We just need to support the young boys especially when they go through rough patches as is bound to happen

They could just turn out to be the start of a new era for us if we can bring on some of the other talented laddies as well

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Can you loan out a player that you don't hold the registration for? I guess you'd need the team who currently hold the registration to agree but otherwise, why not?

City don't hold Meshino's registration but they're loaning him to us. We know for a fact he doesn't, you need a work permit to register a player. 

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

City don't hold Meshino's registration but they're loaning him to us. We know for a fact he doesn't, you need a work permit to register a player. 

D'uh, of course 😂😂

If never really thought about it before and missed the obvious. Does that mean his old club hold his registration still for the time being?

No need to answer if you can't be bothered as really it doesn't matter I'm just curious about how these things work.

Forever Hearts

For the hard of reading I said Hickey is a better DEFENDER that Tierney. Going forward Tierney is obviously better at the moment but he continually got ripped apart for Celtic in Europe and for Scotland against decent opposition. Let's see how he does down south before saying he's a world beater. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

D'uh, of course 😂😂

If never really thought about it before and missed the obvious. Does that mean his old club hold his registration still for the time being?

No need to answer if you can't be bothered as really it doesn't matter I'm just curious about how these things work.

I'm guessing so, but I don't have any actual knowledge on these players, I'm just drawing conclusions from what I know about player registrations and windows.

Edited by Smithee

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm guessing so, but I don't have any actual knowledge on these players, I'm just drawing conclusions from what I know about player registrations and windows.

Maybe City had signed him but awaiting work permit.

Forever Hearts you obviously have not got a clue about football, your reasoning is based on so few games, I remember watching Jason Holt at Hearts 15s, based on about 15 games I though the same, learned a big lesson.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, benny said:

They hadn't applied from what I've read, they always planned to loan him straight out.

They wouldn't get one just now anyway, they'll know that - he's not an exceptional talent to the EPL. If he does well with us and starts getting regular caps he should qualify automatically. 

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

They could sign someone but not register them until their window opens in January and as a result couldn’t loan them back until then either.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yes they could.

I like you as a poster mate but you’ve got this wrong.

They can sell and loan players outwith the window but they cannot sign anyone or sign them and then loan them out.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Forever Hearts you obviously have not got a clue about football, your reasoning is based on so few games, I remember watching Jason Holt at Hearts 15s, based on about 15 games I though the same, learned a big lesson.

How many Scottish Cup finals did you watch Holt play in at 16 against top opposition and be man of the match?

As for not a clue about football, I take it you played senior and have watched Tierney on a regular basis? 

Unknown user
Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

I like you as a poster mate but you’ve got this wrong.

They can sell and loan players outwith the window but they cannot sign and then loan them back.

Why not?

And cheers btw!

Edited by Smithee

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

This guy knows what he is talking about.

How do we explain Meshino then?

They've signed him, haven't registered him as a player, and are loaning him out outside their window. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Why not?

And cheers btw!

It’s definitely the rule over here in the UK but I’m pretty sure it’s the same across the board too. 

Chelsea are big ones for doing it and if you look all of their transfers are done during the windows.

Alex Kintner

As much as I love Hickey and I’m excited about his potential, anybody suggesting he is already better than Tierney needs their head examined.

:cornette:

Unknown user

It’s definitely the rule over here in the UK but I’m pretty sure it’s the same across the board too. 

Chelsea are big ones for doing it and if you look all of their transfers are done during the windows.

As above, how do we explain Meshino then?

He isn't registered as a city player yet so it wouldn't be possible for them to register him til January either. Yet they're loaning him to us. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They've signed him, haven't registered him as a player, and are loaning him out outside their window. 

They’d signed him when the window was open but don’t have a work permit for him to play. The same goes for the boy Everton have Henry Onyekuru.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

As above, how do we explain Meshino then?

He isn't registered as a city player yet so it wouldn't be possible for them to register him til January either. Yet they're loaning him to us. 

He has signed for them..he does not have a work permit for them

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

They’d signed him when the window was open but don’t have a work permit for him to play. The same goes for the boy Everton have Henry Onyekuru.

A work permit is required to register as a player

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

As much as I love Hickey and I’m excited about his potential, anybody suggesting he is already better than Tierney needs their head examined.

:cornette:

It’s jaw-dropping, isn’t it?😀

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He has signed for them..he does not have a work permit for them

He has a contract with them but that's not relevant, they can't register him until he has a work permit.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A work permit is required to register as a player

Yes but not to sign a player. However to sign a player you need to do that within the window, for him to join immediately unless he’ll have to wait until the window opens. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He has a contract with them but that's not relevant, they can't register him until he has a work permit.

Sorry but in that case the 35 players Chelsea had on loan would not be playing, the 25 that City have on loan would not also be playing

Purchase and Loan Purchase and Loan
This model has been used by the likes of Arsenal when purchasing Carlos Vela and Wellington Silva. Essentially, the club is able to purchase a player and register him, making him a paid player of the club. The club then loan the player to a club in an EU country with less stringent immigration laws. Once the player is on loan, it is hoped he will develop into a national player thus satisfying the criterion of the traditional route above (

Unknown user

Yes but not to sign a player. However to sign a player you need to do that within the window, for him to join immediately unless he’ll have to wait until the window opens. 

You can sign a player at any time, we signed Aidy White after the transfer window closed last season. 

Captain Lithuania
16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Why wouldn’t he be registered as city’s player?

What am I missing?

He’s registered as their player but he’s not registered to play in the Premier League as they can only register so many players due to rules. 

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Hickey has been great so far

Looks an outstanding prospect

but some people are getting a bit carried away as the boy has only played half a dozen first team games

remember Harry Cochrane?

Harry and Aaron have great potential and I hope they go onto to be great players for us but people are

putting too much pressure on them way too soon

Need a full season of first team football before you can really start to judge

Tierney may not be worth 25M but he is a very good player and Aaron is nowhere near his level yet

We just need to support the young boys especially when they go through rough patches as is bound to happen

They could just turn out to be the start of a new era for us if we can bring on some of the other talented laddies as well

👏👏👏

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but in that case the 35 players Chelsea had on loan would not be playing, the 25 that City have on loan would not also be playing

Purchase and Loan Purchase and Loan
This model has been used by the likes of Arsenal when purchasing Carlos Vela and Wellington Silva. Essentially, the club is able to purchase a player and register him, making him a paid player of the club. The club then loan the player to a club in an EU country with less stringent immigration laws. Once the player is on loan, it is hoped he will develop into a national player thus satisfying the criterion of the traditional route above (

It looks like they're saying you can register a player with or without a work permit. I'm cool with being wrong if that's the case, where are you seeing this?

9 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

He’s registered as their player but he’s not registered to play in the Premier League as they can only register so many players due to rules. 

Exactly my interpretation.

Why would they pay 900k not to hold the players registration?

Him being permitted to play in the EPL is a completely separate issue.

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It looks like they're saying you can register a player with or without a work permit. I'm cool with being wrong if that's the case, where are you seeing this?

I'll give you an example..Liverpool signed Marko Grujic in January 2016 and loaned him out prior to getting a permit in July 2016

Grujic, 20, cleared the final hurdle to becoming a Liverpool player by obtaining a work permit and he was loaned back to Red Star Belgrade when he signed for the Reds from them for £5.1million in January.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You can sign a player at any time, we signed Aidy White after the transfer window closed last season. 

He didn’t have a club. You can sign expired players out with the window but not if they’re part of a team.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, benny said:

Do City have a problem with EUFA fair play financial rules which stops them playing new signings, or am I confusing them with Chelsea or another cash-doped EPL side?

maybe he's coming to us as a way round that.

Edited by upgotheheads

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Do City have a problem with EUFA fair play financial rules which stops them playing new signings, or am I confusing them with Chelsea or another cash-doped EPL side?

maybe he's coming to us as a way round that.

How would it come round to that way.No idea what you are confusing with.

StevenNaismith
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Dunno if anyone else has replied to you as I haven’t read all the comments but I’m sure if you think about it you can work it out for yourself. Oh and it’s our window that’s open as we are the team signing the player.

I dont think we would give Hickey to Man City for no transfer fee in exchange for a decent looking player on loan for 2 years and getting Hickey loaned back to us for two years.

But there are variations of a deal like that that I think we would do - and a lot of this depends on the player. Let’s say he has already indicated that he wants to move to England at the end of his current contract. If he is as good as we think he’d be getting offered 10k a week minimum as a start for year 1.

Alternatively Man City get him for what we might say would be cheap but its a package which includes additional payments after first team debut, 50 games, gets capped, they win the league with him playing more than a certain amount of games and a percentage of a transfer fee elsewhere etc.

We also have to factor in we’d get **** all compo due to him moving to a different country if he didn’t sign a new contract for us and moved down south.

Edited by Jammy T