Hickey

Beast Boy

18 hours ago, jambotony said:

Celtic & City both trued to sign him this summer and were told to bolt! Celtic offered £500,000

That’s an embarrassment.  Would they have accepted that for Tierney when he was 17?  No chance.

Add another zero and add a 20% sell on clause and I might think about it.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• wavydavy

• Mikey1874

• Forever Hearts

Weakened Offender

Whyte looks like a great addition to the first team squad yet Hickey will probably play before him in most matches, similar to Naysmith keeping Pointon out in 97/98.

Outstanding prospect.

Nice to have positivity for one of our youngsters.

lets hope he continues to progress steadily, he looks great already.

remember the hype about Cochrane tho.....young players can change so quickly due to the, still be growing physically....and mentally....

The Future's Maroon
16 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Celtic enquired, were told that he wasn’t for sale. No bid was submitted. City haven’t tried to sign him.

It was rumoured they enquired about him with a loan back straight away type of deal. (Only what I was told, may be wrong).

Looks the real deal, hopefully he progresses well, just hope we get him tied up on an extremely long very long contract!

The sort of thing I envisage if we get a link up with say Man City (as an example) - is basically getting a really tidy sum from Man City for Hickey. Really tidy. Say within the next year or two and then we still get him back on loan for a couple of seasons to continue to develop him in the first team.

Kind of like what happened with Man Utd and Zaha. 

So we get to keep him for us long as we likely ever would - if he gets as good as it looks like he might - but we get a chunk of cash for him 2 years before he actually leaves.

Edited by Jammy T

2 hours ago, systemx said:

Aston Villa are very interested

We'll swap him for McGinn and £10m, plus a 30% sell on clause.

Robertson has the kind of Bale style about him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was moved further forward.

Hickey could play RB for Scotland, Tierney LB

9 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Robertson, Tierney and now Hickey.  How many class LBs can one country have!!

You've forgotten Callum McGregor..............oh, wait!

4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Robertson, Tierney and now Hickey.  How many class LBs can one country have!!

Tierney is overrated. Hickey is probably better than him already.

Hickey to sign a 5 year deal with city then loaned to us for 2 years with mashino coming to us for 2 years and city paying his wages is what I have just been told, not sure I believe it but that’s what I was told. 

The only thing the lad should be concerned with is what is in front of him. Moves to Celtic, City, Villa etc. are ridiculous at this age. Will disappear into reserve football like every other promising youngster lured down south too early.  

Also, how can Hickey sign a 5 year deal with City but not us? If thats actually possible (because of the restriction on contract length of youngsters) we need to force a change, its not competitive and fails to protect our interests in our best talents.

Have been told Hickey to Man City , 5 year deal with him being loaned back for 2 years 🤔 don’t know how much it is worth to Hearts. Don’t shoot the messenger just passing on what I’ve been told 👍🏻

B Munich just signed a 16 year old Scottish defender from Celtic who was yet to make a first team appearance. 

That’s some scouting! 

May or may not make Celtic more keen on adding to their squad. Seemingly let 8 defenders go in recent weeks and the 3 they replaced them with getting slated already 

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

The only thing the lad should be concerned with is what is in front of him. Moves to Celtic, City, Villa etc. are ridiculous at this age. Will disappear into reserve football like every other promising youngster lured down south too early.  

Also, how can Hickey sign a 5 year deal with City but not us? If thats actually possible (because of the restriction on contract length of youngsters) we need to force a change, its not competitive and fails to protect our interests in our best talents.

Why would he disappear at Celtic? He’s better than their new £3m left back and he’s the same age as Tierney was when he established his place in the team.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Man City can’t sign anyone now as their window has closed. 

they can sign him anytime they want, they just cant register him

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Man City can’t sign anyone now as their window has closed. 

They can sign Hickey, they just can't register him to play for Man City till Jamuary. They can loan him back.

But dont believe we would accept the deal, it seems to let him go too cheaply.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They can sign Hickey, they just can't register him to play for Man City till Jamuary. They can loan him back.

But dont believe we would accept the deal, it seems to let him go too cheaply.

He could shake hands on a move there when his contracts up and we end up with just a development fee 

rudi must stay

He's not going to be here long, the secret is out with him after the Cup Final.  I thought he was taking too long on the ball at times in defence, 2 games later he's sorted that.

Some player. Yes he has ability but his attitude is spot on, plays with a smile on his face :thumbsup:

Big Slim Stylee
10 hours ago, Herbert said:

I honestly wonder why certain people bother watching football when they have so little understanding of it. Hickey is not better than Tierney at this point of his development. Not by a stretch.

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, Herbert said:

Hickey is everything Tierney was when he broke though. Enthusiastic, extremely talented and very hard working. And I hope he stays that way, no question of his talent but his attitude isn't that common these days  

There is absolutely no way we should be looking to sell this lad anytime soon.

He seems a decent sort so I don’t think he’d bump us at the first opportunity. 

You know how good a player is when you feel confident that he'll cope with a situation that he's about to come up against. His tackles last night were timely, his composure be-lies his age, his close control and concentration are pleasurable to watch. Reminds me very much of a young Gary Naysmith coming through. If I was Hearts i'd be getting him on a very long-term contract. I'd also tout his name down south so that some big clubs come in for him and we make some quality cash out of his sale. Even if a Man City wanted him they could throw us a few million then loan him back so he continues to develop. Last thing we need is one of the bigot brothers to come calling with a paltry sum.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I honestly wonder why certain people bother watching football when they have so little understanding of it. Hickey is not better than Tierney at this point of his development. Not by a stretch.

Garbage. Hickey is already a better defender than Tierney. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

There is absolutely no way we should be looking to sell this lad anytime soon.

He seems a decent sort so I don’t think he’d bump us at the first opportunity. 

Not a case of bumping us. This boy is different level, you don't keep players like him. It's like McGinn if Hibs had him when he was as good as he is now he'd have been there two minutes, that's how it's gone now and that's probably because of how crazy transfers have gone

Man City do sign a lot of players who never play for them but end up with decent moves often to the clubs they are loaned to. 

If I was Hickey I would wait for another year before making any decisions. And look to sign a long contract with Hearts first when he turns 18. 

17 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Ok I'll agree with you Hickey is on par with tierney right now. Give it a few months then I will be right. Tierney has never stood out he just gets overhyped for breaking into a big team in a pish league where he's never really been challenged and when he has he's looked pish.

13 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

A 6 year deal now and a £25million move in a year or so would be fine TBH

Another year before we can do a long contract as explained above but fair enough if Man City commit to a decent fee and player wants to do it. 

Some fantasists on here if Man City were interested they would get him now for about £2m plus hopefully a sell on clause but they ain't.

Rocky jamboa

Hickey just needs to improve the attacking side of his game over the next few years to attract the top teams. All the top full backs in the EPL - robertson, kyle walker, wan bisaka etc - are all almost as good going forward as defensively. 

On 16/08/2019 at 21:42, Lovecraft said:

10 Year contract for him please.

Great player still think he will end up a midfield maestro infact he could play anywhere 

24 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Ok I'll agree with you Hickey is on par with tierney right now. Give it a few months then I will be right. Tierney has never stood out he just gets overhyped for breaking into a big team in a pish league where he's never really been challenged and when he has he's looked pish.

Not at the moment tierney is exceptional going forward 

he isn’t overhyped 

Big Slim Stylee
38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Garbage. Hickey is already a better defender than Tierney. 

😀 Another one.

StevenNaismith

Would anyone like to take a charity bet on Hickey signing for City and being loaned back to Hearts? Seeing as they can sign anyone at any time I’ll give it until 23:59 on the 31st January 2020. I’m saying that it won’t happen.

11 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Great player still think he will end up a midfield maestro infact he could play anywhere 

I said that on another thread.

I thought he was a CM, but someone, maybe FF, said he prefers to play at left back.

Well done to our Director of Football for helping develop this lads natural ability to make him potentially one of the best players in the country.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Would anyone like to take a charity bet on Hickey signing for City and being loaned back to Hearts? Seeing as they can sign anyone at any time I’ll give it until 23:59 on the 31st January 2020. I’m saying that it won’t happen.

Would you like a charity bet on whether he's allowed to sign for city then be loaned out to a team whose window is still open?

That's what I'm disagreeing with, not whether it'll actually happen. I can't tell the future.

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Would you like a charity bet on whether he's allowed to sign for city then be loaned out to a team whose window is still open?

That's what I'm disagreeing with, not whether it'll actually happen. I can't tell the future.

They could sign someone but not register them until their window opens in January and as a result couldn’t loan them back until then either.