Hickey

Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, big-jambo said:

The youngsters coming through into the first team all seem to have great ball control.

And composure. 

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• wavydavy

• Mikey1874

• Forever Hearts

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You can see that they have all been coached to play the same way.  All look comfortable on the ball, have good close control and awareness of space and look to move the ball around quickly.  What's great is to see players like Hickey and Irving breaking into the first team and playing without fear.  

TBH if this is the level the youngsters are at then we are going to be seeing some fantastic players coming through over the next few years 

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Celtic are desperate for a left back so I'll be delighted if he's still here after the transfer window closes.

If he spends as much as a month there, he’s been incredibly badly advised.

He’ll bypass Celtic, with Man Utd and Man City offering us players, I suspect he might just be the quid pro quo for them. He really has that potential. 

Edited by Pistol1874

Talked about him all the way back home!! The way he reads the game and predicts why the attacker is going to do is way past his years. I didn’t realise the speed he has as well as he recovers really well

brunoatemyhamster

Is he alright. 

Thought he twisted his knee towards the end? 

Hope I'm wrong

Young lad is a superstar, let’s hope we can keep

him and we don’t put too much pressure on him.  Big career in front of him, good luck abd hope we can make a few pound fro him. 

2 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Is he alright. 

Thought he twisted his knee towards the end? 

Hope I'm wrong

Think it was just cramp. 

StevenNaismith
2 hours ago, jambotony said:

Celtic & City both trued to sign him this summer and were told to bolt! Celtic offered £500,000

Celtic enquired, were told that he wasn’t for sale. No bid was submitted. City haven’t tried to sign him.

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If only one one of these young players was an instinctive goalmouth poacher who hates Hibs.

Jason Cummings

highlandjambo3

Excellent as everyone says.

When the tv cameras are showing him playing from a distance, you get an image of a very mature, experienced and composed player, then a close up brings back the reality of how young he is.  It’s a bit of a WOW moment when you consider he will grow and become much better......... get him signed, teams will be sniffing soon (if they not already are).

Jambof3tornado

A new deal needs sorted ASAP. Not sure we could afford to bring in somebody as good as him, which I suppose is a reason to thank Levein and the academy structure.

Really hope we tie him down for a while as hes gonna be worth millions in a few years. Getting carried away I know but Tierney going for 25M, if he continues to improve we should be demanding a healthy wedge for him. For 17 he is so calm and hardly put a foot wrong last night. Even when he slipped he still bounced up and made an important tackle at 2-1. 

vlad on the tyne

Very good performance from Hickey. He had a difficult couple of weeks in missing pen at East Fife then getting the 2 yellows at Aberdeen and wondered how he would cope up against an unknown pacy winger . 

So composed and comfortable and just oozes class. Best academy player we have and one that will hopefully make us millions. 

9 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

We should enjoy his performances while we can. If he keeps this up, he'll definitely move for big money. 

There aren't many players around of any age who are so composed on the ball with both feet. He looks to have bulked up a bit too. I thought he was by far our best player tonight. 

I doubt he will reach 50 games for us because somebody is going to make us an offer we simply cannot turn down.

He is still quite slight in build. Usually when a player breaks through everyone says they need to bulk up but Aaron shows that using your strength is as much about getting your body into the right position and technique (such as shepherding a ball out of play). 

Can people please stop comparing him with Tierney.  That wee Jessie couldn’t lace Hickeys boots, £25M move or not. 

👍

chester copperpot
6 hours ago, jambotony said:

Celtic & City both trued to sign him this summer and were told to bolt! Celtic offered £500,000

Not true I am afraid.

Tabs are being kept on him though. They're not convinced by this boy from Rapid Vienna though, despite paying 3m for him 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A key point. That's why he will need rested from time to time as he is still growing.

Looks like acquiring Aidy Whyte was a stroke of genius by Levein. 

2 hours ago, LeylandJambo said:

I've heard rumour that Seedorf is still in his back pocket

He's going to need bigger pockets and more of them

Bazzas right boot

Really encouraged by him. 

More to the point, I think as a full back he has a chance to go on to bigger things. 

As a striker or midfielder from scotland the chances are slim as the quality is so good, as a gk, fb or defender always think the chances are better of going to the top level. 

The boy has done well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Looks like acquiring Aidy Whyte was a stroke of genius by Levein. 

Whyte looks very good. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A new deal needs sorted ASAP. Not sure we could afford to bring in somebody as good as him, which I suppose is a reason to thank Levein and the academy structure.

We can't.... 

Contract law is different for under 18's.

This should be stamped across every Hickey thread. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Already a better defender than Tierney

😂😂😂😂

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Celtic are desperate for a left back so I'll be delighted if he's still here after the transfer window closes.

Of course he’ll still be here.

Why would you think otherwise?

letsalllaughathobos

The lad is bloody brilliant, means mulreaney has a bit freedom in front knowing the wee man is solid behind him, 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Incredibly, Hickey got the lowest mark of Hearts outfield players in the Daily Records players ratings.

😂

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

A class act if he has the right attitude could possibly go a long way in the game 

but let’s not get carried away look what’s happened to Ryan  Gauld who was also

a class act at a similar age

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that Hickey will never have the ignominy of a spell at h1b5 on his cv!

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

I hope we have a 5 year contract and a £15million release clause ready for his 18th birthday. 

Why on earth would we want to let him leave for that sort of paltry sum?

avhudtheteeshirt
13 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

A class act if he has the right attitude could possibly go a long way in the game 

but let’s not get carried away look what’s happened to Ryan  Gauld who was also

a class act at a similar age

How many first team games and cup finals did he play in before his transfer?

This young boy is doing it in the top team and could well be man of the match in all he's played!

He's not going to be a talent, he already is!!!!!

Pretty sure there's a cap on length of contract you can offer a 17yo in Scotland. 2 years? 3?

Understand why that exists but it does make it hard for "smaller" club to protect what we have.

What a player. He and Irving could go to the top. Was speaking to someone who works on the football side at Hearts and he said general feeling is C Smith is the pick of the bunch! Jesus christ!! If he's better than those two, we've got an Ajax situ on our hands!!!

Edited by TheBigO

Very tenuious link to Hickey but watching the extended highlights on BT this morning and as Bozanic replaces Clare, Hickey had just called out  he couldn't carry on camera goes to Ann Budge and Eric Hogg

'What's he daein, Eric'

Apols if already on the match thread.

Just to get me drooling again, what can we expect from Connor Smith and what position does he play? Attacking, two footed midfield player I'm hoping.  Can't ever have too many of them.

Also, when is he expected to be ready?  I know that I should know these things already.

Haringshairband
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just to get me drooling again, what can we expect from Connor Smith and what position does he play? Attacking, two footed midfield player I'm hoping.  Can't ever have too many of them.

Also, when is he expected to be ready?  I know that I should know these things already.

He operates in the number 10 role. Think he just went on loan to Cowdenbeath (I may have been drunk last night and dreamed this)