Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No one has a clue. He could be brilliant or shite, just not enough evidence to tell us otherwise.

I obviously hope he is a smash hit, but the reality is, this will be a culture shock. It could simply depend on the personality of the boy and his mental strength, added to a desire to impress a new and critical audience.

Only time will tell

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No one has a clue. He could be brilliant or shite, just not enough evidence to tell us otherwise.

I obviously hope he is a smash hit, but the reality is, this will be a culture shock. It could simply depend on the personality of the boy and his mental strength, added to a desire to impress a new and critical audience.

Only time will tell

That's the way I see it.

Massive lifestyle changes for a young guy coming over here and has also just got married.

Hope she likes our city more than Mrs Lee. <_<

Think he will either sink or swim tbh

12 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's the way I see it.

Massive lifestyle changes for a young guy coming over here and has also just got married.

So you are saying he might be good or he might not be good? Bold statement

4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

So you are saying he might be good or he might not be good? Bold statement

No, I am saying that he will be a massive hit or he will be a big letdown.

As in sink or swim there will be no middle ground IMO.

How is that a bold statement ? Only saying what I think will probably happen with him.

Its a personal opinion which the last time I looked was allowed on the forum. :wtf:

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You can shout any old abuse at this lad he won’t have a clue what you are saying.

This chums is the future!!

No different to signing a weedgie then?

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's the way I see it.

And if he smashes in the winner at fester road, a new Rudi in the wakening .:robboyas:

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Reminds me of the hype of players line oshiwana, vancek, el-hasnoui...

we will have to wait and see what he really is like 

Did you deliberately spell all their names wrong you absolute weirdo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And if he smashes in the winner at fester road, a new Rudi in the wakening .:robboyas:

Long way to go for that ! Rudi a 2 time scottish cup winning legend 

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is this guy walking from Japan?

It certainly doesn't look straight forward does it. 

Was his flight delayed or what?

9 minutes ago, Sagan said:

It certainly doesn't look straight forward does it. 

Was his flight delayed or what?

tenor.gif?itemid=11666212

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

I just dont see this boy hitting the ground running.

Not after a flight from Japan, that's for sure. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

To be honest,  better using the international break to give him some time 

The perfect welcome gift

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/bonsai-bar-bistro-9?p=6&nlp=&CID=UK&uu=adb01414-1509-4ef0-bb9c-d7fd9b57440c&tx=0&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=53131e0b-117a-42d9-a24b-5f17a449680c_0_20190829&t_division=edinburgh&date=20192908&sender=rm&s=body&c=image&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=bonsai-bar-bistro-9

What do Scotsmen and the Japanese have in common? Well, they’re both island nations with large mountainous areas, a rich and varied warrior history that tends to be romanticised by pop culture, and they both love their fish. Perhaps this is a reason why Scotland’s sushi scene is doing so well - it’s basically aimed at the same demographic. Bonsai Bar Bistro in Edinburgh invites any Scottish Japanophile for some culinary tourism - this time half-price, thanks to this value voucher for two.

Found toward the Edinburgh Old Town’s eastern edge, this sushi deal allows Japanese cuisine enthusiasts to enjoy the entire menu, from the simple nigiri and sashimi to the elaborate multi-layered sushi rolls. Those of the Scots firmly believing that the fish needs to be cooked before eating needn’t fear: there are also dumplings, soups, agemono, and teppanyaki aplenty, as well as salad and pickles. Itadakimasu!

Edited by CJGJ

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The perfect welcome gift

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/bonsai-bar-bistro-9?p=6&nlp=&CID=UK&uu=adb01414-1509-4ef0-bb9c-d7fd9b57440c&tx=0&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=53131e0b-117a-42d9-a24b-5f17a449680c_0_20190829&t_division=edinburgh&date=20192908&sender=rm&s=body&c=image&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=bonsai-bar-bistro-9

What do Scotsmen and the Japanese have in common? Well, they’re both island nations with large mountainous areas, a rich and varied warrior history that tends to be romanticised by pop culture, and they both love their fish. Perhaps this is a reason why Scotland’s sushi scene is doing so well - it’s basically aimed at the same demographic. Bonsai Bar Bistro in Edinburgh invites any Scottish Japanophile for some culinary tourism - this time half-price, thanks to this value voucher for two.

Found toward the Edinburgh Old Town’s eastern edge, this sushi deal allows Japanese cuisine enthusiasts to enjoy the entire menu, from the simple nigiri and sashimi to the elaborate multi-layered sushi rolls. Those of the Scots firmly believing that the fish needs to be cooked before eating needn’t fear: there are also dumplings, soups, agemono, and teppanyaki aplenty, as well as salad and pickles. Itadakimasu!

Technically Scotland is a peninsula UK is the island 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Technically Scotland is a peninsula UK is the island 

Actually, Great Britain is the island.

And Scotland isn't a peninsula.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

this could be good..I'm contacting Groupon to complain and expect a free gift !!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sorry I must have misunderstood we are surrounded by water on 3 sides. Personally I have a UK passport,  Great Britain is some sort of self worship from very dark days gone by 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sorry I must have misunderstood we are surrounded by water on 3 sides. Personally I have a UK passport,  Great Britain is some sort of self worship from very dark days gone by 

Yes, you have a UK passport. The UK has two distinct island parts making it up, hence why it says Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yes, you have a UK passport. The UK has two distinct island parts making it up, hence why it says Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

It does indeed. What about Scotland then? Its not an island. Or is it?

Confusion 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It does indeed. What about Scotland then? Its not an island. Or is it?

Confusion 

Scotland is part of the island known as Great Britain, along with England and Wales.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Scotland is part of the island known as Great Britain, along with England and Wales.

But Scotland,  as a nation in its own right,  part of a union is not an island. 

Unless something has happened since Iast crossed the border in March 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

But Scotland,  as a nation in its own right,  part of a union is not an island. 

Unless something has happened since Iast crossed the border in March 

Insert Homer walking backwards through the hedge meme here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Insert Homer walking backwards through the hedge meme here.

😊

20 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Thomaso - already given my reason for the change previously - keep up!

So you keep saying.

Must have missed it AGAIN 😕

It isn't a username change btw it's an account change.

Like a lot of other haters.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So you keep saying.

Hardly the first to ask for an account change on here...

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Rods said:

Fortunately the plane will do the landing for him.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Oh. That is...top, top work.

Unusually coherent for this time of evening. Full moon I assume. 

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So you keep saying.

Scroll up a couple of pages and you’ll see I gave the reason AGAIN for the name/account change, but bash on with your “hater” crap!

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So provided he made the plane, guess we are expecting tomorrow being signing day, am I right?

He's at the hotel now is he not.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The UK has a lot more than two distinct island parts! Scotland alone has numerous island parts!

FarmerTweedy
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So provided he made the plane, guess we are expecting tomorrow being signing day, am I right?

If he made the plane, it'd be hugely impressive if it could fly all the way to Europe from Japan! 😉

Jambo, Goodbye
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If he made the plane, it'd be hugely impressive if it could fly all the way to Europe from Japan! 😉

4 hours ago, Rods said:

I suppose if he's made himself a glider he could hit the ground running? 

I just hope he's careful,  it's typhoon season over here 😒

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I missed this. Where was it said he is in Edinburgh?

Facebook rumours but then again I'm not on facebook so was simply told this evening by someone who is

If he is here then the best he can hope for as a little introduction at the weekend otherwise let him have a couple of days more on Honeymoon then come in with 2 weeks of training prior to the next match

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Can't be assed checking but I have a vague memory of when the website was relaunched a year or two back, that included a couple of foreign language options, with the then plan of maybe developing more.

Just makes sense.

But also could be seen as a waste of money, like the light lamps for the pitch, the loans manager and Leveins 12 wages.

The way I see it, if a Japanese wants to read about Scottish things, they should learn to read Scottish.  Ryotaro Mechino was fair scunnert on the weekend, when the ref did heehaw aboot thon McKinnon blootering him up the erchie and gettin right up in his pus aw the time.  The wee man looked deid scared.  That walloper Madden is aboot as welcome at Tynie as a fart in a spacesuit.  A tanner baw player like wee Ryo needs protecshun.

"The way I see it, if a Japanese wants to read about Scottish things, they should learn to read Scottish.  Ryotaro Mechino was fair scunnert on the weekend, when the ref did heehaw aboot thon McKinnon blootering him up the erchie and gettin right up in his pus aw the time.  The wee man looked deid scared.  That walloper Madden is aboot as welcome at Tynie as a fart in a spacesuit.  A tanner baw player like wee Ryo needs protecshun."

Sheer brilliance. Wee Ryo will rip it up. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Did you deliberately spell all their names wrong you absolute weirdo.

Umm no need in the name calling 

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Great Britain is the single land mass of Scotland, England and Wales. The British Isles is that plus all smaller islands but not Ireland or its islands. UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

Not terms of whatever era, just geographic and national terms respectively. Scotland could easily be classified as a peninsula BTW. Spain and Portugal are one, as is Kintyre. I'm struggling to see how "peninsula" can be strongly argued against in this usage.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Great Britain is the single land mass of Scotland, England and Wales. The British Isles is that plus all smaller islands but not Ireland or its islands. UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

Not terms of whatever era, just geographic and national terms respectively.

This confuses a lot of people (not having a go), but 

The British Isles is a group of islands in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Continental Europe. It includes Ireland, Great Britain, the Isle of Man, Shetland, Orkney, and thousands of smaller islands.
It's a geographical term rather than a political one. 😉 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

This confuses a lot of people (not having a go), but 

The British Isles is a group of islands in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Continental Europe. It includes Ireland, Great Britain, the Isle of Man, Shetland, Orkney, and thousands of smaller islands.
It's a geographical term rather than a political one. 😉 

Yup, the video belows explains it really well