Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Special Agent Dale Cooper
36 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think this one a bit different considering man city have signed him and paid a lot of money for him

I guess it's all relative: Man City paid around £900k for him, which for us is a record transfer fee but for Citeh is an absolute pittance - 3 week's pay for Raheem Sterling.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

upgotheheads
38 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think this one a bit different considering man city have signed him and paid a lot of money for him

36 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The difference was that we scouted those players or rather took it from some third party they were top talent. I doubt Man city use this process to id players 

Hope so!

indianajones
1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I guess it's all relative: Man City paid around £900k for him, which for us is a record transfer fee but for Citeh is an absolute pittance - 3 week's pay for Raheem Sterling.

Realtive yep ... Its certainly sickening too though.

Obscene amount of money. 

58 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The difference was that we scouted those players or rather took it from some third party they were top talent. I doubt Man city use this process to id players 

I'll just leave this here....... 😎 

Ryan Mcgivern Grad1.jpg

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I'll just leave this here....... 😎 

Ryan Mcgivern Grad1.jpg

Ryan McGivern was a product of MC youth system was he not? They didn't sign him for £900k from a team on the other side of the world.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ryan McGivern was a product of MC youth system was he not? They didn't sign him for £900k from a team on the other side of the world.

And was also signed in 2006, 2 years before the current regime came in who radically changed everything at Man City.

3 hours ago, 80bob said:

This..iam pretty sure man city won’t be signing players based on a carefully edited  5 minute showreel on YouTube 

This 

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, Rods said:

Get the bad feeling that he is this years Oshinawa/Vanaceck

I hope I am wrong just dont think running past players easily in Japan will be the same in Scotland.

You probably are wrong considering one of Europe's top clubs just bought him but don't let that get in the way of you getting right behind the boy. 👍

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It worries me that we don't seem to learn the lesson that building a player up so much, as we did with Osh and Vanacek, just sets them up to fail. Much better to keep quiet and let them do the talking on the park.

4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Never bothered to watch either of them I hope.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

OK  big boy calm down.

Forget it Mitch the lad is just being pedantic. I seen this grammatical error loads of time on here. Its obvious  what you meant.

jamboinglasgow

Saw Levein giving a bit more detail yesterday (or Thursday, unclear from Daily Record if it came from yesterday or the press conference on Thursday.)

"He’s a human being so I can’t say for certainty that he’s going to come here, settle and be the next great thing for Scottish football.

What I can say is that he’s an extremely talented boy and when I met him during discussions – provided Austin MacPhee was translating properly – he certainly seemed hungry and is desperate to do well.

The culture in Japan is one of hard work and team work. So that I can feel good about."

I think certainly Man City have seen something in him which they believe that with the right development he will either be good enough for the first team or (more likely) be able to be sold on for good money. The crucial thing is how he adapts to living in the UK and how he adapts to the game here. I will not expect anything much from him early on as he will will be learning and adapting from a more physical and quicker style of football. Hopefully he pushes himself when he is at us.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Forget it Mitch the lad is just being pedantic. I seen this grammatical error loads of time on here. Its obvious  what you meant.

Cheers it’s forgotten.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ryotaro-meshino-preparing-to-fly-to-edinburgh-for-hearts-move-1-4991011

Ryotaro Meshino is due to jet into Edinburgh airport on Wednesday to complete a loan move to Hearts from Manchester City.

The Japanese forward hopes to have his UK visa approved on Tuesday by authorities in his homeland. He will then head to Europe to begin a season-long loan at Tynecastle Park and could make his debut against Hamilton on Saturday.

22 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Would be little too early to start him against Hamilton due to jet lag.

Probably right. 

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Yup. A late sub cameo if we are winning. If not he'll stay on the bench.

Genuinely not sure what to expect here. The lad is likely to get kicked up and down the park with no protection from referees. He's pretty lightweight(62kgs), which means he is going to have to be hellish skillful to make a difference.

Fingers crossed city have found a wee gem.

We really need to start building this guy up a wee bit more. It'll be all the more enjoyable for the lunatics to scream abuse at him, when he doesn't do a passable re-enactment of Diego Maradona's second goal v England in Mexico 1986 in his first match.

1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Would he really stand out from some of the others, if he was a wee bit slow and lethargic? :) 

28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Would he really stand out from some of the others, if he was a wee bit slow and lethargic? :) 

That remains to be seen.

3 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

That remains to be seen.

I feel you’ve missed my wee joke!

2 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Due to Darian MacKinnon, more like.

Is Dad and daughter going to go to airport to welcome him on Wednesday? Don’t know who they are but was a fab story whey did it before. 

FarmerTweedy
On 24/08/2019 at 02:56, RobNox said:

I think the reference to having your cake means keeping it.  In other words, you can't keep your cake and eat it, you have to make a choice, i.e. you can't have it both ways.

I understand the confusion, because clearly you must have a cake before you can eat it.  But it makes no sense, because why would you have a cake if you didn't intend to eat it?

It's not as if cake is an investment, like say gold, where you could buy a chunk, hold onto it for a while, then sell it and make a few bob profit. If you bought a cake and stuck into a safety deposit box for a year or two, by the time you open it up, the cake will be manky, and worthless.

So I have to agree with you entirely...  What's the point of having a cake if you don't get to eat it? 

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where Elaine eats a cake that is rather more than a year or two old!

46 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Is Dad and daughter going to go to airport to welcome him on Wednesday? Don’t know who they are but was a fab story whey did it before. 

Saughton jambos I think it was. Went to see the superstar vanecek 😁. Was a great thread that one until we seen him play 😝 .

47 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’d need to keep her off school if I did. If someone knows what time he’s landing then I may do the dutiful and give him the royal welcome. Mind you I think I jinxed our last signing when doing that so don’t want to be known as the Jonah Jambo lol. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

There's another dude from the far east coming to us from Man City, small striker called Kun Agga Werro 

He's a slow cooker I'm told. 

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jet lag my arse. I used to travel to and from the States and had to get on with it. 

He is flying over on business class and will get about 6 hours kip in a flat bed.

He should start. God knows we need a boost and this could be just it. 

He's just got married too.  Knackered imo.  Should be right by xmas.

Int break after this weekend. Good timing for Ryo (and a few others). Save him for next game.

Surely to flumps we've got enough to get past Hamilton at home without him and even Naismith, Souttar n Smith! I know, i know, but surely!!!

20 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Aw ffs another injured player...😀

jambo in iraq
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jet lag my arse. I used to travel to and from the States and had to get on with it. 

He is flying over on business class and will get about 6 hours kip in a flat bed.

He should start. God knows we need a boost and this could be just it. 

you are are risk of injuries due to the dehydration caused to muscle fibers caused by long haul flights and that is a monster flight, not like popping across to the states. I would not be surprised if it is the Motherwell game before he sees any action.

On 24/08/2019 at 01:57, RobNox said:

Me too. I absolutely cannot stand when people use 'of' instead of 'have'.  It's bad enough when people say it, but it grinds my gears even more when they right it down that way (sorry, I meant write it down!)

I can forgive the use of their instead of there instead of they're, or of instead of off, it's instead of its, to instead of too, and so on.  Its easy to make those sort of errors if your typing in a hurry (and before anyone pulls me up, that was deliberate use of its instead of it's and your instead of you're).  But if I read that sentence as I wrote it, it doesn't bother me at all, and I wouldn't think to call someone out on it.

But when I see could of, should of, would of, I fecking despair.  I guess I'm just a grumpy old bass!

Sorry to go back to this but my pet hate at the moment is seeing people type "A went to the pub" or "A know a wee pub". I appreciate that with an Edinburgh accent, the first person singular pronoun can sound a little bit like the first letter of the alphabet. But why do people have to write it like that ? Its a completely different word, meaning something completely different. i know, I know, language evolves. I just wish it would evolve a bit more slowly. 

Edited by londonjambo

23 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I only ever get jet lag when I fly to Japan, never on the way back. Not sure why.

Based on that, we should play him!

Do The Dance

If Man City are paying his flights jet lag will not be a problem. If we are, then better watch out for the DVT.

17 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

Sorry to go back to this but my pet hate at the moment is seeing people type "A went to the pub" or "A know a wee pub". I appreciate that with an Edinburgh accent, the first person singular pronoun can sound a little bit like the first letter of the alphabet. But why do people have to write it like that ? Its a completely different word, meaning something completely different. i know, I know, language evolves. I just wish it would evolve a bit more slowly. 

So, let me tell you about this new annoying way people start sentences...

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

So, let me tell you about this new annoying way people start sentences...

.......or the way some people end a sentence with like, ken or aye.

42 minutes ago, Cheile said:

.......or the way some people end a sentence with like, ken or aye.

Adding eh? on to everything was a strange one. Peculiar to Edinburgh I think and first noticed it in the '90's.

I'll maybe use it at the end of a question such as "that was a good goal, eh?" but not at the end of "I went to the pub last night, eh?" 

My dad used to add "y'know" to the end of everything. 

So, back on topic, Ryotaro Meshino arrives tomorrow, ken. 

Edited by martoon

32 minutes ago, Sagan said:

FB_IMG_1566678702328.jpg

I'm not correcting their grammar though. I'm correcting their spelling. The word "I" is spelled "I" whereas the word "a" is spelled "a". But if what you're saying is that I am OCD or, as its called in Scotland, TNX, then fair enough really. 

40 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

I'm not correcting their grammar though. I'm correcting their spelling. The word "I" is spelled "I" whereas the word "a" is spelled "a". But if what you're saying is that I am OCD or, as its called in Scotland, TNX, then fair enough really. 

And as for ending a sentence with really...  😊