• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Language should never evolve to the extent that it changes the meanings of words and the context of what the person is trying to say. 

In short, they are thick, lazy planks. They say it that way so they write it. What a load of guff.

These clowns that start every sentence with 'So' are pretentious wanks and also those who stick in a 'like' every time they open their gobs really just adds to their thick persona.

Rant over.

Lots of words have evolved their popular meanings though. I used to be such a gay fellow. Not now though which is queer. 

And whilst I tend to agree with you, the same peepul ar not riting evry wurd phonetikly. Just "a", which makes me think its a "thing".

Do we know if his visa was approved yesterday and if he is arriving today? Excited by this signing, is exactly the type of player we need, someone who can inject a bit of excitement at the top end of the pitch and get bums off seats.

Heard he is on astronomical wages at City, obviously we are only picking up a fraction of this but they must rate him pretty highly. 

Be written off by the JKB massive by 5pm Saturday if he plays.

Like a few others I’m looking forward to seeing this fella 

11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Do we know if his visa was approved yesterday and if he is arriving today? Excited by this signing, is exactly the type of player we need, someone who can inject a bit of excitement at the top end of the pitch and get bums off seats.

Heard he is on astronomical wages at City, obviously we are only picking up a fraction of this but they must rate him pretty highly. 

Be astronomical compared to Hearts but I doubt it's big in terms of a City wages.

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Do we know what kind of player he is before we raise expectations of excitement and bums off seats??

Imagine Man City paying astronomical amounts of money for this talent and them, then loaning him out to us and our band of creative football gurus.

End of September- faded after an initial promising start of 3 games. 3goals- put down to "adapting"

End of October- not scored in his last 3 appearances, ended month on the bench

End of November- niggling tight Achilles problem meant reduced game time and some substitute appearances, returned to the Etihad for treatment

December- my money is on a hamstring tear and out for 3 months.

Just in time for the winter window hope our East Asia scouts are hot on the case of the next Tokyo genius.

They must need their heads examined the football world is nuts. Think the only way he'll see the Derby at Christmas is from his hospital bed!

upgotheheads

6 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Imagine Man City paying astronomical amounts of money for this talent and them, then loaning him out to us and our band of creative football gurus.

End of September- faded after an initial promising start of 3 games. 3goals- put down to "adapting"

End of October- not scored in his last 3 appearances, ended month on the bench

End of November- niggling tight Achilles problem meant reduced game time and some substitute appearances, returned to the Etihad for treatment

December- my money is on a hamstring tear and out for 3 months.

Just in time for the winter window hope our East Asia scouts are hot on the case of the next Tokyo genius.

They must need their heads examined the football world is nuts. Think the only way he'll see the Derby at Christmas is from his hospital bed!

Bloody hell! I hope your not a doctor?

23 hours ago, londonjambo said:

Sorry to go back to this but my pet hate at the moment is seeing people type "A went to the pub" or "A know a wee pub". I appreciate that with an Edinburgh accent, the first person singular pronoun can sound a little bit like the first letter of the alphabet. But why do people have to write it like that ? Its a completely different word, meaning something completely different. i know, I know, language evolves. I just wish it would evolve a bit more slowly. 

20 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Language should never evolve to the extent that it changes the meanings of words and the context of what the person is trying to say. 

In short, they are thick, lazy planks. They say it that way so they write it. What a load of guff.

These clowns that start every sentence with 'So' are pretentious wanks and also those who stick in a 'like' every time they open their gobs really just adds to their thick persona.

Rant over.

Bit harsh, Jonno. LJ’s a good egg. :( 

( ;) )

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Absolute Scenes
On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 22:00, Gashauskis9 said:

He’ll arrive jet lagged, sleep himself into a coma and wake up on Xmas morning with a torn ACL.

Decent, was thinking it would be much worse

7 minutes ago, gov said:

We got anyone on plane watch!? 

No point. Probably already torn his calf off the bone thanks to the training kit provided by hearts. 

On 26/08/2019 at 18:53, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Would be little too early to start him against Hamilton due to jet lag.

Depends what time his flight arrives. I fly back and forward to Japan all the time and if my flight gets in during the evening in Edinburgh, I recover a lot quicker. Fingers crossed we see the wee man on the pitch at some time on saturday. 

Hagar the Horrible

When is this guy going to be at Tynecastle with a scarf over his head, or at least tied around it????

For me he is a certain start, he has not trained for a few weeks, had to jet of back to Japan for a visa and to get married, had a honeymoon!  Go through the rigmarole of jetting back to the UK, setting up digs with said new missus?  he will be knackered.  but because he has not trained on our state of the art training facilities, or had  football drummed into him in the CL doctrine,  he will be our fittest player as no injuries will be offered to him yet? and drift over the half way line as he wont have been coached by the Yoko Ono of football?

He will get praised right up to his first pass back to the keeper from the halfway line.

Sorry got caught up in a needless rant, when the fishul unveiling????

37 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

When is this guy going to be at Tynecastle with a scarf over his head, or at least tied around it????

For me he is a certain start, he has not trained for a few weeks, had to jet of back to Japan for a visa and to get married, had a honeymoon!  Go through the rigmarole of jetting back to the UK, setting up digs with said new missus?  he will be knackered.  but because he has not trained on our state of the art training facilities, or had  football drummed into him in the CL doctrine,  he will be our fittest player as no injuries will be offered to him yet? and drift over the half way line as he wont have been coached by the Yoko Ono of football?

He will get praised right up to his first pass back to the keeper from the halfway line.

Sorry got caught up in a needless rant, when the fishul unveiling????

😆

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

No point. Probably already torn his calf off the bone thanks to the training kit provided by hearts. 

Would actually be quite funny 

3 hours ago, gjcc said:

DVT no doubt from the flight.  Should have a stopover in Dubai. 

afanderson33
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wish we knew if he got his Visa and if he is on his way over

Pretty sure everyone would know if he didn't get a visa.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Pretty sure everyone would know if he didn't get a visa.

True, but the issue seems to be the delay in issuing it.

afanderson33
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

True, but the issue seems to be the delay in issuing it.

Media reports said he was arriving today, not sure what news you want other than Hearts announcing the signing?

4 hours ago, gov said:

We got anyone on plane watch!? 

No point if he left Japan today as it'd be tomorrow he'll arrive at the earliest

TyphoonJambo

Sorry wrong thread

Edited by TypoonJambo

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Would actually be quite funny 

Eh, no it wouldnt actually.

Strange thing to say even in jest. :cornette_dog:

Walter Burns
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's because half the pricks on here want him to be a failure before hes even kicked a ball for us.....just so the can have a go at the manager or coaching staff or medical staff....any one or all it doesn't matter....sad ****s..

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

No point if he left Japan today as it'd be tomorrow he'll arrive at the earliest

Why would it take that long .I flew from Osaka a couple of years ago .Japan I think is about 7 hours ahead of us .Osaka to Amsterdam is a 10 1/2 HR flight  then just over an hour to Edinburgh .so he could possibly leave Japan at 10am their time and still be in Edinburgh in early evening the same day

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Only joking

but it would just sum us up if it did happen 

24 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Only joking

but it would just sum us up if it did happen 

You are a strange man. 🙄

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Why would it take that long .I flew from Osaka a couple of years ago .Japan I think is about 7 hours ahead of us .Osaka to Amsterdam is a 10 1/2 HR flight  then just over an hour to Edinburgh .so he could possibly leave Japan at 10am their time and still be in Edinburgh in early evening the same day

Flight from Osaka arrived in Amsterdam at 15:05 (Netherlands time) today. As it would be a with KLM he could’ve then got on the flight arriving at 16:45 but that would’ve been a push. IF he’s arriving today and IF he’s on that route then the next KLM flight into Edinburgh from Amsterdam arrives 21:35. 👀

(Of course he could be flying into Manchester first for all we know)

Still not arrived. Will be here before the weekend. A Japanese version of the website also being launched. Ann Budge in EEN interview.

23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Still not arrived. Will be here before the weekend. A Japanese version of the website also being launched. Ann Budge in EEN interview.

A Japanese version of the website seems a bit OTT. Nice we are making an effort but are we over-egging the interest in Meshino in his homeland?

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A Japanese version of the website seems a bit OTT. Nice we are making an effort but are we over-egging the interest in Meshino in his homeland?

After the over hyping of Clare and Vanecek I think it’s best to reserve judgement until we see him play.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why not try these things? It will hardly cost much - Japanese are fanatics about a lot of things, football being one. Them searching Google or whatever and our site coming up with a hit because it is a Japanese version is only a good thing surely to god whether or not we have a Japanese player at the club.

The value of a minuscule cost of Japanese translation will be apparent within 12 months.

People need some perspective and not snipe about everything the club does.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

After the over hyping of Clare and Vanecek I think it’s best to reserve judgement until we see him play.

Really..then complain if he does well that we weren't prepared...you can't lose!

2 minutes ago, geomac said:

Really..then complain if he does well that we weren't prepared...you can't lose!

Eh....OK then

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why not try these things? It will hardly cost much - Japanese are fanatics about a lot of things, football being one. Them searching Google or whatever and our site coming up with a hit because it is a Japanese version is only a good thing surely to god whether or not we have a Japanese player at the club.

The value of a minuscule cost of Japanese translation will be apparent within 12 months.

People need some perspective and not snipe about everything the club does.

We should start getting Austin to do press conferences and post match interviews in Japanese, start a Hearts TV Japan channel

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not if we sell a few hundred shirts with Meshino on the back.

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Indeed. Always good advice. 

Unknown user
45 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know what you're saying but IT is Budge's game, she has access to the people and tech. It'll cost next to nothing to get up and running so why not?