Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Eh....OK then

Eh ok then............ - CfS - what was your previous name again? just changed for a laugh?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, geomac said:

Eh ok then............ - CfS - what was your previous name again? just changed for a laugh?

Thomaso - already given my reason for the change previously - keep up!

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Still not arrived. Will be here before the weekend. A Japanese version of the website also being launched. Ann Budge in EEN interview.

Here's the link for those interested

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-plan-closer-links-with-man-city-after-compliment-of-aaron-hickey-interest-1-4993192/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Says it wont be full website. But will provides updates for Japanese fans

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Thomaso - already given my reason for the change previously - keep up!

Remind us all. Genuinely don’t remember.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It’s a really good, cheap way of making sure we harness any possible increase in interest from a country that produced one of our players.

I’ve loved Japanese things since I was a kid. I like sketching, and I loved Manga Mania magazine back in the day. I used to draw that stuff every day like it was going out of fashion.

I was also the generation where Nintendo and Sega landed. I could probably still beat every single poster on this website at Street Fighter II. I love Japan and Japanese things so much, I tried to learn some of the language as a teenager, because I wanted to go there. Suffice to say it was a very long time ago, and I didn’t master it. 

Staying on the language thing for a minute or two; when I worked at the IGMM I was pals with a Japanese laddie called Hiro. He was doing a phd with us. He moved here without learning a word of English, and just learnt to speak it at the same time as doing his phd. Lot of respect for that. 👍

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

“Hearts plan to develop closer links with Manchester City after owner Ann Budge declared that their interest in Aaron Hickey is a huge compliment.

I’m a bit confused. I read somewhere that Hibs were the new Manchester City of Scotland.

I’m even more confused by the quote below. Flumps on howsyoursister.net insist that we have to pre-book and get in the queue if we want to use our facilities.

Maybe life would be easier if we moved our academy to a pig farm in the middle of nowhere, and maybe eventually, one day, we could become the Forest Green of Scotland.

City sending a player to Hearts – one who reportedly cost them a seven-figure sum from Gamba Osaka earlier this month – is a genuine source of pride within Tynecastle.

“Correct. It’s a reflection of the training facilities we have, the way we look after the players. So these are things we obviously try to promote,” said Budge.

:winkiss:

Jambo in Japan
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Staying on the language thing for a minute or two; when I worked at the IGMM I was pals with a Japanese laddie called Hiro. He was doing a phd with us. He moved here without learning a word of English, and just learnt to speak it at the same time as doing his phd. Lot of respect for that. 👍

What a small world...

I was out drinking in Kyoto a couple of weeks ago when travelling, and was approached by an excited (and a bit drunk) Japanese man named Hiro keen to show off his English.. it quickly transpired that he studied in Edinburgh and we had a lot to talk about. I wonder if it's the same guy.. he did say he was a Celtic fan though!

1 hour ago, Jambo in Japan said:

What a small world...

I was out drinking in Kyoto a couple of weeks ago when travelling, and was approached by an excited (and a bit drunk) Japanese man named Hiro keen to show off his English.. it quickly transpired that he studied in Edinburgh and we had a lot to talk about. I wonder if it's the same guy.. he did say he was a Celtic fan though!

The guy I know was drunk after one bottle of Budweiser. :lol:

He went to a few games to watch Nakamura, and found himself on a few supporters buses for that lot.

Captain Lithuania

Heard he’s been trying to get in to Tynecastle but he can’t get in the door due to loads of Japan flags and replica third kits with his name and number on them blocking it. 

Jambo in Japan
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He went to a few games to watch Nakamura, and found himself on a few supporters buses for that lot.

That must be him :lol:

Ex Currie Hearts lad living in Japan and still following Hearts fortunes also involved in football has never heard of him, big place mind.

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ex Currie Hearts lad living in Japan and still following Hearts fortunes also involved in football has never heard of him, big place mind.

As long as your pal is not the current Gamba Osaka manager, I think we’re ok.

Dalstonjambo
7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

If a football fan living in Japan hasn't heard of a Japanese footballer who has signed for Man City I would question his level of engagement.   

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There's a reason for that...

As humans evolved we turned away from drinking water, which could contain all sorts of sick making parasites, germs, etc

In Europe we tended to turn towards beer as a day to day drink, the fermentation process and alcohol content killed most nasties. In Asia, they turned towards tea, where the boiling of the water did the same thing.

And now, centuries later, we have an alcohol tolerance built up over many many generations that most asians just don't have. 

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Remind us all. Genuinely don’t remember.

Retired. Change of PC. Homage to my hero.

Can't be assed checking but I have a vague memory of when the website was relaunched a year or two back, that included a couple of foreign language options, with the then plan of maybe developing more.

Just makes sense.

But also could be seen as a waste of money, like the light lamps for the pitch, the loans manager and Leveins 12 wages.

The way I see it, if a Japanese wants to read about Scottish things, they should learn to read Scottish.  Ryotaro Mechino was fair scunnert on the weekend, when the ref did heehaw aboot thon McKinnon blootering him up the erchie and gettin right up in his pus aw the time.  The wee man looked deid scared.  That walloper Madden is aboot as welcome at Tynie as a fart in a spacesuit.  A tanner baw player like wee Ryo needs protecshun.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

The coverage of football, even the top division in the JLeague in Japan is abysmal!. I'm not surprised he hasn't heard of him. He only played a few first team matches for Gamba Osaka. Many of the top japanese players are already playing in Europe. If Man City have signed him though, the boy must be a bit okay. :ninja:

Meshino planned to arrive in Edinburgh last night but travel plans were changed at the last minute.

He is now attempting to get to Scotland before the weekend.

His visa and work permit are both understood to be in place.

Seymour M Hersh
14 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Meshino planned to arrive in Edinburgh last night but travel plans were changed at the last minute.

Are you trying to read like a Barry Anderson piece for a reason? :laugh:

14 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

This is 1919 and sometimes travel can be disrupted especially tryng to get to Edinburgh from a country on the other side of the world. Oh wait a minute it's 2019 anyway maybe the agent, club, player should just announce that the player has arrived when he arrives which saves all this tripe about where he is and when he's expected.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

This is 1919 and sometimes travel can be disrupted especially tryng to get to Edinburgh from a country on the other side of the world. Oh wait a minute it's 2019 anyway maybe the agent, club, player should just announce that the player has arrived when he arrives which saves all this tripe about where he is and when he's expected.

But if he hasn't arrived yet there will be nothing to say.

I'm sure that club will announce he has signed after he signs

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But if he hasn't arrived yet there will be nothing to say.

I'm sure that club will announce he has signed after he signs

I want them to say something even when there is nothing to say.

I want a GPS tracker on potential signings so I know exactly where they are at all times.

Telling us we’ve signed someone after we’ve signed them pffft!

Jambo 4 Ever

Reminds me of the hype of players line oshiwana, vancek, el-hasnoui...

we will have to wait and see what he really is like 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Reminds me of the hype of players line oshiwana, vancek, el-hasnoui...

we will have to wait and see what he really is like 

except none of them had been signed by man city

This strikes me as a marquee signing.  That been said, a few years ago I would have bought big industrial tissues in response to the news. We then had players like Pinilla through the years then the industrial tissues became a standard box of Kleenex.  then after Juwon the standard box of kleenex became a small travel pack of 'Handy Andy's'.  Now at this stage, news of this boys arrival has me reaching for a small pack of screen wipes from PC world.

As always however I hope this will be one big 

:clumshot:

Written off before he's even arrived seems like the natural progression of things.      We'll be writing them off in the womb eventually.     

Foetus gtf.   

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

There's a reason for that...

As humans evolved we turned away from drinking water, which could contain all sorts of sick making parasites, germs, etc

In Europe we tended to turn towards beer as a day to day drink, the fermentation process and alcohol content killed most nasties. In Asia, they turned towards tea, where the boiling of the water did the same thing.

And now, centuries later, we have an alcohol tolerance built up over many many generations that most asians just don't have. 

Exactly - its genetic, Europeans can produce an enzyme that helps in the breakdown of alcohol where generally in an oriental population the gene to make that enzyme is missing.

Evolution in action

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Written off before he's even arrived seems like the natural progression of things.      We'll be writing them off in the womb eventually.     

Foetus gtf.   

We can even do better than that Vic.  We seem to be spunking shed loads of money against the wall on dud players so technically written off even before it gets to the fetus stage.

6 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Evolution in action

De-evolution.  Are we not men? 

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We can even do better than that Vic.  We seem to be spunking shed loads of money against the wall on dud players so technically written off even before it gets to the fetus stage.

Bookaki gtf then

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yer probably right I8.    Thankfully we're devoting more money towards the bursds team now so we'll maybe see some results there.

:davebp:

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Connor Randall was signed by Liverpool - doesn’t make him any better than average

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Retired. Change of PC. Homage to my hero.

I was going to ask if you were involved with the GQS upgrade as well ... 

Enjoy retirement :thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yer probably right I8.    Thankfully we're devoting more money towards the bursds team now so we'll maybe see some results there.

Naughty naughty, but... 😆

54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This strikes me as a marquee signing.  That been said, a few years ago I would have bought big industrial tissues in response to the news. We then had players like Pinilla through the years then the industrial tissues became a standard box of Kleenex.  then after Juwon the standard box of kleenex became a small travel pack of 'Handy Andy's'.  Now at this stage, news of this boys arrival has me reaching for a small pack of screen wipes from PC world.

As always however I hope this will be one big 

:clumshot:

I'm hoping this lad is a big hit with Hearts as for calling this as a marquee signing has me thinking about 

Clare and the build up to him signing because many on JKB were going on about him being to good for 

Hearts now how wrong were they.

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Foetus gtf.   

It's the way it goes.

Sign players from lower leagues in England - "he will do nothing, I am underwhelmed"

Sign someone with a bit of a buzz about them "he will be rubbish like Vanecek and Oshaniwa."

...a bit disco
21 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

De-evolution.  Are we not men? 

Niche AND retro.

:thumbsup:

Johnny Sandiego
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Connor Randall was signed by Liverpool - doesn’t make him any better than average

Thats like comparing apples and orangies though.

Connor Randall was signed by Liverpool as an 8 year old and came through the ranks. By the time he developed it was clear he wasnt going to be a PL player.

Meshino is 21/22 and has been scouted and bought by City only this month. That would suggest the City scouts feel he is a player capable of making the step up to top level football.

As another poster said, from your posts across this thread and others, it appears you dont have a clue.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:ruiner:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Foetus gtf.   

Mad Foetus oot?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Ageypong and Barker didn’t do much at Hibs,Smith-Brown didn’t for us. Patrick Roberts and Jason Denayer did well at Celtic. City have a lot of players, here’s hoping this guy is one of the better ones.

59 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I was going to ask if you were involved with the GQS upgrade as well ... 

Enjoy retirement :thumbsup:

Cheers 👍