Tierney to Arsenal

Special Agent Dale Cooper

He's a good player with the Celtic behavioural tinge.

But I think he's going to have constant problems with his hips, groin and back.  He's got a rolling gait running style which will put too much pressure on his joints.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Special Agent Dale Cooper

• Bazzas right boot

• Inch Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

And F off should be the reply, unless they stump up a hefty fee.

This 

Hopefully we have him on a long deal 

I'm pleased he has moved for a large fee.

It could go either way:

He does well and the fee paid is worth it, making Scottish footballers more valuable.

Or, he fails and does the opposite and English clubs become even more wary.

I still think leaving the EU will have a huge say on transfer fees within the UK soon.

FWIW - I think he will be injured most of the time.

manaliveits105

Hope Arsenal tell them to do one 

Tierney woud be back up the road within 18 months

jumping in the air and squealing wont cut it away from Darkheid

The Treasurer

I'm not saying that he isn't a good player but if he was with any other club in Scotland you'd be lucky if he went for £2-3M.

If only our media would build up other clubs players like they do with the arse-cheeks then our game would have a lot more money coming in, allowing clubs to improve.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. Ten in a row means **** all to a serious football supporter. It’d be like me taking on my daughter’s nursery class at boxing ten times, and then celebrating as if I’d achieved something remarkable. Nobody cares Celtic... nobody cares.

Did you though!?

Celtic have done brilliantly here.

He's good and has potential to be better but he's not as good as they think.

He's not great when up against a pacy winger with no support. There are question marks over his fitness/ injuries.

Celtic fans getting angry are crazy.

SuperstarSteve

If Celtic qualify for champions league groups they will have banked 55 million 😂

clubs in scotland better stay strong because bids are incoming. 

Taylor from killie being the first. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 minute ago, Glottis said:

Celtic have done brilliantly here.

He's good and has potential to be better but he's not as good as they think.

He's not great when up against a pacy winger with no support. There are question marks over his fitness/ injuries.

Celtic fans getting angry are crazy.

Exactly, £25 million is excellent business for them and will help them strengthen in other areas in their pursuit of ten in a row

They get angry because they cant understand why people like Rodgers and Tierney have ambitions beyond winning ten titles in a row in a league with effectively no real competition

19 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Did you though!?

Did nine in a row, and then this insanely big pre-schooler took me down -seconds from glory- by rattling my coupon with a tricycle.

chester copperpot

These moron Celtic fans ripping in to Tierney seem to forget that he is in no way pushing for a move through to Arsenal.

At no point has he bashed on Lennons door asking to leave. If anything he is a bit worried about moving down South. 

Celtic are delighted as they are seeing at that they are no longer a middle man for players going for big bucks ala VVD and Wanyama 

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

These moron Celtic fans ripping in to Tierney seem to forget that he is in no way pushing for a move through to Arsenal.

At no point has he bashed on Lennons door asking to leave. If anything he is a bit worried about moving down South. 

Celtic are delighted as they are seeing at that they are no longer a middle man for players going for big bucks ala VVD and Wanyama 

At no point up here did I look at VVD and expect him to go on to be the player he now is.

Tierney could end up much better in a few years with some proper testing and competition.

I rate him highly

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Jumping in the air and squealing is a regular occurrence in EPL, so I think he'll be fine.

Plus he's a very good footballer.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

At no point up here did I look at VVD and expect him to go on to be the player he now is.

Tierney could end up much better in a few years with some proper testing and competition.

I rate him highly

I like him as a player and he's a smashing lad despite what people see on the football park.

Done a lot of good stuff for the local schools and football clubs around where he stays. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

He will get rinsed in the epl and £25mil is a huge amount of money for Celtic 

they can buy 8 players with that with calibre 

bad news for the rest of the league 

good for Scotland he is playing at the top level though assuming he does play as I still think he will be found out for being too small and frail without enough ability to compensate 

the Celtic fans saying they sold him too cheaply are off their heads. Some claim he is better than Robertson 🤪

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I like him as a player and he's a smashing lad despite what people see on the football park.

Done a lot of good stuff for the local schools and football clubs around where he stays. 

Totally, but who would have thought he would become the best defender in the world, which is the level he is at presently?

Not I , for one.

Given a couple of good seasons injury free in the EPL and KT could be worth £40 million or so.

What do we think Andy Robertson is worth now? £80 million?

doctor jambo
Just now, wallace_mercer said:

He will get rinsed in the epl and £25mil is a huge amount of money for Celtic 

they can buy 8 players with that with calibre 

bad news for the rest of the league 

good for Scotland he is playing at the top level though assuming he does play as I still think he will be found out for being too small and frail without enough ability to compensate 

the Celtic fans saying they sold him too cheaply are off their heads. Some claim he is better than Robertson 🤪

With £25 million Celtic could buy an entire new team that would finish second in the league only to themselves.

That is pretty worrying

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Totally, but who would have thought he would become the best defender in the world, which is the level he is at presently?

Not I , for one.

Given a couple of good seasons injury free in the EPL and KT could be worth £40 million or so.

What do we think Andy Robertson is worth now? £80 million?

Certainly more than the 8m Liverpool paid for him that's for sure. :D

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

What's Hickeys contract like?

Can see those Rats coming for him as a replacement no doubt as cheap as they can get him 

Good as Hickey is do you think those animals would be happy if they replaced their "star defender" with a 17 year old that's played half a dozen games ?

The Internet
40 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Certainly more than the 8m Liverpool paid for him that's for sure. :D

And they sold a lad called Kevin Stewart to Hull at the same time for the same price. Basically a free transfer :lol:

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

If Celtic qualify for champions league groups they will have banked 55 million 😂

clubs in scotland better stay strong because bids are incoming. 

Taylor from killie being the first. 

I believe it’s £40m for Champions League qualification now! That would give them £65m and they might sell Ajer or Ntcham soon. Frightened financial gap.

It's probably a fair price in that market and the higher Scottish players sell for in England the better for future transfers for us. 

The only way he is going to develop as a player is away from Celtic and hopefully Scotland benefit in the longer term. 

As people have mentioned the obvious downside is Celtic becoming even richer but tbh they are so far removed from us now it's pointless worrying about that. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

this insanely big pre-schooler took me down -seconds from glory- by rattling my coupon with a tricycle.

:pleasing:

Heartsofgold
54 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Good as Hickey is do you think those animals would be happy if they replaced their "star defender" with a 17 year old that's played half a dozen games ?

I think Tierney was 17 when he made his Celtic debut.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I think Tierney was 17 when he made his Celtic debut.

He wasn't replacing someone they had just sold for £25M

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing:

I'll always have that nine in a row to tell the grand-kids about though. I'm going to get nine stars tattooed on my forehead as a memento.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

He wasn't replacing someone they had just sold for £25M

But he did displace an International player who was highly rated at the time.

13 hours ago, Bighenry said:

Celtic have plenty tucked away! They are absolutely miles ahead financially anyway. 

Celtic have already revealed plans for a hotel and other facilities at Celtic Park, they may clear most of (if not all) loans they had taken out in the past and be able to continue their commercial expansion. They also have submitted plans to redevelop Barrowfield training ground for their youth academy.

I suspect that they have already planned how they are spending a lot of their money and they may not have the massive reserves we fear. This doesn't change the fact that they still can outspend every SPFL team by some distance.

HoChiMinter
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I don't watch much English football, but...there's a ****load of jumpingin the air and squealing, is there not? 

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

But he did displace an International player who was highly rated at the time.

My point is that those animals will not be happy at the prospect of replacing their "star" with a relatively untried youngster from another Scottish club.

Hopefully it's all hypothetical anyway, as I'd like to see Hickey develop with us before getting a big money move down south

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

My point is that those animals will not be happy at the prospect of replacing their "star" with a relatively untried youngster from another Scottish club.

Hopefully it's all hypothetical anyway, as I'd like to see Hickey develop with us before getting a big money move down south

100% agree mate.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Definitely not a starter for them granted but Hickeys as good a player as I've seen come through at Hearts in my time at least, and Celtic will see him as a cheap option for the future left back spot 

SuperstarSteve
46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I believe it’s £40m for Champions League qualification now! That would give them £65m and they might sell Ajer or Ntcham soon. Frightened financial gap.

Even scarier that some people think challenging them is ever gonna happen.

If tierney is a success and clubs are now buying from them directly for big bucks they will be trying to tie up all Scottish prospects for cheap, knowing a season or two later they will be sold for big bucks. 

Dalstonjambo
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not saying that he isn't a good player but if he was with any other club in Scotland you'd be lucky if he went for £2-3M.

If only our media would build up other clubs players like they do with the arse-cheeks then our game would have a lot more money coming in, allowing clubs to improve.

Absolutely spot on.

11 hours ago, Biguche said:

An unbelievable fee for a player whose hips are made of Weetabix. Will be interesting to see if he passes the medical.

All confirmed

He’ll be back speaking to Si Ferry about no being able to get blue MD20/20 in London and living off tomato pasta by 2021. 

9 hours ago, kimosavi said:

What's Hickeys contract like?

Can see those Rats coming for him as a replacement no doubt as cheap as they can get him 

Hickey is not that good.  Mind you, it would not stop them hovering him up for Lennoxtown and he is not seen for a few seasons.  They will likely buy an experienced LB for circa £10M and deposit the rest, obviously depending on the payment terms.

3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Hickey is not that good.  Mind you, it would not stop them hovering him up for Lennoxtown and he is not seen for a few seasons.  They will likely buy an experienced LB for circa £10M and deposit the rest, obviously depending on the payment terms.

hickey was in the celtic youth teams for a couple of years before he came back to us

Bazzas right boot

He's a good left back and could become better. 

A good sold left back is hard to find. 

If he'd been a rb, he'd have been a £10m player, but a good left is hard to find. 

Imo he'll instantly upgrade Arsenal at Lb, he's also able to fill in at left centre back, again left footed centre half's are quite rare. 

Celtic have got a wad tho, unbelievable the money gap, the only good thing is that they should keep distance from rangers who will burn out trying to catch them. 

Celtic could, in theory win say, 28/29 out of 30 trophies if you project over the next 7 years. 

It will be boring at some point. 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Hopefully it's all hypothetical anyway, as I'd like to see Hickey develop with us and win a bucketload of trophies in a maroon jersey over a glorious one-club career

FTFY 😏

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I'll always have that nine in a row to tell the grand-kids about though. I'm going to get nine stars tattooed on my forehead as a memento.

Hopefully you'll be seeing stars when your grand-kids will hit you with their tricycles too.

:sweeet:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hopefully your grand-kids will hit you with their tricycles too.

:sweeet:

Thought my 4 y/o was going to do something like that just five minutes ago, because she wanted to play Crash Bandicoot. Some lunatic gave her an ice lolly at nursery with orange colouring in it... 

It’s pleasant reading Celtic fans comments on social media just now . “ I pure canny believe it man. He said he wis wan o us. Pure traitor in Nat no.A  Rat like Rogers . Could huv goat immortality wi 10 in a row pumping Ross county, Hamilton n St mirren. Pure shockin man. The selic  are a bigger club man. ..... melts 

Edited by Bighenry

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thought my 4 y/o was going to do something like that just five minutes ago, because she wanted to play Crash Bandicoot. Some lunatic gave her an ice lolly at nursery with orange colouring in it... 

Irn Bru and apple juice turn my niece into a psychotic arsehole.

Is this what I have to look forward to?

:(

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Irn Bru and apple juice turn my niece into a psychotic arsehole.

Is this what I have to look forward to?

:(

Hope so. :smuggy:

When I was a kid I used to get hyperactive from some sort of colouring called tartrazine. Totally wired, and uncontrollable. Seems like it must run in the family. ☹️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry