Tierney to Arsenal

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

I fear they may come calling for Hickey. 

Probably already have done and been told where to go 👍🏻

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Special Agent Dale Cooper

• Bazzas right boot

• Inch Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Hope so. 🤞🏻

If so hopefully he can replace that underrated genius, Mulgrew :jj_facepalm: 

28 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

I fear they may come calling for Hickey. 

Think they are signing a lb from Brentford for £7m 

Think it is great to see Scottish players going for reasonable fees as well as an interest when watching the premier league.

the funny thing is Scotland now have a £25m left back that is second choice in our national team 😂

it also increases bids for Scottish players and although not great Celtic have more money realistically we will never catch Celtic unless we mass produce world class youngsters all in the same season

He is now seen as a 'kiddy on Celtic fan' by some.....one of their own no longer it seems !!😛

@rrrrogan: "Tommy Burns, Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay, Paul Lambert leaving the European cup winners to ensure Celtic stopped the 10, Scott Brown - that’s real legends. Kieran “I’d sign for 10 years if I could” Tierney will fade away into obscurity, a total kiddy-on Celtic man."

@iaind93: "No celtic ‘fan’ leaves 2 years before 10, rat."

@TheMireCSC2002: "Tierney & Rodgers no much difference at all, Not a chance you walk out on the chance of immortality and 10 in a row. Megaphone for sale."

@Cr02887062: "Clear as day now that Tierney has not been injured, and wasn't being played as he was engineering a move and couldn't be risked in case of injury. Has anyone seen him on crutches?"

@pauldoc__: "If tierney goes to arsenal he’s worse than Rodgers and hope his hip f**** his career

Great to see their scumbag fans raging about this. £25 million is a great deal for Celtic. Not convinced that he is very good. He was notably awful when we hammered them 4-0.

Big Slim Stylee
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He is now seen as a 'kiddy on Celtic fan' by some.....one of their own no longer it seems !!😛

@rrrrogan: "Tommy Burns, Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay, Paul Lambert leaving the European cup winners to ensure Celtic stopped the 10, Scott Brown - that’s real legends. Kieran “I’d sign for 10 years if I could” Tierney will fade away into obscurity, a total kiddy-on Celtic man."

@TheMireCSC2002: "Tierney & Rodgers no much difference at all, Not a chance you walk out on the chance of immortality and 10 in a row. Megaphone for sale."

@Cr02887062: "Clear as day now that Tierney has not been injured, and wasn't being played as he was engineering a move and couldn't be risked in case of injury. Has anyone seen him on crutches?"

@pauldoc__: "If tierney goes to arsenal he’s worse than Rodgers and hope his hip f**** his career

Charming they are. Absolutely charming.

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Back up the road homesick next season.

Not allowed to wear his Celtic tap to the airport for Euro games so will be in the huff. 

Nothing personal, but that is a load of rubbish.

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Only reason Scott Brown never left is that he accepted the easy life.

Nowhere near good enough for a move down south, would've been found out very quickly

Good move for him. Celtic planning on building a new training facility and hotel at Celtic park so could go towards this. Also the main stand is ancient so could upgrade that or pay Celtic bc compensation. 

Just now, Jeff said:

Nowhere near good enough for a move down south, would've been found out very quickly

Dunno about that, prime he was a better player than the likes of McArthur and McCarthy. He was never going to go the Wigan/Cardiff route from Celtic. The likes of Villa/Newcastle should have been in for him from Hibs in 07. 

Celtic fans have missed their place in the world being playing 4 qualifiers in the Champions League. 

Good for laughs though.

Sexton Hardcastle

The state of their fans turning on him like they did with BR.

No doubt singing about bullets from the IRA within days.

Strange bunch.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Don’t get why the selling of a celtic player has to discussed, too many people with too much time on their hands. I bet the celtic forum are in a lather about the two midfielders we’re supposed to be mulling over, get real......

Edited by GM8201

tokyowalnut
4 minutes ago, GM8201 said:

Don’t get why the selling of a celtic player has to discussed, too many people with too much time on their hands. I bet the celtic forum are in a lather about the two midfielders we’re supposed to be mulling over, get real......

It's a bit of a change from all the Levein chat/negative pish that is all over the Terrace. It's also relevant to Hearts, and other Scottish teams. If English clubs get value from our league we are more likely to sell for bigger prices.

He is now the most expensive Scottish player, there's quite a bit to discuss on a football forum. 

brunoatemyhamster

How very dare he want to prove he's better than playing Hamilton away in early January once Celtic are out of Europe!

Celtic supporters are quite right to be furious that he's made the club £25 million clear and tripled his wages! 

Who do these young players think they are nowaday? 

Remember when Anton Rogan turned down a £25m move to Barcelona cause he was celtic daft? 

They were the days. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

BBC reporting Sellik have accepted £25m from Arsenal for Tierney. How are other clubs gonna keep up with Celtic financially, going forward?

The gap is continually widening. It'll be interesting to see how much we value Souttar at when bids start coming in...

It makes no difference if Celtic are 20m or 100m richer than us. No-one other than Rangers can ever catch Celtic financially and I'd rather Celtic stretch away than we go back to the OF "two-horse race" pantomime every year. Plus Rangers could put themselves in financial trouble again by trying to catch Celtic financially which could be good for the rest of the league. Hopefully we can benefit next time the way Aberdeen did.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It makes no difference if Celtic are 20m or 100m richer than us. No-one other than Rangers can ever catch Celtic financially and I'd rather Celtic stretch away than we go back to the OF "two-horse race" pantomime every year. Plus Rangers could put themselves in financial trouble again by trying to catch Celtic financially which could be good for the rest of the league. Hopefully we can benefit next time the way Aberdeen did.

This. 

brunoatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This guy gets it. 

Long term, Celtic qualifying for the CL and selling 25m players is a good thing for everyone other than Sevco. 

The can't compete now, and another 50 60 million will make 10 in a row inevitable. 

Won't stop sevco fans demanding a challenge. 

Pile the pressure massively on them. 

How many Sevconians will hang around when it gets to 11 12 13?

We can't compete when they don't qualify or sell 25m players. 

It more important we play our cards right and be ready to capitalise when the time comes. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Been on this page for a few years. 

Don't want them to win a thing, not make the europa league stages, over spend to try and stop 10, ultimately fail and everyone loses interest at the club. 

Quite a long game but very possible 

TweedbankJambo
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

That last one is the proper celtic way. 

Any Celtic player with ambition would want to move to a decent league like the EPL or La Liga.

I'm surprised Forrest hasn't been targetted tbh.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Been on this page for a few years. 

Don't want them to win a thing, not make the europa league stages, over spend to try and stop 10, ultimately fail and everyone loses interest at the club. 

Quite a long game but very possible 

Plus Celtic will accelerate attempts to get into some sort of other league when they can't close the gap in Europe, hopefully taking Rangers with them as they do seem to like to stick together. Then hey presto we have a competitive league in Scotland with 3-5 possible league winners.

brunoatemyhamster
11 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

That last one is the proper celtic way. 

It's a belter. 

I hope his hip knackers him too,

Knowing that he won't give a flying **** because he's just signed a deal Celtic could only dream of giving him that's set him up for life. 

He can watch 10 in a row from London with his bank manager.or met Brendan and they can watch it together. 

Obviously joking about the hip. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Immortal for winning 10 in a row in a "competition" that's not even two bald men fighting over a comb anymore. It's just one bald man driving a Ford Fiesta trying to stay ahead of 11 bald men on scooters.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

BBC reporting Sellik have accepted £25m from Arsenal for Tierney. How are other clubs gonna keep up with Celtic financially, going forward?

The gap is continually widening. It'll be interesting to see how much we value Souttar at when bids start coming in...

Thankfully we don't need to compete financially. 

It's a fact of life that Celtic and the Rangers have more income than us, but all it takes is for us to have a good season and them to have bad ones.

If we're able to produce players of high enough quality we can maximise our chances of being in the mix when those clubs falter.

It's inevitable, one day someone else is going to win that league. It should be us. 

54 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Any Celtic player with ambition would want to move to a decent league like the EPL or La Liga.

I'm surprised Forrest hasn't been targetted tbh.

Forrest is 28 and is inconsistent as buggery and nowhere near as talented.

He would goto QPR or somewhere similar.

3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Good luck to the lad. Hope he goes down there and is brilliant. Don't get why anyone would want him to fail.

Because there is a certain percentage of people that are thick as shit 

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Probably already have done and been told where to go 👍🏻

Indeed 👍🏻

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Couldn't care less if he goes to the moon.  Why is there a thread.

A Scottish player just went for £25m, why wouldn't there be a thread! 

3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Forrest is 28 and is inconsistent as buggery and nowhere near as talented.

He would goto QPR or somewhere similar.

Jings... I thought he was only about 22...

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, GM8201 said:

Well obviously it doesn't have to be discussed but as this is a general football forum then it's a fairly reasonable expectation that a Scottish player (imo massively overhyped by the weejie media) going for what will be a Scottish record fee will be discussed. 

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Indeed. Ten in a row means **** all to a serious football supporter. It’d be like me taking on my daughter’s nursery class at boxing ten times, and then celebrating as if I’d achieved something remarkable. Nobody cares Celtic... nobody cares.

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Immortal for winning 10 in a row in a "competition" that's not even two bald men fighting over a comb anymore. It's just one bald man driving a Ford Fiesta trying to stay ahead of 11 bald men on scooters.

That was my thought on that outpouring of bile; who, outside of the bigot brothers cares about 10 in a row?

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That was my thought on that outpouring of bile; who, outside of the bigot brothers cares about 10 in a row?

Nobody. Not one person. As meaningless as the Sevco badge stars.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

So you could read the title, open it and comment on it. 

Салатные палочки
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Dunno about that, prime he was a better player than the likes of McArthur and McCarthy. He was never going to go the Wigan/Cardiff route from Celtic. The likes of Villa/Newcastle should have been in for him from Hibs in 07. 

I'm sure Spurs came in with £8m for him as soon as he signed for Celtic but they knocked it back. Could have made £4m on a player who hadn't even stamped on a knee in anger for them. 

Enzo Chiefo

They seem to forget that 10 in a row is only an obsession with Old Firm fans. The rest of Scottish football isn't interested in it. Even Celtic die hards like Tierney, and Rogers, to a lesser extent,  aren't going to sacrifice the chance to move to a top league, to wait around for 10 in a row. Something the Sellick gans don't seem to understand.

Fwiw, I think Tierney will be as good as Andrew Robertson once he gets the EPL experience. 

Haringshairband
8 hours ago, GM8201 said:

Football fans in being interested in their league shocker. I'm like a sponge when it comes to Scottish football as a whole. I mainly read about Hearts but it would be ignorant not to know what's going on within the league.

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

He is a Scottish footballer leaving for a massive fee?

What's Hickeys contract like?

Can see those Rats coming for him as a replacement no doubt as cheap as they can get him 

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

What's Hickeys contract like?

Can see those Rats coming for him as a replacement no doubt as cheap as they can get him 

And F off should be the reply, unless they stump up a hefty fee.