Jump to content

Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)


Roman1874

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • BarneyBattles44

    109

  • Victorian

    53

  • Notts1874

    53

  • Morgan

    52

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

"The manager was crucial"👀

 

Yup. That's an interesting quote, fair play to Levein he is a bit of a coup

 

You can see why he signed and why we wanted him to. He'll demand the ball and push us on in games. I predict this will be the signing of the summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:clap: Well done, Hearts.

 

Well done also to Mr Levein, who seems to have played a very big part in this coup.

 

How’s the transfer window treating you, Hibs?  :biggrin:

 

 

 

What's the deathrows like on poop.net ? . maybe in their usual hide out. Bed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

So Levein is just trying to sign his way out this mess, fantastic.

 

What else should he do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:clap: Well done, Hearts.

 

Well done also to Mr Levein, who seems to have played a very big part in this coup.

 

How’s the transfer window treating you, Hibs?  :biggrin:

 

 

Yes well done Hearts.

 

I would however say that it is  Mr Leveins job to play a big part in the signing. It is in his dual role job descriptions.

 

I am also of the opinion that CL has been working very hard for a good few months lining up new personnel for this season and do not think that the last 2 or 3 weeks have been completely a knee jerk reaction. Just my opinion mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
KyleLafferty
Just now, Jeff said:

 

What else should he do?

Actually get on the training field Monday-Friday instead of leaving it to his pals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/2239

Few notes to any non-members
-Been training with the team for the past week, said he is fit and ready to go for Friday.
-Once Hearts were involved, he had to consider.
-Said that Levein has been great, gave him time to think with his family, impressed by ambition and was crucial for him signing.
-Knows Colin Doyle from the Ireland squad and good friends with Steven MacLean from Sheffield Wednesday days.
-Describes himself as a bit of a moaner and groaner, doesn't like losing games, doesn't like losing training, wants to get in the team.
-Not here for a jolly, here to improve players and play and had more luxurious offers on paper abroad.

-Winner's mentality, wants to win something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit

"Subject to International clearance"

Does that ever get written after the initial sentence of any Celtic/Newco signing story? Ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Excellent, had my nose glued to JKB all day waiting for news and nothing......took the dog a walk round the block and my Facebook page is now flashing up signing news. I should go out again and maybe the Japanese lad will be announced!:fonzie:

What is.  the crème de le creme . in

Japanese ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband
23 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

7/1 Victorian. You thought you had an easy tap in but I seen it I cleared it off the line hit the post and battered my nose to juggle until I finally caught it. I've no issue with You. I imagine this post drains the effort out of you. Only imagine though. Whelan sign's 7/1 pay £8 for a homeless person to food a shower AND bed for the night on it seeing as you are such a Top Class Lad 

:wtf:

Link to post
Share on other sites
wheatfield to sheffield
3 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:


-Knows Colin Doyle from the Ireland squad

 

Might that be the real reason Doyle got a new contract?

Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

 

 

Hopefully bozanic aswell.

 

Levein rates him so I wouldn't have thought so

 

He has some good games I guess

 

Infact if you want a prediction then there's a contract extension coming his way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So Levein is just trying to sign his way out this mess, fantastic.

 

🤣 

Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

Great signing and it should strengthen our midfield to front part of the team. Up to the forwards to up their game now and prove their worth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Great signing and it should strengthen our midfield to front part of the team. Up to the forwards to up their game now and prove their worth. 

All we need to do now is to stop lumping the ball from Berra to Uche,. Then we might get somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennant's  6's

:yas:

 

Great singing. He had good words of CL as well. 

Just need to get the team playing better & to start picking up results.

Maybe a wee loan deal to see how Cummings fares in the Premiership too perhaps..

Link to post
Share on other sites
BRAVEHEART1874

Haring,  Damour and now Whelan looking good ;)

Can  Damour also play as an attacking mid if needed, basically replacing djoumn when haring is fit?

 Thought he was quite good his last game

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Actually get on the training field Monday-Friday instead of leaving it to his pals. 

He has been. Been quite noticeable how often he’s been involved since draw with East Fife. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wake up and smell the coffee guys,fantastic stop gap signing that will steady the ship a bit, he still has to go though,Only sandpapered over the cracks

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So Levein is just trying to sign his way out this mess, fantastic.

 

At least he’s trying. Some decent signings which hopefully pay off for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

All we need to do now is to stop lumping the ball from Berra to Uche,. Then we might get somewhere.

If Glenn Whelan demands the ball and Naismith gets back to his game of shouting at others to give him the ball then all should be well. Maybe Berra will need to ditch the Square boots to pick them out and not the empty space in the corners. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rudi must stay said:

 

Levein rates him so I wouldn't have thought so

 

He has some good games I guess

 

Infact if you want a prediction then there's a contract extension coming his way 

 

Yeah he's has some ok games but he was often behind Lee for a place. I just dont think he's suited to Scottish football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

 

At least he’s trying. Some decent signings which hopefully pay off for him. 

 

All we need now are some decent tactics which the players can follow and hopefully put into practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mid Calder Jambo said:

All we need to do now is to stop lumping the ball from Berra to Uche,. Then we might get somewhere.

 

Would expect Berra to feel a lot more comfortable with an actual goalkeeper behind him and two quality defensive midfielders in front.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
21 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So Levein is just trying to sign his way out this mess, fantastic.

 

See the players interview

says the manager was crucial to signin

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If Glenn Whelan demands the ball and Naismith gets back to his game of shouting at others to give him the ball then all should be well. Maybe Berra will need to ditch the Square boots to pick them out and not the empty space in the corners. :)

 

Berra should be dropped indefinitely 

really under performing and is a weak link in our defence and whole team

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

Haring,  Damour and now Whelan looking good ;)

Can  Damour also play as an attacking mid if needed, basically replacing djoumn when haring is fit?

 Thought he was quite good his last game

 

It said in the article I read about Damour that he could basically play any role in midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Would expect Berra to feel a lot more comfortable with an actual goalkeeper behind him and two quality defensive midfielders in front.

I hope he does and now that we have bought a quality midfield, i would like to see iy being used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

@Inch Hearts will be closing his account with this news 

 

I’ll keep the account open otherwise people will just say I’ve created a new yin.  A deal is a deal.

 

Great signing, lets hope the team can push on, on the pitch now and a good season is upon hopefully.  

 

Take care guys, been a blast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He has been. Been quite noticeable how often he’s been involved since draw with East Fife. 

He needs to get off the training field Monday- Friday😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

 

See the players interview

says the manager was crucial to signin

 

Berra should be dropped indefinitely 

really under performing and is a weak link in our defence and whole team

 

Once Souttar is back he might well be unless we go with 3 CB's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Levein rates him so I wouldn't have thought so

 

He has some good games I guess

 

Infact if you want a prediction then there's a contract extension coming his way 

 

It's a massive signing for the squad on every level. He's The General never the likes we seen since Kidd Bruno in my opinion and Brellier to an extent as leadership and class goes a no brainer. Has been training along with Joel during last few weeks. Non of them are newbies. I'm sure Motherwells tactics plans have been wiped out a few times already. I hope Meshino is next.

Craig Levein has 10 days - 6 weeks of my support I hope he has it in him as a winner of my respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

 

I’ll keep the account open otherwise people will just say I’ve created a new yin.  A deal is a deal.

 

Great signing, lets hope the team can push on, on the pitch now and a good season is upon hopefully.  

 

Take care guys, been a blast. 

 

It's only JKB banter. Always a Jambo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874

Good solid signing ! I'm sure we'll now see the best of sean Clare aswell with damour and Whelan in there beside him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

Nah, the more people that spread the word then the better the message gets across, he needs to go, now! 

Away wi ya , some people can’t be arsed with every thread being dragged the same way , people know people’s opinion yet they shout it loudly on every thread no matter the subject of thread. Theres a 200+ thread where its essentially the same 3or 4 posts all the way through. Add your thoughts to there unless they relate to Whelan 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good signing for the club, some much needed experience in the midfield that will surely benefit the likes of Haring and Damour. 
 

That said, not comfortable with the idea of having two defensive midfielders in the side at one time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

 

Levein rates him so I wouldn't have thought so

 

He has some good games I guess

 

Infact if you want a prediction then there's a contract extension coming his way 

 

I hope not especially with our recent signings. The guy offers nothing to the team in my opinion, too lethargic and wants too many touches on the ball.

 

I saw him have one decent game at Tynecastle when he played in a more attacking role but other than that he has offered nothing.

 

Really can't see what CL see's in him and I would hope he is not going to get a contract extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

All we need now are some decent tactics which the players can follow and hopefully put into practice.

 

Very much agree with you there. Hopefully the hopeful  punt from Berra will be very limited as we now have decent players who are comfortable with the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Good interview by him, sounds like he's not just here to keep fit for the ROI squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44

If you think I'm on something now wait till you see the state of me if Craig kicks doors off the hinges in Riccarton. That means someone's been in his ears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

 

Very much agree with you there. Hopefully the hopeful  punt from Berra will be very limited as we now have decent players who are comfortable with the ball.

 

Maybe tactic one is to keep the ball away from Berra unless we are defending then he can't punt it even if he wants to. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...