50TH Anniversary Of Apollo 11.

maroonlegions

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Are you saying the American government doesn’t or has never used propaganda? 

That's how I read it mate, aye.

Do you have any more examples that he might have missed?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• ri Alban

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's how I read it mate, aye.

Do you have any more examples that he might have missed?

Only one thing worse than seeing conspiracies is not seeing them.

Let’s keep this to the moon landings. 👍

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Seek professional help

How come when the Space Shuttle went up to 350 miles in 1998, the highest Low Earth Orbit ever achieved and the astronauts complained of seeing shooting stars in their closed eyes. This is due to the radiation from the Van Allen belt passing through their shield, suits and into their skulls.

How come none of the Apollo crew on any missions said they experienced that? In one interview, Alan Bean didn’t even know he had passed through them. 😂😂

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Freddie Flintoff on Top Gear was going on about flath earth / moon landing type stuff the other week as he is one of them. Was astonished hearing that

I'm not, he's a ****ing idiot.

23 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

How come when the Space Shuttle went up to 350 miles in 1998, the highest Low Earth Orbit ever achieved and the astronauts complained of seeing shooting stars in their closed eyes. This is due to the radiation from the Van Allen belt passing through their shield, suits and into their skulls.

How come none of the Apollo crew on any missions said they experienced that? In one interview, Alan Bean didn’t even know he had passed through them. 😂😂

Genuinely can't decide if you are trolling, nuts or at it. 

Anyway, whilst everyone agrees that being trapped in the Van Allen belts for any length of time wouldn't be a particularly good idea, it is possible to limit exposure to the goodies held within. This is done two ways: 1) making sure the spacecraft is travelling at a decent rate of knots to limit the time spent in there, but more importantly, making sure your trajectory takes you through a region that isn't as full of the nasty particles as other bits. I'm sure you are aware that it's not all one big lump of radiation, some areas have far less 'stuff' than others. 

Space Mackerel

Here is an interesting video, the interview (a very rare one, I wonder why) of Neil Armstrong is analysed by a speech expert to see if he is telling the truth or not. 

Bear in mind he thought the moon landings were 100% real, along with his wife, now they both have major doubts. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, trotter said:

Genuinely can't decide if you are trolling, nuts or at it. 

Anyway, whilst everyone agrees that being trapped in the Van Allen belts for any length of time wouldn't be a particularly good idea, it is possible to limit exposure to the goodies held within. This is done two ways: 1) making sure the spacecraft is travelling at a decent rate of knots to limit the time spent in there, but more importantly, making sure your trajectory takes you through a region that isn't as full of the nasty particles as other bits. I'm sure you are aware that it's not all one big lump of radiation, some areas have far less 'stuff' than others. 

Ive already posted a link to this video but it’s self evident you have skipped the post or deliberately not watched it.

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

No, not saying that at all.

I was merely pointing out that you are a debunker aficionado, and that there is nothing that anyone could post on JKB that will make you modify your position one iota.  It's my experience that you are impervious to reason in these matters. I tried and failed on 9/11.

Others might try, and I wish them luck. 

Well, you've fecked this thread ya bam

Congratulations

Now go munch on some crayons in the corner and let the educated people talk about mankind's greatest accomplishment.

SpruceBringsteen

I've watched a bunch of the youtube videos (famously never uploaded by absolute screwballs), and now I don't believe man went to the moon. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING*

Spoiler

*absolutely ****ing nothing, and life is not altered in anyway whatsoever

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Well, you've fecked this thread ya bam

Congratulations

Now go munch on some crayons in the corner and let the educated people talk about mankind's greatest accomplishment.

What's breast enhancement surgery got to do with it?

50 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Wrong! If you read A Man On The Moon (Written by Andrew Chaikin) most astronauts had flashes in their closed eyes due to cosmic radiation.

And here is a video regarding it:

Sorry ... the above doesn't work ... here is the link:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/every-astronaut-1969-landings-seen-9308958

Edited by heartsfan
Embedded code didn't work

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, heartsfan said:

Wrong! If you read A Man On The Moon (Written by Andrew Chaikin) most astronauts had flashes in their closed eyes due to cosmic radiation.

And here is a video regarding it:

<iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/4221396001/r1mPWQ7cg_default/index.html?videoId=5220688734001&applicationId=MIRROR%20Embed%20Offsite&referrerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fscience%2Fevery-astronaut-1969-landings-seen-9308958&ttID=5220688734001&plID=r1mPWQ7cg&publisherId=4221396001&videoTitle=Apollo%20Astronauts%20See%20Strange%20Flashing%20Lights&videoPublishedDate=2016-11-22T15%3A06%3A29Z&adUnitId=%2F5293%2Fmirror.co.uk%2Fscience&correlator=1563979362606&token=' allowfullscreen frameborder=0 width='640px' height='360px'></iframe>

Flashes in their eyes? They didn’t know if the saw any stars when they first got back to Earth 😂😂 

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

No, not saying that at all.

I was merely pointing out that you are a debunker aficionado, and that there is nothing that anyone could post on JKB that will make you modify your position one iota.  It's my experience that you are impervious to reason in these matters. I tried and failed on 9/11.

Others might try, and I wish them luck. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with scrutineering what the government tells you. Next they’ll be releasing dossiers that say countries have weapons of mass destructions and can deploy them in 45 mins. 👍 

maroonlegions

From NASAs LRO moon photos from the landing sites including China"s recent images and still its not enough.

584395main_M168319885_LR.25cm_ap14_area.jpg

584640main_apollo17-right-670.jpg

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with scrutineering what the government tells you. Next they’ll be releasing dossiers that say countries have weapons of mass destructions and can deploy them in 45 mins. 👍 

Correct, there is nothing wrong with being skeptical of government claims. There are well-known examples of government lies, and you quoted one of them.

But everything they say is not a lie, which you seem to believe.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

From NASAs LRO moon photos from the landing sites including China"s recent images and still its not enough.

584395main_M168319885_LR.25cm_ap14_area.jpg

584640main_apollo17-right-670.jpg

Amazing that years ago they had the tech to read a number plate from space through the atmosphere but on a place with no atmosphere, AND at a considerably lower level that’s the best there is. 

Got any better ones, preferably not been through NASA’s mitts? 

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

If they were as you say. They'd have taken out Trump by now.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Correct, there is nothing wrong with being skeptical of government claims. There are well-known examples of government lies, and you quoted one of them.

But everything they say is not a lie, which you seem to believe.

Where did I say I disbelieve everything they say? 

Ive pointed out numerous flaws in their stories and engineering capabilities at the time yet you’re the one dismissing them. 

In my opinion the US were losing the space race, or more like the arms race. They took off, flew at low Earth orbit and the rest is done in a studio. They returned to Earth as normal. They quite clearly faked the travelling shot as alfajambo posted. What more proof do you need? This isn’t rocket science. 

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Amazing that years ago they had the tech to read a number plate from space through the atmosphere but on a place with no atmosphere, AND at a considerably lower level that’s the best there is. 

Got any better ones, preferably not been through NASA’s mitts? 

1000s of scientific journals. 

Has there been to date any proof , i mean evidence ,that these NASA and CHINAs moon landing images are FAKE. 

Can you provide evidence that these images of the landing site are fake.

Its not enough to just say , well its NASA so it must be fake, would be laughed out of court , evidenced plain and simple. 

Why would China release its OWN images of the SAME landing spots that independently confirm NASAs images of the EXACT location. 

Are CHINA on the fake machine too. :vrface:

Edited by maroonlegions

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Where did I say I disbelieve everything they say? 

Ive pointed out numerous flaws in their stories and engineering capabilities at the time yet you’re the one dismissing them. 

In my opinion the US were losing the space race, or more like the arms race. They took off, flew at low Earth orbit and the rest is done in a studio. They returned to Earth as normal. They quite clearly faked the travelling shot as alfajambo posted. What more proof do you need? This isn’t rocket science. 

It is rocket science.

But I won't debate with you because I've learned how futile that is.  But you clearly believe that NASA was so successful in fooling the entire world with Apollo 11, that they decided to fool the world five more times.  That, in itself, should make a skeptic think twice about it being a fake.

I'll now leave you to it.

There's a difference between Skepticism and outright denial. Most people, when given evidence, will at least acknowledge this. Others need medical help.

Edited by ri Alban

Space Mackerel
35 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It is rocket science.

But I won't debate with you because I've learned how futile that is.  But you clearly believe that NASA was so successful in fooling the entire world with Apollo 11, that they decided to fool the world five more times.  That, in itself, should make a skeptic think twice about it being a fake.

I'll now leave you to it.

5 times? If it was so easy then why have we not been back? Why have the Russians not done it? The Chinese? It’s 2019. 

I suppose NASA can’t be bothered anymore. Makes perfect sense that. 

48 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Has there been to date any proof , i mean evidence ,that these NASA and CHINAs moon landing images are FAKE. 

Its not enough to just say , well its NASA so it must be fake, would be laughed out of court , evidenced plain and simple. 

Why would China release its OWN images of the SAME landing spots that independently confirm NASAs images of the EXACT location. 

Brainwashed. 

heartstastic
56 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/image

If you think 'images' are scientific proof then you are wrong.

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ive already posted a link to this video but it’s self evident you have skipped the post or deliberately not watched it.

I did watch it. At no point did I hear him say that it was not possible. He said that you need to ensure you have the correct shielding in order to do it. So clearly it's YOU who either has not watched it, or cannot understand the difference between 'difficult' and 'impossible'. 

In addition to the other actions I mentioned earlier, the Apollo astronauts were shielded by the construction of the capsule. Not only the outer skin, but the equipment that was installed on the inside of the outer walls. 

On 16/07/2019 at 21:31, Gards said:

Just waiting for some dick to come along and say it didn't happen.  One of the most amazing feats of human-kind.

Seems apt to bring this back up....

Space Mackerel
53 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

"Low Earth Orbit is the furthest we can go"

Lol. 

49 minutes ago, trotter said:

I did watch it. At no point did I hear him say that it was not possible. He said that you need to ensure you have the correct shielding in order to do it. So clearly it's YOU who either has not watched it, or cannot understand the difference between 'difficult' and 'impossible'. 

In addition to the other actions I mentioned earlier, the Apollo astronauts were shielded by the construction of the capsule. Not only the outer skin, but the equipment that was installed on the inside of the outer walls. 

17 minutes ago, Gards said:

Seems apt to bring this back up....

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m beginning to think Space Mackerel is his real name. 

For someone that doesn't believe in them, you manage to be one hell of a rocket :rofl:

🚀 🚀 🚀 🚀

What an embarrassment these posts are. "You're all wrong and here's a selection of hand picked videos, made by complete nutjobs, that prove it!" 

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

For someone that doesn't believe in them, you manage to be one hell of a rocket :rofl:

🚀 🚀 🚀 🚀

What an embarrassment these posts are. "You're all wrong and here's a selection of hand picked videos, made by complete nutjobs, that prove it!" 

Are you not a stoner who lives in Holland? 

20 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Are you not a stoner who lives in Holland? 

Sounds like you might be...! 

:wtfvlad:

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sounds like you might be...! 

:wtfvlad:

Ex aircraft engineer.

What do you do mate? Sit about the gaff and watch Star Trek all day with a big doofer? 

26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ex aircraft engineer.:cornette:

What do you do mate? Sit about the gaff and watch Star Trek all day with a big doofer? 

:conspiracy:

Governor Tarkin
49 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ex aircraft engineer.

Ex aircraft engineer = changed the tyres on a few Tornados at Lossie'.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ex aircraft engineer = changed the tyres on a few Tornados at Lossie'.

Imagine believing this went to the moon. 

Its made of Bacofoil, vinyl, broom handles, tissue paper and Quality Street wrappers. 🤣

Away and have a lie doon. 

A7C05CF5-BC91-459A-8CD0-D59DA429F48B.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Its made of Bacofoil, vinyl, broom handles, tissue paper and Quality Street wrappers. 🤣

You know the reason it was made from foil and tissue paper? There is no atmosphere in space, so no drag forces to withstand. Why make something heavier than it needs to be especially when it's designed for use with something where weight is of critical importance? The foil was only used for heat shielding purposes. 

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ex aircraft engineer.

That's a funny way of saying that you spend all day painting Airfix models, whilst watching ridiculous "edgy" YouTube videos, thinking that you've got the entire world sussed out. 

Regarding your second point; see the thing is, you've taken something that you've written as gospel, even though it's laughably far away from the truth.  Nae bother though, I'm sure you'll get distracted by another insane conspiracy theory.

Edited by tian447
Edit - I'm still laughing at how you even came up with thinking I'm from Holland. What a riddy!

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Can't recall saying that it did, Spacey.

You bash on, now.

Space Mackerel
49 minutes ago, trotter said:

You know the reason it was made from foil and tissue paper? There is no atmosphere in space, so no drag forces to withstand. Why make something heavier than it needs to be especially when it's designed for use with something where weight is of critical importance? The foil was only used for heat shielding purposes. 

You don’t think a 10,000 lb rocket underneath would tear it to shreds? 

Where red is all the dust in the feet, did they get out and give them a once over with a handheld vacuum? 

Space Mackerel
8 hours ago, alfajambo said:

130,000 miles out.

28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Can't recall saying that it did, Spacey.

You bash on, now.

You have watched this or just here to deliberately troll? 

What do you think? 

I think you've been duped, big time, but you bash on now. 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

You don’t think a 10,000 lb rocket underneath would tear it to shreds? 

Where red is all the dust in the feet, did they get out and give them a once over with a handheld vacuum? 

What are you talking about? It doesn't matter what kind of rocket is underneath it. There is nothing to impact on the surface of the lunar module because there is no (well almost zero) particulate matter in space to hit, therefore it doesn't need to be strong enough to withstand drag forces/impacts. If you mean vibrations from the engine, then obviously it was designed properly and thick enough where required to withstand that. 

I'm happy from the evidence that I have seen that the moon landings happened. If you don't then that's fine, but I'll leave that up to you.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You have watched this or just here to deliberately troll? 

What do you think? 

I think you've been duped, big time, but you bash on now. 

I haven't watched it, no, because the bandwidth out here doesn't allow for the streaming of video.

However, I think that despite knowing your way around a Cessna with a socket set, your speakers aren't properly wired up to your stereo. In a manner of speaking.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

What’s always intrigued me , is what do conspiracy theorists get out of it all? What’s the goal, aim, end result for them? Does it change their lives or is it a cheap thrill if they are right?

Why do they want to believe things didn’t happen? 

26 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

What’s always intrigued me , is what do conspiracy theorists get out of it all? What’s the goal, aim, end result for them? Does it change their lives or is it a cheap thrill if they are right?

Why do they want to believe things didn’t happen? 

Because it gives them a smug sense of self satisfaction when they think (operative word) they know things that 99% of other people are too stupid or gullible to understand properly. 

There is a certain irony in the logic. 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I haven't watched it, no, because the bandwidth out here doesn't allow for the streaming of video.

However, I think that despite knowing your way around a Cessna with a socket set, your speakers aren't properly wired up to your stereo. In a manner of speaking.

Awwww, poor you. 

Because ignorance is strength. 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, trotter said:

What are you talking about? It doesn't matter what kind of rocket is underneath it. There is nothing to impact on the surface of the lunar module because there is no (well almost zero) particulate matter in space to hit, therefore it doesn't need to be strong enough to withstand drag forces/impacts. If you mean vibrations from the engine, then obviously it was designed properly and thick enough where required to withstand that. 

I'm happy from the evidence that I have seen that the moon landings happened. If you don't then that's fine, but I'll leave that up to you.

“It doesn’t matter what kind of rocket is underneath it” 😁

Maybe the US shouldn’t have bothered getting all these V1 and V2 German scientists out after WW2 then. Maybe they could’ve used a massive Whoopee cushion? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣