50TH Anniversary Of Apollo 11.

maroonlegions

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Moon rocks studied by many scientists, could not make that up.

Did one not turn out to be part of a fossilised tree?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• ri Alban

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did one not turn out to be part of a fossilised tree?

Not got a clue bud, maybe a rogue sample that got mixed in with the moon rocks ^_^

heartstastic

How can you test something is from somewhere that nobody had been too before?. It was the Dutch goverment that had there 'moonrock' tested that was a gift from Nasa...it was found to be petrified wood.

The Dutch moon rock thing is clearly a case of theft.

Nixon gifted the Netherlands a tiny sample of moon rock in a commemorative display stand.

The original sample was 4 tiny pieces of rock weighing a total of 50milligrams encased in a clear plastic coin.

In 1992, this was then donated to a museum in Amsterdam.

By this time, there was a single lump of so-called "moon rock" weighing 89 grams and mounted on a gold coloured piece of cardboard.

When they tested it, it was discovered to be petrified wood.

The original moon rock sample had obviously been removed and substituted at some point between Nixon's giving of the piece and the 1992 donation to the museum.

It's another stupid conspiracy theory that doesn't stand up.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

The Dutch moon rock thing is clearly a case of theft.

Nixon gifted the Netherlands a tiny sample of moon rock in a commemorative display stand.

The original sample was 4 tiny pieces of rock weighing a total of 50milligrams encased in a clear plastic coin.

In 1992, this was then donated to a museum in Amsterdam.

By this time, there was a single lump of so-called "moon rock" weighing 89 grams and mounted on a gold coloured piece of cardboard.

When they tested it, it was discovered to be petrified wood.

The original moon rock sample had obviously been removed and substituted at some point between Nixon's giving of the piece and the 1992 donation to the museum.

It's another stupid conspiracy theory that doesn't stand up.

Ok, if you say so.

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

How can you test something is from somewhere that nobody had been too before?. It was the Dutch goverment that had there 'moonrock' tested that was a gift from Nasa...it was found to be petrified wood.

Well, meteorite impacts in a near vacuum cause little glass globules to form as everything cools. That can't happen on Earth with its atmosphere. It can and does happen on Luna.

That is of course just one example of a characteristic of some moon rocks, but yeah, that's one way you can test.

There are hundreds of moon rocks, so people hanging their hat on the mistaken identity of the one as proof of a coverup conspiracy are pretty silly.

On 18/07/2019 at 22:44, jake said:

As for facts.

They change over time.

F...

Moon Lander Fabrication Analysis

The flying bedstead that NA tested in earths gravity was inherently unstable.

The LEM design seems never to have been tested in a landing scenario prior to first use.

Having said that A10 LEM they say did take a close look.

Did they go? The technology seems very suspect, but on the other hand I find it difficult to disbelieve the testimony of the astronauts particularly Neil Armstrong.

4 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Moon Lander Fabrication Analysis

The flying bedstead that NA tested in earths gravity was inherently unstable.

You can say that again. It damned near killed Armstrong the first time he used it. 

Also, I see Chris Kraft (first NASA flight director) died this morning. :(

Edited by trotter

SpruceBringsteen

I don't understand conspiracy theories. Say the US didn't land on the moon. Say Bush did do 9/11. Say Kennedy was shot by whomever your nutbar hypothesis has decided. Who actually cares? What difference/point are the conspiracy lads trying to make? That governments lie? Well **** me Columbo you've fair cracked that case wide open, this is brand new information. Such a weird thing to hang your hat on.

Bindy Badgy
16 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I don't understand conspiracy theories. Say the US didn't land on the moon. Say Bush did do 9/11. Say Kennedy was shot by whomever your nutbar hypothesis has decided. Who actually cares? What difference/point are the conspiracy lads trying to make? That governments lie? Well **** me Columbo you've fair cracked that case wide open, this is brand new information. Such a weird thing to hang your hat on.

People want to believe that they're more intelligent than they really are. Beleiving in conspiracy theories makes them think they're in on something that all of the 'sheep' aren't clever enough to understand. In reality, they're drooling idiots.

Edited by Stokesy

48 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

People want to believe that they're more intelligent than they really are. Beleiving in conspiracy theories makes them think they're in on something that all of the 'sheep' aren't clever enough to understand. In reality, they're drooling idiots.

Believing.

Space Mackerel

Anyone who thinks man has went to the moon needs their heads examined. Absolute nonsense. Imagining thinking that contraption landed on the moon!!! It would fall to pieces on a windy day down Porty beach.

Over 50% of the test landings on Earth ended in catastrophic failure meaning certain death for the crew.

They clearly faked traveling there by positioning the camera further back in the vehicle from the window and blacking out the inside whilst in Low Earth Orbit, you can CLEARLY see the cloud patterns. They use a piece of card to form the Terminator line.

All explained from 32 mins here. Some folk are so gullible. :laugh: 

Unknown user
21 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Bingo. 

4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Some folk are so gullible. :laugh:

:indeed:

Just . . . not the way you're thinking.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

:indeed:

Just . . . not the way you're thinking.

They didn't go man, not a chance. Pure hoax.

You should watch the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey (filmed 1967) and then compare the start to the moon lunar photos (1969) You'll get a wee shock.

Its called Front Screen Projection.

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

They didn't go man, not a chance. Pure hoax.

You should watch the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey (filmed 1967) and then compare the start to the moon lunar photos (1969) You'll get a wee shock.

Its called Front Screen Projection.

:lol: Dearie me.

Space Mackerel

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the Truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back. -Carl Sagan-

It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain-

Despite the ACTUAL PHOTOS OF THE LANDING SITE TAKEN BY AN ORBITER

FFS some people are thick as feck and determined to ignore facts.

Imagine quoting Carl ****ing Sagan who worked at NASA during this period in support of your howling moonbat conspiracy theory :rofl:

Here's Sagan on the impact the moon landings had on humanity--as usual his legendary writing and narration shine through.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Cade said:

They took 3 buggies too don’t forget and had a wee drive about. Did some doughnuts in the lunar surface. 😂😂

https://www.aulis.com/deliberate_errors.htm

Again, there are actual photos of ALL Apollo landings sites taken in the 2000s by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Go have a wee look ya mup

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Again, there are actual photos of ALL Apollo landings sites taken in the 2000s by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Go have a wee look ya mup

Remember how there used to be Spot the Ball in the Evening News, I delivered them 1984. How did they make the ball disappear? Then reappear?

21 minutes ago, Cade said:

You’re blinkered laddie.

Space Mackerel

Alan Bean, Apollo 12 and Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17 getting the noise of the landing a bit different. One says nothing, other says seriously loud 🤣

Bean at 13;30, Cernan at 27;25.

Absolute nonsense.

6 hours ago, Stokesy said:

This really cannot be understated. The sudden turn in this thread--you couldn't ask for a more perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect in action. Taking a Carl Sagan quote about credulousness and a lack of critical thinking to support the idea that the moon landings never happened. :lol: Carl Sagan, a NASA insider, someone who was never afraid to speak out against the American and Soviet governments and their keeping us in a perpetual state of near-annihilation for decades. That, perhaps even more than his astronomy and cinematic art, was what he was known for. If any person in the universe was more scientifically qualified, better situated, or more ready to expose a moon landing hoax than Carl ****ing Sagan, I would like to know who it was. But did he? Of course not. He praised the moon landings. Why? Because they happened, and because they were an important milestone of human achievement. Likewise he took apart hoaxers--a great example is his deconstruction of Immanuel Velikovsky's similarly bizarre claims about Venus.

Honestly still completely flabbergasted by bringing him into the mix. "Blinkered" indeed.

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

This really cannot be understated. The sudden turn in this thread--you couldn't ask for a more perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect in action. Taking a Carl Sagan quote about credulousness and a lack of critical thinking to support the idea that the moon landings never happened. :lol: Carl Sagan, a NASA insider, someone who was never afraid to speak out against the American and Soviet governments and their keeping us in a perpetual state of near-annihilation for decades. That, perhaps even more than his astronomy and cinematic art, was what he was known for. If any person in the universe was more scientifically qualified, better situated, or more ready to expose a moon landing hoax than Carl ****ing Sagan, I would like to know who it was. But did he? Of course not. He praised the moon landings. Why? Because they happened, and because they were an important milestone of human achievement. Likewise he took apart hoaxers--a great example is his deconstruction of Immanuel Velikovsky's similarly bizarre claims about Venus.

Honestly still completely flabbergasted by bringing him into the mix. "Blinkered" indeed.

You're ignoring ALL the evidence though. But thats OK I guess.

Any person with a modicum of engineering knowledge and common sense sees through it.

Space Mackerel

Patrick Moore (RIP) getting the clearly ecstatic 🤣 first 3 men on the moon tied in knots.

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Anyone who thinks man has went to the moon needs their heads examined. Absolute nonsense. Imagining thinking that contraption landed on the moon!!! It would fall to pieces on a windy day down Porty beach.

Over 50% of the test landings on Earth ended in catastrophic failure meaning certain death for the crew.

They clearly faked traveling there by positioning the camera further back in the vehicle from the window and blacking out the inside whilst in Low Earth Orbit, you can CLEARLY see the cloud patterns. They use a piece of card to form the Terminator line.

All explained from 32 mins here. Some folk are so gullible. :laugh: 

See testing, it's what you do to get things right. 

Right lads, in ye get, I know we've no tested this contraption, but didnae worry. It's sound!!!

Edited by ri Alban

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

See testing, it's what you do to get things right. 

Right lads, in ye get, I know we've no tested this contraption, but didnae worry. It's sound!!!

No worries boss, this is going out on live TV? You mean this thing has a less than 50% chance of even landing on it never mind getting us back??

I'm game!!

Utter utter baloney. 🤣

12 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

No worries boss, this is going out on live TV? You mean this thing has a less than 50% chance of even landing on it never mind getting us back??

I'm game!!

Utter utter baloney. 🤣

Is there a moon? Is the world flat, or I'm a global delusional tin foilist.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Imagine quoting Carl ****ing Sagan who worked at NASA during this period in support of your howling moonbat conspiracy theory :rofl:

Here's Sagan on the impact the moon landings had on humanity--as usual his legendary writing and narration shine through.

Contact 👌🏻

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is there a moon? Is the world flat, or I'm a global delusional tin foilist.

Freddie Flintoff on Top Gear was going on about flath earth / moon landing type stuff the other week as he is one of them. Was astonished hearing that

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Freddie Flintoff on Top Gear was going on about flath earth / moon landing type stuff the other week as he is one of them. Was astonished hearing that

The Earth is an oblate spheroid, not round. 👍 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Earth is an oblate spheroid, not round. 👍 

Still not flat though is it , we are all (well sane people) aware its not round but trying to explain it flattens at the poles and bulges at the equator is a bit harder to explain to crazy people

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the Truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back. -Carl Sagan-

It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain-

130,000 miles out.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

130,000 miles out.

Thanks for that, I rest my case. 

Cade will have a meltdown and hopefully an apology after he’s watched this. 

I'm game!!

Utter utter baloney. 🤣

Based in your posts on JKB over the years, you claim the moon landings were a hoax, you claim that 9/11 was totally different from the official government version (a plane didn't hit the Pentagon, for example), and the massacre of children at Sandy Hook is all a lie.

Is there a 'conspiracy' that I've missed.

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Based in your posts on JKB over the years, you claim the moon landings were a hoax, you claim that 9/11 was totally different from the official government version (a plane didn't hit the Pentagon, for example), and the massacre of children at Sandy Hook is all a lie.

Is there a 'conspiracy' that I've missed.

Are you saying the American government doesn’t or has never used propaganda?