***Official Cowdenbeath v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

fabienleclerq
30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Well on top but only scored one and failed to win, like last season then. So no signs so far that we’ve improved, yet. Replace Dundee United with St Mirren, Livi, Dundee from last seasons and it’s the same story repeating ........this finding solace in mediocrity is killing us. Tonight if we fail to win it will be “it’s a crap park”, “wait till Naismith is fit”, “Uche isn’t match sharp” etc etc. There where some positives from Friday but ultimately nothing to get carried away with as it all added up to us failing to beat a championship side. 

If you want to find negatives you will, Hearts will win tonight whether we play 442 or not. 

And I'm not sure fans opinions of performances is killing or making us tbh. 

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• martoon

• Beast Boy

Robbo-Jambo
31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No Mulraney either, hammy. Or has he recovered?

Put this game to bed early and let some other guys get game time

No Mulraney either. Hearing this all second hand so don't shoot the messenger 🙄!!! 

9 hours ago, 4forDevries said:

Thought Harry was out injured and missing from recent squad ?....not dble checked certainly.

Not injured, played on Sat in bounce game at Tynie, just left out  he interesting to see if he is in squad tonight. Would like to see more of McDonald in these games  he looked sharp against ICT.

Jambo 4 Ever
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No Mulraney either, hammy. Or has he recovered?

Put this game to bed early and let some other guys get game time

Who’s hammy?

6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If you want to find negatives you will, Hearts will win tonight whether we play 442 or not. 

And I'm not sure fans opinions of performances is killing or making us tbh. 

Fans acceptance of 5-0 defeats to Livi, back to back 6th place finishes etc etc and the acceptance of the excuse culture we’ve created is killing us. That in turn makes us drop the bar of expectation. 

I agree about tonight but I’d still like to see a change in shape. 

7 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

In that case, Zanatta, Moore, Wighton( if fit), Edwards or Burns would be possibilities.

Probably Zanatta is most likely.

McDonald the natural one to come in for Walker, none of the others played in that position. Burbs a lb, never a midfielder, Edwards a cm, Moore a wide left as is zanatta and Wighton is a striker.

Jambo 4 Ever
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I was speaking to Levein today and he was really positive.  Told me he has a player who is fully fit, not injured or recovering from an injury.  He had a mental block and couldn't remember who it is but I reckon it's Booby.

Who’s booby?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Who’s hammy?

13 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Who’s booby?

Hammy and booby up front? 

Would quite like to see Clare and Bozanic playing together. Think they could compliment each other really well. Bozanic is a grafter who likes to win the ball, pass, then move. Clare likes to drive forward when he gets the ball. Be interested to see how they operate together.

17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Would quite like to see Clare and Bozanic playing together. Think they could compliment each other really well. Bozanic is a grafter who likes to win the ball, pass, then move. Clare likes to drive forward when he gets the ball. Be interested to see how they operate together.

At the moment Bozanic is the natural seniordeputy for Haring. I think he deserves his chance.

Just now, tazhearts said:

At the moment Bozanic is the natural seniordeputy for Haring. I think he deserves his chance.

Is there any chance he’ll play Olly Lee? I’d like to see Clare and Bozanic too. I thought Clare was excellent second half against United.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'm not normally a fan of 4-4-2 but this type of pitch suits it.

442 rules!!! 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

We failed to beat a championship side?? We have also played it in every pre season match, we’ve only won one match. 442 didn’t work on Friday. IMO of course. 

We didn’t fail to win because we played 4-4-2 though! We failed to win because we didn’t take our chances. There was more creativity, inter-play, link-up and fluidity in that performance on Friday than in any game in the past six months. The formation worked really well. The fact we’re halfway through pre-season meant we were rusty in front of goal. A similar performance tonight with better finishing will see the game buried by half time.

Alex Kintner
Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Is there any chance he’ll play Olly Lee? I’d like to see Clare and Bozanic too. I thought Clare was excellent second half against United.

Olly is down south I think 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He’s out until August I think so it’s unlikely. I would bet money on the team being different to every one that’s been posted up here. Can’t ever pick a Levein team, Fridays was slightly unexpected too.

Edited by Pasquale for King

SpruceBringsteen

From what I remember of last year, Cowdenbeath were a team of neanderthal hatchet men. Without Naisy, I unfortunately don't see many in our squad that would subtly rattle one of their jaws should they start their hammer throwing shite again this time. Still predict a comfortable 4 or 5 goal win, however.

9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We didn’t fail to win because we played 4-4-2 though! We failed to win because we didn’t take our chances. There was more creativity, inter-play, link-up and fluidity in that performance on Friday than in any game in the past six months. The formation worked really well. The fact we’re halfway through pre-season meant we were rusty in front of goal. A similar performance tonight with better finishing will see the game buried by half time.

Totally agree with this

16 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

From what I remember of last year, Cowdenbeath were a team of neanderthal hatchet men. Without Naisy, I unfortunately don't see many in our squad that would subtly rattle one of their jaws should they start their hammer throwing shite again this time. Still predict a comfortable 4 or 5 goal win, however.

Suspect Soapy wouldn’t be averse to  booting some inbred Fifer tit’s nutsack if he found an angle where the officials were blind.

34 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Agreed. I actually think this is the perfect game for the lad.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

If he doesn't boss these games then he isn’t good enough 

I would suggest not being able to boss games vs dundee united means he is not good enough

Weather looks OK. C'mon Hearts.  Take them to the cleaners.

5-0 and only 3 new injuries.

Perfect.

3 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

I would suggest not being able to boss games vs dundee united means he is not good enough

I would suggest a player doing well but maybe not exactly bossing it like Iniesta in his first game of the season means **** all.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Weather looks OK. C'mon Hearts.  Take them to the cleaners.

5-0 and only 3 new injuries.

Perfect.

Some of them need it to be fair...

They’re dirty,

They’re smelly,

They come from near Lochgelly,

They huvnae goat a telly,

The Cowden Family... di-di-di-di - clap-clap

Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 attacking forward type players and two attacking full backs.

Could be eventful 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I want Clare to boss these games. 

Take them by the scruff of the neck. 

Stand out. 

don't think you will ever see Clare 'boss' a game

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Zlamal

Smith
Halkett
Berra
Burns

McDonald
Clare
Bozanic
Zanatta

MacLean
Washington

Tasty 👍🏻

Should be capable of another 10-0 thrashing this team

Strong bench too

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Any reason for walker, Mulraney, uche and Souttar being dropped? But of a strange team to play

???? Nobody has been dropped. Some have been rested 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Any reason for walker, Mulraney, uche and Souttar being dropped? But of a strange team to play

Because it’s still really pre-season and we’re being careful to get everybody fit at whatever speed their individual needs require? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Are we getting video on HeartsTV or is it commentary only?

It will most likely be commentary only, home games are streamed because we have our own cameras, away games are generally only if the game is being shown on TV (BT, Sky,, BBC, Alba) as we can tap into their feed OR if the home team have their own feed and allow us access and i doubt that Cowden have that.

50 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I hope you are correct. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with MacDonald in a front 3

Levein's just confirmed it as 4-4-2 on BBC radio in his pre match interview 

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Cos its basically still pre season and other players need games?Team looks strong enough for Cowdenbeath?

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It's a league cup qualifier in mid-July! This is the time to ease new players in, give youngsters some minutes and try out some things.

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20190716-183316_Instagram.jpg

Why do they list the team that way instead of goalie, defenders, midfield, attack. I assume it's in numerical order by shirt number but it's weird. 

This is the League Cup, not pre season for those few who are confused.😁

This should be a breeze, with 5 orv6 goals to spare tbh.

Edited by Gambo

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

This is the League Cup, not pre season for those few who are confused.😁😋

John Souttar must be confused as well then 👍🏻